Santal Royal 2014 Eau de Parfum

Santal Royal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain
Santal Royal (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is oriental-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Thierry Wasser

LeatherLeather
AmberAmber
OudOud
MuskMusk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 21.10.2021.

DemonHeadDemonHead 7 years ago

„Bending to the Middle Eastern Market”

This year Guerlain introduce a new scent intended for the Middle Eastern market; Santal Royal. With exclusivity limited to the new Salon de Parfums...
K1K1 6 years ago

„"The treasure of east" is not a material of perfumery, it's introversion...”

Here we have a doomed perfume by every single reviewer and critic. I criticize the responsible...

Love it
This is a beast mode top drawer fragrance. It fills the entire apartment and the floors above and below. It has a very sweet smell that i wish was a tad more masculine but its a fabulous scent nonetheless. I don't have much experience with fragrances containing oud and rose but after experiencing this i definitely will. Finally Guerlain puts out something masterful.

Taurus1967
The smoothness of the mysterious
Santal Royal is not the first rose-oud-sandalwood fragrance (that was Salarium by Lush from 1989), but it should certainly be one of the best known and most popular.

One reason for this could be the relatively complex composition, which exudes an exquisite dark rose, coupled with the seriousness of the oud, which comes across really soft as well as the slightly smoky oriental sandalwood. Before that, a touch of some jasmine and some mini splashes of neroli.

Even the peach, which seems strange in itself, finds its place without seeming artificial or even intrusive. In between, almost as a matter of course gossamer cinnamon, which gives Santal Royal the skillful finishing touch.

Finally, a bit of leather and dabbed amber. The whole wafting mystically quite a few hours without further development before itself, but this solid and without any blame.

The only drawback: rose-oud-sandelwood combinations are now anything but original and can now also be found in room sprays for toilets, but Santal Royal can nothing for that. It is just a fine noble recipe, which gives the wearer style and sense of the beautiful things with a little twist into the mysterious.

For autumn and winter and the magical moments in life ideal!

Deni0707
Oriental smoke rose with still and character
My husband says: this is YOUR fragrance! And so it is...
I found it in 2015 and learned to love, for me since then a constant companion, no matter what season it is, I always have it on.

In the oriental fragrance family, I own several perfumes, as well as I have tested many many,
none of them could convince as Guerlain's Santa Royal.

In the first few minutes after spraying on, you are enveloped by incense, then the rose appears and stays and stays...and being from the land of roses (Bulgaria), I grew up with the unfiltered powerful rose oil, so I love roses, for me anything can smell like roses...

For rose and orient lovers simply an absolute MUST!!! Please test necessarily, if you fall into this category :-)))
Alex54
The beauty of the moment
Sunrise. The first rays fall into the still bluish garden of paradise. Cool from the night, a veil hovers over the water.

Columns flanked by palm trees, trace a path through the garden. I follow it.
Smell morning air and a hint of blossoms. The beauty of silence.

As the sun rises, the smell becomes stronger. A fresh floral scent spreads through the garden.
A round arch in front of which red roses grow.
I walk through it.
The midday sun is already high.
Sand as far as the eye can see.
The wind drives fine grains of sand down from the desert dunes. The wooden pavilion stands lonely. Colourful fabrics are blowing.
Nomads bring spices and fruits.
Evening is approaching. The sun is low. A campfire burns crackling at the foot of a dune. I sit there, looking alternately at the sea and into the crackling fire.
Got my leather jacket on.
A hawk flies towards the sunset.

Night falls and the embers of the fire glow orange. The smoke and burnt wood make me reminisce.
The stars clear as never before.
Silent witnesses to the night.

Waking up.
Sitting in the leather chair, wearing my black turtleneck sweater.
The fireplace is almost out and I'm thankful for that great smell.

This comment is dedicated to a friend. I hope you enjoyed reading and thank you for your great recommendations!
Jannik200999
Can you be more oriental?
First, a thank you to "Shaunpher" for the nice souk.

The first time I smelled Santal Royal about 3-4 months ago, and was so excited that now finally a whole bottle of it was allowed to move in with me.

But from the beginning.

The bottle is a feast for the eyes and one of the most beautiful I was ever allowed to hold in my hands. Opaque, solid black glass with gold facets and a beautiful loop around the spray head.
Genius.
And if that wasn't enough, it also pairs beautifully with the included eau de parfum.
Admittedly, jasmine and nerolino notes I can not perceive, but immediately the two main players make themselves clearly noticeable: Rose and Oud. The oud is, unlike in many other fragrances, but not "dirty" and penetrating, but very softly embedded - like everything in this fragrance. Also the rose, which turns out to be rather a dark one, is buttery soft and harmonizes wonderfully.
In the later course then joins a tart peach and only slightly sweetened cinnamon.
Last but not least, then also has the eponymous sandalwood his appearance, and completes this noble composition, which is in the eyes of many one of the highest quality at all.

Out comes a dreamlike, mysterious Oriental, which has its appearance on colder days or in evening and night occasions - if you dose it carefully, certainly also times at work wearable. Thus have the question of H&S probably also answered.

Thierry water and Guerlain have created a dreamlike unisex fragrance here, which has a very special aura and attraction to me. This masterpiece of perfume art gets from me a smooth 10, few can keep up with him - he is simply magical.
Royal without being aloof
When extensively rummaging and testing in my favorite perfumery in Halle / S. came in a coffee break, yes that's part of the service there, the suggestion I should test times Santal Royal, which could fit for me.
The test strip was sprayed, I was by the coffee again "reset" so fresh to the work.

I must say I liked it right away. Rose, jasmine and some peach, not intrusive, but a mix that pleases, especially me. So immediately a spray on the skin because the test strip is nice and good but that's not the place of use and natural habitat of a perfume. There the same result and after about 30min the scent then softens and sandalwood and oud come to the fore, sittet, oriental light. Is all good, but what rounds off the fragrance is in small form the leather and musk but above all the cinnamon. I love the smell of cinnamon anyway but here he makes for me the dot on the i.
The harmony that Santal Royal radiates makes this fragrance so good for me and it gets better and better with time on the skin.

Now for the bare facts. The shelf life is 8h+. The projection is also very good.

Now I also remember the words of my "favorite saleswoman" in the perfumery, "I know what they are looking for before they know it themselves and I also know that Santal Royal is one of the fragrances they take today." And she was right, at least on this day

Smoky Rose
Scents are always something personal for me. They take you on a journey, awaken memories or remind you of places where you have been.
Santal Royal reminds me of Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
A balance act of rose and oud.
For many, oud is too heavy; for others, rose is too cloying. The quality of both ingredients in Santal Royal is unbeatable for me. Both perceive your role and live harmoniously with each other.
The fragrance is for me the absolute epitome of luxury and could not be worn often enough. Therefore, he finds place in my top 3!
The ratio of price and performance is unsurpassed!
Guerlain for me you have shown here your best performance, thank you!!!
Only deduction would be the sillage, because that could already be a little better. For it, he keeps long and you can sometimes just not have everything.
All those who stand on smoky and high-quality fragrances: please try!
La Rosa enflorese
They are said to be from out of this world. They say that they are from the cosmos - not only because they sound galactic but because they are so different and unknown and unrecognized.

In "La Rosa enflorese", the old Spanish song of the rose and love, one understands why the songs of Bulgarian women's choirs still enchant people today. In the high pitches, when mortal voices struggle for strength, the choir balls up and unfolds a power that has a magical effect. Is it the rose that the song is about? Or is it the love that tugs at the heartstrings? What is the origin, what makes the singers cast their spell over us? The voices hurry in unison - the song seems almost hypnotic
The fragrance of "Santal Royal" is a declaration of love to the rose. Not to the Damascena, but to that which is called "the oil rose, the trendafil" in the rose valley south of the Balkans. The rose,
which is picked by hand early in the morning while the dew is still on the flowers. The leather and oud are included in this remarkable composition to keep the Trendafil high - for a rose festival of the senses.

"La roza enflorese

in the month of May.
And my heart overflows,
it suffers from love"

DalilaB
Too much of a good thing ?
I have to be honest, I did not like this perfume the first time I tried it. I was not used to oriental perfumes and I thought they were loud and I preferred more subtle scents. After smelling it several times on a friend, I liked it enough to get myself a bottle. With this kind of perfume, patience is required to fully appreciate it. I spritzed it and waited. It was creamy, the sandalwood was sweet almost vanilla to my nose. The rose is barely there and I don’t really pick up jasmine or neroli very much. It’s centred around sandalwood and come across as monotonous after sometimes. For example, I was stuck on a plane with a passenger who wore too much santal royal and I couldn’t smell anything else for 5 hours and half. So the sillage is good, and so is the projection and it completely drowned my own fragrance. I had to sniff my wrists periodically to remember what I was wearing.
Syrian Beauty
This is my very first comment, so I ask for a little indulgence :)

There's something magical about that smell. When I look at the scents I immediately think of a heavy typical arabic scent (Oud, leather), as you are used to from Tom Ford (No Front ;) )
However, I find this fragrance so fine and "delicious"... I think it is the rose that makes the fragrance so magical and special. I honestly can't smell the oud and leather. But the fragrance needs time to fully develop its floral oriental note. I usually wear it below 20 degrees and I don't know what to wear. An absolute everyday fragrance for me and already my 3rd bottle This fragrance is ideal as an "introduction" to the oriental world, as it is not so strongly oud.

Basilisk2803Basilisk2803 2 months ago
Strangely smells like sweat or peculiar body-odour. No-go for me.
TorkeTorke 1 year ago
A dirty, sweet rose/oud combination. No signs of Sandalwood.

A very sensual and intoxicating scent. Amazing performance and sillage.
TRehfTRehf 1 year ago
Rose-Oud fragrance that stands out. Truly royal appeal. Very complex and refined. Unisex, but 25+. Autumn till spring. Has a sensual edge.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Nice oud-rose combo, similar to Montale's Dark Aoud in my opinion. It's not really an unique scent and misleads sandalwood fans.
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
The rose is more masculine than usual; oud more feminine than usual; sandalwood nowhere to be found. Smooth leather in the background. Nice.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
A Woody -oriental unisex masterpiece made gentler by the rose touch giving a touch of freshness. A "sacred" perfume with a wonderful sillage

by DemonHead
by Sweta
by Timur163
by Timur163

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Vanilla Planifolia by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain