Drakkar 1972Eau de Toilette

Drakkar (Eau de Toilette) by Guy Laroche
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
Drakkar (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Guy Laroche for men and was released in 1972. The scent is spicy-fougère. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender, Mandarin orange, Juniper, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesSpices, Jasmine, Pine, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Moss, Musk

Submitted by MaxFavier, last update on 30.09.2020.

Taurus1967
I almost thought he was a legend
It was another one of those flea market encounters and took place a few months ago. At an inconspicuous stand, a mature nice lady offered several perfume miniatures in a small artful set box. The only thing I was interested in was the miniature of this fragrance, which was unknown to me until then. Almost everybody knows the classic black Drakkar, but at first I couldn't estimate this eccentric, although I had discovered at Parfumo that there was a kind of ancestor. Nevertheless, I was uncertain whether what I was holding in my fingers was what I hoped for or maybe a failed fake, a misproduction or a less successful ladies' version.

Thanks to progress, there are smartphones and the perfume app. So take a quick look and let me confirm that I was indeed dealing with the original Drakkar. I had almost taken him for a legend like the yeti or the tax return that fits on a beer mat. So I had to have it, but the lady didn't really want to sell a single miniature, but rather the whole case with its contents. The price I was aiming for was absolutely fair, but most of the miniatures I already had or did not fit as ladies' scents into my prey scheme. Apparently I made such a disappointed impression that she wanted to give me the Drakkar as a present. I accepted, but insisted to give her at least a little something for the coffee box.

Arrived at home it was immediately tested extensively. However, I was irritated that he had only limited similarities with the black Drakkar next to the name and the stylized dragon boat flacon on the first sniff.

What strikes me here is an even stronger presence of lavender as well as a substantial shot of juniper and above all more woodiness towards cedar.
Just add a lot of dry seasoning and an oak moss base. All of this does not make it a classic fougère due to the lack of geranium, but with the combination of lavender and oakmoss it is very close.

In contrast to the well known Schwarzling this Drakkar is lighter, fluffier and more typical 70s. Above all also with a very fine worked out soft-warm base. There you feel comfortable and at the same time a little bit back in time. Nowadays it would really be more a case for nostalgics, while the darker successor continues to do its rounds successfully, albeit reformulated and a little bit soft-washed.

Yet the original Drakkar remains simply... it's coming soon: legendary!

by Undsoweiter
by Undsoweiter
by Aramv
by Aramv
by Taurus1967
by Taurus1967

Popular Guy Laroche

Fidji (1966) (Parfum) by Guy Laroche Fidji (2003) by Guy Laroche Fidji (1966) (Eau de Toilette) by Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Guy Laroche J'ai Osé (Eau de Toilette) by Guy Laroche Fidji du Soir by Guy Laroche Horizon (Eau de Toilette) by Guy Laroche Clandestine (Eau de Toilette) by Guy Laroche Fidji (1966) (Eau de Parfum) by Guy Laroche J'ai Osé (Parfum) by Guy Laroche Eau Folle by Guy Laroche Drakkar Essence by Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir (After Shave) by Guy Laroche Drakkar Dynamik by Guy Laroche