Shalimar Souffle de Parfum 2014

Shalimar Souffle de Parfum by Guerlain
Shalimar Souffle de Parfum is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-sweet. It was last marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin orange, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesIndian jasmine sambac, Orange blossom water absolute
Base Notes Base NotesIndian vanilla, Tahitian vanilla, White musk

Submitted by Mezzanine, last update on 12.10.2020.

flatter me...
...you blue angel. I have all the Shalimar scents. All as usual: lush, oriental, significant. But this...

It's summer now. Time for oriental? Yes! This Shalimar, which has nothing to do with its relatives, nestles perfectly in the mildly blooming Somemer period. It flatters and adapts itself in the course of the fragrance again and again. Quiet, not so pushy. Something like a carnival in summer. Cotton candy, popcorn, apple of paradise, all the beautiful delicious things that mix so finely with the light, the noise and the air. One is always drawn to addiction with the desire for more.
That's how I feel about Shalimar Souffle de Parfum.

I don't pay much attention to smelling individual fragrances. For me, it is rather the overall mixture, the interaction of the components. Just like at a fair.

Silage's okay. That'll make him fit for the office. The shelf life is okay for a prompter. The bottle's usual elegant Guerlain-Shalimar design.

Also very recommendable as blind purchase.
blue lightness
After my beloved initial and my courageous test to test the original Shalimar once, I took yesterday courageously to Shalimar Souffle.

In my opinion, this beautiful blue, elegant bottle does not fit the content. The name, on the other hand, does. Because the fragrance is always light/soft.
There is my first point of criticism: The durability and the sillage are underground. In order to be able to perceive the scent well, I had to press my nose to my wrist... After about three quarters of an hour he was completely gone... Well therefore there is probably also the Intensevariante 2017.

Now to the fragrance itself: Souffle starts slightly citric (Clear through the citrus fruits listed here.) I don't really like it that way, but it's still within the range. Because nothing stings here and my eyes don't start watering ;)

After about 10 minutes it begins to flower with the beautiful jasmine, next to a freshly cut mandarin. A very ripe, juicy mandarin. I like it very much.
We'll go on like this for now. There's not really much developing here anymore. He gets a little sweeter by the vanilla and then he's already gone..

That's a shame, because I like him. If he could have been a candidate for purchase, he would have had the stamina and murderer Sillage like my initial...

Now the Intenseversion has to go, but as we all know, the "Intense's" don't always smell the same as the EDP...

Habit Rouge pour Femme
Scentrack: Suede - She's in Fashion

Although not bringing something new, Shalimar Souffle is well made lemon-oriental flowers-vanilla combo. It opens with beautiful Guerlain's lemon reminding me of legendary Habit Rouge. The flowery heart of jasmine and orange flower is rounded by excellent gourmand ice cream-like vanilla.
It doesn't reminds me of Shalimar, and it should be properly named Habit Rouge pour Femme Souffle.
My girlfriend is really enjoying this comforting scent thus I'm a little bit biased.
P.S. The packaging is absolutely amazing.

Rating: 8.5/10

Delicious - but not "shalimary" at all
I love it for its own uniqueness and vibe. It is a nice citrus dessert like scent. Souffle is a great name for it. Shalimar no so much. At least I cannot smell much if anything that reminds me of Shalimar EDP or EDT. I think it's more a marketing ploy than a real connection to my all time favorite evening eau de perfume. But this is still very lovely. It reminds me of a sheet of fresh baked lemon vanilla cookies set on a window sill next to an open window, waiting to cool off. It is really delicious, just not "shalimary" IMHO.

Shitty Shalimar
Guerlain should be fined for doing this with an iconic and classic fragrance. This is what happens when you prostitutes your brand in a desperate attempt to cash from any possible way. This is not Shalimar, this shouldn't be called shalimar, this is a pleasant but unrecognizable Guerlain fragrance - linear, loaded in sweet musk, with an acquatic opening (on Shalimar! For God Sake!) and with some spicy florals. When you don't care about your image or history, you sell yourself like this for money, which is shameful.

MissBiscuitsMissBiscuits 4 months ago
Wouldn't describe it as 'light' except with respect to longevity. Vanilla adds weight no matter what.

Discussions about Shalimar Souffle de Parfum

by Merlina
by JJ84
by JJ84

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain