HM (Eau de Parfum) by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ
HM (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ for men and was released in 1998. The scent is sweet-citrusy. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesLemonLemon
LavenderLavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla
Woody notesWoody notes
Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by TVC15, last update on 24.11.2021.

Smellavision
What a sleeper I've missed here...
I have been waiting for years to test this and when finally trying it, I must admit I'm not the least disappointed. HM may have been introduced in '98, but smells very contemporary. Most prominent notes are vanilla and tonka spiced with lavender and floral chocolate which makes it slightly gourmand - maybe even something as rare as a gourmand for summer evenings, but as long as you don't use it in a setting that is too hot it should be no problem. I also do get a slight resemblance to the flowery sweetness of Animale Animale for Men as well, it actually reminds me of an ice cream sundae with vanilla, chocolate and all.

A great bargain for the price.

Blast from the past
how do i say this without sounding... you know? well ill just come out and say it;
this smells foreign, and i love it. this fragrance is unique, lovely smelling, very complex and best of all, its cheap. i bought my 100ml bottle on fragnet for $19, and it might be the best value, lb. for .lb, $ for $ in all of fragdom.

there's alot of notes in this, and the first thing that hits you a powdery lemon blast, with slight fruity touches as fragantica says there's no plum but everyone else pretty much assured there is, so what can you do? (maybe its the black currant) its 40% lemon/40%powdery/20%fruity, with some picking up the lemon more than others.

in the mid, the lemon takes a backseat for the floral aspects, and while i wasnt able to pick out individual notes, its decidedly floral, slightly powdery, with my brother picking out the rose while my cousin (a girl) noticed the jasmine more, so take that for what it's worth. and while the lemon takes a backseat, it is still there in the background lingering like a creep at a bar who's waiting on last call but hasn't taken a single sip all night.

and then comes the chocolate. chocolate isn't necessarily one of my more favorite notes when it comes to fragrances because to me usually they're done as the main players or often times they go overboard to my nose and they often become a little too intense, here though? the chocolate comes out and is prominent in the base but the vanilla and the woods show up to the party as well, and with the floral aspect still faintly there, makes for an ecclectic finale, as this is what you get for the rest of the life of the scent.

the performance on me is pretty cool, I get 6 to 7 hours, sometimes eight if you made a particular sweet spot on the temperature where it isn't exactly cold but isnt exactly warm. projection is pretty good as I say it's not quite full arms length but it's certainly a little bit past the elbow, and sillage is very moderate. versatility is very high for me, as a fragrance is pleasant enough to wear to the office and close environments, the floral mid is great for lunch dates, if you spray it enough it'll get particularly loud and slightly bold and mysterious enough to wear to a black tie event in my opinion. the base with the chocolates of the wood one sure that is fragrance as enough heaviness that will withstand some cool days, biy dont grt too fucking crazy now.
this fragrance came out in 1997, basically 24 years ago but to me does not smell dated nor does it smell modern. if this had a little more in terms of performance power )like an extra 2 hours), you can easily smell this and think that it was a niche because it doesn't smell designer at all. I would tell you to sample this but there's no place that I've come across thats actually doing this one, but it's so damn cheap you can just buy a 50 ml or 100 ml, give it a shot and if you don't like it then fuck it, we've all foolishly blown 10 to 20 bucks before.
I wanted to like you,
yes really it all sounded so interesting and so I grabbed the perfume at a good price, shortly sprayed nice lemony beginning but somehow this united after a short time with the, I guess times heart note, and gave me a dull fragrance that triggers discomfort with me personally, and so it was for me but nothing with the interesting niche fragrance, too bad.
The new and the old
The first thing you notice is a very strong and intense citric sweetness, which has wonderfully interwoven sour and fresh appearing, fruity and refreshing qualities, and I suspected lemon peel instead of just 'lemon' and black currant.

At the same time, these two notes are accompanied by a very delicate but noticeable greenish, almost ethereal and extremely soft nuance of green mint, which, in my opinion, with the tart accents of lemon and currant, ensures that the attack is refreshingly sweet but not sticky.

The lavender used in the background is like a lovely soft focus and in my opinion the fragrance leads into this wonderful light aura and at the same time into nostalgia
Because, a little bit later, this already clearly perceptible inkling has completely unfolded and envelops the wearer in a very dense, creamy, very special floral, slightly powdery, but nevertheless inexplicable masculine light aura, which can only be the lily of the valley.

The lily of the valley is accompanied by an equally bright floral nuance of jasmine, which is responsible for the fragrance's pleasant, flying, even slightly penetrating appearance.

Something in the background plays a very fine, very subtle, finely rooted transparent nuance their charm and the fragrance despite its flowery sweet heaviness something transparent receives and I here iris butter, instead of just 'Iris' meant perceive.

"My son, a few years ago other things were inherited, stamps, watches, stocks and such, ick wants to leave you a scent!"

For me, Hanae Mori reflects exactly this, that new and old at the same time, he has the refreshing fruity sweetness, but at the same time also the scent perception of a not yet completely dissolved lily of the valley - soap, which exudes a fine soft mature masculine aura, but without appearing "old".

In the last 4 hours, a dense, subtly oily, typical chocolaty note is added in very delicate touches, which gives the base a wonderful and wonderful warmth and is surrounded by very fine creamy wooden nuances, giving it a certain smooth appearance and, in combination with the sandalwood, especially 'Amyris wood', I think we can perceive it
These two notes are accompanied, quite simply and profanely, by light wooden and very subtle mossy tones, which lend the finish something distinguished and are due to the moss and cedar wood.

Very far in the background and only perceptible directly on my skin, a fine sweet-spicy, very subtle almond nuance of amber and tonka bean completes the fragrance
Unfortunately I could not perceive vanilla, but I can well imagine that this fragrance component was used to complete the picture.

In total the fragrance lasts 9 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is perceptible from the beginning for 4 hours on a very clear whole arm length, before it is minimized in viscous steps until the fragrance is finished.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Honk1510" for the bottle.

Rej
Hanae HM says: I'm special!
Hanae HM you may like it or not, but without a doubt it is a special and different perfume. It is a genderless perfume, both for men and women. Maybe more on the feminine side, being pretty sweet and gourmand. The thing is that it comes with a very captivating and pleasant sweetness! It is also a little balsamic, slightly woody, almost to be licked as if it were really vanilla ice cream with citrus peel and flakes of White chocolate here and there. Greedy yet elegant and refined, it is not for all perfumes to be! Recommended!
Frosted glass
And so I wander through the forest of curiosities... White flowers and lavender bloom around the swept granite floor and I make my way towards a greenhouse in a clearing
Yes, I do... Something's wrong...

Why is this greenhouse made of frosted glass?

Inside I see lemons growing on strange tendrils with small rosebuds and in the middle a cacao tree set in stone? What is this place?

With a rose in her hand the Japanese designer Hanae Mori approaches me and greets me. She tells me that she thinks she wants to create a modern and Mediterranean version of the land of milk and honey...

Flowery, slightly herbaceous lemon meets milky cocoa... Really weird. If someone would show it to me and ask me how much it costs, I would think that the scent would be somewhere between the other blue private blends of Tom Ford. The shelf life is really good 10 hours approx. and that with about 6 hours and 4 splashes of room filling Sillage.

Quite pleasing and yet super creative fragrance.

Nevertheless, you should not buy it blind, because the light cocoa note could be a little strange to some people to wear it yourself.

The bottle and spray head are phenomenally good. Great wide finely scattered cloud and a very pleasant glass.

Green, flowery and woody
Actually, Hanae Mori has already written enough comments on 'HM', but I feel the fragrance is a bit different than the previous descriptions
HM' begins briefly citric and slightly sweet, but soon there are very green notes which remind me of currant leaves and a hint of mint. There is a whiff of lavender in the background, but it has no chance against the green leaves.

After a good hour, the green notes still dominate, but 'HM' becomes increasingly flowery. I mean, smelling rose, maybe some jasmine. For some time something fine sweet, flowery always flashes through. I'm not sure if it comes from the lily of the valley now.

After a good three hours, the green notes are gone, I can still smell the rose a little and 'HM' slowly becomes woody.

The wood notes are accompanied for a short time by a spicy note that may come from the chocolate, because I can't really smell the chocolate. For this I am compensated by a balsamic and not too sweet sandalwood note. That's how it stays for the rest of the time I can smell 'HM'.

HM isn't just for gentlemen. You can wear the scent for almost all occasions, except for sports. I like it best at cool and not too warm temperatures.

After the first thirty minutes, the broadcast is always discreet. The shelf life is round seven hours, I can still smell 'HM' even after 10 hours.
The scent of the elves
Elrond walks down the steps of Bruchtal calmly and calmly. It's late in the morning, he has to blink, the sun blinds him. He closes his eyes and listens to the silence between the white columns and walls. Silence. The elves stay out of human conflicts and will continue to do so, they are far too insignificant compared to an elven life. Elrond opens his eyes and continues slowly. A barely noticeable smile is visible on his narrow lips. There is peace in Rivendell.

..this picture from Lord of the Rings comes to mind in "HM - Hanae Mori". It is a fragrance for an elegant, dainty but not unmanly man. This man is the rest himself. It's a scent for elves.

In the top note the lemon is recognizable, but without acid or bitter parts. The mint gives lavender and currant lightness.
In the heart note it is almost impossible to distinguish the components; what remains is a white floridity.
Chocolate, moss and woody notes are only decided in the base: this is a men's perfume!
Not for the rocker or even macho (a stroke of luck) - but for the well-groomed, "metrosexual" man.

..As with many of you it is also with me - due to the evaluations and the price - a blind purchase. I am highly satisfied, I have not had such one yet!
The scent's awesome. Elrond walks down the steps of Rivendell calmly and calmly. It's late in the morning, he has to blink, the sun blinds him. He closes his eyes and listens to the silence between the white columns and walls. Silence. The elves stay out of human conflicts and will continue to do so. You don't pull a cloud behind you, which wouldn't fit either. Durability is neat, but not above average.
Seems to be a real insider's tip away from "perfume circles", which should be recommended
Lemon trimmed for independence
This fragrance has been on my wish list for quite some time, because: rarely to be found, very cheap and well rated. Besides, the fragrance has made me sweet-citrically curious. Even if my little water shouldn't remind me directly of eating or drinking: I like this supposed contrast (sweet and sour) very much, especially with cocktails and desserts. The very floral heart note had also kept me from testing, but my "fear" that it might become too flowery for me was unfounded.

The Japanese DNA of a fine and rather light fragrance can also be found in HM. The olfactory wooden hammer is (fortunately) sought here in vain. And I don't really like being too cute either. I am therefore surprised that many commentators here perceive HM primarily as sugary, because I do not do that at all. A finely balanced lemon, garnished with a little mint, sits enthroned above everything from beginning to end. At no time do chocolate and tonka bean become so dominant that one could suspect Mugler's DNA here. All the other scents (especially the floral ones) are subtle, but they might take the spiciness out of the lemon and slow down the sweet base as well.

In contrast to some of the previous speakers, I therefore do not perceive HM as a gourmand. Of course, he has something lemonade, dessert-like, but does not come along with the sweet force of modern modern fragrances. In my opinion, HM can also be classified as unisex because it lacks distinctive masculinity. I don't realize that HM is an eau de parfum, H & S are in the upper midfield.

All in all, HM is a beautiful, pleasant and original fragrance. It does not really rip me off to storms of enthusiasm, but in view of its price and balance it finds its way into my collection - especially since it is portable for me across all occasions.

Carlitos01
A peaceful shower of beautifully blended notes
Opens with a creamy near zesty fresh lemon strong vibe together with fruity and fougére notes (main top notes of lemon, sweet blackcurrant and enchanting lavender).
The lemon and lavender do persist for the second phase where you notice some flowerish scents - mainly iris - in a creamy mild sweet base (black currant still? or early vanilla and tonka?).
It dries down with a persistant sweet vanilla base, yummy chocolate, delightful tonka, peaceful amber and faint woody notes.
Nice longevity but average sillage and projection, with neither darkness, nor animalic vibes.
It's clearly a recurrent scent in any colection. I may not use it once a week, but certainly will use it a couple of times each month.
It's a unisex fragrance, but a very sexy one!

Let's see the math of HM for men:
- Scent opening: 8.5 (very very good - my judgement).
- Scent drydown: 9.0 (very very good - my judgement).
- Longevity: 8.0 (8+ hours + with 3 sprays).
- Sillage: 7.0 (more than 3 feet for 3 hours with 3 sprays; projects for 2 hours); practical skin scent till the 8th or 9th hour.
- Uniqueness: 9.0 (unique, very well blended, and giving me some vibes of other fragrances, but being similar to none - with the sole exception of Hanae Mori EDT).
- Wearability: 9.0 (almost everywhere. Exceptions: Gimn and Beach).
- Versatility: 9.5 (high for Spring and Autumn,... preety wearable in winter or summer).
- Compliments: 8.5 (Discrete compliments from discrete people.... but it pleases everybody).
- Quality: 9.5 (my judgement - does not suggest even a small vibe of being cheap or synthetic. It does smell expensive).
- Presentation: 8.5 (discrete but very nice. Excellent cap and sprayer).
- Price: 10.0 (100 ml tester for 22 Euros + VAT).

Average: 8.77 / 10.00
It deserves to be in the front odf my drwer either because it's easier to reach, but also because it has a very elegant and discrete presentation.
Will I buy it again? Yes for sure.
Will I recommend it? a big YES due to the scent, and price.

EDIT: I notice that the scent rate of this EDP is quite inferior to the EDT rate. Well if you investigate the low ratings, a handfull of "perfume trolls" decided to value this scent with zeros and ones some years ago. That did not happen with the EDT.

JMWeedJMWeed 1 month ago
Really nice fresh, sweet lemon scent. Definitely a summer/spring wear. Blown away how fresh it smells without being soapy, $19, just wow.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 7 months ago
Very sweet lemon in addition with white florals. Could also be worn by a woman. A bit like a precursor to light blue pour femme
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
This fragrance is a recurrent scent in any colection. I may not use it once a week, but certainly will use it a couple of times each month.

by Honk1510
by Michael
by Somebody
by Somebody

Popular Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ

HM (Eau de Toilette) by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ HiM (Eau de Toilette) by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ Butterfly / Hanae Mori (1995) (Eau de Toilette) by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ HiM (Eau de Parfum) by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ Butterfly / Hanae Mori (1995) (Eau de Parfum) by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ Hanae by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ Magical Moon (Parfum) by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ Magical Moon (Eau de Toilette) by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ Eau de Collection No. 3 by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ Haute Couture (Eau de Parfum) by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ Butterfly / Hanae Mori (1995) (Parfum) by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ Hanae Mori Eau Fraiche by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ Purple Butterfly by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ Haute Couture (Parfum) by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ Haute Couture (Eau de Toilette) by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ Eau de Collection No. 1 by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ Eau de Collection No. 2 by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ Hanae Mori / 森英恵 / Mori Hanae (Eau de Cologne) by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ Magical Moon (Eau de Parfum) by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ Eau de Collection No. 7 by Hanae Mori / ハナヱ モリ