Amulet by Heretic Parfums

Amulet is a perfume by Heretic Parfums for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-green. It is still in production.

Douglas Little

Top Notes Top NotesGeranium, Mint, Cedar
Heart Notes Heart NotesBasil absolute
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Black tea absolute

Submitted by WiB, last update on 15.01.2019.

Mint and tea
The start of 'Amulet' is fresh, sweet and full of mint. But the sweetness soon fades and herbs come into play. But I can't determine dill or basil. 'Amulet' becomes almost unpleasant for me green and herbaceous.

This green and herbaceous note then remains for a good two hours determining the fragrance before floral notes turn the fragrance in another direction.

This direction is too flowery-sweet, strong black tea. I can't smell anything from the vetiver.

Then also hardly anything changes at the further smell process.

'Amulet' is not a good fragrance for me. The beginning is actually great, but the rest of the way is disappointing. The fragrance may be worn in autumn and spring, and since the Sillage is not big, as an office fragrance. The shelf life is about six hours.
Late Insights
The prelude is very slanted. The mint is played around in a strangely sweet and sour way and - as KingLui has already aptly stated - it actually smells like cucumber salad with dill. Quickly scratchy rose geranium pushes itself in and with it is...well, maybe not exactly "vinegar" with the cucumber salad, but anyway he is gone. Instead, a kind of anise breeze appears, which lingers quite clearly for an hour before it ends in a strangely metallic appearance.

And then 'Amulet' suddenly reminds me... 'Touaregh'? No. Yes. From afar. Touaregh' from Il Profvmo was my first comment here, my first "real" fragrance test ever, almost five years ago. Was that what was smelled at the time possibly rose geranium and not primarily laurel/muscat? That would be a late insight. It can be tested, because 'Touaregh' I have there. The parallel test, however, reveals a far greater distance than previously assumed. Mrs. Casolis work is warmer, spicier(!), rounder and more angular at the same time - and has in particular more class, in between lie worlds!

The candidate of today, on the other hand, is unfortunately a bit stubborn in his idiosyncratic composition. For example, the aniseed topic is not out of the running. My favourite colleague diagnosed Pastis spontaneously after two hours (ohauerha, that in the office...).

In the further course of the morning I ponder briefly about a contribution of Verbene. Until the olivetiverige appearance of (again Il Profvmos) 'Imprinting' occurs to me. Also one of my first fragrance tests. Looking back, I wonder if the "olive" mentioned there was made of verbena and vetiver. Late Insight No. 2, which a retest at least cannot refute. For this fragrance I say goodbye to the verbena idea, Casoli has a completely different caliber in every respect
Too good(?) Last but not least 'Amulet' seems to me to develop the appearance of a wormwood herb. Similar to 'Assenzio' by L'Erbolario? However, the sample of it has long since moved away, the impression must remain unchecked. Well, and after a slow five hours our Meanwhile-Martini is gone.

Conclusion: Seems a bit diced. For me the test of 'Amulet' was above all a reason to finally wear 'Touaregh' again. That speaks for itself.

I thank KingLui for the sample.

Addendum: 'Touaregh' - how could I ever want to sell you?!?

Popular Heretic Parfums

Poltergeist (Eau de Parfum) by Heretic Parfums Jasmine Smoke by Heretic Parfums Scandalwood by Heretic Parfums Holi Water by Heretic Parfums Blood Cedar (Eau de Parfum) by Heretic Parfums Dirty Ginger by Heretic Parfums Coeur Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Heretic Parfums Smudge by Heretic Parfums Pistil Whip by Heretic Parfums India Ink (Eau de Parfum) by Heretic Parfums