Calèche (1992)Soie de Parfum

Calèche (Soie de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Hermès for women and was released in 1992. The scent is floral-chypre. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Guy Robert

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.05.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès, which differs in concentration.

Elegance for life
I first met Calèche as a young woman in 1969 in the perfumery, where I had changed after my apprenticeship in the drugstore. Surprisingly, I even remember what I was wearing because I had a moss-green knitted dress which I complemented with a celluloid combination of chain and belt. Celluloid accessories can no longer be imagined today. Later only combs were made out of it and the material with the irregular brown pattern was supposed to imitate the real tortoiseshell. At that time costume jewellery was made out of it for quite a while "in".

That I remember exactly what I was wearing is because one of my new colleagues told me on the first day that these warm colours only look good on me when I dye my hair. Influensible as I was then, I wore the hair from then on chestnut brown. That this color is not optimal for me, too, became clear to me only later and from then on there were only cold colors for me in terms of clothing, as well as hair color and jewelry.

But what I never let myself be influenced in was my taste in fragrance. I loved Calèche at that time, it accompanied me through my professional life and I bounced off me that later colleagues turned up their noses at it because they loved safe, Loulou, Gucci Rush or one of the hip thunder scents. Calèche was not forgotten for a while, but the collection grew, I wore Chanel 19, Safari, the original Feminite du Bois by Shiseido and many other rather bitter perfumes. Then in 1992 Calèche was reformed and the result is one of the reasons why I didn't find the renewal frenzy of the perfumers so bad, because Soie de Parfum really succeeded. It's like having the collar of an outmoded blazer made a little narrower or wearing other accessories with it. Modernized, but still the good old piece. I wore such a part of Daniel Hechter until the tailor went on strike... The successor was my first trouser suit with pinstripes and Marlene trousers. And again Calèche was part of it as the completion of the look.

There is hardly a chypre fragrance that is equipped with so much understatement. Restrained yet present, persistent and serious, a fluid that expresses elegance, harmony and noblesse. If you look at the pyramid and the mood the fragrance spreads, you can't get rid of the suspicion that Guy Robert's creation was a cross-eye for the lovers of Chanel N°5. But where N°5 loves the big performance, Calèche has long since mingled with the audience. In my collection Soie de Calèche will always have a place.

DorothyGraceDorothyGrace 4 years ago
Caleche was one of the first perfumes I bought myself; I wish I could still buy it. Caleche Soie de Parfum is quite a sour soap on me.

by Zora
by Evita
by Romy1050
by Romy1050

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Hiris by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Toit by Hermès Amazone (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès