Spiritueuse Double Vanille 2007

Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
Top 15 in Unisex Perfume
Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is gourmand-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Angélique Noire

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot Pink pepperPink pepper FrankincenseFrankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian roseBulgarian rose JasmineJasmine Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla BenzoinBenzoin RumRum

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 23.05.2022.

MontanaB
Can't afford and Can't forget dilemma
The one scent that is drilling my consciousness. With current advised retail price it is literally can't (read don't want) afford and from the loving scent perspective it is definitely one that I simply can't forget. Affordability is of course funny topic, but in my eyes longevity has always been an issue with Double Vanille and not in tune with the fees even before last year new packaging adaptations.

One can dispute the beauty of the composition and timeless style of this boozy vanilla heaven. And I agree, art is not cheap. I did spend money on Minimes, I did spend money on Perry Ellis, they move me but not shake me to my inner core where love for this creation resides. Both miss soul and share similarities of exterior, vaguely so. The smooth boozy smoky creation called Spiritueuse Double Vanille that was made with love and incredible skill will be always locked in my mind. So do I treat it as piece of very expensive art or still try to wait till good deal price on it comes my way?

From what I hear a lot of ingredients will be spiking in price by one third on average this year. When it happens I don't want to be in line at Guerlain for the best vanilla out there paying the price of Roja. And trying the alternative did not evoke the same sensation.

GoLeafsGo7
Gold standard for vanilla fragrances!
SDV is highly reviewed and extremely well-liked in the industry, so I don’t have too much to add. I’ll just say this: it is one of my favorite fragrances for the fall and winter; it is one of my favorite Guerlain fragrances; it is among my most worn fragrances; and it is among my favorite vanilla fragrances. The sweetness is complimented by boozy, ambery, spicy and woody facets, giving the vanilla a slightly dark and smoky character, while still maintaining a sweet and sensual side.

I love SDV! It is delicious, intoxicating and addictive! A true masterpiece from Guerlain!

I own the 2016 Colour Collection Flacon Quadrilobé (limited edition exclusive). The flacon is exquisite!
My Heaven
When I decided over a year ago - after decades of fragrance abstinence - that I wanted to wear a perfume again, I went in search of one, of "my" vanilla perfume. And no, it wasn't Spiritueuse Double Vanille at the time, it was Vanille West Indies which was to be my first perfume. I hadn't known any niche fragrance until then and was amazed at the Parfumo world, which was closed to me until then. I just wanted to smell like vanilla. After a few months of researching online and testing vanilla bottlings, it became VWI. I still love it today, as well as Tihota by Indult. Now VWI hasn't been available for purchase new for over a year and neither was Tihota for a long time. So recently I continued to test my way through vanilla perfumes with a now different view of the fragrance world. Over a year of Parfumo did not pass me by without a trace. After many fragrances that were allowed to enter, but it was clear, it should be once again a vanilla fragrance that really smells like vanilla and not just accompanied by it. Since VWI is still not available, I got to know Spiritueuse Double Vanille.

Upon first testing it, I was a little disappointed. Not about the fragrance, but about the durability and sillage. I had been wearing Confetto, a wonderful vanilla-heavy beast, for a few weeks (yes, even at work...), and my nose was obviously not as receptive to the slightly quieter scents. I've since come to see it differently. SDV is a wonderful not-too-heavy fragrance that still has a presence. The scent is more complex than VWI, but also carries the vanilla as an exclamation point. It touches my soul. Another perfumo recently described fragrances as "places of longing", this is true for me with SDV. I barely detect rum - if at all - minimally in the opening, though it's not listed there at all. SDV is lovely, but not too sweet. In a way, it reminds me of Vanilla 28 by Kayali, which I find too "cheesy" and synthetic though. SDV manages to perfectly blend the Vanilla 28 with the VWI without making it too sugary, allowing the vanilla to be heavenly for me in an unsweet form. So today, for the first time, I dared to declare a scent as a signature scent. That doesn't mean I wear it all the time. Nor that it is and will be the only vanilla scent for me, but it comes very close to my ideal, as does VWI.

And: If you wear Confetto in the office, you wear SDV everywhere and in every season!
Loo
My ray of hope on grey winter days
I had already heard so many positive things about these fragrances and had not found a store in my area that carries these scents....until a few weeks ago...all I can say is they are so incredibly good...I bought 4 bottles right away because they are so different and wonderful that I just could not decide.

This fragrance starts with the rum and vanilla and evolves into a work of art. I can't get enough of this fragrance. A perfect scent for cold, grey winter days and totally unisex. I kept reading about the comparison to Tom Ford Tobacco Vanilla...since I also have this one I can only say that I disagree with that opinion. This scent is soft, like rum and very private. TF's scent, on the other hand, has tobacco in the forefront for the first few hours. The sillage is above average and loud. Still, I'm glad to have both of these enchanting, very different winter scents in my small collection.
Pure beauty
I love vanilla scents, I could die for beautiful vanilla. Over the years, of course, I have found that there is THE ultimate (vanilla) fragrance, the life fragrance, so to speak, does not exist, I have not found him ... but some, which, in their own way, come very close to the ideal, and I love hot and hearty.

Among these is definitely Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain. SDV is not a fashion or hyped fragrance (it is probably too expensive for that), I certainly do not know anyone who smells like it. No, it is timeless, elegant, sophisticated. Always wearable, whether in a suit or in jeans and sneakers. And, except in the heat, quite also on summer days.

The first thing I notice when spraying on, is a clear, very appetizing rum note. Really a pity that really remains only 10 seconds, then it makes way for a pleasant vanilla.
After about ten minutes, a delicate, really beautiful and very coherent floral note unfolds, in which I smell out especially ylang ylang with a hint of jasmine. The rose is rather hidden, which I am not angry about. With rosy and generally very floral fragrances I have so my difficulties, that is me often very quickly too much, too pungent, too garish,
The florality here, however, is quiet, restrained, gentle. The vanilla is always in the foreground. A noble, soft, not at all sweet, absolutely unkitschy vanilla, wonderfully balanced with a fine spice (incense, pepper, benzoin?), which remains for a long time, for hours, and becomes very slowly closer to the skin. With a little imagination I sniff thereby also still very tenderly a little rum aroma, but only directly on the skin.

The sillage is certainly not room-filling (it does not have to be; I generally feel rather uncomfortable when my perfume screams miles in front and behind me "there I am / was"), but at arm's length well and super pleasantly perceptible.

The durability I find very okay, which is certainly 6-7 hours. My bottle comes according to Checkfresh from last year, just as info, since some complain here yes about reformulations and lack of durability compared to older batches. Of course, I have no comparison to this. Quite personally, I like but anyway no firecracker, the felt no longer disappear, because I often change two or even three times a day the fragrance.

Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a fragrance that suits me, that complements me, that makes me feel good, that lifts my mood and that makes me happy. What more does one need?
Siri
My long way to this fragrance
To spoil right away: I am now since a few days proud owner of this fragrance. It was not easy to approach me this fragrance. And that came so:
Although not long fragrance-crazy, I became interested quite quickly in the exclusives of the Guerlain series "L'Art et la Matiere". To get an idea, I started ordering various bottlings of the fragrances. A bottling from SDV was also included. And I was disappointed: such a weak little water with very poor longevity... and then so expensive. That can't be it.
I let some time pass, but the fragrance would not let me go. I tried again with a bottling, and... was horrified. The scent literally smelled like cold ashes, downright disgusting. This time I was sure I had received not just a dilution, but a fake. No premium fragrance could smell that vile.
At some point, I had the opportunity to sniff an original bottle. And I was immediately addicted to the fragrance. I immediately noticed a similarity to Angelique Noire, which I have owned for some time. The beautiful Guerlain vanilla has a clear recognition value. It is not as green in SDV, but a bit sweeter and more alcoholic. The "sweetness" is, however, restrained and nicely rounded with fine incense and spice composed. The fragrance warms and caresses me so really cozy. The longevity is middling, but fine for me. The scent projects quite nicely, but not too much, so it's office appropriate. I will wear it in the fall and winter. Then he is perfect for me.
The bottle has a simple and classy rectangular design with a gold plaque embossed with the name. This is the same with the other fragrances in the series. The liquid has a brownish tint. The fragrance also has this in common with the others.
I am now quite happy to have proven here about perseverance. The fake bottlings have me fortunately not permanently deterred.
I would like to emphasize, however, that here in the souk in the vast majority of cases you meet honest partners who would not cheat anyone. It has also hardly ever happened to me otherwise. I have already met really great people here.
Vanilla shake with 60 vol.%
"A little more vanilla in your rum?"
"Nah, vanilla's too sweet for me, it makes you fat." ;-)

To me, this fragrance is like Mon Cheri at a child's birthday party:

On the one hand a NO GO, on the other hand a "LOL! What the heck? Open up a few more packs." ;-))

Quite clearly in the foreground is in the Spritvanille the RUM, which greets one directly with the first spray! He also stays a short while and tempts to inwardly sing "And a bottle of rum ..." ;-) Then, however, Guerlain's Grail, the VANILLE chimes in, and he just becomes one:

DELICIOUS!

At least that's how I feel when I wrap myself in the tipsy pod, I don't even notice the other ingredients like pepper, rose, incense, etc...
Do not have to be present also large ;-)

N neat Captain Morgan, stirred with ner vanilla bean, what more do you want?
Love or not?
Everyone has you, everyone raves about you, and everyone wants you.
Since I have heard only positive about you, it was clear that I must test you. So a sample was bought directly.
Full of anticipation I opened the envelope and sprayed.
When I smelled you the first time, my first thought was "bah! What is that?"
It smelled so blatantly like alcohol, it was starting to hurt my nose.
Something like that is supposed to be good?
After a few minutes, it was unfortunately not better..so I've already written you off and put aside.
After about an hour, I was asked by my husband, what smells so good here?
So I took another sniff of the arm and I was speechless. It was a dense, dark and coherent warm vanilla. The alcohol note was gone and the vanilla remained.
I wonder if you can move in with me .. I do not know yet
Diet suggestion
Dear fellow fragrance lovers and of course fellow fragrance lovers! Who knows this? In the evening when everything and everyone is tucked away you make yourself comfortable on the couch - ready to relax. And then after 11 to 67 minutes comes that hunger for something sweet. Or salty. Or both at the same time. Since I sprayed SDV from a bottling on my wrist one night, this appetite is as unchecked as ever on the mat but is perfectly content to hang on my wrist. I inhale and feel beautiful. Satisfied. Sated with a freshness that has sweetness in it that doesn't stick but lives. We don't get up together because then you are gone my beloved scent. But we stay together until I fall asleep. So you make sure that no evening calorie has a chance with me. I like you..
I'm in love...
What a great scent!
I don't like floral scents. Generally rather fruity fresh. But in winter I always have the desire for a warm scent. The problem: most of them kill me (and probably my environment). Through dear Leni I became aware of this scent. Since I live in Munich I could test it and the others from the series in one. The SDV is for me by far the most beautiful warm, spicy, vanilla scent I know. I could bathe in it...
It is not intrusive and in no way artificial. One feels comfortably embraced

RisingChaosRisingChaos 8 months ago
Soft boozy vanilla with a smidge of pop. Vanilla rum-flavored Reflection Man. Drydown is sweeter and slightly powdery. Terrible performance.
MariaSMariaS 9 months ago
The most beautiful vanilla I ever smelled! Creamy sweet slightly boozy, like a vanilla chocolate that melts in your mouth!
TRehfTRehf 1 year ago
Smells like high quality vanilla ice cream with expensive rum on top. I want to take a bite, delicious! Good longevity. Worth the price.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Maybe the best vanilla I know, slightly boozy, slightly smoky and never too sweet. The floral touch gives it elegance. The sillage is weak.
SergioTSergioT 2 years ago
My favorite vanilla. Boozy, creamy and smoky. Stellar creation.
K84K84 3 years ago
The scent is spectacular but to airy and light. Wish it last and projects more
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
Slightly boozy vanilla and abundant resinous benzoin combining to create a delicious gourmand scent. Liquid gold for vanilla lovers.
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Lush vanilla, versatile and fine. Light caramelly with a teanote, but with background freshness, subtly smoky, woody, fruity and ambery.

Goldene Spiritueuse und ich sagen DOUBLE DANKE!
by BBMie
Big vanilla
by Itchynose
Die Fontaine in der Rue St Honoré für die farbigen Flakons
by Baptiste
Ist sie nicht anschmiegsam, die schöne Vanille?
by Gandix
by Violeta
by Freeestyler
by Freeestyler

Popular by Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Vanilla Planifolia by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Derby (1985) (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain