Iris Torréfié 2020

Iris Torréfié by Guerlain
Iris Torréfié is a new perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is powdery-spicy. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Delphine Jelk

Top Notes Top NotesCoffee, Bergamot, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris pallida concrete, Ambrette
Base Notes Base NotesOpoponax, Vanilla, Sandalwood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 20.01.2021.

For the special occasion
In front of me I see a woman in a slim evening dress in violet blue with spaghetti straps and matching silver-colored assecoirs and.... "Iris Torréfié."

You get what I'm saying, don't you, iris Torréfié is for the fine occasion. When spraying on the "Pale Iris Concrete" dusts a while before itself until IT then develops into a delicate floral-powdery and creamy fragrance with me. A fragrance for every occasion, where woman wants to be neither unscented nor set a fragrance statement.

I can't really smell out the coffee or the opoponax or anything else. On my skin, it makes a nice melange.

With all restraint Iris Torréfié holds itself with approx. 8 hours really well with me
Beauty of nature
This morning I took out my bottling of Iris Torréfié and now I had to test it after all, which has not yet convinced me in the perfumery.

I had nothing to do today anyway, except study, so I was able to keep a pretty good eye on the fragrance development.
I didn't like the beginning - as I did at the first test - very much. Too fresh, too much bergamot, too little flower. I thought to myself that I would never spend so much money on something like that.
But after about half an hour to an hour he sat down so that I was absolutely thrilled. The vanilla already came through a little and of course the iris was very strong. Thus it was naturally also somewhat powdery. But I am a huge fan of any iris scents and this powdery note. Nevertheless, the scent was already after 1.5 hours very close to the body and even before that, I did not notice any great sillage.

After 3 hours it smelled vanilla, wooden, milky and like sofa covers. I suddenly saw myself looking out the window with a cocoa on the coffee table and a fantasy book in my hand. Outside it could be 30 degrees and we were in Bali, but it could also be -5 degrees in the Alps.

It is not a heavy scent, it is rather a clean, clear scent (above I said milky, good that I do not contradict myself). It smells like a person who is in control of their life and enjoys the little things, who has an eye for what is hidden from most people because it is not obvious, which may be due to the fact that the fragrance remains so close to the body. You have to smell to perceive it, but when you do, you can smell this warmth for many hours after spraying it on.

If you want to stand out, you'd better look for another fragrance, because you might never get a single compliment for Iris Torréfié. But this is not because of the - not very big - sillage, nor the durability, nor a "bad" scent, but because it is so unobtrusive and naturally beautiful that people who smell the perfume on you will probably be envious that you simply smell so beautiful by nature.
And that's what makes it so elegant in my eyes.
The fragrance literally says: "I don't need to distract from my wearer (I find it rather feminine), she shines enough on her own. I emphasize her inner and outer beauty only in the right moments. And these moments only come when someone proves to be worthy of getting closer to my wearer.

If it wasn't so expensive, this would be a fragrance I would definitely buy to have something at hand that I can wear to any situation to feel good.
VelvetOrchid
The iris in here reminds me of Dior Pour Homme Perfume or the Dior Homme Intense, but it doesn't stay present and consistent for that long. In dry-down light, soft leather and coffee. Not a strong silage, but it stays on my skin for hours
Gandix
Come closer, you smell so good.
A Guerlain love story

He finally arrived at his lake house.
It is late summer, the grain almost ripe.
He wanted to enjoy the last warm days here.
To switch off before going to bed he wanted to make himself a coffee,
the cardamom is already ready for seasoning.
It gently exudes its fragrance through the still closed package.

Suddenly he sees her standing on the shore of the lake,
naked,
her skin is silky shiny, like alabaster Her aura is unapproachable, almost brittle... The coffee beans fall to the ground,
for seconds he can hardly breathe, because of her beauty.
The moonlight shines in her light beige hair, like pale irises.
He means to smell her scent A delicate, creamy-milky veil seems to surround her,
the goddess of the moon.
He is magically attracted by this incredibly fragile appearance.
As he gets closer, he sees the stardust glittering in her hair He kisses her without touching her,
for fear of hurting her tenderness... Slowly they sink to the earth...
He feels like he's in a dream in which he's being pulled further and further into...
The next morning there's just a little stardust.....

"The coffee is ready", he hears a lovely voice......
He struggles to get out of his half-sleep and smiles...
It wasn't a dream...
His wife had taken a few days off to surprise him ;)

The smell:

No, he's not sooo gourmand...
milky-creamy maybe.
The iris somewhat dry (not as dry as elsewhere)
with a light grain note (of the beautiful variety)
and minimally carotid.
And this dryness lasts for 1.5 hours.
Even in the following hour it keeps flashing.
The counterpart is bergamot, which keeps the dryness in check with its delicate freshness.
The cardamom gives a gentle spice at the beginning,
but very discreet At this time there is a slight similarity to Violet Ida, or Sable Or da,
but as tender and gentle as a flap of a wing.
Later a very tender floral note mixes in,
(can only come from the iris),
creamy light, very pleasant.
I feel the supposed coffee note more like coffee beans in a perfumery, which you sniff to be able to perceive the scent better yourself.
Towards the base it is slightly ambered,
even softer and even warmer than it already is.
In the finish, stardust in the form of musk powder mixes in,
but also the pleasantly creamy.
Still, I think that's the only flaw in the fragrance, but not so much that I would deduct something from the 10 The fragrance is almost more aura shortly after spraying,
develops with the warmth of the skin to a fragrance.
Very delicate, filigree.
Yes, he is to me, like the goddess of the moon translucent, alabaster coloured, almost fragile.
It's a fragrance that never gets loud...
no, he says, "Come closer, you smell so good..."
My Guerlain's love story, still unfulfilled in the Philtre,
has found its perfection in the iris.

Café Crema de Luxe
Iris Torréfié, IT for short, threw me into great confusion. 3 x long term tested, 3 x emotional roller coaster. Therefore, I have had to take my time until today to get my thoughts about it in an orderly way Chronological sequence.
1. Meet at the Guerlain boutique in Brussels, 10 am.
Due to Corona restrictions a safe box: After I had paid for the ordered IT flacon contactlessly, among other things, and up to this point I had also deliberately been unscented, I accepted the suggestion to let the friendly salesman diesel me. He did this by holding the test bottle over the plexiglass partition of the counter and remotely dusting me from a distance of 1.5 m like a Guerlain-style fog shower.
Not much got through to me, a delicate veil of powdery iris with a hint of coffee and I thought all day long of vintage Dior Homme.
2. Next day: Extreme filling with planned heavy wetting, approx. 9.30 a.m.
As unfortunately so often, a lot went wrong during the bottling process. But since I take this into account, I was dressed accordingly and repeatedly dabbed "loss amounts" at strategically important points, so that I had applied a few milliliters to my skin after the work was done; probably more than I would have normally allowed myself. I found myself to have a very good scent, but was only able to fix a few of the indicated building blocks. Prada's iris infusion came to my mind, but also A*men for little girls.
3. Conscious test, with complete elimination of disturbing influences, concentrated and "alert".
The top note is Indian delicious. I like cardamom and even after heavy sessions I chew on it at my favourite Indian. At IT it is very pleasant for a few minutes, slightly sweet and then gets a visit from tender, fresh, Italian bergamot. Both fly together into ether, while IT shows its true face: Soft iris, a little vanilla, not too sweet. The coffee note becomes clearer, all together powdery soft. I know - everyone who thinks something of himself is now waiting for me to confirm the rebirth or even great parallels to the old insider-tip-wobbler Iris Ganache. But unfortunately this is not the case. Iris yes, Ganache no. Performance unfortunately also not in the same league. You could try ageing, but as we all know, the scent is still very young Nevertheless, it is wonderfully powdery and spicy, iris-laden, the coffee note is wonderfully natural and I have many DejaVu's of great scents in my head.
You'll like him, bet?

by TillDA
by TillDA

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain