L'Amandière (2011)

L'Amandière by Heeley

L'Amandière is a popular perfume by Heeley for women and was released in 2011. The scent is green-floral. It is still in production.

James Heeley

Green almond, Hyacinth, Jasmine, Rose, Linden blossom

Submitted by SusiSimpel, last update on 23.05.2019

8.0 6.0 9.0 10.0/10

IamCraving
Stumbled and bitten into the grass
In a small, fine perfumery in Berlin I was pushed into the grass.
The thrust was a pleasure, a bounce in the belly, a listening before the moment of the fall, before nature was very close. In an often monotonous landscape you like to stumble, that helps you to new perspectives. Everything that breaks the old, the transparent, astonishes and astonishes, causes movement, touch and friction, I perceive as a blessing, an impulse and a preliminary step to art.
L'Amandière has done all this, first it has torn me out of my lethargy and thrown me to the ground. Then it outraged me, excited me. Then I had to laugh, and finally I was very touched by what was lying on my arm.
The tripping and happy, free feeling of falling came from the round, stunning scent composition that bombards the opening of L'Amandière. The ball starts with a punch line, which is expected much later with most perfumes. An abundance of green, blooming nature that seems to jump out of a cool clearing behind an almond tree and frighten the lucky fragrant. So much juiciness without blurred outlines, with on the contrary downright uplifting clarity, I am surprised, excited, puzzled, slipped. The indignation came after the fall. There I was, smelling the causer a second time. It shot me in the head again and I couldn't believe what had changed so suddenly. It was as if I inhaled a plate-sized lake of cold-pressed, gold-green olive oil. Nothing else I could perceive in this second and the smoothness of this familiar, intense fragrance, if I had stood upright, would have made me feel gravity a second time. I was also talking about the absurdity of the expensive olive oil that was suddenly there. Then I understood the humour of my counterpart, whose greenish-gourman-like facet, cheering for the successful fright, slowly disappeared into the forest again and made room for a new unexpected visitor. He had surrounded me the whole time, but I hadn't smelled the meadow from all the blades of grass. Freshly crocheted, bleeding deep green, the heavenly smell of the grass poured itself into the moment and gave me (who not?!) a wonderfully aching nostalgia. In the background the almond and lime trees sweetened our mutual recognition, perfect harmony prevailed on the quiet meadow.
5.0 2.5 2.5 7.0/10

L'Amandière
Opens with crisp green notes layered over a base of musky rose and powdery almond. The opening (dewy/grassy) reminds me of La Tulipe by Byredo, whereas the heart (leafy/soapy) reminds me more of Green by Byredo. As the notes bloom on my skin the scent transitions from a fresh to a dry green, but it retains its subtle touch of almond-laced rose at the base (reminiscent of P.Generale's Tonkamande). The fragrance is truly a joy to wear; its only shortcoming is that it stays too close to the skin.
2.0/10

Bed Linen
I smell spring sheets. That Lily-of-the-valley type of spring (only it's not in the notes, so it's likely the hyacinth). L'Amandiere smells of bed linens that have been sprayed to smell of spring, when everyone is sick of winter and wishes spring would arrive already. It clears your nasal passages.

This is a polite lady who wears flats and twin sweater sets.

by Freshdennis
by Spuki
by Süchtig
by Süchtig

Popular Heeley

Sel Marin by Heeley Cardinal by Heeley Menthe Fraîche by Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur by Heeley Iris de Nuit by Heeley Coccobello by Heeley Hippie Rose by Heeley Note de Yuzu by Heeley Ophélia by Heeley Vetiver Veritas by Heeley L'Amandière by Heeley Verveine d'Eugène by Heeley Agarwoud by Heeley Esprit du Tigre by Heeley Chypre 21 by Heeley Figuier / Fig by Heeley Oranges and Lemons, say the Bells of St. Clement's by Heeley Bubblegum Chic by Heeley Phoenicia by Heeley Eau Sacrée by Heeley