Hippie Rose (2011)

Hippie Rose by Heeley

Hippie Rose is a perfume by Heeley for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-green. It is still in production.

James Heeley

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamot, Moss, Pink pepper, Green leaves
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Haitian vetiver, Frankincense

Submitted by Aquila2110, last update on 22.05.2019

7.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Post Hippie Time
I didn't experience the real hippie time, but in my youth I was eager to follow the playful look of my ancestors.

I was happy to browse in second hand shops for fringed jackets and long floral flutter dresses.
In addition a nice hat and patchouli oil from the India Shop.

The clique was peace-moving, and demos were not omitted.

Make Love - not War is still my motto.

Therefore I was glad that my dear friend sent me to the Whitsun Hippie Rose.

The fragrance is really very peaceful with the soft rose and the deep patchouli.
And the incense also gives him a certain sentiment.

I want to get the guitar out and : Tell me where they are flowers - sing in.
A song that also fits into today's turbulent times.
Like the scent.

He has something gathering, retrospective to indulge in
2.0/10

Patchouli Rose
I like my rose to be strikingly feminine and real, straightforward. Hippie rose is not that scent. In fact, after smelling HIPPIE ROSE, I took note of the "notes," and told myself "Okay, at least now I know. No patchouli." So, there it is.
5.0 7.5 8.0/10

Coutureguru
The sophisticated beatnik ...
I have a friend who lives in Monaco and frequents a well known niche perfumery there. This one was suggested for me by the owner, who happens to know that I am a mad Rose lover :). It was a really good call because Heeley's Hippie Rose fills a small gap in my collection very nicely.

I generally dread Patchouli (and more so when combined with musk), but that combination is beautifully controlled here, allowing the gorgeous Rose to take 'headliner' position in this very sophisticated creation.
Hippie Rose opens with a fresh, almost mentholated burst before it quickly subsides into a well rounded bouquet of red Roses, subtly dirtied up by the Patchouli ... almost as if one can still smell the wet ground under the bush from which they were pruned. A subtle smokiness becomes evident as it develops ... but nothing detracts in any way from the central theme of the flowers.
When one thinks of hippies, lank, greasy hair and unwashed denim unsuccessfully covered by the smell of patchouli oil is the picture that springs to mind. In that regard, Hippie Rose pays homage to a perfect memory of the intention of that movement, not to the actual situation. This fragrance is unconventional in the way that free thinking once was, while still creating an aura of subtle sophistication.

Those looking for a 'dirty' rose or something with a bit of punch will be disappointed with Hippie Rose. I do suggest, however, to spend a little time with this gem. There are shadowy secrets here that will unfold on the skin.
7.5 7.5 7.5 4.0/10

Drseid
What Were They Smoking When Heeley Released *This*?!?...
Hippie Rose opens with a blast of bergamot, before moving quickly to the heart notes consisting of patchouli and rose with a green grass undertone. I actually get more patchouli than rose, but both certainly are co-stars. Base notes feature the remnants of the patchouli and rose combo, with moss and vetiver joining them. Projection is above average, with above average longevity.

I went into trying Hippie Rose with high expectations. The scent has been compared to my favorite scent, Portrait of a Lady, and has many of the same notes... Alas, Hippie Rose is not like Portrait of a Lady to my nose at all, and I actually find it somewhat insulting to that great scent to even compare the two. This one is watery, with an almost Chap-stick like accord that features a lot of patchouli and rose. The rose does not smell real to me here at all. I just can't get into it, and I don't want to smell like a faux rose tinged Chap-stick balm all day; my guess is few would. What was Heeley smoking when they released this one? Definitely not recommended. 2 out of 5 stars.
7.5 7.5 8.0/10

A well-blended and lovely patchouli rose
The name of Heeley HIPPIE ROSE led me naturally to expect that this would be a patchouli bomb. (I'm probably still reeling from my experience of Lush KARMA.) In fact, this is an exceptionally well-blended and well-behaved patchouli rose. In contrast to Malle PORTRAIT OF A LADY and Juliette has a gun VENGEANCE EXTREME, this creation, HIPPIE ROSE, despite its name, is a patchouli rose perfume which I would be able to wear comfortably in public settings without worrying about drawing unwanted attention to myself.

The difference lies in part, I think, in the sweetness level. I do not detect vanilla here, and it is not listed among the notes. I also find that the rose is more important than the patchouli, so although there is a touch of hippie here, it's more like a trust-fund hippie who studied classical piano and was trained by a benevolent nanny or governess to abide by the mannered conventions of good society. This hippie is not wearing dirty jeans. Maybe they are jeans which have been dyed to look dirty, but really they are clean.

A very nice perfume, probably misnamed.
5.0 5.0 7.5 9.0/10

clean & fresh patchouli rose
One of my faivorites Rose patchuli.
HP is not dark but a happy and a sunny one.
Can it be ?
Maybe it is because of the Bergamot that the
Patchuli smells so fresh
and upbeat.
A touch of sweet a touch of sour.
Longevity is good-stays close to the skin.

by Rotkehlchen
by Amazins
by EauMySoul
by EauMySoul

Popular Heeley

Sel Marin by Heeley Cardinal by Heeley Menthe Fraîche by Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur by Heeley Iris de Nuit by Heeley Coccobello by Heeley Hippie Rose by Heeley Note de Yuzu by Heeley Ophélia by Heeley Vetiver Veritas by Heeley L'Amandière by Heeley Verveine d'Eugène by Heeley Agarwoud by Heeley Esprit du Tigre by Heeley Chypre 21 by Heeley Figuier / Fig by Heeley Oranges and Lemons, say the Bells of St. Clement's by Heeley Bubblegum Chic by Heeley Phoenicia by Heeley Eau Sacrée by Heeley