Country 1980Eau de Cologne

Country (Eau de Cologne) by Henry M. Betrix
Country (Eau de Cologne) is a popular perfume by Henry M. Betrix for men and was released in 1980. The scent is woody-spicy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Maurice Roucel

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Galbanum, Green notes, Marjoram, Juniper berry, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Clove, Patchouli, Pine needle, Thyme, Cedarwood, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Benzoin, Labdanum, Leather, Moss, Myrrh, Frankincense

Submitted by Alfi13, last update on 27.02.2020.

An obelisk for Henry's Country
Through a friend I came to this smell. "You do collect perfumes, don't you?" she said. And after a short break; "I have something for you... if you like it..."
She pulled a bottle out of her pocket, "Henry M. Betrix ...Country" was on it. Three quarters full 100 ml bottle. I sniffed at the spray head, smelled something spicy-woodsy..
Carefully, I sprayed on my wrist. And there he was! --- THE AHA effect -- "Smells great," I meant. "Oh, it's from my husband, found it in the closet, he hasn't taken it for a long time, you could have given it as a present". I didn't say no there. (Inside I rejoiced like a snow king...)
I thanked her and gave her a bottle of "Obelisk", which she likes to wear.
Later I went to the "real" testing, and what came to light was so wondrous and multi-layered that it made my nostrils vibrate.
At first, spicy green, herbal aromas flew against me, which appear warm and fresh at the same time. Galbanum, juniper and marjoram quite present.
Cloves come out. A hotspot of fragrance. Then pines and cedars, powerful green and coniferous. In addition, the breath of forest soil of the Patchouli and a trace of "warm sand" through cleverly placed cinnamon.
Then it becomes smoky and balsamic, without suppressing the "fornotes", but to fog them over. Yes ... like damp, spicy, smoky fog of a forest night.
Moss is illuminated by moonlight, which can still penetrate just so. Tree bark releases smoky flavors.
Ancient treetops rustle in the wind... Dreamcatcher in fragrance form.
The "Country" houses it in its flacon.
I'm thrilled!!!! And P. is pleased about "Obelisk", of which she can still have so many bottlings..

by PhilosHippos
by PhilosHippos

Popular Henry M. Betrix

City (Eau de Cologne) by Henry M. Betrix Nature (Eau de Toilette) by Henry M. Betrix Henry M. Betrix (Eau de Cologne) by Henry M. Betrix Party (Eau de Toilette) by Henry M. Betrix Soho (Eau de Toilette) by Henry M. Betrix Street Life (Eau de Toilette) by Henry M. Betrix Country (After Shave) by Henry M. Betrix