Halle by Halle Berry

Halle is a perfume by Halle Berry for women and was released in 2009. The scent is sweet-fruity. It was last marketed by Coty.

Bruno Jovanovic

Top Notes Top NotesSicilian bergamot, Pear blossom, Fig leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Hibiscus, Mimosa
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Kashmir musk, Frankincense absolute, Driftwood, Amber

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 06.01.2019.

8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Nale
I was expecting a beach scent and got a cuddle by the fireplace scent
The first thing I thought when I saw the scent or the outer packaging was "oh certainly a summer scent fruity, sweet with coconut" but what I smelled when I sprayed it on was something completely different... Halle doesn't smell fruity at all on my skin but starts warm, sweet and flowery. All notes finely coordinated, then it becomes slightly spicy, a little bit woody and in my opinion also vanilla which rounds the whole wonderfully off.
I think of a romantic evening in front of the fireplace, the fire crackles, I wear my favorite cuddly sweater and the wine bottle is waiting to be drunk. I wear Halle because he is cuddly, warm, sweet, feminine and not pushy or annoying.
The shelf life is a good 7 hours with Top
7.5 5.0 2.5 8.0/10

Madkat
a nice sweet musky floral
I really like the scent, enough to purchase a bottle after having the roller ball. It is a nice sweet, not sugary, warm fruity floral with a bit of incense on me. I get the freesia & mimosa, the pear blossom & bergamot. I don't get the fig leaf which is fine with me. The musk grows as the florals fade, while the sweet fruit stays throughout.

Throw is good for the first hour going to skin only, unfortunately Halle only lasts 2 hours on me which may be due to my acidic skin.. I had hoped the spray version would have helped with the longivity but it didnt.

My bottle came with a free matching bracelet, which although pretty is not my style.
5.0 7.5 5.0/10

Sweeter than I expected
I had heard so much about this fragrance prior to testing it, and I must say that I expected it to be less sweet and perhaps more floral. For some reason I thought it might be similar to Dior's Dune.

Halle, although nice, is my least favourite from her releases. I don't follow her as an actress, however I admire her intelligence and talent. I never mock celebrity scents, as being an actress myself, if I reached celebrity stardom then I wouldn't hestitate to release a fragrance myself.

Like I mentioned before, it's a little sweeter than I would have liked. I wanted beachy but Halle gave me syrupy pear, exotic flowers and sugary vanilla, which smelt more like a juicy dessert more than anything.

The fruity pear, bergamot and fig tend to overshadow the florals in this composition, with a strange warmth and with a touch of spice. It smells like a far distant cousin of Just Me by Paris Hilton, just that little bit peppery. What bothers me is that sweet shampoo like note that comes and goes.

Towards the drydown, Halle becomes increasingly musky, which is either a turn on or a turn off depending on the person. Personally, I don't feel as if the musk blends too well with the other notes.

On a happier note, Halle has good sillage and excellent lasting strength, lasting days on clothes and at least a whole day on the skin. At least that's one thumbs up from me.

All in all, it's not bad, but it's not as impressive as everyone makes it out to be in my humble opinion.
6.0/10

Awesomeness
Like it but not enough to own it
I was pleasantly surprised by Halle. It's different from the run-of-the-mill oriental woody or celeb-of-day fume. It's got a golden beachy vibe to it, like late summer when the temperature is cool, the sun is warm, and everyone is sporting a tan. That was my impression _before_ seeing the print ads.

In my opinion, the pear & fig make this special yet comforting, adding a touch of sweetness without the sugar. Pear & fig are among my favorite notes, so I like Halle and would wear it again. However, I don't like Halle enough to invest in a bottle, even if at a deep discount.

I can see how many people could like this. It's not a JLo copy, it's more of a Fall scent, and it's a mature sister to With Love by HD.
5.0 7.5 4.0/10

Decent Composition Made of Low-Quality Components
Well, at this price, one could certainly do much worse than Halle Berry HALLE. I was afforded the opportunity to test this Coty (non-prestige) drugstore offering by the receipt of a free 5ml atomizer along with an online purchase at one of the discount emporia. I usually steer clear of Coty nonprestige fragrances because I have yet to recover from my traumatic testing of their reformulated Muguet des Bois, which may have scarred me for life.

HALLE is at the level of some of the BBW offerings, it seems to me (maybe a notch lower?). A slightly spicy vanilla-ish amberish scent all held together with BHT. To say that any of the listed notes are present would probably be to stretch things a bit. This smells okay, but I probably won't be using the $3 coupon that came along with the free sample. HALLE begins to turn fairly quickly on my skin. Hmmm... would that be because of or in spite of the BHT?

by Piepmatz
by Sabi
by Vai
by Vai

Popular Halle Berry

Halle by Halle Berry Reveal by Halle Berry Halle Pure Orchid by Halle Berry Reveal the Passion by Halle Berry Closer by Halle Berry Exotic Jasmine by Halle Berry Wild Essence by Halle Berry