Spiritueuse Double Vanille 2007

Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
Top 11 in Unisex Perfume
Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is gourmand-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Angélique Noire

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pink pepper, Frankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Jasmine, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Benzoin, Rum

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.06.2021.

Siri
My long way to this fragrance
To spoil right away: I am now since a few days proud owner of this fragrance. It was not easy to approach me this fragrance. And that came so:
Although not long fragrance-crazy, I became interested quite quickly in the exclusives of the Guerlain series "L'Art et la Matiere". To get an idea, I started ordering various bottlings of the fragrances. A bottling from SDV was also included. And I was disappointed: such a weak little water with very poor longevity... and then so expensive. That can't be it.
I let some time pass, but the fragrance would not let me go. I tried again with a bottling, and... was horrified. The scent literally smelled like cold ashes, downright disgusting. This time I was sure I had received not just a dilution, but a fake. No premium fragrance could smell that vile.
At some point, I had the opportunity to sniff an original bottle. And I was immediately addicted to the fragrance. I immediately noticed a similarity to Angelique Noire, which I have owned for some time. The beautiful Guerlain vanilla has a clear recognition value. It is not as green in SDV, but a bit sweeter and more alcoholic. The "sweetness" is, however, restrained and nicely rounded with fine incense and spice composed. The fragrance warms and caresses me so really cozy. The longevity is middling, but fine for me. The scent projects quite nicely, but not too much, so it's office appropriate. I will wear it in the fall and winter. Then he is perfect for me.
The bottle has a simple and classy rectangular design with a gold plaque embossed with the name. This is the same with the other fragrances in the series. The liquid has a brownish tint. The fragrance also has this in common with the others.
I am now quite happy to have proven here about perseverance. The fake bottlings have me fortunately not permanently deterred.
I would like to emphasize, however, that here in the souk in the vast majority of cases you meet honest partners who would not cheat anyone. It has also hardly ever happened to me otherwise. I have already met really great people here.
Vanilla shake with 60 vol.%
"A little more vanilla in your rum?"
"Nah, vanilla's too sweet for me, it makes you fat." ;-)

To me, this fragrance is like Mon Cheri at a child's birthday party:

On the one hand a NO GO, on the other hand a "LOL! What the heck? Open up a few more packs." ;-))

Quite clearly in the foreground is in the Spritvanille the RUM, which greets one directly with the first spray! He also stays a short while and tempts to inwardly sing "And a bottle of rum ..." ;-) Then, however, Guerlain's Grail, the VANILLE chimes in, and he just becomes one:

DELICIOUS!

At least that's how I feel when I wrap myself in the tipsy pod, I don't even notice the other ingredients like pepper, rose, incense, etc...
Do not have to be present also large ;-)

N neat Captain Morgan, stirred with ner vanilla bean, what more do you want?
Love or not?
Everyone has you, everyone raves about you, and everyone wants you.
Since I have heard only positive about you, it was clear that I must test you. So a sample was bought directly.
Full of anticipation I opened the envelope and sprayed.
When I smelled you the first time, my first thought was "bah! What is that?"
It smelled so blatantly like alcohol, it was starting to hurt my nose.
Something like that is supposed to be good?
After a few minutes, it was unfortunately not better..so I've already written you off and put aside.
After about an hour, I was asked by my husband, what smells so good here?
So I took another sniff of the arm and I was speechless. It was a dense, dark and coherent warm vanilla. The alcohol note was gone and the vanilla remained.
I wonder if you can move in with me .. I do not know yet
Diet suggestion
Dear fellow fragrance lovers and of course fellow fragrance lovers! Who knows this? In the evening when everything and everyone is tucked away you make yourself comfortable on the couch - ready to relax. And then after 11 to 67 minutes comes that hunger for something sweet. Or salty. Or both at the same time. Since I sprayed SDV from a bottling on my wrist one night, this appetite is as unchecked as ever on the mat but is perfectly content to hang on my wrist. I inhale and feel beautiful. Satisfied. Sated with a freshness that has sweetness in it that doesn't stick but lives. We don't get up together because then you are gone my beloved scent. But we stay together until I fall asleep. So you make sure that no evening calorie has a chance with me. I like you..
I'm in love...
What a great scent!
I don't like floral scents. Generally rather fruity fresh. But in winter I always have the desire for a warm scent. The problem: most of them kill me (and probably my environment). Through dear Leni I became aware of this scent. Since I live in Munich I could test it and the others from the series in one. The SDV is for me by far the most beautiful warm, spicy, vanilla scent I know. I could bathe in it...
It is not intrusive and in no way artificial. One feels comfortably embraced
Outrageously good!
Hello Spiritueuse Double Vanilla you little, cheeky rascal!

I discovered you for the first time a few years ago but unfortunately you never really interested me, although your face is beautiful! It took an eternity until we met again in 2019 and I decided: One day I have to test the Lümmel again. Well, a few days ago I opened my purse to miserly people, which was easier said than done, because a cutting torch was needed (miserly people) and I ordered SDV, Cuir Beluga and Tonka Imperiale for bottling. I like all three of them extraordinarily well and they give me a "want to have" feeling, but my wallet has a completely different opinion than I do and is hidden deep in a mine adit. On the eternally long search for my miserly purse, I always sniffed my hand like a drug sniffer dog to find out what great things were being processed there. Strangely enough, every day I smelled something different there... Sometimes incense, then rum, then mostly vanilla... I am and will always be a strange time man (as Angelo Merte once said)
My, my, what's the matter? Jo freili!

Directly after spraying on I sniff vanilla and incense or sometimes only vanilla and rum or sometimes almost only vanilla, where benzoin, bergamot, pepper, jasmine and ylang ylang these bullies hide, is not known until now! My thesis: They all have shares in the so-called "Stay-Away-Fund", i.e. Mr. Guerlain pays in money every month, so that they all stay away and don't show up, otherwise it might look like bulky waste? In the drydown, when the incense and rum evaporate and go to play with Keilo, the vanilla is the only one left behind and promises to stay by my or your side until the bitter end.

Durability is quite ok, Sillage not so but it doesn't matter, you don't have to bother your fellow men
By the way: here and at Cuir Beluga one or more beautiful vanilla has been processed, which differs clearly from the synthetic ones from cheap products. Besides, the vanilla seems to me to be a bit fresher (is it because of the bergamot of this rascal?) than at Cuir Beluga but towards the end it is, I think, the same vanilla
Portable as a man? Let's ask Ludwig... Ja freili!
Only the price is not ok for me but that's how I feel about Creed & co. too.

Yeah, you better hurry up!

Caramel vanilla hugs
Vanilla and benzoin –the dominating combo in SDV– are a match so perfect that it should be regarded in the same category as other classics such as mint and chocolate, lime and coconut, rum and raisin or cheese and onion. The stuff great memories and clogged arteries are made of.

Here the vanilla brings warmth and sweetness while the benzoin adds smoothness and depth, resulting in an accord not too far away from caramel or golden syrup bubbling up in a pan. It's a thick and pleasant treacle-like aroma, comforting and slightly boozy like the hug of a drunken relative on New Year's Eve and with just a hint of ylang-ylang or pink pepper every now and then to keep things interesting.

All in all Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a cozy cold weather fragrance well suited for intimate and special occasions, or for any time a gourmand craving may arise; a scent that would be just criminal for any sweet-toothed vanilla lover to miss.
Noitxxy
Feel-good moments
As an avowed vanilla fan, it was only a matter of time until SDV and I had to find a symbiosis that couldn't be better A fragrance that gives me a good feeling and always works in every situation in life.
I smell in the top note a gourmand vanilla that starts already quite opulent, which is super cushioned by the slightly alcoholic note that I like very much and gives the fragrance the special note and lasts for about 20 minutes, the strongest component after that I clearly smell out the rose, (which I can not stand otherwise) but in this case the fragrance really beautiful underlines and makes the scent a bit more perfumed and the gourmand character that remains all the time a little cushioned.
Sillage is acceptable and durability is really good even if it is rather close after the first 2 hours, but for a vanilla scent especially as a male carrier safe enough Whether it is worth the price of more than 200 Euros is something everyone has to decide for himself, for me as a die-hard vanilla fan it was worth every Euro and balm for the soul.
DarkWinterCS
Double vanilla where'd you go?
During my personal perfume-journey, I already had this situation several times, one asks and/or informs oneself about a certain scent and then one goes from the hundredth to the thousandth. Instead of having information about a scent, all of a sudden there are five scents on the test list that you might like and absolutely have to get under your nose. Under one of my last comments or statements I was recommended this Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanilla.
So what do you do if you're a dedicated perfume user? Of course you have to look up the page and see which jewel is behind the name. I saw the name already a few months ago, but I didn't have the intention to become active here. From the notes and comments, the whole thing sounded quite promising and pleasant. For a gourmet nose like me, I knew that sometime here would come the point to organize it as a rehearsal. Now it was time and the scent landed in the mailbox as a bottling. As I currently had quite a lot of fillings ready to be tested, it had to wait for one or the other day.
In contrast to many other fragrances, I was very neutral with this one, had no expectations and wanted to dare to approach the fragrance objectively. In retrospect, this was not a bad idea, so the fragrance could not disappoint me
So what is my problem with the scent now? Not with the composition itself. More with what happened on my skin and what he gave me. In the end, unfortunately, not so much or nothing at all. On my skin the scent apparently has the problem to unfold, which I find quite a pity. The perfume simply does not exist or my skin absorbs everything so that hardly/no notes remain audible. Maybe it's also my nose, in any case I can't perceive this fragrance to 80-90%. A development is also not existing. What a pity
The smell itself would have deserved it, because what I could sniff was not bad. I would have loved to observe more notes, enjoy the composition and follow the development. This, however, should be denied to me. There were fine, unsweet vanilla notes to be guessed, which seemed to be of high quality. This was accompanied by a lot of pepper, which already pushed the vanilla into the background. A little more sweetness probably wouldn't have hurt to let the pepper note appear a little more balanced.

Now what can I say about durability and sillage? The scent is very close to my skin directly after spraying on and can only be heard at the point of application. In the first five minutes a touch of Sillage flashed up briefly, but that's all it was. After 15 minutes I already asked myself if I had applied a fragrance at all. Even on the inner sides of my arms the perfume disappeared after this time and is no longer present for my nose.

With this scent I find what I have achieved extremely sad, as the whole thing had already appealed to me. Maybe I'll have luck with the next vanilla scent.

Taurus1967
The vanilla reference scent - double holds better
In the past winter as well as in the course of the last few years I have been able to smell several vanilla scents. Among them some really excellent masterpieces such as Cuir Beluga by Guerlain, Seta by Moresque, Vanilla by Franck Boclet or Vanilla Patchouli by Molinard.

So far so good. Due to the variety of vanilla scents, unfortunately I can't get to know and test them all. But the best candidate for the candidate for the uncrowned vanilla king for my taste so far might be Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain.

The reasons are as complex as the eau de parfum itself. On the one hand, you get a high-quality vanilla as it is in the olfactory picture book. Absolutely natural, not too sweet and still intense enough.
A little spice and incense around it, so that you find a slightly woody and smoky support, which makes the fragrance a little more masculine and distinctive.

Add some benzoin, which has a balsamic effect, but spiritueuse double vanilla still appears gourmand. The same can be said of rum, which is used very discreetly, but is perceptible. Finding the right adjustment here will probably have been one of the biggest challenges.

After all, and this is another reason, no one less than Jean-Paul Guerlain "the nose" the last heir of the dynasty personally lent his hand to this creation. The perfumer of classic milestones from Arsène Lupin, Chamade, Coriolan, Derby, Eau de Guerlain, Habit Rouge, Héritage, Nahema as well as Samsara has shown once again why he is one of the greats. And with Guerlain, you can assume that at least under his direction, you don't just stir something together, but that you carry out every step with a lot of thoughtfulness, professionalism and quality.

Even though the other perfumes in the "L'Art et la Matière" collection are all almost perfect scents and have their justification, Spiritueuse Double Vanilla is the only one with the signature of a guerlain.

The Amerena cherry on top of the vanilla icing on the cake is still the right choice in terms of projection, durability and bottle design. I would venture the thesis: you can't make a vanilla fragrance any better than this.

TRehfTRehf 2 months ago
Smells like high quality vanilla ice cream with expensive rum on top. I want to take a bite, delicious! Good longevity. Worth the price.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 5 months ago
Maybe the best vanilla I know, slightly boozy, slightly smoky and never too sweet. The floral touch gives it elegance. The sillage is weak.
SergioTSergioT 1 year ago
My favorite vanilla. Boozy, creamy and smoky. Stellar creation.
K84K84 2 years ago
The scent is spectacular but to airy and light. Wish it last and projects more
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Slightly boozy vanilla and abundant resinous benzoin combining to create a delicious gourmand scent. Liquid gold for vanilla lovers.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Lush vanilla, versatile and fine. Light caramelly with a teanote, but with background freshness, subtly smoky, woody, fruity and ambery.

Goldene Spiritueuse und ich sagen DOUBLE DANKE!
by BBMie
Big vanilla
by Itchynose
Die Fontaine in der Rue St Honoré für die farbigen Flakons
by Baptiste
Ist sie nicht anschmiegsam, die schöne Vanille?
by Gandix
by Nadiiine
by Freeestyler
by Freeestyler

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain