24, Faubourg (1995)Eau de Parfum

24, Faubourg (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès
Flacon Design: Serge Mansau
24, Faubourg (Eau de Parfum) (Hermès)
24, Faubourg (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Hermès for women and was released in 1995. The scent is flowery-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Hyacinth, Orange, Peach, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Iris, Jasmine, Orange blossom, Black elder
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 01.05.2017

Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Powerful lady
Here I am and I'm prepared to lead, seems to say this perfume. It fits strong leading woman but not ice cold rational ones but those ones that have a character and aren't afraid of their emotions. Bold and opulent white floral with a warm drydown and a big sillage. I prefer to limit to one spray when I wear this one, because maybe I'm not afraid of my emotions, but I don't want the rest of the world to be either. Quite unusual in the context of Hermes total discretion style, not an everyday perfume for me but an empowering one indeed.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Intoxicatingly Beautiful!
Top Notes: Orange, Peach, Hyacinth, Ylang-Ylang, Bergamot.

Heart Notes: Black Elder, Iris, Orange Blossom, Gardenia, Jasmine.

Base Notes: Sandalwood, Amber, Patchouli, Vanilla.

This review is for a vintage EdP from 2000. The first thing I would like to say is that this is the single most divine fragrance I have ever smelt in my life apart from L'Heure Bleue, Chanel Coco, and one or two others. It smells so good in fact that it shares signature status with L'Heure Bleue and Coco.

I do not have a very well tutored nose, but I definitely smell the orange blossom, gardenia, and jasmine, as well as the orange top note. I believe I detect honey and a bit of sandalwood in the deep dry down. I cannot detect ANY patchouli in this fragrance. 24F is quite sweet but in the very best possible sense of the word--a very sophisticated sweetness not a candy, sugary sweetness, and I do not find it to be particularly powdery as some say it is.

This is an extremely well blended fragrance, and I can certainly understand why so many wearers simply adore it. It smells so delicious that I could bathe in it! It can indeed be described as a special fragrance to wear on special occasions, but for me, something this fabulous will be in regular rotation. It is just too wonderful for me to wait to use it just a few times per year. This would be the most fabulous wedding day fragrance as it smells so romantic.

The one thing I expected but did not find in it was the monster projection and sillage so many reviewers have mentioned. I sprayed two big sprays, one on each wrist, and whilst it projected fine and had some sillage upon first application, after about thirty minutes the projection was only about one or two feet at most, and the sillage was quite gentle. It performed much the same as current Chanels.

After three hours, 24 became a skin scent on me. It is possible that someone around me may still have smelt it quite well, but I was alone and had no one to ask. I will try to ask someone the next time after about three hours if they can smell it on me very well if they get within perhaps three feet of me. I was a bit disappointed in the lack of monster projection and sillage so many have described, but it does not change my overall opinion of this wonderful, heavenly fragrance.

Fragrance: 10/10
Projection: 6/10 after the first hour. 1/10 after three hours.
Sillage: 6/10 after the first hour. 1/10 after three hours.
Longevity: 5/10
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 9.0/10
One of the best things I've ever smelt...
The following review is based purely on memory (and from a male perspective)...

Having tested many fragrances over the last few years, let me just say... I think this is one the best perfumes for women in the world (and that's not something I would say lightly). The way this is put together is really special... and the smell is practically divine! It's strong, soft, warm and feminine all at the same time.

Hermès 24 Faubourg completely knocked me out when I first smelt it and immediately after I bought a small flacon of this for someone very dear to me... she really loved it! I think it's one of the classiest fragrances a woman could wear. I should also mention that the bottle itself is a work of art, with beautiful, rose gold liquid inside. It just announces class and beauty form that alone.

Additionally, I should also mention that this was one of Princess Diana's favourite perfumes whilst she was alive. Which just goes to show it really is a perfume worthy of a royal princess! I think that while it may come across as a little strong and bold, it's also manages to be very balanced and soft at the same time. I find it formal and elegant, but if someone really liked it they could wear it on most other occasions as well.

Overall, 24 Faubourg is a beautifully blended perfume from Hermès and master perfumer Maurice Roucel, I can't really fault it as a creation. This is one to be worn with your best clothes and jewellery. Perfect scent for a classy, confidant, beautiful woman, and perhaps the ultimate wedding day scent in my opinion. Well done Hermès & M. Roucel. Elegance & Perfection!
My Beloved
This is my long over due review of my most beloved fragrance. A few years back-who am I kidding about ten years ago I was surfing the net for a new floral frag and I found some comments about 24. I went to the nearest Sephora and spritzed myself and like I always do went on my merry way back home to let it sink in. It kept haunting me-every time I lifted my hand or moved my hair I could smell this intoxicating waft of warm white flowers which I adore. I went to sleep that night and all I could do is dream about it, the powdery dry down kept waking me from my sleep. The first thing after work that next day I went and purchased that beautiful bottle. And since then It has become my one true love in the fragrance world. It's sophistication and elegance is timeless. I would DIE if Hermes ever discontinued this.
Scent 8.0/10
Originally, this was the very definition of a woman’s perfume
Is it just me or has a reformulation virtually taken the legs out from under 24F? Is it a synthetic sandalwood substitution that leaves a bitter, distasteful note amongst all the glorious classic perfume ingredients? The edt is intolerable. The edp I use by spraying it on my bath towel, which helps dissipate most of that funk note. It’s worth the effort to access 24F this way because this full-bodied floral (leaning toward oriental, but not chypre to me), built upon a sweet orange scent, is unlike any other. Thank goodness, Boucheron Femme hasn’t changed so I can wear a happy, orange-rich scent on skin. Perhaps 24F in extrait form is the most laudable formulation. I will have to check that out.
Scent 10.0/10
How lucky to be a man..
Why do I like and enjoy being a man? Here are a few reasons:

1.Because I am physically strong (only the exterior though)
2.Because I am scared at nothing (except if you approach me holding spinach pie , or a grasshopper suddenly jumps on me in the summer)
3.Because I feel no pain (except from a kidney stone which once in a while gets stuck in my ureter and if I won’t get a painkiller shot within an hour, I start crying like a little girl)
4.Because I like to admire the female form which is aesthetically and objectively more beautiful than any man
5.Because someone conceived Faubourg (edp version) for women.

Two things I find somehow silly and unevenly cheesy when I am reading a perfume review is the term of sex(y) or an age constraint for a fragrance but...

This is utterly what sex with a beautiful (and I am not referring to the outside only) mature woman must smell like. Effortlessly sexy worn by a woman with a couple of solid life experiences under her belt with the wisdom to know what she wants and how to please the male partner. Whenever a woman shall hit 40, then it's mandatory to own and wear this. This has the wow factor for my nose for the opposite sex.

A M A Z I N G!
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
Elegant and feminine floral
I'm channelling a bit of Shania Twain while wearing 24 Faubourg because, "Man, I feel like a woman!" This fragrance is one big feminine and honeyed floral on my skin. It doesn't get much prettier than this.

It is quite obvious that this fragrance hasn't been composed by the Hermes regular, Jean Claude Ellena. 24 Faubourg has in fact been blended by the marvellous Maurice Roucel and is devoid of any vegetal undertones. This is a beautiful and classic floral composition that exudes elegance by the plenty.

The florals are so well blended in this composition that it proves rather difficult to name any particular flower. I assume it's the gardenia that gives it a creamy feel and the violet which gives it a hint of green like freshness. A big, juicy and rich orange accord, which is more pulpy than citrusy, compliments the florals perfectly. 24 Faubourg is a classy fragrance, yet one that is also warm weather appropriate, however I personally tend to wear it in Winter too.

Although primarily a white floral, 24 Faubourg doesn't smell like one to me. It's more grounded, spiced up with a touch of amber and vanilla. It goes on very smooth and stays this way throughout its development. Honey and peach feature only in the heart, where it adds a subtle sweetness that I can't help but admire.

24 Faubourg reminds me a little of Burberry Weekend, although the two are not entirely similar. I have enjoyed wearing this fragrance immensely. I know for certain that my sample will be used right up until the last drop.

This charming little fragrance, even with its subtle projection, lasted a good nine hours on my skin. I reach for 24 Faubourg whenever I want to feel like an elegant, full-grown woman. It does the job perfectly.
jtd
Small distinctions that make all the difference.
I knew 24, Faubourg in the edt formulation and always found it interesting but not lovely. It always felt as if it were teetering dangerously on a tightrope. I’ve recently tried the edp and had the eureka! moment. From the orange blossom to the jasmine to the amber to the musks it is far more lavish, calmer, less scattered. And in the edt I never got the touch of moss in the edp’s drydown. In most instances an edt is either thinner or simply less concentrated than an edp. In this case it is more wiry and tightly strung. The edt is distinguished by a shrill brittleness that makes the synthetics seem mis-calibrated. More finely tuned, the edp is simultaneously lush and potent.

Both formulations clearly live on the synthetic side of semi-synthetic and feel exceedingly complex in formula. In the edt, the ingredients pull strongly, but in slightly different directions and 24, Faubourg gives a hair-raising, jittery impression. The edp steers its elements together and flows easily in one direction. With fewer parts tugging it this way and that, 24, Faubourg can be seen for the orange blossom-amber, olympian floriental that it is. Thumbs up for the edp.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
A Modern Retelling of L'heure Bleue
An elegance of golden splendor; 24 Faubourg is an modern reincarnation of
L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain Fresh green
notes opens crisp and bright in a few
minutes dries to a sweet note of peach
and airy Hyacinth ylang ylang dries with an velvety texture that ends the top note, Delicate white petals of gardenia
opens the middle note with an buttery
scent Jasmine with it's green herbal
earthy feel Iris adds to the mournful
spell of Faubourg.

The basenote dries to an powdery touch
of Sandalwood Amber warms the senses
and ends with the eluvsive scent of
patchouli. 24 Faubourg conjours for me
a Autumn evening glows with an amber
sunset with an feeling of wistful yearning as you walk though the tree lined street smelling the aroma of golden leaves caresses your senses
and the beauty of the colors gives you
a sense of nostalgia 24 Faubourg is a
rarity in perfumery it's not rushed though the fragrant markets it's a well
crafted beauty that took their time
with every note and how that note works
on that consumer it's a perfume with an
old soul and a autocratic aura that i find Positive.
Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
The definition of elegance and class
This stuff exudes class and just smells like old money (figuratively, not literally, of course). It is an upper east side, summer in the Hamptons kind of scent. Distinct and recognizable, 24 Fourbourg is an classic, signature scent type perfume for a grande dame.

Very floral and bordering on, but not quite crossing into, too sweet for me. A bit of clean soapiness too, which I usually don't like but is well incorporated here. The dominant florals are two of my very favorites – jasmine and orange blossom, although I find the orange blossom most prominent.

I think this needs to be worn with care, though. In small dosages – beautiful, in large doses could be a headache bomb to those susceptible.
Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
24 Karat Glamour
There's certainly no dearth of perfumes claiming to convey glamour, but in their pyrite trappings, the vast majority of them offer nothing more than bling. With 24 FAUBOURG, in contrast, Hermès has managed to capture the real thing: 24 karat gold. This gorgeous, resplendent, and even transcendent perfume has few rivals in the history of perfumery, and perhaps none since the dawn of the twenty-first century of flanker madness and watery wares.

Like others, I was surprised to find that this magnificent creation was launched in 1995, rather than circa CHANEL NO. 5 or one of the (early) great Guerlain perfumes. The quality and the richness of the notes here are as I've come to expect from Hermès, but what really makes the difference, I think, is some kind of divine inspiration—this is not just another hack job but a work of art. 24 FAUBOURG offers perhaps the best recent example of the radical distinction between mere fragrances and perfume.

Just as there is a *huge* difference between music and "music", as insufferably insolent as that may sound to nonmusicians, there is a world of difference between a lush, complex, shimmering perfume, such as 24 FAUBOURG, and basically 99% of everything else that goes by the name. Big, billowy white flowers drenched in honey and supported by unabashedly perfumic components—synthetic, yes, but nothing like the chemical soup which aims to mimic the effect as cheaply as possible—this is a perfume which rivals CHANEL NO 5 and FRACAS in, yes, their pretention, but also their beauty.

Bravo Maurice Roucel!!!!!

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Toit by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Eau des Merveilles by Hermès Jour d'Hermès (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès Un Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Le Jardin de Monsieur Li by Hermès Un Jardin après la Mousson by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Rocabar by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Elixir des Merveilles by Hermès