Patchouli Ardent 2020

Patchouli Ardent by Guerlain
Patchouli Ardent is a new perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is earthy-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepper, Black pepper, Green fig
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Turkish rose absolute, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 07.09.2020.

Happy Patchouli
The fig (I smell closer to citrus notes) and rose are mixed with different types of pepper at the beginning. The peppercorns with cheerful patchouli, which has given up the cellar-modern smell, but gives the sweet rose prickly thorns. The whole composition tastes like sherbet powder, which we drank as children with water instead of fruit juice. I can smell the same effervescent scent a bit in the new perfume from Jul et Mad Stairway To Heaven.

Chanelle
Cowardly, dirty, but still only mediocre
Full of expectation, I dared to approach the first Guerlain fragrance of a new era (after Corona) today. I had been looking forward to the beautiful blue bottle for a long time Experience shows that the Absolus d'Orient are not flattering to the nose, and that is exactly what I wanted today. So, all the course was set...
Then it came as thick as a stick: "The start was no easy task for me; heavy, leathery and spicy, full on the twelve. They fought with rough, earthy bandages. Nothing that I would describe as feminine, round or even remotely delicately scented. One is almost thankful when one can slowly make out the hint of a fig: a green-sour, juicy freshness comes along and softens the attack of the meerkats.
Seriously: the fig, otherwise not my favourite fruit in fragrances, is most welcome here, otherwise the fragrance would be too much for me. Peat The further development is again typical Absolu d'Orient: same DNA as e.g. Santal Royal. Sillage also accordingly, I suppose.
Durability is worth the money, what is asked for.
6 hours after the start of the test, the "Patch of Passion" is still in good shape and has gained a few plus points through musk. Now I am starting to like it.
But honestly - do I want to spend hours and hours crawling through the dark moors of Baskerville every time, only to smell a streak of musk rose at the end?
It's easier to have that.
Sorry, Chouli, we won't smell each other again.
Rajudaph
Noble royal blue bottle...
This whole tricky corona situation must have crippled everything in my life. Especially my interest in perfume. Where is it going to come from? There weren't many spontaneous opportunities to smell it. I reduced my perfume inventory by a third.
So again I have room for new fragrances, on to new shores Patschouli Ardent caught my eye on the Parfumo news page weeks ago.
I like this blue aristocratic flacon. My research began: 'goggle', phone calls and mail traffic with Guerlain.
I was then very lucky to come across a very charming perfume that gave me the opportunity to sniff the scent. Dear G. once again a thousand thanks to you.
It's not the fragrance I'm talking about as a giant hype, but it's on my wish list, because I find it very attractive as a whole concept.
It does not have the typical Guerlain flavour. It is fruity, floral-woody and reminds me of the white-blue spring sky and the young green of the bushes and trees. The fragrance turns into a rose, find rather a full flowered peony, very intense. Fits to the spring feeling. Then I sniff a fresh breeze again, but it disappears quickly and I smell a clear patchouli scent. Not dull or musty but charmingly fine As already mentioned, Patschouli Ardent is not the high flyer, but the combination of fig and patchouli is definitely worth testing. Patchouli lovers will love it.
Guerlain and the Zeitgeist
Uncommented fragrances No. 148

Guerlain is a traditional brand, no doubt! But at some point, traditional brands have also launched innovative fragrances: Jicky was the first uncompromisingly synthetic fragrance, Mitsouko was the first peach-chypre, Habit Rouge revolutionized the men's market with its oriental, Shalimar-like aura. You could think of many a Guerlain fragrance But Patchoul-Ardent is neither one of the classic Guerlain fragrances nor an innovative one. It is a reminiscence of the spirit of the times. Is that bad?
In order to answer this question, one must take a closer look at the fragrance. First of all, there is an almost dominant peppery note that is a little reminiscent of incense: spicy, sparkling, almost takes your breath away at first. But there is something about it. Above all, because a green note is added to it, which I couldn't classify at all because I had overlooked the fig in the overview above. In retrospect, this is certainly the reason for this fresh, slightly grassy, sweet note, which is also found in other fig scents. As soon as this accent gets stronger, the peppery note is over and the fragrance quickly approaches its base.
Patchouli is certainly recognizable, but it doesn't really make sense that it had to be the one that gave the fragrance its name. But somehow this woody, dark, earthy accent is always present - even in the top note, especially on skin. I even like this combination of an earthy and a green note very much.
So far so unusual. So innovative after all? Not at the end of the day, because in the end, a leather note will be stronger, one that has been copied from the current penetrating imitation leather note and that has become the plague of men's perfumery since Tuscan Leather. I clearly prefer the classic leather notes (from Bel Ami, Knize & Co. which combine warm, amber, resinous and woody notes with carnation, animal accents). Nevertheless, the leather note here is never as obtrusive as in some new niche fragrances, but is used moderately and fragrance-wise in the guerlain type. However, if this note had not existed at all, I would have decided to give it a higher rating. So it remains for the time being with the above mentioned rating with an upward tendency.
Not a bad new Guerlain, maybe even a good one, but also not one that fits into my collection.

by GuidoSch
by GuidoSch

Popular Guerlain

Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Cologne) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain