L'Homme Idéal Intense L'Homme Idéal L'Intense 2018

L'Homme Idéal Intense / L'Homme Idéal L'Intense by Guerlain
Bottle Design Thierry de Baschmakoff
L'Homme Idéal Intense is a popular perfume by Guerlain for men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesChiliChili CardamomCardamom AlmondAlmond
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeatherLeather Bulgarian roseBulgarian rose CistusCistus
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli VanillaVanilla SandalwoodSandalwood Smoky notesSmoky notes

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 25.08.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is French model Aurélien Muller.

8 in-depth fragrance descriptions
DonJuanDeCat
Even mainstream can be great!
Hi folks, here I am again and today I'm telling you about a men's fragrance by Guerlain. You know I love Guerlain and I love testing their fragrances. But for some reason, some of the L'Homme Idéal fragrances have passed me by. After the EDT, EDP and Cologne, there were some more fragrances of this series released in the last years, but apparently I was only busy testing more women's fragrances and getting annoyed about perfumes (or even the perfumes themselves,... I don't know, something like that... :D), so that this series was a little bit lost, which was a pity, because I really like this fragrance series.

So I thought it was time for these fragrances again, after I found them lined up on a shelf and it looked great how the different flankers in different colors sparkled in the light and invited you to test them, which is usually only the case with women's fragrances:D Furthermore, I have always found that these fragrances, at least the EDP, have scented like a cheaper alternative to the excellent Tonka Imperiale, at least a little bit, which then acts as a further boost of motivation, since the Tonka Imperiale is a really great fragrance.

Well then, here's L'Homme Idéal Intense from 2018, and as there are some new L'Homme Idéal fragrances out there, I'll be testing and commenting on all the others over time. That means, I'm not running out of comments yet and yes,... maybe some of you are happy about this while others are disappointed because they hoped to get rid of me here, he he :D

Later, however, I still smell tonka and spices. The spices are a little weaker later, but they are there and go very well with the autumn/winter trimmed fragrance. For a short while, a little leather flashes up, but disappears quickly or retreats very much into the background, so that you can only smell it when you press your nose against the skin. The same applies to patchouli, which is about as strong (or weak) as the leather.
In the base I still smell sweetish powdery notes, which now smell like a mix of tonka bean and vanilla. The spices don't get any weaker, so that they can be smelled in the base for a while, and the smell actually gets a little bit smokier as stated. I could be wrong, but I still have the feeling that every now and then you can smell a typical mainstream-synthetic, which luckily didn't turn out horrible, so that this doesn't bother me at all.
I really like the later base, as the fragrance then appears nice and spicy-sweet and warm, especially as the light synthetic then radiates even less. All in all, L'Homme Idéal Intense has become a beautiful fragrance to look at.

The silage and the durability:*
The Sillage is good, but no firecracker. To be honest, I even imagined something stronger for a winter scent, but well, I guess the scent will be good to smell on you for a while without having to get too close. But the shelf life is quite good with eight hours.

Of course I would have to test the EDT or the EDP again, because I don't remember these scents so much and therefore I can't say which one I like better, but either way, I think this one is worth testing, unless of course you perfumers perceive such mainstream scents like cheap drugstore scents, so you'd rather stick your noses into niche scents:D All I can tell you is that you could miss out on a lot of things with such a setting (and supposedly there are some pearls among the cheapest drugstore scents... I don't know which ones, though, as I usually ignore drugstore scents as well, because I'm such a hypocrite... :DDD).

All right, guys, that's it for me for today. I wish you all a wonderful evening and,... see you :)
Time to worry
I don't want to be big on the scent itself. It is a spicy, aromatic-intensive, richly accentuated piquant scent. It is well done and spontaneously inspires. Sillage and endurance are above average.

What's the problem?

I got L'Homme Idéal Intense today in a mall for the first time. And in my initial enthusiasm while snooping - I had barely walked the 40 meters from the turquoises to a men's outfitter - the killer question pushed itself into consciousness: How do you know that? You know that!

The answer came to me a few minutes later: Man in Black from Bvlgari minus rum.

Guerlain is something to worry about. Thierry water must go away!

I'm sorry to have to say this in such clarity. It is clearly a danger not to develop a great tradition further and to freeze it into a museum. But disorientation is also an abyss in which destruction awaits.
AnjaTom
Similar to L'Homme Idéal - but well done!
I've been toying with the idea of getting the normal L'Homme Idéal for a while now.
Fortunately I waited and decided to go for L'Homme Idéal L'Intense.

For me, he goes very much in the direction of PDM Godolphin. Great leathery chord with subliminal smoky notes.
Chilli and almond comes through wonderfully, simply great combined.
Sweet yes, but not too much! Great creation! Nothing groundbreakingly new, but good things existing combined in a meaningful new way! I have always had a durability problem with the Godolphin...this would be solved thanks to the expansion of the L'Homme Idéal range!
I got the L'Homme Idéal L'Intense as a blind buy (thanks DaveGahan101), but I still wouldn't recommend doing so. You have to test it first...

Now I'm going to go out on a limb and say:
He smells to me like a cross between Godolphin, La nuit de L'Homme and Pegasus! Super successful as I think!

For me, L'Homme Idéal L'Intense is not just a flanker, but the real Scent that should always have been!!
I would also describe it as quite "suitable for the masses" and universal.

Not my last Guerlain!
Chevalier
Well-trodden paths are the safest, but there is a lot of traffic. Jeff Taylor
How did I look forward to the strong with power smelling relatively new Intense of Mr. Water. The packaging, the design is first class.
And then?????
That can't be, something like that has been reissued here. Intense? Miles away from the much more dominant and stronger firstling ideal homme. What happened here, Mr. Water? This Intense with the Chilli is on the odor level of an eau de toilette, here it is impressively proven that the naming has nothing but nothing to do with the fragrance concentration. This dark one has the texture of a cologne, not more but also not less.

The favorite place of the fragrance, Guerlain has put here again a coarse diver. Unbelievable how such a house flopped LVHM under such an even bigger roof. I can't understand it, the others from the same series are all very good, qualitatively each a benchmark, only this one was either tested on Monday or confused with another one, which is now sold somewhere in the mainstream.
The components all sound very good, the result is a better shower fragrance.

I am curious and hope that this mayfly was only a slip, the prices of Guerlain are not very cheap. There you have to expect more from a fragrance like this and above all not just walk on paths without love.

Mr. Water, I have already seen many interviews and videos of you, I know the next smell of you will be a full success again!

My Review For Guerlain L'Homme IDeal L'Intense Review on YouTube
This is my Guerlain L'Homme IDeal L'Intense Review on YouTube. I've been anticipating the launch of This is Guerlain L'Homme IDeal L'Intense so I put this overview video on the previous Guerlain L'Homme Ideal releases here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2oIxZtNj8w The previous releases included the original Guerlain L'Homme Ideal, Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Cologne, Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Eau De Parfum and Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Sport. Now we have This is my Guerlain L'Homme IDeal L'Intense. So what's the story with Guerlain L'Homme Ideal L'Intense? Is it any more intense? Is it better than the previous versions? Find out all about Guerlain L'Homme Ideal L'Intense by watching my video on YouTube. Thank you.

More reviews

5 short views on the fragrance
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
With this scent I re-discovered how much I love almond and vanilla with smoke. It's not a crowd pleaser but I happen to like it very much.
AmberScentAmberScent 4 years ago
Sweet almond a bit disguised by cardamom and a grand "finale" with smoky vanilla and sandalwood. A great sweet and spicy Fall fragrance.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 5 months ago
Very close to the EdP with slight smokiness and spicy peppery notes. The most sophisticated out of the line. The line keeps delivering!
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 3 years ago
Cool opening but more common dry down. Almond and chili in the opening are just amazing but maybe not enough to make It a masterpieces. Pity
JMWeedJMWeed 9 months ago
Spicy floral with just a hint of sweetness. Not overpowering. The almond blends well to balance things out. Performance is good, not great.
More statements

Images

9 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Béluga by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Vanilla Planifolia by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain