Shalimar Cologne 2015

Shalimar Cologne by Guerlain
Shalimar Cologne is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2015. The scent is citrusy-sweet. It was last marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Thierry Wasser

RoseRose
Base Notes Base NotesWhite muskWhite musk
VanillaVanilla
IrisIris

Submitted by Elchen50, last update on 04.07.2021.

Vanilla Clouds
What have I been chasing after this perfume, incredible. It was always sold out just when I wanted to order it. On this Parfumo Parfumbild he is sooo pretty pink. Actually, he's more clear.
I had also ordered it in France, but it was precisely this fragrance that was cancelled. Now it is available at a discount online shop in DE. A few days ago I only ordered one bottle there.
I ordered two more bottles today because I love, love, love him. What can I say, he's great.

Starts quite refreshing with bitter bergamot and grapefruit, I find lemon more enigmatic, but at first it is very citric. Great and modern. The classic Shalimar has these "lemon notes".
It sounds like some jasmine and vanilla already in here. Who knows the souffle, it is exactly this jasmine and this vanilla.
I don't smell freesia and iris and Rose can only be guessed next to white musk.
I smell soft and warm slightly floral vanilla. At first I thought the scent might be too weak, but that's absolutely not true. Even after showering the vanilla was still smelly on the skin.
I find the really beautiful and a more modern version of the Eau de Shalimar EDT, which has been adjusted with a vanilla that is even more beautiful for me The fragrance now fits at spring harbour temperatures, as well as in summer, autumn and winter.
For winter evenings I would probably use the original Shalimar variant. The Shalimar DNA is also well recognizable in this fragrance, I think. Especially if you like the souffle, this one is a must have.

Direct hits
After my Shalimar EdP trauma (see comment there) and a few days of breather, I ventured into Shalimar Cologne today. You want to know, don't you? And - yeah! That's what it is! Unsweet, soft, soft vanilla with a little bit of musk. With me no bergamot, no lemon, no grapefruit (I would have liked everything very much, but well). I obviously skipped the heart note too. The scent then remains unchanged for hours (now there are about three) and only becomes weaker. I like the decency; I'm sure it's nothing for people who want to stand out. And you can also find it boring - I don't feel that way in this case. I feel the scent as close to my body (maybe I have applied too little?) and mild. Just right for me; I've got something to look forward to. He would irritate me with men; I find him very feminine. - What else? I'm about to bite my wrist.

Shalimar Cologne 2015
If I was Thierry Wasser and people kept banging on about Mathilde Laurent's Eau Legere, Jean Paul Guerlain's assault on it, unfortunate names that suggested a diet Shalimar and now a discontinued Eau de Shalimar I would also restore the fragrance. He has been the 'Great Improver' and those of us who have benefited from his tweaks of MItsouko bow to his artistry. There are great specifics there from Mr Bon Vivant's review; cool iris and thyme made me my knees tremble. And I am indeed kicking myself for missing Eau Legere because I came late to Guerlain; the Dowagers in my family wore Caron, Chanel and very 'Green' fragrances that were the rage. Having tried Cologne today I knew I was undone. Love this and many will think it is a cross between Eau de Shalimar and Parfum Initial

KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
It's okay, but it's not an alternative to Eau De Shalimar. It's close to the usual designer style. Nevertheless, 8 points worth for me.

by DemonHead
by DemonHead
Bei Oma Hildegard
by TomLavender
by NannyOgg
by NannyOgg
Szene aus einem Horrorstreifen...die Spannung steigt...ein Schatten...
by TomLavender
by EauMySoul
by EauMySoul
by Ninina
by Ninina

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Vanilla Planifolia by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain