Cuir Pleine Fleur (2006)

Cuir Pleine Fleur by Heeley

Cuir Pleine Fleur is a perfume by Heeley for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is leathery-spicy. It is still in production.

James Heeley

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamot, Violet leaf, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesMimosa, Hawthorn, Suede, Rose, Honeysuckle
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Castoreum, Birch, Atlas cedar

Submitted by Andi136, last update on 21.04.2019

"Cuir Plein Fleur" is a term used in leather manufacturing. It denominates the more valuable upper layer of split leather - the grain layer in opposite to the flesh layer. On the grain layer, you can see the structure of the layer with marks and pores.

7.0 5.0 6.0 9.0/10

Cumulnimbus
A contemporary take on a polite leather tradition
Very contemporary unisex take on the polite side of niche leathers. It is quite different from all others so that's already a plus. I enjoy violet or violet leaf and leather combo tradition, being Jolie Madame one of my favorite leather scents. Cuir Pleine Fleur adds bergamot and cinnamon for a sparkly start, transparent honeyed mimosa to brighten up and finally a shade of hawthorn and castoreum to give the drydown a polite animalic wink over the birch, wet vetiver and woody notes. Nevertheless, the wet green effect stands out and manages to generate a prevalently clean perception.

I value the calming effect it has on me. It melts beautifully with my own skin smell, so I find it extremely wearable. Chic, perfect for warm spring and autumn days. Longevity is pretty satisfactory but offers a moderate sillage.
7.5 2.5 2.5 2.0/10

Cuir Pleine Fleur
This fragrance opens with a chocolaty leather accord — dry and intense. It gives me the impression of a cowhide desiccated by the desert sun and winds. As the scent progresses, the chocolate undertone dissolves into a clove note with smoky accents. On me the spice dominates the whole composition and I see little of the initially-strong leather accord. It resurfaces more clearly only towards the dry down — after the spices have burnt off. Overall this is a very light scent with little lasting power: after roughly four hours it is gone.
7.5 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

The sweeatest Cuir
Most of the leathers are sharp and when I ordered a sample of Cuir Pleine Fleur I was expecting a scent similar to Azuree that I love so much.
Helley'creation is the antipodal point: warm, soft like a perfumed pair of suede gloves, harmonious and full bodied like no other leather.
I adore it ! It has some iris in the mix who gives the sweernes to this scent. I never tried to detemine the individual elements of this fragrance. I let its dissipation float around and color my day in soft yellows and blues. Cuir Pleine Fleur has great longevity and sillage.
5.0/10

Awesomeness
Full grain leather and then some ...
Cuir Pleine Fleur, or Full Grain Leather, opens nicely, and a soft leather is evident on top. Then it changes, quite dramatically, into something fetid.

My first thought: Bird cage, needs cleaning.
My second: City zoo, elephant pen.
My third: State fair, pig barn.
My fourth: Open, untreated animal wound.

The birch is beautiful - the best I've yet experienced - and the earthy, woody dry down is very wearable for me. But the farm experience ... it borders on repulsive and it's a little much.

Thank you @CatBiscuit for endowing me with a sample of this beauty. I'll use it on one fine day to piss off my co-workers, or I'll wear it in Vegas to make my way through a crowd. Either way, it'll go to good use. ;)

Aug
2010

Hajuvana 23 months ago
Maybe a little heavy on violets and weak on leather, but I'm glad someone wasn't afraid of crashing into Fahrenheit and worked on the combo.+2
Hermesh 4 years ago
Leather, initially slightly tart (birch, violets), then fluffy, silky smooth and with a (weak) wonderful honey note. Fine!
5.0

by Amazins
by Amazins
by Freshdennis
by Freshdennis

Popular Heeley

Sel Marin by Heeley Cardinal by Heeley Menthe Fraîche by Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur by Heeley Iris de Nuit by Heeley Coccobello by Heeley Hippie Rose by Heeley Note de Yuzu by Heeley Ophélia by Heeley Vetiver Veritas by Heeley L'Amandière by Heeley Verveine d'Eugène by Heeley Agarwoud by Heeley Chypre 21 by Heeley Esprit du Tigre by Heeley Figuier / Fig by Heeley Oranges and Lemons, say the Bells of St. Clement's by Heeley Bubblegum Chic by Heeley Phoenicia by Heeley Eau Sacrée by Heeley