Fidji (1966) Parfum

Version from 1966
Fidji (1966) (Parfum) by Guy Laroche
Bottle Design: Serge Mansau

Fidji (1966) (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guy Laroche for women and was released in 1966. The scent is floral-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Spanish galbanum, Hyacinth, Lemon, Bergamot, Morrocan orange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesFlorentine iris, Bulgarian rose, Italian jasmine, Violet, English lilac, Madagascar ylang-ylang, French carnation, Egyptian tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesIndian myrrh, Persian musk, Malayan patchouli, Mysore sandalwood, Peru balsam, Ambergris, Vetiver, Oakmoss

Submitted by Schnuffi, last update on 24.09.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

"landlubbers" on Elba
"This is the famous island where once old Napoleon was exiled?" the husband asked his wife. They wandered through undergrowth, tree islands and past flowering shrubs. "Yes, my dear, that's exactly what she is. The French emperor would not have deserved so much beauty for his "crimes"....!""she said dryly.
"But to sniff out his boredom there were many possibilities so that he didn't get any silly ideas..... oh, he couldn't swim anyway... and he was much too clumsy to build a boat to escape..." she babbles on as the two approached an old oak tree population. Finely chiselled long and silver-grey "angel hair" hung down from the branches. Oakmoss, REAL OakMOOS in the wild.
And it smelled sweet when you rubbed a shred of it between your fingers.
Both were fascinated quietly and walked slowly on.
They passed many wild growing perennials, like carnations, jasmine bushes, rose bushes, ancient, with eternally long tendrils and fragrant flowers, at a small pond before remains of a turquoise painted, simple house, irises, spread wild, with dark purple flowers.
"Everything grows on such an island?", he asked himself and his wife a "questioning" question. "And how it all smells...!!!" she said enthusiastically.
"And I think there's more botany to marvel at up ahead...." she cried pointing, and ran ahead, HE surprised afterwards.
Knotty-felted myrrh bushes, patchouli plants and other frugal fragrant plants thrived here. "Like on the Fiji Islands"... he meant something stupid....she interrupted him...
"My dear man, The Fiji are TROPICAL, with MUCH RAINFOREST and TREES and jungle and exotic flowers...... here we are on a European, stony wild island, admittedly great fragrant plants grow here and.....PLA PLA PLA........"
"But here it smells as... how great as on the FI...." "No way, Elba is the first island we've entered since Helgoland. On the Fidjis we were still NEVER!!!"
She spoke and took a small bottle out of her handbag and dabbed a droplet on her neck with a sharp finger.
"I knew it..... FIDJI!!!!"
Cried it almost defiantly and the two went on.......
5.0 7.5 5.0 9.0/10

Fantasy Island
Hyacinths, jasmine, ylang-ylang and a whiff of amber: that's the bouquet that unfolds under my nose when I spray this on. I don't smell any citrus, but boy, what I smell is divine! The silage is just right to be a sexy aura when I move, the longevity is good. (3-4 hours).

It's a classic but smells modern. It's cheery yet elegant. An "adult" with a sexy, naughty charm. And NOT just for island wear! ; ) I wear this during the day and it's unusual enough to satisfy my evening out 'scent-moods'. Fidji will always be part of my perfume-wardrobe, just as it was in my mothers.
7.5 7.0/10

Fudji
I was initially quite disappointed when I spritzed on some FIDJI from a recently purchased (and anxiously anticipated!) bottle of edt. The perfume did not bear much resemblance at all to my memory of my first encounter with a vintage sample of a perfume by the same name. I re-read my earlier gushing review of vintage FIDJI (at another site) and realized at once that only reformulation could explain the disparity.

Upon encountering one reviewer's sage warning, I recognized that I had been played for a dupe. Yes, once again, I had been bamboozled into buying a 100ml bottle of a perfume based essentially on a lie, to wit: that the contents of this bottle, labeled FIDJI, were essentially the same as the contents of the sample vial which motivated me to seek out and acquire this perfume in the first place. Alas, FIDJI is not FIDJI anymore.

All of that said, I have to admit that now, having recovered from the initial shock of my dashed expectations, I do actually like the new FIDJI, for what it is: a relatively dry and green floral inching toward the chypre line (and boasting both oak moss and tree moss among its ingredients), but still spare enough to be more of a floral than anything else. A dry white floral with big jasmine and, it seems to me, neroli. This FIDJI (though I am tempted to refer to it now as FUDJI...) is a very nice, sprightly floral green. Neither opulent nor tropical in the least, this composition is closer to BALMAIN than it is to FRACAS: dry, crisp, and clean.

by Zora
by Unchaned
by Unchaned
by Marta
by Marta
Auch mal von mir ganz alleine, jawoll !!
by TIA1971
Fidji in solid perfume form, could be applied like a lip-stick, from 1977
by Joe
by Joe
Ja sieht man, dass mir nicht soviel einfällt ;-)
by TIA1971
by Annkom
by BBking
by BBking

Popular Guy Laroche

Drakkar Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Guy Laroche Fidji (1966) (Parfum) by Guy Laroche Horizon (Eau de Toilette) by Guy Laroche J'ai Osé (Eau de Toilette) by Guy Laroche Clandestine (Eau de Toilette) by Guy Laroche Fidji (2003) by Guy Laroche Drakkar (Eau de Toilette) by Guy Laroche Fidji (1966) (Eau de Toilette) by Guy Laroche Drakkar Essence by Guy Laroche Fidji du Soir by Guy Laroche Eau Folle by Guy Laroche J'ai Osé (Parfum) by Guy Laroche Fidji (1966) (Eau de Parfum) by Guy Laroche Drakkar Dynamik by Guy Laroche J'ai Osé Baby by Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir (After Shave) by Guy Laroche Horizon (After Shave Lotion) by Guy Laroche J'ai Osé Aqua by Guy Laroche Eau Folle - Coccinelle by Guy Laroche Eau Folle - Tartaruga by Guy Laroche