Vol de Nuit (1933)Extrait

Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain

Top 7 in Women's Perfume
Vol de Nuit (Extrait) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 1933. The scent is spicy-green. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Submitted by Nibelung, last update on 11.05.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Vol de Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain, which differs in concentration.

Chanelle
The companion on the flight into the winter night
For those who believe that a perfume (extract) "only" represents a higher concentration of fragrances mixed in the same proportion than, for example, an eau de toilette of the same name, it should be emphasized: By no means!
Vol de Nuit is a classic example.
How often did I read / hear: Vol de Nuit:...classics...beauty...perfection...Guerlain masterpiece...pipapo - but only as an extra! VdN EdT: nice, but no comparison.
Well, finally I get a say.
I don't want to try to compare the EdT with the non-vintage (current batch) Extrait I have in front of me, but I want to describe what I feel when I am in the iconic propeller flacon of this top class I feel - solemnity, peace, devotion Can you feel this even if you are not sitting in the upcoming Christmas mass?
I know I can. This fragrance, which will soon be 90 years old, not only looks absolutely ageless, I also notice a trend-setting relationship to world-class fragrances that were created much later and are also known as trendsetters. Dioressence, femme, some '80s scents. The guerlinadige, fresh metallic top note is here less citric, not biting at all, already green-spicy than expected. In the course of the next 15-20 minutes the magic starts to work:
A soft, cool oakmoss blanket opens up in front of me, embraces me, and takes me into a forest of spices and velvety musk. The aldehydes act as a clean powdery background, not soapy, not prickly, just clean.
Vol de Nuit is already a great name for it (especially as the flacon fits perfectly), but also Baiser de Russie would have been great, because despite all the spices, the fragrance has something cool, smooth and supple. For the current time (5 minutes before Christmas madness) it fits like no other. Not only the green-Russian impulses that I interpret into it, but also the well-behaved, chypre noblesse, the noble unobtrusiveness despite remarkable presence and durability. It has nothing to do with sweet or flowery, but is simply a quiet, noble, wonderfully reliable companion into the winter night.

Paper Aeroplane
I wanted to write you a letter, but it didn't happen because I spilled the ink when I wanted to write your name. Now I have folded a paper airplane from the side and stand lonely and alone at the open window of my room and look into the cool night. I'll let him fly in a minute. And maybe he'll find his way to you. He's loaded with thoughts and old memories. To you, to me and to our lost time!

Perhaps it flies in the dark through the garden where the oranges bloom and exude their citric-bitter and soothing scent. The one who seems enchanted by the moonlight. Maybe it flies so high that it doesn't get stuck in the resinous twigs and branches of the mind, Galbanum will lose its milky-sticky juices immediately
Maybe he flies higher and higher, as if there were airy light winds of aldehydes under his paper wings that carry him so high that the lights of the city under him look like white and sparkling daffodils in the glow of the stars. Carried by spicy-warm winds. And the vanilla-soft and powdery clouds as close to the full moon as two hearts in the tack of the same sound.

Up there he glides quietly in the night sky in endless silence. In endless harmony and love. You'll see his silhouette up there. He'll wait up there. He will wait for his time to come and for him to fly to his destination. And the destination and the landing place will be you. Only you! From far above he will recognize you and find you. And he will begin his slow descent. Over darkly mossy forests and powdery grey valleys. It'll be a slide into the softest darkness. A constant gliding in the interplay of feelings. A landing approach like on a creamy soft and mossy runway made of musk and sandal into your inner self. Or to ourselves?

I wanted to write you a letter, but it didn't happen because I spilled the ink when I wanted to write your name. Now I have folded a paper airplane from the side and stand at the open window in my room. Still lonely and alone! But before I let him fly into the night, I have him still "painted" with something that was also made of love. With a perfume. This paper airplane and the smell will perhaps be able to tell you what I could not always and what I was not able to do in words and deeds. So open the window and your heart for him and put a candle on your windowsill so he can find you from up there in the dark night. Wherever you may be now? It's a journey from me to you. It's a flight of emotional turbulence. A flight of upwinds and downs. And a constant glide through silence, love, sadness and longing!

Si près du ciel!...So close to heaven!
Vol de Nuit is not just a perfume. It's a lot more than that. It's the aerodynamics of dreams. It contains the strongest turbulences of emotions and deepest longings. And it will probably last forever and make the soul fly, like love, passion and hope!
<font color="#ffff00">-=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=- proudly presents

by IrisNobile
Immerhin die leere Buddel kann ich mir leisten. Irgendwann kommt der passende Inhalt dazu ;)
by Fabistinkt
by Rivegauche
Maison Guerlain auf den Champs-Élysées.
Eher würde ich das Parfum hergeben als den Hut
by Chanelle
by Blaustern
by Blaustern

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Derby (1985) (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain