24, Faubourg Eau de Toilette

24, Faubourg (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès
Bottle Design Serge Mansau
24, Faubourg (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Hermès for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
PatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by GoldenOriole, last update on 30.06.2021.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume 24, Faubourg (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès, which differs in concentration.

Highly stylized elegance - With a wink of the eye
This fragrance has been with me for almost 10 years.

It is sometimes exhausting, because the flowers are so opulently carried by the base. The initial hyacinth note is very dominant. Allergy sufferers should test the fragrance in any case on a paper strip.

Ylang-ylang I smell out. The bergamot seems almost a little dusty and gives in this case little freshness, in a more distant sense rather a touch of soap.

24, Faubourg is not gimmicky in all its elegance, but you can tell there's a stylized concept behind the scent. I could picture it on Vivien Leigh, who wore Joy, by Jean Patou. Why Vivien Leigh? She looked like a lady and has been one, was from a good home and yet not a typical woman of her time- 16 hours a day working on the set of Gone with the Wind and fluctuating between fragility, intensity, melancholy and great energy. Sometimes brash; strong-willed, she embodied her roles with great individuality and passion. Today, hardly anyone is able to embody this ladylike elegance, but this fragrance gives a hint of it.

He is classic and wants to be so. It is good to wear it with a little self-mockery. One shouldn't mind being the center of attention. The projection is convincing for an Eau de Toilette and not to be underestimated. Still, it comes across as serious and its old-fashioned note not out of place. I don't like to assign it to an occasion; I've worn it to the theater as well as in the fall, alone, outside, walking. Somehow he fits into this season.
For friends of silence and meekness, it is probably rather not the right thing, but exceptions prove the rule. Something melancholy resonates, however, in the flower melange.

Gardenia and jasmine I can make out, as well as the orange blossom, which is here on the border of what can be perceived as stuffy. The gardenia is well struck for me. I used to own one, so I know the natural scent of the flower, which is a bit more animalic. The base is really warm and minimally earthy. Even, from a no bottle you will have something for a long time. The next morning you can still smell a kind of "afterglow".

I find the bottle inspired by the silk scarves of the brand fitting. He represents the concept. Just as a silk scarf can add a bit of femininity to a more functionally elegant outfit, this fragrance can interrupt the fast-paced routine of everyday life for a short time, only to blend in effortlessly later.

Thanks for reading. And possibly also much joy with the testing.

A piece of Diana
By this fragrance's launch, it was only available as an EDT, thus it is the EDT version her highness must have used.

My first impression upon spray is wow

I am just completely speechless. This is opulent, way more opulent than No 5.

As a 22 year old straight man, I can't think of too many occasions I can pull this off other than wearing it in home for my own enjoyment.

Diana means a lot to me. Crazy to think even though she died before I was born, I am still to this day touched by her life story. What an angel on earth she was, and what a tragedy it is that the people's princess is no longer with us today.

I am a little bit in tears as I smell this. This scent is so incredibly beautiful, the slight sour-sweet gardenia combined with other decorating notes just make me absolutely stunned. I will wear it nontheless but it is definitely suited more to a woman. A woman of incredible warmth, elegance, and vibrancy.

Please ladies,
if you are hyped about No 5 and think that is the holy grail of ultra French factory enjoyment, think again.

I don't want to use the word masterpiece to describe 24 Faubourg.

This is the crown of Hermes
2020Antiope
Fruity elegant, feminine and very sophisticated - but never too ladylike
I ALWAYS have Faubourg on the console in the bathroom; my absolute scent for "number sure" when I don't know which of my favourites to wear on a date, a business dinner, a family celebration or whatever. Especially when I am indecisive or rather unwilling, Faubourg
my saviour in distress: the fragrance immediately wraps me in a cloud of well-being; it is vividly feminine, no sweet candy or overladen bouquet of flowers, no modern androgynous "IN" fragrance like the horrible "water scents" or leather nuances for women and above all no "Chanel 5",
which I've always praised as over-the-top, as a perfume for the masses.
Faubourg gives me an aura of light-footed strolling among the beautiful (and unaffordable, but nobody knows that at this moment!) shops on the boulevards of Rome or Paris'; carefree, dancing lightness and a little feminine secret is the fragrance promise to every nose I pass by with "Faubourg"!

MissBiscuitsMissBiscuits 5 months ago
It's so opulent that one might think is appropriate only for the opera. I say surprise everyone by wearing with jeans and a t-shirt.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Feminin and radiant, as classy as a Hermes'foulard whose the bottle recalls the shape. To wear with a classic ouftit and a string of pearls

Passend in der Adventzeit
by Jersey
by MissBiscuits
by MissBiscuits
by Svelana
by Svelana

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Calèche (Soie de Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Amazone (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Concentré de Pamplemousse Rose by Hermès Elixir des Merveilles by Hermès