L'Homme Idéal Extrême (2020)

L'Homme Idéal Extrême by Guerlain

L'Homme Idéal Extrême is a new perfume by Guerlain for men and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pink pepper, Almond
Heart Notes Heart NotesCinnamon, Plum, Heliotrope
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Cedar, Tobacco, Leather

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 24.05.2020.

Yatagan
All's well that ends well!
Uncommented fragrances No. 152

In all brevity I would like to at least record my first impressions of this fragrance, which I will look at more closely and test for its suitability for everyday use. While I considered almost all variants of L'Homme Idéal to be more or less average or even unsuccessful (except for the cologne I adored, but which I have already withdrawn from circulation) and actually assumed that there was nothing to be saved in the conception (far too much almond for a men's fragrance), I am quite taken with the latest variant. Actually, I had even expected that I could like it better, because if you combine the almond, which is obligatory in all Ideal variants, with patchouli (in my opinion very important here), tobacco and plum, i.e. with ingredients that are themselves so strong that they keep the almond in check, everything can only get better, and that's how it is.
In Drydown, I think there's even a certain parallel to Heritage, one of my favourite Guerlain men's scents, as patchouli comes out more clearly at this point, while almond and plum (actually not a bad idea for a men's scent) slowly retreat. At this time you can also smell the tobacco much more clearly. In my opinion, leather is hardly ever present, at least not in this unspeakable Tuscan leatherette or soft leatherette variant or as recently with Patchouli Ardent, but at best underground. I myself actually do not really smell it. Clearly I still recognize the cinnamon, but together with the plum, it becomes a very strong scent. Fortunately, it doesn't ring the Christmas bells, but is still suitable for spring and autumn: just a nice, warm spice.
It's certainly not a very big Guerlain fragrance, but I fluctuate between 7.5 and 8.0, and since many people here know me and I stand by my Guerlain bonus, the fragrance even gets the better note for now. Whether it will stay that way, you can see on this page. In any case, it's finally a completely successful version of the L'Homme Idéal, which I've almost declared dead, in addition to the great cologne, which remains unrivalled for me.
All's well that ends well.

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain