Halloween Man X 2019

Halloween Man X by Halloween
Halloween Man X is a new perfume by Halloween for men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Perfumes y Diseño.

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Provençal lavender, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesWhisky, Roasted coffee, Leather, Cinnamon, Mineral notes
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean, Amber, Frankincense

Submitted by eBOSS, last update on 26.11.2020.

Coffee and (no) Cigarettes
- Want some tea?
- Yeah, splash me.
- It's all herbals, man. No caffeine.
- That's what I'm talking about. No caffeine. Caffeine is ridiculous right now, man.
- Tell me about it.
- Caffeine leads to depression, makes you all irritable, have your heart beating fast. Faster heart rate, you know what I mean? And worse than anything, you drink that coffee, it gives you the shits, you know what I mean? So I try to stay away from that.
- I'm off that shit, anyway.
- Crisp and clean. No caffeine.

Contrary to what the characters from the movie Coffee and Cigarettes (2003) recommend in these quotes, Halloween Man X is an injection of caffeine.

In the opening, it's that coffee we drink when we have a headache in which we add a few drops of lemon to the contents of a Portuguese coffee cup (homemade recipe for migraines).
My displeasure with this perfume is that I stopped drinking coffee with sugar many years ago and the coffee scent with sweetness makes me a little sick, despite the fact that Halloween Man X is not that sweet. But these are already my habits.

The perfume is simple, it's pleasant and will please those who like the smell of weak coffee with sugar.
You also get some tonka bean that create a cozy scent for the autumn and the winter.

As for the price, if you stop drinking coffees for a few days, you've saved enough to buy a 125ml bottle.

Longevity is average, as with projection.
Learned at second glance
My previous statement was: "Fruity fresh. A little too sweet. But I don't recognize coffee or whiskey. Too unexciting for me."

I just had to test it again in double dose and on my own skin. So many of you had a completely different impression of him that I was skeptical if I tested the right scent.....

What can I say? It was worth it. My verdict now goes in a completely different direction:

It opens with a light coffee aroma, sweetish and woody, and with discreet but well present silage
After an hour, the coffee becomes gourmand due to the stronger coffee.

In the 2.hour we have coffee gourmand par excellance! That pleases very much! The sweetness is almost gone. The silage is now well adequate.

After 3 to 4 hours the coffee gourmand slowly becomes chocolaty. The silage is still good. The sweetness is completely gone.

Even after 8 hours it is still well present. Also suitable for everyday use.

Whiskey I still don't notice, but the sweetness could come from that...

Conclusion:

A coffee/cocoa gourmand alrounder. especially for the cooler days.

It is worth increasing, also as office fragrance, leisure or party fragrance. Wearable all year round, except at >25 degrees. I would find it disturbing then. Especially in the winter months it fits perfectly.

I'll get it.

If you want to test it, I strongly recommend testing it on your own skin...
No Coffee for You!
Halloween Man X as a fragrance fascinates me. This has several reasons. For one, there's this opening chord. Fresh, citrusy and very pleasant. But after 5 seconds it's gone. Where did it go? Please stay with me a little longer. I really like this introduction. Then things get complicated between me and Halloween Man X. Now I smell almost exclusively cinnamon, tonka bean and a sweet whisky note. That's close to the tolerance level for me.

Not a trace of coffee, though. Neither minimal in the basic structure of the fragrance, nor in the fine nuances of the top note. Every morning and afternoon I paint myself fresh coffee from the best coffee plantations (organic and fair trade, of course) in the world. I know how coffee smells. Both freshly ground and brewed. On Halloween Man X I can't even begin to smell a similar scent.

In the Drydown I like the smell much better again. There it becomes sensual, gets a pleasant warmth and loses some of the initial sweetness, which is replaced by something woody and leathery. Now we're back at eye level. If I could still smell roasted or ground coffee now .........
Sweet coffee scent
My fourth in this Halloween series. They used to be sold under the name Jesus Del Pozo. Great Spanish brand, which you can get for fair prices. Also the really good Arabian Nights & Quasar come from this house. The Halloween series is really great. The first one of this series reminds slightly of 1 Million, but I like it much better. Many know it and it is popular, that's probably why there are so many flankers. Also the black and gold shot is very seductive, which goes towards La Nuit de L'Homme. I also own Rock On, which is decent but nothing special. This series is rather less something for the fine niche noses, which disturb themselves at light to medium synthetics. It keeps within limits, but is present.

A fragrance that I had my eye on for a while and bought a few months ago. 75ml are very cheap to have. Also the 125ml are very cheap. The pyramid was very tempting for me from the beginning. Tonka-Coffee-Cinnamon-Leather-Whisky-Cardamom-Amber. Sounds great. Is it? Yes. All the notes are not clearly scented, but all in all a very nice combination for the evening or the colder season. In the statements I read: No coffee available. For me the star of this creation, together in a duo with Tonka. For me, the coffee smells like freshly roasted coffee beans, to which this beautiful Tonka note fits perfectly. Tart coffee is a great counterpoint to the very sweet tonka-robe. In addition there are fine spices, whereby here the creation is harmonious and many individual notes cannot be smelled out. All in all, this coffee-tonka-spice mixture makes a great impression. A little bit of synthetics resonates, but is still stylish and especially people who like to wear sweet designer fragrances might like it. A crowdpleaser that would certainly go down well with the masses without smelling like one of many. I don't see the indicated fragrance twins as twins. Ferragamo Uomo is much sweeter and there you get Tiramisu instead of coffee. To list Ultra Male here as twins is of course totally wrong. For me this Man X is very unique with a lot of individuality. Especially well wearable for young modern men, coffee lovers, but also very well wearable by ladies. This coffee-tonka-mix is of course unisex-suitable.
Performance is good, especially in this price category. Sillage is medium to good, two more sprayers won't hurt here. Durability is with approx.8 hours totally ok.

For me an absolute feel-good fragrance in the colder season. It is also good at mild temperatures. If you like Rochas Man or Ferragamo Uomo: it's a great alternative

Best from the house
I love how the opening is so light and fresh, it's all about the lemon and lavander for the first mins and then the coffee kicks in with the full strength of the black jack accord.

To me this is by far Halloween's best fragrance, performance is not amizing, it's fine though but the scent itself is very creative and it impressed me and considering the price then it's a great deal

Rquill67
Too much citrus for me! Was hoping for cozy winter...
Halloween Man X is a sweet, spicy, boozy and a coffee tango in a bottle. Even though there is coffee, I don't get a lot of coffee; I do get a ground coffee bean vibe and this fragrance does come across synthetic in the opening. As it dries down and heads into the mid, the cardamom, amber, lavender and lemon start to come into play. I don't get a lot of cinnamon (so it's not a cinnamon bomb or anything). This is a fresh but dark take on a sweet amber fragrance. Great for evening, a date, an event or just causal hanging out in jeans and a t-shirt. This isn't indie or niche quality, it's a designer fragrance and it knows what it's trying to do. I give this a 6 / 10 because the dry down has a very citrus vibe that’s been done in many other fragrances. This isn’t a love for me. It’s a like. I will keep it.
Not Halloween but Starbucks Dream
The opening is mainstream, the special thing about this fragrance is the heart note that develops slowly after 15 minutes. What I love here is the roasted coffee bean scent, combined with a leather note and some whisky. The leather is restrained, very fine. I don't smell cinnamon.
The durability is with me about 7 hours, the Sillage is good, at least one arm length with 2-3 sprays, he projects at least 2 hours. It is a fragrance for autumn, winter and for spring evenings, which one smells quite rarely, a fragrance that is something special. With the favourable price a clear purchase for me.
Coffee in the heart

I became aware of this perfume because of its advertised coffee aroma But as far as this is concerned, one is initially disappointed. The first perception is clearly determined by the sweet and fruity opening, which reminds quite strongly of that of 1 Million and dominates at least the first ten minutes. Only after that the coffee chord slowly starts to unfold, which I find extremely successful. The fragrance also begins to smell a little aquatic, which goes well with the bluish bottle. When the heart has fully developed, we have a slightly sweet coffee roast smell against a slightly fresh background with a hint of leather in the back. The whole thing is the climax of the fragrance, before it all ends in a commonplace drydown of tonka and amber.

If one otherwise criticizes linearity in fragrances, then this fragrance could consist of the heart chord from beginning to end for my perception. But in this case, my enthusiasm is limited - especially because of the opening. Nevertheless, it is a well wearable fragrance. Excellent for the cup for the date in the café of choice...

No cream, 15 sugars.
No kidding. The first words out of my mouth after smelling this baby was, "Dang. Not ANOTHER sugar water, synthetic bubblegum-smelling piece of..." Yeah, it's sweet alright. Sweeter than many people were letting on. But let's be clear, for what this fragrance is trying to achieve and how it progresses, I still think it does a pretty damn good job. A great one in fact.

Unfortunately, from all of the reviews online, I was expecting something closer to the smell of coffee beans. Instead, the accord that's used is a great deal closer to the smell of stale, canned dark roast coffee grounds. It's definitely pleasant - and if that's all you're used to drinking you'll be amazed - but despite the bitterness being there, it's certainly not the freshly ground organic stuff I'm used to. I know, I know, it's not fair to expect quality from a relatively inexpensive fragrance, but it's my only gripe, so I had to put it out there. Everything else is rather well done.

HMX starts off with a major blast of liquid sugar (tonka and amber), cinnamon and that coffee note in the far background. If you want to guage sweetness, think Ultra Male and Eros without the citrus. We're talkin' SWEET. And as it stands in the opening, rather generic. Fortunately, as the fragrance develops, it goes through a FANTASTIC transition, becoming less and less sweet with time and more and more bitter and smoky as the coffee continues to push through. Unfortunately, I don't get any of the whisky or leather, but it's clear that the mineral notes are adding to the bitterness. Overall though, as synthetic fragrances go, it's actually quite a joy to experience.

But besides the wonderfully dramatic transition, what makes this fragrance so appealing is HOW the coffee is done. It's certainly not the rosey brewed stuff you get with Montale's Intense Cafe; nor is it the vanilla cappuccino in Rochas Man, or the chocolate-dusted dessert drink in Ferragamo's Uomo. Instead, it's literally like a pile of canned coffee grounds (the whole aluminum can actually) floating in a bowl of sugar water. It's so strange putting that in writing but there it is.

Smelling it up close is attractive enough, but in the air.....maaaan. It's the bitterness that does it for me. Super alluring contrast, despite there not being a trace of natural ingredients. Sure, there's a touch of cinnamon mixed in with the coffee, but not enough to really stand out. And yeah, maybe it could've done with a little more amber to warm it up, but I think Beaulieu did a fine job. It's unique, it's playful, perhaps even a bit youthful, but more importantly, it's captivating. And that's a huge plus in a saturated market. Overall, a great spin on the modern sweet fragrance.

TorkeTorke 3 months ago
The opening is very misleading. Seems like a weak citrus/lavender fragrance.
The drydown is the winner with a pleasent coffee smell.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
It smells like a coffee with sugar and a touch of tonka bean. There is also lemon in the opening. For younger men. Performance is not bad.
DarkbeatDarkbeat 8 months ago
Good, pretty and cheap. A kind of Salvatore ferragamo Uomo with a more youthful and casual style. Good performance, and great price.

Popular Halloween

Halloween Man by Halloween Halloween Man Shot by Halloween Halloween Shot by Halloween Halloween Man Rock On by Halloween Halloween by Halloween Halloween Man Tattoo by Halloween Halloween Tattoo by Halloween Halloween I'm Unique by Halloween Halloween Blue Drop by Halloween