Spiritueuse Double Vanille 2007

Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
Top 11 in Unisex Perfume
Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is gourmand-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Angélique Noire

Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla
BenzoinBenzoin
RumRum

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 12.10.2021.

Loo
My ray of hope on grey winter days
I had already heard so many positive things about these fragrances and had not found a store in my area that carries these scents....until a few weeks ago...all I can say is they are so incredibly good...I bought 4 bottles right away because they are so different and wonderful that I just could not decide.

This fragrance starts with the rum and vanilla and evolves into a work of art. I can't get enough of this fragrance. A perfect scent for cold, grey winter days and totally unisex. I kept reading about the comparison to Tom Ford Tobacco Vanilla...since I also have this one I can only say that I disagree with that opinion. This scent is soft, like rum and very private. TF's scent, on the other hand, has tobacco in the forefront for the first few hours. The sillage is above average and loud. Still, I'm glad to have both of these enchanting, very different winter scents in my small collection.
Pure beauty
I love vanilla scents, I could die for beautiful vanilla. Over the years, of course, I have found that there is THE ultimate (vanilla) fragrance, the life fragrance, so to speak, does not exist, I have not found him ... but some, which, in their own way, come very close to the ideal, and I love hot and hearty.

Among these is definitely Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain. SDV is not a fashion or hyped fragrance (it is probably too expensive for that), I certainly do not know anyone who smells like it. No, it is timeless, elegant, sophisticated. Always wearable, whether in a suit or in jeans and sneakers. And, except in the heat, quite also on summer days.

The first thing I notice when spraying on, is a clear, very appetizing rum note. Really a pity that really remains only 10 seconds, then it makes way for a pleasant vanilla.
After about ten minutes, a delicate, really beautiful and very coherent floral note unfolds, in which I smell out especially ylang ylang with a hint of jasmine. The rose is rather hidden, which I am not angry about. With rosy and generally very floral fragrances I have so my difficulties, that is me often very quickly too much, too pungent, too garish,
The florality here, however, is quiet, restrained, gentle. The vanilla is always in the foreground. A noble, soft, not at all sweet, absolutely unkitschy vanilla, wonderfully balanced with a fine spice (incense, pepper, benzoin?), which remains for a long time, for hours, and becomes very slowly closer to the skin. With a little imagination I sniff thereby also still very tenderly a little rum aroma, but only directly on the skin.

The sillage is certainly not room-filling (it does not have to be; I generally feel rather uncomfortable when my perfume screams miles in front and behind me "there I am / was"), but at arm's length well and super pleasantly perceptible.

The durability I find very okay, which is certainly 6-7 hours. My bottle comes according to Checkfresh from last year, just as info, since some complain here yes about reformulations and lack of durability compared to older batches. Of course, I have no comparison to this. Quite personally, I like but anyway no firecracker, the felt no longer disappear, because I often change two or even three times a day the fragrance.

Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a fragrance that suits me, that complements me, that makes me feel good, that lifts my mood and that makes me happy. What more does one need?
Siri
My long way to this fragrance
To spoil right away: I am now since a few days proud owner of this fragrance. It was not easy to approach me this fragrance. And that came so:
Although not long fragrance-crazy, I became interested quite quickly in the exclusives of the Guerlain series "L'Art et la Matiere". To get an idea, I started ordering various bottlings of the fragrances. A bottling from SDV was also included. And I was disappointed: such a weak little water with very poor longevity... and then so expensive. That can't be it.
I let some time pass, but the fragrance would not let me go. I tried again with a bottling, and... was horrified. The scent literally smelled like cold ashes, downright disgusting. This time I was sure I had received not just a dilution, but a fake. No premium fragrance could smell that vile.
At some point, I had the opportunity to sniff an original bottle. And I was immediately addicted to the fragrance. I immediately noticed a similarity to Angelique Noire, which I have owned for some time. The beautiful Guerlain vanilla has a clear recognition value. It is not as green in SDV, but a bit sweeter and more alcoholic. The "sweetness" is, however, restrained and nicely rounded with fine incense and spice composed. The fragrance warms and caresses me so really cozy. The longevity is middling, but fine for me. The scent projects quite nicely, but not too much, so it's office appropriate. I will wear it in the fall and winter. Then he is perfect for me.
The bottle has a simple and classy rectangular design with a gold plaque embossed with the name. This is the same with the other fragrances in the series. The liquid has a brownish tint. The fragrance also has this in common with the others.
I am now quite happy to have proven here about perseverance. The fake bottlings have me fortunately not permanently deterred.
I would like to emphasize, however, that here in the souk in the vast majority of cases you meet honest partners who would not cheat anyone. It has also hardly ever happened to me otherwise. I have already met really great people here.
Vanilla shake with 60 vol.%
"A little more vanilla in your rum?"
"Nah, vanilla's too sweet for me, it makes you fat." ;-)

To me, this fragrance is like Mon Cheri at a child's birthday party:

On the one hand a NO GO, on the other hand a "LOL! What the heck? Open up a few more packs." ;-))

Quite clearly in the foreground is in the Spritvanille the RUM, which greets one directly with the first spray! He also stays a short while and tempts to inwardly sing "And a bottle of rum ..." ;-) Then, however, Guerlain's Grail, the VANILLE chimes in, and he just becomes one:

DELICIOUS!

At least that's how I feel when I wrap myself in the tipsy pod, I don't even notice the other ingredients like pepper, rose, incense, etc...
Do not have to be present also large ;-)

N neat Captain Morgan, stirred with ner vanilla bean, what more do you want?
Love or not?
Everyone has you, everyone raves about you, and everyone wants you.
Since I have heard only positive about you, it was clear that I must test you. So a sample was bought directly.
Full of anticipation I opened the envelope and sprayed.
When I smelled you the first time, my first thought was "bah! What is that?"
It smelled so blatantly like alcohol, it was starting to hurt my nose.
Something like that is supposed to be good?
After a few minutes, it was unfortunately not better..so I've already written you off and put aside.
After about an hour, I was asked by my husband, what smells so good here?
So I took another sniff of the arm and I was speechless. It was a dense, dark and coherent warm vanilla. The alcohol note was gone and the vanilla remained.
I wonder if you can move in with me .. I do not know yet
Diet suggestion
Dear fellow fragrance lovers and of course fellow fragrance lovers! Who knows this? In the evening when everything and everyone is tucked away you make yourself comfortable on the couch - ready to relax. And then after 11 to 67 minutes comes that hunger for something sweet. Or salty. Or both at the same time. Since I sprayed SDV from a bottling on my wrist one night, this appetite is as unchecked as ever on the mat but is perfectly content to hang on my wrist. I inhale and feel beautiful. Satisfied. Sated with a freshness that has sweetness in it that doesn't stick but lives. We don't get up together because then you are gone my beloved scent. But we stay together until I fall asleep. So you make sure that no evening calorie has a chance with me. I like you..
I'm in love...
What a great scent!
I don't like floral scents. Generally rather fruity fresh. But in winter I always have the desire for a warm scent. The problem: most of them kill me (and probably my environment). Through dear Leni I became aware of this scent. Since I live in Munich I could test it and the others from the series in one. The SDV is for me by far the most beautiful warm, spicy, vanilla scent I know. I could bathe in it...
It is not intrusive and in no way artificial. One feels comfortably embraced
Outrageously good!
Hello Spiritueuse Double Vanilla you little, cheeky rascal!

I discovered you for the first time a few years ago but unfortunately you never really interested me, although your face is beautiful! It took an eternity until we met again in 2019 and I decided: One day I have to test the Lümmel again. Well, a few days ago I opened my purse to miserly people, which was easier said than done, because a cutting torch was needed (miserly people) and I ordered SDV, Cuir Beluga and Tonka Imperiale for bottling. I like all three of them extraordinarily well and they give me a "want to have" feeling, but my wallet has a completely different opinion than I do and is hidden deep in a mine adit. On the eternally long search for my miserly purse, I always sniffed my hand like a drug sniffer dog to find out what great things were being processed there. Strangely enough, every day I smelled something different there... Sometimes incense, then rum, then mostly vanilla... I am and will always be a strange time man (as Angelo Merte once said)
My, my, what's the matter? Jo freili!

Directly after spraying on I sniff vanilla and incense or sometimes only vanilla and rum or sometimes almost only vanilla, where benzoin, bergamot, pepper, jasmine and ylang ylang these bullies hide, is not known until now! My thesis: They all have shares in the so-called "Stay-Away-Fund", i.e. Mr. Guerlain pays in money every month, so that they all stay away and don't show up, otherwise it might look like bulky waste? In the drydown, when the incense and rum evaporate and go to play with Keilo, the vanilla is the only one left behind and promises to stay by my or your side until the bitter end.

Durability is quite ok, Sillage not so but it doesn't matter, you don't have to bother your fellow men
By the way: here and at Cuir Beluga one or more beautiful vanilla has been processed, which differs clearly from the synthetic ones from cheap products. Besides, the vanilla seems to me to be a bit fresher (is it because of the bergamot of this rascal?) than at Cuir Beluga but towards the end it is, I think, the same vanilla
Portable as a man? Let's ask Ludwig... Ja freili!
Only the price is not ok for me but that's how I feel about Creed & co. too.

Yeah, you better hurry up!

Caramel vanilla hugs
Vanilla and benzoin –the dominating combo in SDV– are a match so perfect that it should be regarded in the same category as other classics such as mint and chocolate, lime and coconut, rum and raisin or cheese and onion. The stuff great memories and clogged arteries are made of.

Here the vanilla brings warmth and sweetness while the benzoin adds smoothness and depth, resulting in an accord not too far away from caramel or golden syrup bubbling up in a pan. It's a thick and pleasant treacle-like aroma, comforting and slightly boozy like the hug of a drunken relative on New Year's Eve and with just a hint of ylang-ylang or pink pepper every now and then to keep things interesting.

All in all Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a cozy cold weather fragrance well suited for intimate and special occasions, or for any time a gourmand craving may arise; a scent that would be just criminal for any sweet-toothed vanilla lover to miss.
Noitxxy
Feel-good moments
As an avowed vanilla fan, it was only a matter of time until SDV and I had to find a symbiosis that couldn't be better A fragrance that gives me a good feeling and always works in every situation in life.
I smell in the top note a gourmand vanilla that starts already quite opulent, which is super cushioned by the slightly alcoholic note that I like very much and gives the fragrance the special note and lasts for about 20 minutes, the strongest component after that I clearly smell out the rose, (which I can not stand otherwise) but in this case the fragrance really beautiful underlines and makes the scent a bit more perfumed and the gourmand character that remains all the time a little cushioned.
Sillage is acceptable and durability is really good even if it is rather close after the first 2 hours, but for a vanilla scent especially as a male carrier safe enough Whether it is worth the price of more than 200 Euros is something everyone has to decide for himself, for me as a die-hard vanilla fan it was worth every Euro and balm for the soul.

RisingChaosRisingChaos 8 days ago
Soft boozy vanilla with a smidge of pop. Vanilla rum-flavored Reflection Man. Drydown is sweeter and slightly powdery. Terrible performance.
MariaSMariaS 2 months ago
The most beautiful vanilla I ever smelled! Creamy sweet slightly boozy, like a vanilla chocolate that melts in your mouth!
TRehfTRehf 6 months ago
Smells like high quality vanilla ice cream with expensive rum on top. I want to take a bite, delicious! Good longevity. Worth the price.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 months ago
Maybe the best vanilla I know, slightly boozy, slightly smoky and never too sweet. The floral touch gives it elegance. The sillage is weak.
SergioTSergioT 2 years ago
My favorite vanilla. Boozy, creamy and smoky. Stellar creation.
K84K84 2 years ago
The scent is spectacular but to airy and light. Wish it last and projects more
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
Slightly boozy vanilla and abundant resinous benzoin combining to create a delicious gourmand scent. Liquid gold for vanilla lovers.
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Lush vanilla, versatile and fine. Light caramelly with a teanote, but with background freshness, subtly smoky, woody, fruity and ambery.

Goldene Spiritueuse und ich sagen DOUBLE DANKE!
by BBMie
Big vanilla
by Itchynose
Die Fontaine in der Rue St Honoré für die farbigen Flakons
by Baptiste
Ist sie nicht anschmiegsam, die schöne Vanille?
by Gandix
by Nadiiine
by Freeestyler
by Freeestyler

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Vanilla Planifolia by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain