Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar (2012)

Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain

Top 29 in Women's Perfume
Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar is a popular limited perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2012. The scent is oriental-spicy. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued. Limited Edition

Thierry Wasser

Spices, Resin, Madagascan vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 09.07.2020.

Serenissima
In my youth, there were not only the vehicles with the sign "Follow me" which showed the airplanes their way over the tarmac of the airports of the world (do they actually still exist or is that already digitally regulated?), but also a television programme - an English course - with this title.
Like I said, it's been a long time But I remember one song by Amanda Lear in particular - it must have been in the mid-seventies; that smoky, brittle voice lured and whispered: "Follow me! Follow me!"

"Follow me!" whispers Guerlain's "Shalimar Ode à la Vanilla" to me, this time on the way to Madagascar, in the blink of an eye. I gladly accept this invitation: I'm still freezing (what is actually sacred about "Eisheiligen"?) and on the traces of my beloved "Shalimar Eau de Parfum" from the past, I can't get lost! Although this could almost happen in this now so extensive "Shalimar" world.

This classic "Shalimar" has also wrapped itself in warm, creamy and sinfully scented vanilla.
Like a cuddly warm cape or a warm bubble bath, this beauty of scent embraces me; it takes me away into other worlds - away from the cold! On the way to Madagascar we pick up some more spices - I clearly notice black pepper and cloves, maybe a pinch of grated nutmeg. Each one is a warmth dispenser!
A little resin - galbanum? - is also in the way and like with one of those sticky old-fashioned flypaper "Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la Route de Madagascar" (yes, everybody has the right to his full name!) collects this fragrance generously; he has to travel with it!
Thus, at the end of this fragrance journey, a spicy, resinous and viscous vanilla-laden melange is created, which accompanies my "Shalimar" tastefully and even beguilingly.
(The additional "sweet stuff" of the "... Route du Mexique", which is tasty but also slightly sticky, I don't miss here ;-)

For many hours I am warmed by Shalimar's vanilla sister; I am grateful for it and for this reason alone I sing her praise. (Even if it is not based on an ode!)
But no, this is unfair: beautiful is "Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la Route de Madagascar" in any case.
And I thank Gelis for letting me experience this fragrance dream through her
If now this scent goddess lures:
"Follow me!
I'll give you anything you want
Your wish is my command
If you agree to follow me!"
- Just do it!
"For a second of vanity
I want to change your destiny!"
- Let's go! Br /> What better thing can happen to us than to feel like escaping our own fate for some time?
Follow this "Shalimar" and I am sure you will also say later: "Je ne regrette rien"!

Nights in White Satin...
Don't ask me why this song came to mind, when I was wearing this wonderful perfume, for the first time yesterday. Well, it could be an age thing...the song is from 1967 after all...won't say anymore on that particular subject! I'll start by saying I had Shalimar, and had to swap it. It wasn't that I didn't try to love it, because I did...oh how I tried, but just could not get past the opening. It was just pure lemon..almost like lemon pledge on me. When the dry down finally came (which seemed like hours), it was just not worth the wait. So, when I read about this version, I was really anxious to try it. This is absolutely fabulous! The opening...a much softer citrus, perhaps the mandarin orange somehow fazes out the lemon accord), is lovely and fresh. But it doesn't last long at all, until a wisp of vanilla pushes through. I detect the iris, and patchouli, but couldn't really pick out much jasmine or rose for that matter. But that's fine with me, because at this stage I'm smiling and feeling oh so happy! I'm enjoying sniffing this lovely blend, when all of a sudden..the most lovely and gracious vanilla emerges! Wow, what a beautiful vanilla! It may even be the end of my quest, for the perfect vanilla! I detect just a slight dash of incense, and musk. Not overdone, nothing about this fabulous blend is overdone. It all merges together so softly, but leaves you stunned by the beauty of the whole thing. Oh yes, I feel like I am sitting in a lovely old courtyard, in a soft silk blouse, sipping a crisp glass of white wine, at sundown...with Nights in white satin, playing in the background.

by IrisNobile
by RomanaFrangi
by Nicolsche
by Nicolsche

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Cologne) by Guerlain