Note de Yuzu 2017

Note de Yuzu by Heeley
Note de Yuzu is a popular perfume by Heeley for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production.

James Heeley

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Mandarin orange, Yuzu
Heart Notes Heart NotesAlgae, Sea salt
Base Notes Base NotesHaitian vetiver, White musk

Submitted by Consens, last update on 11.09.2020.

This fragrance has been created by James Heeley for the french music und fashion label Maison Kitsuné.

DarkWinterCS
Fresh, fruity, delicious ?
Note de Yuzu, a fragrance that has haunted me since my early days at Parfumo, flashing into my field of vision again and again. I remember very well when I made my first inquiries in the fragrance consulting and was actively looking for fresh scents, that's what I was called. Even when searching in already answered scent requests the name Note de Yuzu appeared more often, as some of them probably had quite good experiences here. Actually, it was then burnt into my memory and could not be solved until today, until I finally had my own sample in front of my nose. Since I had no experience with Yuzu myself - neither in the form of fragrances nor as an actual fruit - I was curious to see what effect the freshness would have. The fruit is said to have a certain bitterness, which can come across very well in fragrances. In the case of Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune, I liked the bitterness so much that the fragrance almost slipped into my collection.

In terms of bitterness, it is also quite interesting that our nutritional properties have been conditioned by industry to such an extent that hardly any bitter foods play a role in our lives. Since we are now trimmed down to a diet based on sweet, salty and spicy foods, some people can no longer cope with bitter foods, although bitter foods are positive for the body. In this respect, younger people in particular no longer know bitterness from products, as well as from fragrances. Bitter is a wonderful component that has been wrongly conditioned out of us. This already gives off a great freshness that plays off the normal and mainstream fragrance creations.

This Heely x Maison Kitsune now takes advantage of the bitter characteristics of yuzu and grapefruit and proudly presents us a fine newcomer that is already delicious. You can feel this dry bitterness on your arm and enjoy it very much. It's also great to see that these notes are not artificially influenced by other ingredients that can distort the fragrance. No woods that could have a dull-creamy effect, no exaggerated fruitiness that should soften the whole thing. Simply bitterness at the start. Gradually, soft and soapy vetiver is added, which ensures that the fragrance does not flatten too quickly and destroy the scent. But it is this soapiness that does not suit me. Here it stays in the background, but I can perceive it to the extent that it disturbs my nose.

However, this enhances the shelf life by a few hours and breathes life into the fragrance to an extent that other newborns cannot. The sillage is quite pronounced especially in the first hour and throws the bitter notes lavishly around. This way, even at the highest temperatures, the wearer can enjoy the fragrance without having to take the bottle with him or her and without being afraid of not being able to hear the scent.

The fragrance is in my final evaluation one that I really liked to test. Both the great freshness and the bitter-bitter notes are very pleasant for the nose. However, the fragrance will not be one for my collection, because the light soapy note in the background will put me off But it is a candidate that should be tested to get a taste of a slightly different newbie and a bitterness.
Make my Day
Can a fragrance turn the day around? Shadows become light. Frustration becomes desire. Convulsion becomes dance. The sun shines on a rainy day. For me, a Felix Felicis of scents. Because I am a sour citric fragrance fan and my body and mind lets the endorphins dance, Note de Yuzu is the king of the perfume shelf. Here the Yuzu fruit is surrounded by ingenious supporters who tickle the potential of the Japanese fruit even more. Grapefruit adds another facet to the bitter note and mandarin orange enhances the fruity note of Yuzu. Salt and algae make the fragrance a bit brittle and tart. But that is not a disadvantage for me. The fragrance becomes more durable and more profound. Musk gives the substructure which does not dominate the fragrance at the end but simply rounds it off. But it always remains the Yuzu fruit of the clock and who likes citric, fresh and tart will love this fragrance. Just a real lucky charm for good and bad days !
Sel Marin vs. Mandarino di Amalfi
Heeley - A great brand of perfumer James Heeley from England, who produces with the brand Heeley in France. Some beautiful creations this brand offers and for niche conditions not crassly overpriced. Regularly they cost 130 euros the EdPs and Extrait de Parfum around 150 euros. Not cheap, but acceptable. I already have one in my collection: Sel Marin. A great authentic aquat. With this Note de Yuzu I have another candidate for purchase, which might end up in my collection. Whether it will happen this year is questionable, but maybe next year as well
This fragrance is an eau de parfum. On the label and in shops you can find Maison Kitsune x Heeley. Seems to be a fashion label from France.
The Heeley flacons are very classic and make a noble impression. Great lid and beautiful glass.

As I already wrote in my headline: This is a fruity-citric fragrance with a concentrated charge of salty aquatic notes. This mix doesn't really give you that twin-scented feeling, but if you like the two fragrances mentioned, you'll probably like this one too. The comparison to Mandarino di Amalfi by Tom Ford is only about the beautiful top note, because from the heart note on the orange blossom starts and from then on has nothing to do with this fragrance.
The start is very strong and somehow also spicy. That settles quickly and there is a great freshness. Like the pyramid already says: Yuzu, tangerine and grapefruit. Fruity, citric-fresh, tart but also juicy. I can recommend Yuzu to everyone, also in other creations. A great fruit from the Far East. The aquatic side dishes remind me a lot of Sel Marin. Salty, algal and authentically aquatic. The aquatic doesn't smell like many shower gel scents, but as if you were at the sea or the ocean and smell a nice fresh breeze. I really like this mix of authentic aquatic and fresh, tangy and juicy citric. Harmonises and stands out from the usual summer styles.
Performance is all right, especially for a summer scent. Sort of like Sel Marin for a few hours with decent sillage. Recommendable. Well suited for summer leisure activities with lots of good mood vibe.

Hardly recommended by me. The rating of over 8 is completely justified here. A great fragrance that stands out and accompanies great on warm days

Heeeeeeeeee... Low in citrus ;-D
Hey man... who left all the squeezed and cut shells on the floor? i've heard of cleaning up and clearing away!!!???? :-{
There you can hurt yourself at verletzeeeeeeeeeaaahhhhhhhh... Oh Oh... i'm slipping... full of slimy and greasy, juicy here... hmpf :-/
...OUUUUUUUAAAAAHHHHHH... Heeeeeeeeee... i slide in the direction of the barrel over there... full of freshly cut yuzus and grapefruits... OH... in between I can still recognize some tangerines... man... this is gonna be more of a flathead... and then Koppüber rrrrrinn into the barrel... i threaten to drown, gasp for air, everywhere the juice and lots of pulp and peels...

...BUT HEEEEEEEYYYY... I like that... always better!!!! ...it's totally long here!!!! :-)

Uhhhhh... why is the barrel moving now??? ...where are you taking me???? Hellooooooooooooo... i'm still stuck here drihiiiiinn... splashy
What was that??? Am I swimming???? Why am I swimming??? It swings so... i think I'm going to get seasick... oh oh... what's spilling into the barrel??? Panic "in" my FassTitanic is spreading... is that water???? Seawater???? I can't really smell it with all the citrus scents... but I think it's seawater... salty and algae, but very discreetly algae... not like brackish water in the harbour, but beautiful, like on the open sea!!!
Fortunately there is not much spilling into the barrel, so there is no danger of drowning... provided that no iceberg gets in my way!!! ;-)
Let's see where I'll be driven in the next 7-8 hours... in here you could also hold out for a while longer... :-)

...but something's missing... what's wrong with me??? hmmmmm... so I have salt... and citrus... grübääääääää

All right... which one of you dweebs forgot the tequila!!!???? ;-D

In this sense a fun cruise and PROOOOOST ;-)
That's great!
I'm just discovering Heeley! Of all the tested ones, there is no outlier to the bottom yet.

We're dealing with a classic summer scent here, but a really great one! Not just "boring" citric, or aquatic. Often summer scents are quite linear. This one opens its doors with a sauleckeren Yuzu-Grapefruitnote, something salty in the background. This note is then taken over by the sceptre, which remains citric in the background. Until the rhombic fruit is completely overwhelmed by the waves.
And it stops! Without having a crushing Sillage!
It all smells pretty natural too! Not crude synthetic, which one often encounters.
More like a day on the beach with freshly squeezed citrus juice.
Sprayed on, transferred to summer!
Guys, buy the "horny shit"!:)
9 times Yes
Yes I see myself with this scent going through Mediterranean towns
Yes I see myself with this scent sitting on the beach and looking at the sea
Yes I see myself working and playing with this scent in the garden
Yes, I can imagine spraying this scent on paper and fanning it at me for refreshment
Yes, he'll put a soft smile on my face.
Yes he lets me take a deep breath
Yes, it develops a little bit all the time, I like that generally in fragrances
Yes I think I have found a buyer for the summer.
Yes he is angry, but so much at the beginning that it makes it funny.
No I don't like that he sometimes reminds of lemonade with bath cleaner

9 times yes
1 time no

Scent = 9 ;)
Leimbacher
In contrast, the sun acts like a light bulb
"Note de Yuzu" begins monothematically, with the most authentic Yuzu note ever poured into a fragrance, then swims away in cold, clear seawater. Another scoop from Heeley. Simple and super strong!

There is not too much to write about it - this first hour of Yuzu you simply have to smell to believe it. This is sun and fruit and pure sparkling. That makes you in a good mood, looks extremely high quality and scratches zero. Afterwards, with the loose sound of the sea, one does not have to worry about algae and salt chords, they remain discreet and pleasant. All in all a full-grown Yuzu hero, who even on the dreariest winter days is able to take his mind off to midsummer, vacation-ready regions. Awesome! Even Atelier Cologne has to dress up warm... or the bikini on and just plan on it.

Flacon: the spray heads are still moderate, the rest fits
Sillage: ok for the summer, too weak for the rest. Enough for midsummer.
Durability: 5 hours sunglasses and juice shutters

Conclusion: you can't hit the Yuzu much better - sunny, juicy, sensual. Simply fabulous!
AnjaTom
Grapefruit juice on the quay? Yes, that's exactly what it is!!
I can only join my dear colleague PBregivich here. There is no better way to describe the fragrance with 3 words.
With note de Yuzu it was similar as with Sel Marin with me a somewhat longer back and forth.
Because I didn't get along with the algae note in both scents at the beginning, I was looking for similar scents without this algae note (e.g. Eau du Levant).
Later it was exactly this algae/ salty note that I missed and I realized that this is the note that makes up the fragrance!
In Note de Yuzu the Yuzu-Vetiver-Kombi kills you a bit at the beginning, but that quickly subsides and then the Yuzu becomes a lemony offshoot of Sel Marin with backed algae and more citric freshness!
Independent, but reminiscent of Sel Marin.
Purely related to the fruity top note, this could also be a "Atelier Cologne" fragrance, but the rest quickly goes in the typical Heeley direction!
Yuzu-Yuzu has a very pleasant freshness, smells (if you can describe it that way) like an extremely fruity lemon, not like a sour lemon. It is a much more complex aroma than lemon. Therefore it is also used in the kitchen.
Yeah, I could get used to that fragrance. Is that the successor to the bergamot? I don't know, but it's good!
In short, the 2 fragrances from Heeley that made it into my collection. Enough to stand next to Sel Marin's husband, Bravo!
A word about shelf life and Sillange: Great! (8)

Would I recommend a purchase? Depends. You don't need it if you own Sel Marin! But it's not a mistake either. When you get there cheaply: knock down.

Yuzu-Yuzu, have the honor...
DonJuanDeCat
Yuzu by the sea stares at beautiful legs!
Aaaah, what a day the other day. It was warm. And it was damp, which makes warm days a little more exhausting somehow. But still I was looking forward to this day, because I met again with a super nice and funny perfume to sniff out scents together. Hm,... you may remember how I often wrote (or rather complained) that I always find so sad that she never shows up with shorts :D
But now it was really so hot that she actually came in a skirt, what a sight that was! :DD

But hey, I wore shorts, too, after all. And also showed more leg. Beautiful, slightly hairy, more and more tanned by the sun, well-shaped muscular male legs! So enjoy these magnificent legs, you gawkers, I often write here how great your women's legs are, so it's only fair if you find my legs also horny... um,... beautiful (even if they shouldn't look nearly as aesthetic on photos as women's legs)! :DD

Anyway, today I tested the note de Yuzu again, after I noticed this fragrance so positively recently and I had tested it for the first time at a meeting with the beautiful-legged Parfuma :D
Especially the top note I find absolutely awesome, especially on such hot days like now (so as usual now, just ignore the few days of rain, because it will soon get very hot again). And although the rest of the scent is a little bit inconspicuous, it reminds us of... how could it be any other way,... of great holiday resorts by the sea!

The fragrance:
In principle, the fragrance begins as you can read in the top note here in the fragrance pyramid. So citric notes that come across extremely fresh and lively. I would say that you can best smell the grapefruit underneath. Since the top note is so tangy, I think it stands out from most citric scents at the beginning. While most good fragrances might make you think how great and fresh the beginning would be, here you are absolutely blown away. Well, I was overwhelmed!!
Unfortunately, the top note doesn't last forever. In the next 15 minutes it goes down more and more and is replaced more and more by maritime notes. The transition from the citric scents to the maritime notes is not seamless, instead it smells slightly smoky in between, before the fragrance gets a slightly fishy old note (I don't mean that in the stinking, negative sense). Gradually this smoke disappears and also the fish smell becomes smaller, whereby it remains however still a little algig. Nevertheless, the fragrance becomes slightly saltier over time and is thus reminiscent of the sea. The citrus notes are still present, but this is more like afterglow from the background.
Sweetish the smell is despite musk rather small to actually not at all.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is wow at short notice as the citric notes radiate well. However, this lasts only five or ten minutes and then the scent quickly weakens so that it can only be perceived at close range.
The shelf life is about six to eight hours, but I find that after about three to four hours it becomes quite weak, almost close to the body, as you often say here.

The bottle:
The bottle is cylindrical and has a large label with yellow edges, which suitably appear quite "fresh". The name of the fragrance can be seen on it, whereby the "o" of the "note" looks like a musical note, since the fragrance was designed for the label Maison Kitsuné, which is also a music label. The lid is black and cylindrical. Something simple, but at least nice to look at, and it also lies well in the hand.

Soo, I really liked the smell. I really flashed the top note because of the great citrusiness, but I also liked the maritime notes, even if they should be a little bit inconspicuous on the skin and could therefore stand a little more "pep". However, if you want to enjoy the great top note, you would theoretically have to spray it every 30-60 minutes, whereby the bottle would unfortunately be empty quite quickly. This problem is similar to the Hermès fragrance with the also very tasty and refreshing top note: Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate. Because also the Hermès fragrance has a damn great beginning, and unfortunately disappeared in the next moment, while the rest is beautiful, but not so outstandingly exciting (but as I said, beautiful nevertheless).
This means that for me here at Heeley the purchase of a whole bottle is not really worthwhile. Maybe at some point maybe a smaller version like 50 ml, but of course it would be great if there were 30 ml versions of the bottle as well...

Well, the fragrance has another nice advantage: apart from the great refreshment at the beginning, the later, maritime note reminds of the beautiful sea. But not during the swimming, but more so in the evenings, when one walks along the beach along the water, enjoys the cool water at the feet and lets the sky coloured red by the sunset have an effect on one. In addition one smells the algae from the water as well as the slightly salty air. Just beautiful! :)

Oh yes, with the Parfuma it was as always a nice "sniffing day". Of course it was also great that we were sitting at a small café afterwards, on chairs with backrests and seats made of braided materials, reminiscent of the bottles of John Varvatos' Artisan :D
The best part, of course, was leaving the café. When I got up the perfume showed a bit more thighs, which was of course a wonderful sight as always, mu ha ha ha :DD

...
*sigh*
The meeting is over and there they go, the beautiful pairs of legs that glitter sensually and beautifully in the evening sun, until they finally disappear into the depths of the underpass to the multi-storey car park. But it doesn't matter, because I have to go by train. And up to the station it is still a small way, which wants to be walked, where I see on this quite warm day on the way still various, further legs (and of course still more sigh)
PBregovich
Grapefruit juice at the quay
Having already drawn some parallels between citrus fruits and beaches with my commentary on Bvlgaris Aqva Amara, I also wanted to say a few words about Heeley's Note de Yuzu. At this point thanks to Parfumo, who kindly sent me a sample.

The opening of Note de Yuzu is extremely lively and fruity. The nose is filled with an acidic and very authentic citrus bomb, from which I can extract the strongest grapefruit. Acid, but also slightly bitter, this top note reminds of grapefruit juice and tangerine peels. Unfortunately I don't know the Yuzu fruit itself and therefore I can't estimate how strong you can smell it. Based on her name I assume that she plays a not too small role in this opening This glass full of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice is then underlined by a heart note reminiscent of the sea. During breakfast on the terrace of the hotel directly at the quay you can feel how the air carries the smell of the sea. On the one hand one smells the salt, of which there is a lot (Mediterranean level), but on the other hand also a lot of algae. The Meeresassoziation therefore paints the image of an urban quay rather than that of a remote sandy beach. This heart note reminds me strongly of another fragrance from Heeley: Sel Marin (which I was also able to test thanks to the same perfume). Only the overall composition of Note de Yuzu is a little softer in its interpretation of a sea scent and concentrates more on the citrus fruits. Also here rather Mediterranean Sea than Baltic Sea.

The Sillage is with this smell rather weak, which does not have to be however necessarily bad. It's an unobtrusive summer scent. I could imagine going back to work after a two-week vacation, longing for the lazy, sunny days that have been replaced by the office's LED lights. At regular intervals you spray a little Note de Yuzu on your skin to eliminate the smell of coffee, printer toner and the Invictus wearing trainee. A stealthy moment that belongs only to yourself, that you don't want to share with the employees. For a few minutes, one is back on the sunny park bench, where after breakfast, one has had a look over the sea and filled up with vitamin D. The sun is shining and the sun is shining. Where you took a deep breath and thought this was the perfect moment.
However it is with Note de Yuzu exactly the same as with the vacation: unfortunately much too fast past! The durability is just as limited as the Sillage and in my opinion would not last for the whole working day. So you better get used to the smell of the workplace. After all, you have to earn your holiday somehow.

And now enough dreaming, back to work!

ItchynoseItchynose 16 months ago
Marine lemons, the taste of licking salt after a tequila shot.

heeley - note de yuzu: it can’t get fresher than that! :)
by Felsn
by Rivegauche
by Rivegauche
by Beftus
by Beftus
by Zauber600
by Zauber600

Popular Heeley

Cardinal by Heeley Sel Marin by Heeley Vetiver Veritas by Heeley Phoenicia by Heeley Chypre 21 by Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur by Heeley L'Amandière (Extrait de Parfum) by Heeley Eau Sacrée by Heeley Menthe Fraîche by Heeley Hippie Rose by Heeley Iris de Nuit by Heeley Verveine d'Eugène by Heeley Blanc Poudre by Heeley Agarwoud by Heeley Zeste de Gingembre by Heeley Esprit du Tigre by Heeley Ophélia by Heeley Oranges and Lemons, say the Bells of St. Clement's by Heeley Figuier / Fig by Heeley Coccobello by Heeley