Spiritueuse Double Vanille 2007

Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
Top 9 in Unisex Perfume
Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is gourmand-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Angélique Noire

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pink pepper, Frankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Jasmine, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Benzoin, Rum

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 24.11.2020.

Outrageously good!
Hello Spiritueuse Double Vanilla you little, cheeky rascal!

I discovered you for the first time a few years ago but unfortunately you never really interested me, although your face is beautiful! It took an eternity until we met again in 2019 and I decided: One day I have to test the Lümmel again. Well, a few days ago I opened my purse to miserly people, which was easier said than done, because a cutting torch was needed (miserly people) and I ordered SDV, Cuir Beluga and Tonka Imperiale for bottling. I like all three of them extraordinarily well and they give me a "want to have" feeling, but my wallet has a completely different opinion than I do and is hidden deep in a mine adit. On the eternally long search for my miserly purse, I always sniffed my hand like a drug sniffer dog to find out what great things were being processed there. Strangely enough, every day I smelled something different there... Sometimes incense, then rum, then mostly vanilla... I am and will always be a strange time man (as Angelo Merte once said)
My, my, what's the matter? Jo freili!

Directly after spraying on I sniff vanilla and incense or sometimes only vanilla and rum or sometimes almost only vanilla, where benzoin, bergamot, pepper, jasmine and ylang ylang these bullies hide, is not known until now! My thesis: They all have shares in the so-called "Stay-Away-Fund", i.e. Mr. Guerlain pays in money every month, so that they all stay away and don't show up, otherwise it might look like bulky waste? In the drydown, when the incense and rum evaporate and go to play with Keilo, the vanilla is the only one left behind and promises to stay by my or your side until the bitter end.

Durability is quite ok, Sillage not so but it doesn't matter, you don't have to bother your fellow men
By the way: here and at Cuir Beluga one or more beautiful vanilla has been processed, which differs clearly from the synthetic ones from cheap products. Besides, the vanilla seems to me to be a bit fresher (is it because of the bergamot of this rascal?) than at Cuir Beluga but towards the end it is, I think, the same vanilla
Portable as a man? Let's ask Ludwig... Ja freili!
Only the price is not ok for me but that's how I feel about Creed & co. too.

Yeah, you better hurry up!

Caramel vanilla hugs
Vanilla and benzoin –the dominating combo in SDV– are a match so perfect that it should be regarded in the same category as other classics such as mint and chocolate, lime and coconut, rum and raisin or cheese and onion. The stuff great memories and clogged arteries are made of.

Here the vanilla brings warmth and sweetness while the benzoin adds smoothness and depth, resulting in an accord not too far away from caramel or golden syrup bubbling up in a pan. It's a thick and pleasant treacle-like aroma, comforting and slightly boozy like the hug of a drunken relative on New Year's Eve and with just a hint of ylang-ylang or pink pepper every now and then to keep things interesting.

All in all Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a cozy cold weather fragrance well suited for intimate and special occasions, or for any time a gourmand craving may arise; a scent that would be just criminal for any sweet-toothed vanilla lover to miss.
Noitxxy
Feel-good moments
As an avowed vanilla fan, it was only a matter of time until SDV and I had to find a symbiosis that couldn't be better A fragrance that gives me a good feeling and always works in every situation in life.
I smell in the top note a gourmand vanilla that starts already quite opulent, which is super cushioned by the slightly alcoholic note that I like very much and gives the fragrance the special note and lasts for about 20 minutes, the strongest component after that I clearly smell out the rose, (which I can not stand otherwise) but in this case the fragrance really beautiful underlines and makes the scent a bit more perfumed and the gourmand character that remains all the time a little cushioned.
Sillage is acceptable and durability is really good even if it is rather close after the first 2 hours, but for a vanilla scent especially as a male carrier safe enough Whether it is worth the price of more than 200 Euros is something everyone has to decide for himself, for me as a die-hard vanilla fan it was worth every Euro and balm for the soul.
DarkWinterCS
Double vanilla where'd you go?
During my personal perfume-journey, I already had this situation several times, one asks and/or informs oneself about a certain scent and then one goes from the hundredth to the thousandth. Instead of having information about a scent, all of a sudden there are five scents on the test list that you might like and absolutely have to get under your nose. Under one of my last comments or statements I was recommended this Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanilla.
So what do you do if you're a dedicated perfume user? Of course you have to look up the page and see which jewel is behind the name. I saw the name already a few months ago, but I didn't have the intention to become active here. From the notes and comments, the whole thing sounded quite promising and pleasant. For a gourmet nose like me, I knew that sometime here would come the point to organize it as a rehearsal. Now it was time and the scent landed in the mailbox as a bottling. As I currently had quite a lot of fillings ready to be tested, it had to wait for one or the other day.
In contrast to many other fragrances, I was very neutral with this one, had no expectations and wanted to dare to approach the fragrance objectively. In retrospect, this was not a bad idea, so the fragrance could not disappoint me
So what is my problem with the scent now? Not with the composition itself. More with what happened on my skin and what he gave me. In the end, unfortunately, not so much or nothing at all. On my skin the scent apparently has the problem to unfold, which I find quite a pity. The perfume simply does not exist or my skin absorbs everything so that hardly/no notes remain audible. Maybe it's also my nose, in any case I can't perceive this fragrance to 80-90%. A development is also not existing. What a pity
The smell itself would have deserved it, because what I could sniff was not bad. I would have loved to observe more notes, enjoy the composition and follow the development. This, however, should be denied to me. There were fine, unsweet vanilla notes to be guessed, which seemed to be of high quality. This was accompanied by a lot of pepper, which already pushed the vanilla into the background. A little more sweetness probably wouldn't have hurt to let the pepper note appear a little more balanced.

Now what can I say about durability and sillage? The scent is very close to my skin directly after spraying on and can only be heard at the point of application. In the first five minutes a touch of Sillage flashed up briefly, but that's all it was. After 15 minutes I already asked myself if I had applied a fragrance at all. Even on the inner sides of my arms the perfume disappeared after this time and is no longer present for my nose.

With this scent I find what I have achieved extremely sad, as the whole thing had already appealed to me. Maybe I'll have luck with the next vanilla scent.

Taurus1967
The vanilla reference scent - double holds better
In the past winter as well as in the course of the last few years I have been able to smell several vanilla scents. Among them some really excellent masterpieces such as Cuir Beluga by Guerlain, Seta by Moresque, Vanilla by Franck Boclet or Vanilla Patchouli by Molinard.

So far so good. Due to the variety of vanilla scents, unfortunately I can't get to know and test them all. But the best candidate for the candidate for the uncrowned vanilla king for my taste so far might be Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain.

The reasons are as complex as the eau de parfum itself. On the one hand, you get a high-quality vanilla as it is in the olfactory picture book. Absolutely natural, not too sweet and still intense enough.
A little spice and incense around it, so that you find a slightly woody and smoky support, which makes the fragrance a little more masculine and distinctive.

Add some benzoin, which has a balsamic effect, but spiritueuse double vanilla still appears gourmand. The same can be said of rum, which is used very discreetly, but is perceptible. Finding the right adjustment here will probably have been one of the biggest challenges.

After all, and this is another reason, no one less than Jean-Paul Guerlain "the nose" the last heir of the dynasty personally lent his hand to this creation. The perfumer of classic milestones from Arsène Lupin, Chamade, Coriolan, Derby, Eau de Guerlain, Habit Rouge, Héritage, Nahema as well as Samsara has shown once again why he is one of the greats. And with Guerlain, you can assume that at least under his direction, you don't just stir something together, but that you carry out every step with a lot of thoughtfulness, professionalism and quality.

Even though the other perfumes in the "L'Art et la Matière" collection are all almost perfect scents and have their justification, Spiritueuse Double Vanilla is the only one with the signature of a guerlain.

The Amerena cherry on top of the vanilla icing on the cake is still the right choice in terms of projection, durability and bottle design. I would venture the thesis: you can't make a vanilla fragrance any better than this.

Parfümlein
Challenge stragglers: Another step on the way to "my" vanilla scent - January 21, 2020
A straggler! Who would have thought that I could still enjoy a - very, very generous - sample of SDV! At this point a very big thank you to Odeur23! Since so much has already been written about this wonderful fragrance, and yet it still needs to receive a little comment as part of my vanilla challenge, I'll just say this much: it's quite wonderful and yes, it can best be compared to Eau des Missions, which - what a coincidence - came into the house as a bottle on the same day. However, I don't find it much less sweet; both are very reserved in their own way and by no means equipped with a dominant sweetness (I had already written in my commentary on "Eau des Missions" that there are also slight after-shave hints). So SDV is not carried by sweetness, but by a multi-layered aroma; clearly noticeable are the quite fresh prelude and the slightly flowery notes, but I hardly feel the incense, which I think is mainly responsible for the dark depth, the minimal smoky touch. That's really great perfume art, of course, to hide the individual components and yet reveal that the overall impression wouldn't work without them - vanilla isn't naturally smoky and dark. This is so wonderfully done! Oh yes, it was a vanilla scent: the vanilla itself is completely present, very fast, very beautiful in team with benzoin, it is a caramel brown vanilla. Guerlain has succeeded fantastically in creating this gourmand note without exaggerated sweetness. Spiritueuse Double Vanilla is similar to Dior's Fève Délicieuse, a spicy gourmand that remains transparent. Visualized, the fragrance, like that of Dior, presents itself as a veil, as a fine breeze, not as a massive block, which is the case with many gourmands despite their fantastic notes. Spiritueuse Double Vanilla, on the other hand, is ethereally delicate and for this reason actually perfect: wearable everywhere, not intrusive, but still with an impressive silage as well as a really good durability. It's a pity that I couldn't test this fragrance earlier, but it's wonderful that it has come to me now!
And there is another one: Tomorrow I can still test Eau Duelle by Diptyque!
DonJuanDeCat
A double vanilla to... uh... drop the throat??
Unbelievable... I often write that I like Guerlain and find this L'Art et la Matière series especially great. And then I haven't commented on this scent yet? Honestly, before my comment here I haven't even tried it yet!

I don't know why, either. It is possible that when I stand in front of these scents (which, of course, are in the women's department in spite of unisex information, just to make life difficult for me!!) I usually spray on the same scents here: The Tonka of the empire... forgive me, of course I meant Tonka Impériale (I'm just in Star Wars fever again, because I'm watching the Rebels series, the new movie "Solo" will be released soon and I'm already quiet...). The second fragrance I like to test over and over again and what I hope will come into my collection sometime is Néroli Outrenoir (which is also VERY typical for me, because the fragrance is citric fresh AND has a nice tea note!).

Anyway, I can well imagine that the vanilla scent here also smells great, maybe even divine and therefore I am very curious! And luckily I have a sample of the scent here, so I don't have to spray the scent on me in public in this hot weather. That's why I don't pull a big vanilla cloud behind me in public, which would have been embarrassing for me, because the fragrance smells quite feminine. And with the warm weather, you somehow notice much more quickly where a fragrance comes from. And since I still have to drive the suburban train and bus (and our buses here are hopelessly overcrowded), I don't want to radiate a huge vanilla cloud from me and draw all eyes to me, aaaah... I have really strange worries sometimes...! Because this is almost as embarrassing to me as when you... well, fart (but quietly), and it suddenly starts... "strange" to smell unpleasant :DD

The fragrance:
The fragrance starts with a wonderful, sweetly powdery vanilla note as well as a somehow really nice matching rum note, which almost makes you drink the fragrance :D
Pink pepper and beautiful, fluffy incense can also be heard, which also fit very well here in the fragrance. Ah, unbelievable, how great the fragrance smells with the combination of vanilla and rum, benzoin makes the fragrance even more beautiful and softer, and somehow the vanilla smells beautiful as always, but also slightly different, which is hard to describe, but probably the reason why the fragrance seems so especially beautiful to me, oh, you just have to test it yourself. The interaction of all scent components here is fantastic!
Over time, the fragrance becomes a little heavier and I smell floral notes in the background. This could well be the Ylang-Ylang, even if you can't smell it out so exactly.
Even later you still smell a great vanilla with still a little rum, the fragrance remains powdery soft, but gets a barely noticeable, but still great "spicy" note. Oh and I still have the feeling that I smell a little bit of tobacco in the later base, at least for a short while, before it smells like powdery soft vanilla until the end, as so often.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is, with the exception of the Aufspühen, almost moderate, well, a little bit better than that. To be honest, I expected a lot more from a vanilla fragrance than from a smaller fragrance cloud.
But the shelf life is quite long. Sprayed in the evening or late afternoon, I could still smell the scent until the next morning.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular and high. On one side it has a golden label or badge with the name of the fragrance on it and the Guerlain logo on it. The fragrance liquid is also golden, as is the neck of the bottle, where the black and cylindrical lid is attached, if the light pump sprayer is not screwed on. With the pump ball, the bottle looks much nicer, but I must also say that it is much more difficult to handle than with the simpler spray head. Anyway, the bottle is very nice.

Ohoo, the scent is beautiful! If he had been a little stronger, he would have got 10 points from me! Maybe the fragrance can be a little exhausting for some people (mainly because of the powder and vanilla notes), but it is a nice fragrance, and all those who don't get a headache from it in the long run will find a wonderful fragrance, as I said, which is especially suitable for going out in autumn. During the day it could be a bit exhausting in the long run (in spite of not sooo strong Sillage), unless you spray it really discreetly and not like some in the fragrance departments from top to bottom, you can do that when going out :D

Vanilla fans should,... no, definitely HAVE to sniff in here to make sure they don't miss a thing. The only question is whether the fragrance is actually unisex. That's a little hard to answer. Because you can't ask such questions here at Parfumo, because you always answer the same thing: "Wear what you want!", even if that should be true :D
But seriously, even though rum has some masculine approaches here, I still find the fragrance rather feminine, especially in the base.

Soo, I finally tested this fragrance with it. Now I have tried over 80 Guerlain fragrances so far and I have to say that this brand does not get boring for me. At the risk of sounding like advertising, I'd like to say that Guerlain is already a really great brand for me, creating good exclusive fragrances as well as offering beautiful mainstream fragrances. For me this could go on forever, I am looking forward to the next 80 Guerlains... but unfortunately 60 fragrances will be pure women's fragrances again, which will be extremely difficult to test *SEUUUUFZZZZ* ..

Deep, dark Vanilla...
Now, I must start by saying that I have tried the other fragrance that this is compared to, and I really can't find much difference between them! I'm referring of course to Le Couvent des Minimes - Cologne of the Missions.

What I will say, is that Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a much darker fragrance. The rum, balsams and tobacco really add depth to this fragrance. The performance and longevity are good and it lasts for most of the day with me (but is not the strongest). I don't find this one completely gourmand however. I think it's very wearable in many different scenarios (all year round).

I find the fragrance great for people who love the house of Guerlain as it has their signature vanilla accord. I think gourmand lovers would also like it as well, however for everyone else I think there are other fragrances that do what this does, and which come close to what this does, for less. In that regard, unless someone is a collector or a fan of Guerlain, I can't see this being worth a full purchase. I do recognise that this was a big hit for Guerlain and many people loved it when it came out, but I feel that gourmand and oriental fragrances now are diverse enough with vanilla that you can get more value for what you pay for in terms of a vanilla fragrance. It's a great fragrance though, that is for sure.

Woe Vanilla
Darn you SDV, you last too little on me. Your opening sweet rum and caramel swirl enchants me but it is gone too soon. You don't project! For a price like that, you'd better. I love you all the same, and will spray you liberally until you finish and will keep the bottle to remember you by.

Double Disappointment
Double Disappointment
Finally! My lovely big decant arrived in the post this morning. I have had this on my wish list for ages, and finally had the chance to purchase a decant from a fragrance buddy. Of course I purchased it untested! This is the icon of vanilla perfumes! I have read so many glowing reviews, I couldn't possibly go wrong buying it blind. After all, I adore vanilla, and this is portrayed as a Holy Grail! Oh..how the tables turned on me! I sprayed it, and straight away I got a blast of vanilla essence, laced with rum. Ok, this is just the beginning..let's wait till the creamy, dreamy vanilla kicks in! It probably has to develop, as this is the Queen of all vanillas, after all! Four hours later..still waiting, and nearly in tears at the utter disappointment! Not even a trace of rose, nor a hint of jasmine..just a low quality vanilla soaked unbaked rum ball. Oh where is the luscious,elegant vanilla that is in my Shalimar Ode a la vanille Madagascar? I feel so let down. It must be my skin, chemistry, nose, or something I just can't fathom! I must be one of the very few people on the planet that doesn't adore this fragrance! I am almost ashamed to write this review, and in actual fact, did delete the first one, as it sounds so unbelievable that I'm not weak at the knees from this perfume. I am, however, not sorry I purchased this decant, as I would have been always sorry I never had the chance to experience it. But I've learned one thing..Double the anticipation, double the disappointment! P.S. This was posted in the German reviews, by mistake, so ignore the fact that is says German review...I can't write German anyway! (wish I could :)

SergioTSergioT 11 months ago
My favorite vanilla. Boozy, creamy and smoky. Stellar creation.
K84K84 1 year ago
The scent is spectacular but to airy and light. Wish it last and projects more
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Slightly boozy vanilla and abundant resinous benzoin combining to create a delicious gourmand scent. Liquid gold for vanilla lovers.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Lush vanilla, versatile and fine. Light caramelly with a teanote, but with background freshness, subtly smoky, woody, fruity and ambery.

Goldene Spiritueuse und ich sagen DOUBLE DANKE!
by BBMie
Big vanilla
by Itchynose
Die Fontaine in der Rue St Honoré für die farbigen Flakons
by Baptiste
Ist sie nicht anschmiegsam, die schöne Vanille?
by Gandix
by Altona
by Freeestyler
by Freeestyler

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Derby (1985) (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain