L'Homme Idéal Extrême 2020

L'Homme Idéal Extrême by Guerlain
L'Homme Idéal Extrême is a new perfume by Guerlain for men and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-oriental. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pink pepper, Almond
Heart Notes Heart NotesCinnamon, Plum, Heliotrope
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Cedar, Tobacco, Leather

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 14.09.2020.

“The spicy almond”
When I first smelled this i thought was a bit unpleasant to my nose due to the spices which differentiate this from the other “almondy fragrances” from the line which I was used. Later I started getting the plum and the heliotrope which are really well blended, after that this one still maintain the almond and simil-cherry vibe of the predecessor without being too sweet! In the dry down you get the tobacco leathery but they’re both softer maybe because of the tonka undertones even its not present on the note list! Longevity and projection on my skin are the best from the line with an easy 8 hr!which is still above average but not extreme...

Chanelle
The ideal man is a woman, it's as simple as that.
As much as I admire Yatagan and his unrivalled comments, we both disagree with the last L'Homme Ideal Flanker.
I had to test it 3 times to be sure, then it was out: L'homme Ideal Extreme is Mon Guerlain Intense for men. For women too, by the way Never before have I felt such a close relationship between two Guerlain fragrances: almond, cinnamon, cherry, definitely. But also the typical Mon Guerlain attributes! Lavender caramel.
For hours I didn't trust my nose and thought I might have caught MGI after all, but of course I didn't.
Please, see for yourself. Except for a leather wrap and an admittedly deliciously sweet tobacco note, the two fragrance twins are the only ones to be found. A bit obvious, Thierry. I'm not falling for that...
Yatagan
All's well that ends well!
Uncommented fragrances No. 152

In all brevity I would like to at least record my first impressions of this fragrance, which I will look at more closely and test for its suitability for everyday use. While I considered almost all variants of L'Homme Idéal to be more or less average or even unsuccessful (except for the cologne I adored, but which I have already withdrawn from circulation) and actually assumed that there was nothing to be saved in the conception (far too much almond for a men's fragrance), I am quite taken with the latest variant. Actually, I had even expected that I could like it better, because if you combine the almond, which is obligatory in all Ideal variants, with patchouli (in my opinion very important here), tobacco and plum, i.e. with ingredients that are themselves so strong that they keep the almond in check, everything can only get better, and that's how it is.
In Drydown, I think there's even a certain parallel to Heritage, one of my favourite Guerlain men's scents, as patchouli comes out more clearly at this point, while almond and plum (actually not a bad idea for a men's scent) slowly retreat. At this time you can also smell the tobacco much more clearly. In my opinion, leather is hardly ever present, at least not in this unspeakable Tuscan leatherette or soft leatherette variant or as recently with Patchouli Ardent, but at best underground. I myself actually do not really smell it. Clearly I still recognize the cinnamon, but together with the plum, it becomes a very strong scent. Fortunately, it doesn't ring the Christmas bells, but is still suitable for spring and autumn: just a nice, warm spice.
It's certainly not a very big Guerlain fragrance, but I fluctuate between 7.5 and 8.0, and since many people here know me and I stand by my Guerlain bonus, the fragrance even gets the better note for now. Whether it will stay that way, you can see on this page. In any case, it's finally a completely successful version of the L'Homme Idéal, which I've almost declared dead, in addition to the great cologne, which remains unrivalled for me.
All's well that ends well.

HugoMontezHugoMontez 17 days ago
Very good combination of Heliotrope, leather and almond (coumarin). There's a touch of tobacco too. Masculine and different from the line

by Tabernero
by Tabernero

Popular Guerlain

Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Cologne) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain