Note de Yuzu (2017)

Note de Yuzu by Heeley

Note de Yuzu is a popular perfume by Heeley for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production.

James Heeley

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Mandarin, Yuzu
Heart Notes Heart NotesAlgae, Sea salt
Base Notes Base NotesHaitian vetiver, White musk

Submitted by Consens, last update on 17.06.2019

This fragrance has been created by James Heeley for the french music und fashion label Maison Kitsuné.

That's great!
I'm just discovering Heeley! Of all the tested ones, there is no outlier to the bottom yet.

We're dealing with a classic summer scent here, but a really great one! Not just "boring" citric, or aquatic. Often summer scents are quite linear. This one opens its doors with a sauleckeren Yuzu-Grapefruitnote, something salty in the background. This note is then taken over by the sceptre, which remains citric in the background. Until the rhombic fruit is completely overwhelmed by the waves.
And it stops! Without having a crushing Sillage!
It all smells pretty natural too! Not crude synthetic, which one often encounters.
More like a day on the beach with freshly squeezed citrus juice.
Sprayed on, transferred to summer!
Guys, buy the "horny shit"!:)
6.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

Up and away
If you are not a friend of citric scents, if you feel reminded every time of WC Cleaner and if you think only girls wear it, then there is nothing for you to see here.

But if you know how great citric can be, how much your nose dances with Hesperidic highlights, how refreshing it is on warm and even hot days, then listen to me for a moment.

In principle, I don't feel like writing much at the moment. The last few days have been stirring here for various reasons to simply address it and just today I experienced here again a splendid specimen from newer generation, which went me with his ignorance and view terribly on the piss. Some are so stupid, they can't dump a boot with water, even if the manual is on the sole
But I write. And why is that? Because I can. But not just because of that. But because this fragrance grounded me again and took me on a journey. It won't take long this time either.

I have to write this because I sprayed this fragrance on myself today. Oh, what do I say... I sprayed myself the summer!
Before I miss the right words, I want to have them written down briefly.

It doesn't begin with the finest citric, with bitter grapefruit and sour yuzu, no, it doesn't begin, it reveals itself, so to speak. You think you just sliced one of the two fruits open and this aroma surrounds you totally.
In the course of time a breath of aquatics blows into it, which I find far more beautiful here, however, than with typical aquatics, just because it is a breath. A little salty, a little greener. A fresh mandarin mixes with it and gives off a touch of sweetness. You sit at the beach bar and look out at the sea, you can breathe some of this salty air, taste it, almost everything there. You just don't get tanned. Who complains here more development may look for something else. Sillagen friends are also not satisfied here, this fragrance is mostly only for you and not for the marquee of Cirkus Krone.

I've been wearing it for a few hours now, it's slowly going back to normal now.

This fragrance has freed, it has done well to escape once. Leaving everything behind for a moment. To drift and to let go well. I think he's great. Summer, sun and the sea, it's all been there.

Exactly today, on a day when I wasn't feeling so well, when I was worried about here and now, when I had to get angry about stupidity and ignorance again, he just grabbed me and took me with him. Up and away!
Reality is catching up with you much too fast anyway and I thank the dear Cafenoir for the rehearsal.

I think I need Mee(h)r.
8.0 6.0 7.0 9.5/10

9 times Yes
Yes I see myself with this scent going through Mediterranean towns
Yes I see myself with this scent sitting on the beach and looking at the sea
Yes I see myself working and playing with this scent in the garden
Yes, I can imagine spraying this scent on paper and fanning it at me for refreshment
Yes, he'll put a soft smile on my face.
Yes he lets me take a deep breath
Yes, it develops a little bit all the time, I like that generally in fragrances
Yes I think I have found a buyer for the summer.
Yes he is angry, but so much at the beginning that it makes it funny.
No I don't like that he sometimes reminds of lemonade with bath cleaner

9 times yes
1 time no

Scent = 9 ;)
8.0 5.0 6.0 9.0/10

Leimbacher
In contrast, the sun acts like a light bulb
"Note de Yuzu" begins monothematically, with the most authentic Yuzu note ever poured into a fragrance, then swims away in cold, clear seawater. Another scoop from Heeley. Simple and super strong!

There is not too much to write about it - this first hour of Yuzu you simply have to smell to believe it. This is sun and fruit and pure sparkling. That makes you in a good mood, looks extremely high quality and scratches zero. Afterwards, with the loose sound of the sea, one does not have to worry about algae and salt chords, they remain discreet and pleasant. All in all a full-grown Yuzu hero, who even on the dreariest winter days is able to take his mind off to midsummer, vacation-ready regions. Awesome! Even Atelier Cologne has to dress up warm... or the bikini on and just plan on it.

Flacon: the spray heads are still moderate, the rest fits
Sillage: ok for the summer, too weak for the rest. Enough for midsummer.
Durability: 5 hours sunglasses and juice shutters

Conclusion: you can't hit the Yuzu much better - sunny, juicy, sensual. Simply fabulous!
9.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

AnjaTom
Grapefruit juice on the quay? Yes, that's exactly what it is!!
I can only join my dear colleague PBregivich here. There is no better way to describe the fragrance with 3 words.
With note de Yuzu it was similar as with Sel Marin with me a somewhat longer back and forth.
Because I didn't get along with the algae note in both scents at the beginning, I was looking for similar scents without this algae note (e.g. Eau du Levant).
Later it was exactly this algae/ salty note that I missed and I realized that this is the note that makes up the fragrance!
In Note de Yuzu the Yuzu-Vetiver-Kombi kills you a bit at the beginning, but that quickly subsides and then the Yuzu becomes a lemony offshoot of Sel Marin with backed algae and more citric freshness!
Independent, but reminiscent of Sel Marin.
Purely related to the fruity top note, this could also be a "Atelier Cologne" fragrance, but the rest quickly goes in the typical Heeley direction!
Yuzu-Yuzu has a very pleasant freshness, smells (if you can describe it that way) like an extremely fruity lemon, not like a sour lemon. It is a much more complex aroma than lemon. Therefore it is also used in the kitchen.
Yeah, I could get used to that fragrance. Is that the successor to the bergamot? I don't know, but it's good!
In short, the 2 fragrances from Heeley that made it into my collection. Enough to stand next to Sel Marin's husband, Bravo!
A word about shelf life and Sillange: Great! (8)

Would I recommend a purchase? Depends. You don't need it if you own Sel Marin! But it's not a mistake either. When you get there cheaply: knock down.

Yuzu-Yuzu, have the honor...
6.0 4.0 6.0 8.5/10

DonJuanDeCat
Yuzu by the sea stares at beautiful legs!
Aaaah, what a day the other day. It was warm. And it was damp, which makes warm days a little more exhausting somehow. But still I was looking forward to this day, because I met again with a super nice and funny perfume to sniff out scents together. Hm,... you may remember how I often wrote (or rather complained) that I always find so sad that she never shows up with shorts :D
But now it was really so hot that she actually came in a skirt, what a sight that was! :DD

But hey, I wore shorts, too, after all. And also showed more leg. Beautiful, slightly hairy, more and more tanned by the sun, well-shaped muscular male legs! So enjoy these magnificent legs, you gawkers, I often write here how great your women's legs are, so it's only fair if you find my legs also horny... um,... beautiful (even if they shouldn't look nearly as aesthetic on photos as women's legs)! :DD

Anyway, today I tested the note de Yuzu again, after I noticed this fragrance so positively recently and I had tested it for the first time at a meeting with the beautiful-legged Parfuma :D
Especially the top note I find absolutely awesome, especially on such hot days like now (so as usual now, just ignore the few days of rain, because it will soon get very hot again). And although the rest of the scent is a little bit inconspicuous, it reminds us of... how could it be any other way,... of great holiday resorts by the sea!

The fragrance:
In principle, the fragrance begins as you can read in the top note here in the fragrance pyramid. So citric notes that come across extremely fresh and lively. I would say that you can best smell the grapefruit underneath. Since the top note is so tangy, I think it stands out from most citric scents at the beginning. While most good fragrances might make you think how great and fresh the beginning would be, here you are absolutely blown away. Well, I was overwhelmed!!
Unfortunately, the top note doesn't last forever. In the next 15 minutes it goes down more and more and is replaced more and more by maritime notes. The transition from the citric scents to the maritime notes is not seamless, instead it smells slightly smoky in between, before the fragrance gets a slightly fishy old note (I don't mean that in the stinking, negative sense). Gradually this smoke disappears and also the fish smell becomes smaller, whereby it remains however still a little algig. Nevertheless, the fragrance becomes slightly saltier over time and is thus reminiscent of the sea. The citrus notes are still present, but this is more like afterglow from the background.
Sweetish the smell is despite musk rather small to actually not at all.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is wow at short notice as the citric notes radiate well. However, this lasts only five or ten minutes and then the scent quickly weakens so that it can only be perceived at close range.
The shelf life is about six to eight hours, but I find that after about three to four hours it becomes quite weak, almost close to the body, as you often say here.

The bottle:
The bottle is cylindrical and has a large label with yellow edges, which suitably appear quite "fresh". The name of the fragrance can be seen on it, whereby the "o" of the "note" looks like a musical note, since the fragrance was designed for the label Maison Kitsuné, which is also a music label. The lid is black and cylindrical. Something simple, but at least nice to look at, and it also lies well in the hand.

Soo, I really liked the smell. I really flashed the top note because of the great citrusiness, but I also liked the maritime notes, even if they should be a little bit inconspicuous on the skin and could therefore stand a little more "pep". However, if you want to enjoy the great top note, you would theoretically have to spray it every 30-60 minutes, whereby the bottle would unfortunately be empty quite quickly. This problem is similar to the Hermès fragrance with the also very tasty and refreshing top note: Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate. Because also the Hermès fragrance has a damn great beginning, and unfortunately disappeared in the next moment, while the rest is beautiful, but not so outstandingly exciting (but as I said, beautiful nevertheless).
This means that for me here at Heeley the purchase of a whole bottle is not really worthwhile. Maybe at some point maybe a smaller version like 50 ml, but of course it would be great if there were 30 ml versions of the bottle as well...

Well, the fragrance has another nice advantage: apart from the great refreshment at the beginning, the later, maritime note reminds of the beautiful sea. But not during the swimming, but more so in the evenings, when one walks along the beach along the water, enjoys the cool water at the feet and lets the sky coloured red by the sunset have an effect on one. In addition one smells the algae from the water as well as the slightly salty air. Just beautiful! :)

Oh yes, with the Parfuma it was as always a nice "sniffing day". Of course it was also great that we were sitting at a small café afterwards, on chairs with backrests and seats made of braided materials, reminiscent of the bottles of John Varvatos' Artisan :D
The best part, of course, was leaving the café. When I got up the perfume showed a bit more thighs, which was of course a wonderful sight as always, mu ha ha ha :DD

...
*sigh*
The meeting is over and there they go, the beautiful pairs of legs that glitter sensually and beautifully in the evening sun, until they finally disappear into the depths of the underpass to the multi-storey car park. But it doesn't matter, because I have to go by train. And up to the station it is still a small way, which wants to be walked, where I see on this quite warm day on the way still various, further legs (and of course still more sigh)
3.0 6.0 8.0/10

PBregovich
Grapefruit juice at the quay
Having already drawn some parallels between citrus fruits and beaches with my commentary on Bvlgaris Aqva Amara, I also wanted to say a few words about Heeley's Note de Yuzu. At this point thanks to Parfumo, who kindly sent me a sample.

The opening of Note de Yuzu is extremely lively and fruity. The nose is filled with an acidic and very authentic citrus bomb, from which I can extract the strongest grapefruit. Acid, but also slightly bitter, this top note reminds of grapefruit juice and tangerine peels. Unfortunately I don't know the Yuzu fruit itself and therefore I can't estimate how strong you can smell it. Based on her name I assume that she plays a not too small role in this opening This glass full of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice is then underlined by a heart note reminiscent of the sea. During breakfast on the terrace of the hotel directly at the quay you can feel how the air carries the smell of the sea. On the one hand one smells the salt, of which there is a lot (Mediterranean level), but on the other hand also a lot of algae. The Meeresassoziation therefore paints the image of an urban quay rather than that of a remote sandy beach. This heart note reminds me strongly of another fragrance from Heeley: Sel Marin (which I was also able to test thanks to the same perfume). Only the overall composition of Note de Yuzu is a little softer in its interpretation of a sea scent and concentrates more on the citrus fruits. Also here rather Mediterranean Sea than Baltic Sea.

The Sillage is with this smell rather weak, which does not have to be however necessarily bad. It's an unobtrusive summer scent. I could imagine going back to work after a two-week vacation, longing for the lazy, sunny days that have been replaced by the office's LED lights. At regular intervals you spray a little Note de Yuzu on your skin to eliminate the smell of coffee, printer toner and the Invictus wearing trainee. A stealthy moment that belongs only to yourself, that you don't want to share with the employees. For a few minutes, one is back on the sunny park bench, where after breakfast, one has had a look over the sea and filled up with vitamin D. The sun is shining and the sun is shining. Where you took a deep breath and thought this was the perfect moment.
However it is with Note de Yuzu exactly the same as with the vacation: unfortunately much too fast past! The durability is just as limited as the Sillage and in my opinion would not last for the whole working day. So you better get used to the smell of the workplace. After all, you have to earn your holiday somehow.

And now enough dreaming, back to work!

Itchynose 65 days ago

by Beftus
by Zauber600
by Zauber600

Popular Heeley

Sel Marin by Heeley Cardinal by Heeley Menthe Fraîche by Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur by Heeley Iris de Nuit by Heeley Coccobello by Heeley Hippie Rose by Heeley Note de Yuzu by Heeley Ophélia by Heeley Vetiver Veritas by Heeley L'Amandière by Heeley Verveine d'Eugène by Heeley Agarwoud by Heeley Esprit du Tigre by Heeley Chypre 21 by Heeley Figuier / Fig by Heeley Oranges and Lemons, say the Bells of St. Clement's by Heeley Bubblegum Chic by Heeley Phoenicia by Heeley Eau Sacrée by Heeley