Cuir Béluga 2005

Cuir Béluga by Guerlain
Top 13 in Unisex Perfume
8.7 / 10 1167 Ratings
Cuir Béluga is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is sweet-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Goes well with Après L'Ondée (Eau de Toilette)
Top Notes Top Notes AldehydesAldehydes Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart Notes PatchouliPatchouli Everlasting flowerEverlasting flower
Base Notes Base Notes AmberAmber HeliotropeHeliotrope VanillaVanilla SuedeSuede
Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 03.12.2022.
Cuir Beluga is part of the collection "L'Art et la Matière".

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions
American Gigolo

When I smell Cuir Beluga I think of this movie! American Gigolo! Of Lauren Hutton, she wore this fragrance for sure or Richard Gere or both! The whole movie smells like Cuir Beluga, no vice versa!
Lauren Hutton is the Cuir Beluga woman for me. Blonde and with a cool sex appeal! Understated, classy, a little shy with subtle gold jewelry dressed in a beige cashmere sweater and the jacket worn over her shoulder like a cape! American upper class, college educated girl from a good home looking for a good match!
Beige, beige, kahaki, light brown, dark brown is the association to this fragrance anyway. Brown, beige , orange etc the colours of the eighties. Clock radios and funky wardrobes! Today you would call it NUDE.
Everyone ran around with beige clothes and too tight pants!

Blondie singing Hearth of Glass to it on endless loop!
The playlist is completed by ABBA with Gimme Gimme
Now for the fragrance:

Cuir Beluga begins with me with tangerine and a note not clearly identifiable for me, probably the aldehyde. In addition vanilla. The fragrance is very close to the skin, but projects yet quite well. I kind of like that about it, and that's what all the scents from this series that I've gotten under my nose so far have in common. They are soft and round and cuddly and cuddly somehow.
I have since Perfumo really developed a soft spot for vanilla, but only this good high-quality fine vanilla as you can only find in high-quality fragrances, and especially in the Guirlains which are known for the fine vanilla. You can smell it. My nose has something stuck there! Indeed!

Nevertheless, Cuir Beluga is not a fragrance for me, it's just too retro for me. It's good, no question about it, and that eroticism and sensuality reaches me too, otherwise I'd have a different association with it! American Gigolo...

After some time, the tangerine then disappears with me and the vanilla really comes through. From here on, the fragrance is really nice. Still something dry dusty summery comes to it, that could be the strawflower. (...Richard drives with the convertible over the highway, right and left is the sandy dry landscape)

Suede I do not perceive or only very subliminally. Amber makes the whole round!
What makes the fragrance as I said very attractive is this very intimate projection of the fragrance. This probably brings him this reputation of an erotic fragrance. But Angelique can also do that!

Durability with me good, the sillage is as mentioned clear, but just that is nice! Beast Mode needst not at all for a good fragrance!

For me, however, not a must have. Nice yes, nostalgic yes. The bottle I do not need.
Ahhh, a few words about the bottle:

I find yes the flacon of the series "L'Art et la Matière" great! Something so beautiful. Therefore, I would have found it great would have suited me the fragrance, so that next to Angelique vllt still a second fragrance of the series would have moved in.

In general, I have about this collection more with Guirlain and also vanilla fragrances, and must say that I have become a fan. Guirlain is one of the greatest perfume houses on the planet!

Too bad Cuir Beluga!
https://youtu.be/i4DI71X6PeM To the trailer of American Gigolo!
Loo
Never another winter without him!
I had already heard so many positive things about these fragrances and had not found a store in my area that carries these scents....until a few weeks ago...all I can say is they are so incredibly good...I bought 4 bottles right away because they are so different and wonderful that I just could not decide.

Cuir Beluga is so warm, it feels like a thick fluffy blanket on a cold winter day. That suede vanilla paired with mandarin, pachouli and amber...an absolute feel-good scent for cold days. I sometimes spray it on at bedtime too. The beauty is that the fragrance has no progression and fully develops its charm from the beginning. The sillage is subtle. This range is definitely worth its price...just having the bottle in my closet puts a smile on my face. I never want to be without it again!
Top Review 52
"Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend..."
Silently he sat there, in his small apartment, which was now a single apartment again. There was nothing there to remind him that until three weeks ago, two people madly in love had made plans for their future together. Nothing except...
He had his cold hands buried in her beautiful suede jacket on his lap again. Ever since their breakup, he'd been dragging it around with him constantly.
He remembered all the times she had worn it, on so many occasions she had it on. On their first date, when they'd gone for a walk in the woods. On quite a few visits to amusement parks, when they'd screeched with laughter and ridden all the cheesy attractions, but he'd never been able to get anything out of them. He made her feel it, too. How terribly mean he was to her sometimes! And she just forgave him, even cut him some slack!
His fingers played with the golden zipper, he undid it and closed it again, thinking of how often she had opened it with her delicate hands, sometimes lasciviously, because they both knew what was about to follow. Sometimes with a jerk because she was pissed and wanted to get to bed quickly. But mostly he opened it for her, simply because he liked that soft, light suede so incredibly on her, and liked touching it very much.
It fit her like a glove, hugging her slender figure, accentuating her fair complexion, and when her blonde hair was down, it almost melted into the fine leather.
He lifted the jacket to his nose and inhaled quite deeply the scent so intangibly familiar to him. The cloth interior smelled a tiny bit synthetic, but this was masked by a wonderful sweetness.
She wore almost exclusively vanilla perfumes, and because the jacket had to be washed at the dry cleaners, which was very expensive and therefore only done twice in all the years of their relationship, the most diverse vanilla notes now mixed with this fine soft leather. As if intoxicated, he inhaled this beautiful smell that he would recognize anywhere in the world.

Lost in thought, he plucked a few small straws from the inside pocket where his hands had wandered. Horses, yes, that was her great passion. Even in the stable she wore her beloved buckskin jacket. But, what was it? A small, withered, pale purple flower fell into his hands. He lifted it closer to his eyes and carefully turned it back and forth in his fingers. After all these years, she had still had it in her jacket pocket and never lost it? The flower he'd brought her on their first date, he kept forgetting its name, but of course she knew it. "Heliotrope!" he heard her flute, "Heliotrope, you can make yourself a mnemonic with 'purple' and you won't forget it!" He had forgotten him, over and over again. Because he didn't care enough about such things, just as he ended up not caring enough about her.

An ache drove through his heart, razor sharp and hot, as it had so many times on the past few days. What a fool he was, what a giant idiot! The longing for her shook him, gave him sleepless nights, and made him cry every night like a kicked animal.

The scent of the jacket would soon diminish, he knew. Forever he would not be able to preserve it, and that made the physical and mental pain 1000 times worse. He knew she didn't want the jacket back. And he also knew that he deserved this agony he would suffer the day the scent was gone for good. But it still clung so well to the soft leather that it almost seemed like she was in the room with him. The whole apartment smelled of it, ravishing and tormenting him at the same time. He deserved this emotional chaos, yes. She was gone, for good, he'd pushed her away, and now she wasn't responding to his messages. With tears in his eyes and his jacket in his arms, he curled up on the couch. Never again would he find such a great woman, he knew that. But that realization came too late.

"... you have been the one, you have been the one for me.
I'm so hollow baby
I'm so hollow
I'm so, I'm so
I'm so hollow"

Music Lyrics: "Goodbye my lover" by James Blunt

--- Editor's note: Cuir Beluga is not a sad fragrance, but fine, soft and noble. This fragrance description flowed just so from my pen, or my phone, and absolutely wanted to be written
Top Review 18
Searching and finding
I've been looking for it for a long time. The one, my fragrance. Which accompanies me and may always be at my side. On the way I have encountered many fragrances, some were allowed to stay longer, the others were rather a short liaison. And honestly, I had already given up looking for him. Through an incredibly dear perfumer I was allowed to test Cuir Beluga, and immediately it was clear: this is it! This is my signature scent. He may accompany me from now on.
For many he may simply be a vanilla fragrance, for me he is so much more. An explosion of vanilla, strawflower, tangerine and suede. So soft, so spicy and so damn incredibly sexy yet so understated.
The purest fragrance seduction, without pushing itself into the limelight with flashy components.
I will treasure and cherish every drop of this magical elixir.
Thank you for this fragrance!
Very helpful Review 22
my personal top favorite
somewhere I read it Cuir Beluga is sex for the nose. That hits it, absolutely!
Not intrusive, but sexy to the power of three! So is this fragrance!
A masterpiece, a unisex fragrance of the best class, a revelation for all vanilla lovers. For me, this was love at first spray.
The fragrance is just brilliantly good. He is sweet but not a club. He is quite heavy, but does not burden. On the contrary. Warmth and security he conveys.
I had received a large delivery of fragrance samples and bottlings and had all only briefly sniffed. 15 min later I smelled it. This incredible fragrance, WHAT was that?
So again all tubes sniffed and there I had it "Cuir Beluga" - a dream! I melt away and never want to be without him again.
The fragrance has what it takes to become my signature. He is the burner par excellence.
ALL friends and acquaintances hang like children on my skirt and want to sniff

11 short views on the fragrance
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
The most wonderful suede, alluring flower and vanilla sweetness, the smoothest amber, and a terrible price. I only have a decant so far :-(
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
In the opening, the freshness of aldehydes and mandarin followed by a sweet, dry immortelle with amber. Heliotrope and vanilla in the base.
CumulnimbusCumulnimbus 11 months ago
It is not just difficult not to love this blend of suede and powdery citrusy boozy vanilla, it is impossible not to adore it. I'm chained.
MariaSMariaS 1 year ago
Sensual creamy watery vanilla! Such a beautiful fragrance!! Wish it was cheaper!
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
Smooth vanilla and velvety suede. Sweet and elegant like expensive edible lipstick.
More statements

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

45 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Guerlain

Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Vanilla Planifolia by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Tonka by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain