24, Faubourg 1995Eau de Parfum

24, Faubourg (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès
Bottle Design Serge Mansau
24, Faubourg (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Hermès for women and was released in 1995. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Hyacinth, Orange, Peach, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Iris, Jasmine, Orange blossom, Common elder
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.05.2020.

A Gorgeous Floral
Most floral fragrances these days are very kitschy, very sweet and difficult to wear. 24 Faubourg is not one of those fragrances. There is a light sweetness in the background but the floral notes stay solidly in the foreground. Smelling this reminds me of standing in a large flower garden during the Spring while all the flowers are in bloom. It gives one a calming and reassuring vibe.

You may wonder why this fragrance has such an odd name, Hermés is located at 24 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré in Paris, France.

24 Faubourg is best worn Autumn, Winter, Spring, as well as Summer evenings.
Longevity for me was over 12 hours and projection was about 6ft (2m).

I give this offering from Hermés a 9/10.

Smells like wealth
I describe this as a perfume that smells like weath and to me it really does.Gardenia is just one of several gorgeous white florals notes in this sprankling and timeless composition,absolute class!I think it would be great for winter time,evening wear or for the holidays especially since carnation is one of the most prominent notes.It is a litlle bit sexy but powedery too,so it smells clean.I adore it.
Smells like an address!
Bonsoir, I'm fragrant. Today I come to a Hermès fragrance that has become a classic. 24 Faubourg (EDP), named after the address of the Hermès headquarters in Paris, namely 24 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré. The fragrance was inspired by the light of the sun (or Mediterranean sun), which is why many accompanying texts on the fragrance also speak of a journey to the sun.

Of course you shouldn't really travel into the sun, no matter how much you (...or woman) like the sun, because the immediate proximity to the Yellow Giant would roast your tender, soft, creamy skin (aaaah.... :D) in less than a second (the question is then of course if you would be as tasty as the roasted skin of chickens... you chicks, you :DD)

Unless, of course, you're like Supergirl drawing her energy through the sun, then okay, then nothing happens to you. Great... and now I have to think about Supergirl again, bah, why does she have to be so pretty (Melissa Benoist!!!!!).

But anyway, I'll get to the scent. Whether it smells like the sun, I don't know, but it should radiate a fragrance of white flowers, which at least thrive under the sun :)

The fragrance:
The beginning is sweetish-floral. Both fragrances, the sweetness and the floral, are quite intense. From the flowery notes I smell Ylang-Ylang, which doesn't yet seem heavy and sultry, but somehow I have the feeling that the sultriness might still come, but wait and see. I smell white flowers coming from the gardenias. Jasmine has a rather strong, sweetish fragrance, but within the next 30 minutes it becomes a little weaker, so you don't have to worry if you think the fragrance might become too sweet when you spray it on. In addition there are beautiful Neroli, and/or orange blossoms as well as Iris, which radiate a powdery aura.
For a while the fragrance remains as described. The Ylang-Ylang doesn't seem to get much stronger after all, which makes me happy, as the scent doesn't become more heavy and sultry. The powdery notes become a little more intense, which is due to the vanilla, which always radiates powdery.
In the base you can still smell flowery notes, but since the ylang-ylang weakens again under them, I think the white flowers can be smelled better again. The fragrance remains sweet, but now the sweetness also comes from the amber. A little woody it becomes still in the background, the rest remains as usual. Much later (after seven to eight hours) the sweet (amber) notes almost completely fade away and only the flowery scents remain. All in all a very nice fragrance.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is quite good, because for a while you are wrapped in a nice scent cloud, which you can smell well on one. Something tells me, however, that older versions were even more powerful... Well, the shelf life is also quite good, because the fragrance lasts at least ten hours on the skin.

The bottle:
The bottle is of high quality, as you would expect from Hermès. It is rectangular with slightly depressed sides, presumably intended to symbolize a stylized female figure, so that the depressed areas represent the waist. There is no label, the name of the fragrance was printed in beautiful handwriting on the bottle. The lid is gold-plated, matt and half-oval. A beautiful bottle of which there have been several collector's editions over the years.

So, it was about time that I tried the 24 Faubourg. Although I've only tried the EDP now, I think the other variations are just as nice. In any case, the EDP is a very beautiful and very feminine women's fragrance (... of course, a women's fragrance should be feminine, but you know what I mean, I hope... :D), which seems to me like a somewhat autumnal all-rounder, which you could wear in autumn, but also in winter and spring on all kinds of occasions. Lightly dosed at work or everyday, or a little more if you want to go out. He smells a bit more mature, so he's not necessarily a techno party scent, but hey, anyone can use a scent the way they want it, but I'm left with a lot of horrible scents off my body... scents like Black Orchid and stuff... he hey.

Anyway, 24 Faubourg is just like a Hermès fragrance: Fragrant, elegant, of high quality and free of smelly synthetics. So you can't do anything wrong with such a fragrance if you like flowery-sweet scents, which can also look more mature. As a point of criticism I only have to get rid of one thing: "Sunny" does not seem to me to be the scent, even if it smells like blooming flowers. Well, maybe a little, but I can't imagine a "journey to the sun" with this scent, Supergirl would have to take me there or something, hey *sigh*

In any case, the scent is a test so something of value, so... try it out! :)
With that I have reached the end of a commis again, so stop my babbling now and wish you all a nice evening :)

Powerful lady
Here I am and I'm prepared to lead, seems to say this perfume. It fits strong leading woman but not ice cold rational ones but those ones that have a character and aren't afraid of their emotions. Bold and opulent white floral with a warm drydown and a big sillage. I prefer to limit to one spray when I wear this one, because maybe I'm not afraid of my emotions, but I don't want the rest of the world to be either. Quite unusual in the context of Hermes total discretion style, not an everyday perfume for me but an empowering one indeed.

Intoxicatingly Beautiful!
Top Notes: Orange, Peach, Hyacinth, Ylang-Ylang, Bergamot.

Heart Notes: Black Elder, Iris, Orange Blossom, Gardenia, Jasmine.

Base Notes: Sandalwood, Amber, Patchouli, Vanilla.

This review is for a vintage EdP from 2000. The first thing I would like to say is that this is the single most divine fragrance I have ever smelt in my life apart from L'Heure Bleue, Chanel Coco, and one or two others. It smells so good in fact that it shares signature status with L'Heure Bleue and Coco.

I do not have a very well tutored nose, but I definitely smell the orange blossom, gardenia, and jasmine, as well as the orange top note. I believe I detect honey and a bit of sandalwood in the deep dry down. I cannot detect ANY patchouli in this fragrance. 24F is quite sweet but in the very best possible sense of the word--a very sophisticated sweetness not a candy, sugary sweetness, and I do not find it to be particularly powdery as some say it is.

This is an extremely well blended fragrance, and I can certainly understand why so many wearers simply adore it. It smells so delicious that I could bathe in it! It can indeed be described as a special fragrance to wear on special occasions, but for me, something this fabulous will be in regular rotation. It is just too wonderful for me to wait to use it just a few times per year. This would be the most fabulous wedding day fragrance as it smells so romantic.

The one thing I expected but did not find in it was the monster projection and sillage so many reviewers have mentioned. I sprayed two big sprays, one on each wrist, and whilst it projected fine and had some sillage upon first application, after about thirty minutes the projection was only about one or two feet at most, and the sillage was quite gentle. It performed much the same as current Chanels.

After three hours, 24 became a skin scent on me. It is possible that someone around me may still have smelt it quite well, but I was alone and had no one to ask. I will try to ask someone the next time after about three hours if they can smell it on me very well if they get within perhaps three feet of me. I was a bit disappointed in the lack of monster projection and sillage so many have described, but it does not change my overall opinion of this wonderful, heavenly fragrance.

Fragrance: 10/10
Projection: 6/10 after the first hour. 1/10 after three hours.
Sillage: 6/10 after the first hour. 1/10 after three hours.
Longevity: 5/10

MasterLi
One of the best things I've ever smelt...
The following review is based purely on memory (and from a male perspective)...

Having tested many fragrances over the last few years, let me just say... I think this is one the best perfumes for women in the world (and that's not something I would say lightly). The way this is put together is really special... and the smell is practically divine! It's strong, soft, warm and feminine all at the same time.

Hermès 24 Faubourg completely knocked me out when I first smelt it and immediately after I bought a small flacon of this for someone very dear to me... she really loved it! I think it's one of the classiest fragrances a woman could wear. I should also mention that the bottle itself is a work of art, with beautiful, rose gold liquid inside. It just announces class and beauty form that alone.

Additionally, I should also mention that this was one of Princess Diana's favourite perfumes whilst she was alive. Which just goes to show it really is a perfume worthy of a royal princess! I think that while it may come across as a little strong and bold, it's also manages to be very balanced and soft at the same time. I find it formal and elegant, but if someone really liked it they could wear it on most other occasions as well.

Overall, 24 Faubourg is a beautifully blended perfume from Hermès and master perfumer Maurice Roucel, I can't really fault it as a creation. This is one to be worn with your best clothes and jewellery. Perfect scent for a classy, confidant, beautiful woman, and perhaps the ultimate wedding day scent in my opinion. Well done Hermès & M. Roucel. Elegance & Perfection!

My Beloved
This is my long over due review of my most beloved fragrance. A few years back-who am I kidding about ten years ago I was surfing the net for a new floral frag and I found some comments about 24. I went to the nearest Sephora and spritzed myself and like I always do went on my merry way back home to let it sink in. It kept haunting me-every time I lifted my hand or moved my hair I could smell this intoxicating waft of warm white flowers which I adore. I went to sleep that night and all I could do is dream about it, the powdery dry down kept waking me from my sleep. The first thing after work that next day I went and purchased that beautiful bottle. And since then It has become my one true love in the fragrance world. It's sophistication and elegance is timeless. I would DIE if Hermes ever discontinued this.

Quarry
Originally, this was the very definition of a woman’s perfume
Is it just me or has a reformulation virtually taken the legs out from under 24F? Is it a synthetic sandalwood substitution that leaves a bitter, distasteful note amongst all the glorious classic perfume ingredients? The edt is intolerable. The edp I use by spraying it on my bath towel, which helps dissipate most of that funk note. It’s worth the effort to access 24F this way because this full-bodied floral (leaning toward oriental, but not chypre to me), built upon a sweet orange scent, is unlike any other. Thank goodness, Boucheron Femme hasn’t changed so I can wear a happy, orange-rich scent on skin. Perhaps 24F in extrait form is the most laudable formulation. I will have to check that out.

How lucky to be a man..
Why do I like and enjoy being a man? Here are a few reasons:

1.Because I am physically strong (only the exterior though)
2.Because I am scared at nothing (except if you approach me holding spinach pie , or a grasshopper suddenly jumps on me in the summer)
3.Because I feel no pain (except from a kidney stone which once in a while gets stuck in my ureter and if I won’t get a painkiller shot within an hour, I start crying like a little girl)
4.Because I like to admire the female form which is aesthetically and objectively more beautiful than any man
5.Because someone conceived Faubourg (edp version) for women.

Two things I find somehow silly and unevenly cheesy when I am reading a perfume review is the term of sex(y) or an age constraint for a fragrance but...

This is utterly what sex with a beautiful (and I am not referring to the outside only) mature woman must smell like. Effortlessly sexy worn by a woman with a couple of solid life experiences under her belt with the wisdom to know what she wants and how to please the male partner. Whenever a woman shall hit 40, then it's mandatory to own and wear this. This has the wow factor for my nose for the opposite sex.

A M A Z I N G!

Elegant and feminine floral
I'm channelling a bit of Shania Twain while wearing 24 Faubourg because, "Man, I feel like a woman!" This fragrance is one big feminine and honeyed floral on my skin. It doesn't get much prettier than this.

It is quite obvious that this fragrance hasn't been composed by the Hermes regular, Jean Claude Ellena. 24 Faubourg has in fact been blended by the marvellous Maurice Roucel and is devoid of any vegetal undertones. This is a beautiful and classic floral composition that exudes elegance by the plenty.

The florals are so well blended in this composition that it proves rather difficult to name any particular flower. I assume it's the gardenia that gives it a creamy feel and the violet which gives it a hint of green like freshness. A big, juicy and rich orange accord, which is more pulpy than citrusy, compliments the florals perfectly. 24 Faubourg is a classy fragrance, yet one that is also warm weather appropriate, however I personally tend to wear it in Winter too.

Although primarily a white floral, 24 Faubourg doesn't smell like one to me. It's more grounded, spiced up with a touch of amber and vanilla. It goes on very smooth and stays this way throughout its development. Honey and peach feature only in the heart, where it adds a subtle sweetness that I can't help but admire.

24 Faubourg reminds me a little of Burberry Weekend, although the two are not entirely similar. I have enjoyed wearing this fragrance immensely. I know for certain that my sample will be used right up until the last drop.

This charming little fragrance, even with its subtle projection, lasted a good nine hours on my skin. I reach for 24 Faubourg whenever I want to feel like an elegant, full-grown woman. It does the job perfectly.

TruckladyTrucklady 16 months ago
My yardstick floral of perfection. No more needs to be said.

24, Faubourg by Hermes, Parfum 30 ml
by Viola8
by Philosykos
by Philosykos

Popular Hermès

Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Hiris by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Elixir des Merveilles by Hermès Amazone (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès