Esprit du Tigre (2006)

Esprit du Tigre by Heeley

Esprit du Tigre is a perfume by Heeley for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is spicy-fresh. It is still in production.

James Heeley

Top Notes Top NotesCamphor, Peppermint, Spearmint, Winter green
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Cardamom, Black pepper
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Cinnamon

Submitted by Andi136, last update on 09.05.2019

Too dry and bitter!
When I heard Esprit du Tigre was “medicinal”, I thought I might like it because I *love* other frags that have been described as “medicinal” (Black Vines by Kerosene, and CK One Shock for Him), and I have always liked the smell of Tigers Balm, Vicks Vaporub, Ben Gay, Mentholatum, etc. But this isn’t like those, it’s too dry and bitter. In fact, once I get past that initial blast, it reminds me of Bvlgari Aqva Amara, which means “bitter water”. For some reason, dry frags never seem to perform well on my skin, and this includes Mechant Loup by L’Artisan, which features a wonderful hazelnut note. If you want something bitter, I think Aqva Amara smells better than Esprit du Tigre, although not very original or groundbreaking.
5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Not my cup of (camphor mint) tea...
I discovered in my queue a small sample of Heeley ESPRIT DU TIGRE (made smaller through evaporation) and decided that I'd give it a whirl before it ceases to exist, having dissipated forever into the vast cosmos.

The composition is fairly simple. I'd call it an aromatic woody, with a strong mint presence. The mint is so strong, in fact, that in undulating wafts I feel that I can taste it. The wood smells more like iso-E-super than vetiver to me. Perhaps that is present, too, but not listed among the notes since it's an aromachemical.

All in all, ESPRIT DU TIGRE is a pleasant wear, but not very exciting, and not something of which I'd really want a full bottle. This would probably work very well for guys looking for a light and refreshing high-quality woody cologne. The spices are not at all heavy, so don't be scared off by the clove, cardamom, and pepper listed among the notes. They are applied quite lightly in this composition, even in my sample, which is now at extrait concentration...

by Amazins
by Amazins
by tIgerknurren
by tIgerknurren

Popular Heeley

Sel Marin by Heeley Cardinal by Heeley Menthe Fraîche by Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur by Heeley Iris de Nuit by Heeley Coccobello by Heeley Hippie Rose by Heeley Note de Yuzu by Heeley Ophélia by Heeley Vetiver Veritas by Heeley L'Amandière by Heeley Verveine d'Eugène by Heeley Agarwoud by Heeley Esprit du Tigre by Heeley Chypre 21 by Heeley Figuier / Fig by Heeley Oranges and Lemons, say the Bells of St. Clement's by Heeley Bubblegum Chic by Heeley Phoenicia by Heeley Eau Sacrée by Heeley