Vanilla Flower

Vanilla Flower by Henri Bendel
Vanilla Flower is a perfume by Henri Bendel for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is gourmand-floral. The production was apparently discontinued.

Floral notes, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 05.05.2015.

A not-so-sweet vanilla
I am really enjoying this rather non-traditional spin on vanilla. Vanilla Flower is pleasantly unsweetened and subdued on my skin, delighting me rather than offending.

I am a huge fan of popular, non-sweet vanilla fragrances like Le Labo Vanille 44 and Annick Goutal's Vanille Exquise. Vanilla Flower joins this line up, making me question why I ever chose to wear sugary, vanilla gourmands in the first place.

This fragrance opens rather tart with rich vanilla and floral accords. The vanilla has a slightly sour edge, not unlike sour cream, but of course not as strong. The floral notes are dusty and dark. I am not entirely certain, but Sherapop may be correct in her assumption that it's primarily tobacco blossoms that feature here.

In retrospect, Vanilla Flower is more floral and powdery than sweet. I can't begin to explain how pleased I am with what appears to be a rather simplistic composition. Never has a vanilla fragrance blended so nicely on the skin. It is almost a welcomingly clean skin-scent.

Towards the drydown, Vanilla Flower becomes very powdery. At times it resembles the scent of baby wipes, but this doesn't bother me nearly as much as it sounds like it does. I was just a little disappointed that the dark florals and vanilla didn't stick around until the very end.

In regards to longevity I found it to last extremely well. Eight hours on, I am still enjoying its presence. I'm not sure as to whether Henri Bendel still sells Vanilla Flower, but it's worth a sniff if you manage to find a bottle.

Tobacco Blossom Vanilla ( to be more precise...)
Henri Bendel VANILLA FLOWER edt is a simple but very appealing vanilla fragrance featuring, I believe, tobacco blossoms and leaves along with a smooth, dark vanilla note. This is a scrumptious combination to my nose, and the tobacco really makes the composition stand out from the crowd--this is not another vanilla extract redux. Nor is this creation anything like Tom Ford TOBACCO VANILLA, which showcases pipe tobacco rather than the blossoms and leaves of the plant, which are central here.

Unlike many mainstream vanilla-rich fragrances, VANILLA FLOWER is not very sweet, so there is no risk whatsoever of lapsing into a diabetic coma. As this is neither a sugar bomb nor a big fat floral fragrance, I'm sure that many guys would like it as well.

My only concern is that this mildly addictive creation will not last very long, since I keep spraying more and more on. Of course, that's also good evidence that I really like it a lot, but I do wish that VANILLA FLOWER were available in edp concentration...

by Sherapop
by Sherapop

Popular Henri Bendel

Rose & Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Henri Bendel Jasmine & Tuberose by Henri Bendel Rare Mimosa by Henri Bendel Suite 712 by Henri Bendel