Concentré d'Orange Verte (2004)

Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès
Concentré d'Orange Verte (Hermès)
Concentré d'Orange Verte is a popular perfume by Hermès for women and men and was released in 2004. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production.

Jean Guichard

Amber, Basil, Orange, Patchouli, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.01.2019

Air freshener?!
I inherited this from my mother years ago: she liked the fruit with wood, but regularly stumbled over a fragrance phase, which she described as a "pharmacy note": bitter and disturbing. After the 10th use she gave up the fight and the bottle was still full to the brim to me. Now it's almost empty.

And that's how it happened The concept of the air freshener, which is supposed to neutralise bad odours, is now actually more widespread outside the perfume market.
My grandma, for example, used to spray large quantities of "Glade" every time she smoked - mostly in the evening, after my grandpa had dozed away in her armchair after 2 bars of chocolate and a lament about incompetent politicians and had been sent to bed by her.
According to my mother, the Glade Spüherei was only used to add an obtrusive sea breeze or flower aroma to the smoky note.
Also very popular: upholstery, curtains and clothes with Febreeze edit.
And, so I heard, by far the most gruesome product are these Christmas trees, which were dangling around in many cars, especially in the 90s (the mean, peculiar, style-hostile 90s) - probably one of those cases (so I was told), in which it is quite fabulous not to be able to smell.

Concentré d'Orange is my sports fragrance. And in summer also work scent. Not only because it is supposed to smell herb-mackerig citric-fresh, but because it is always(!) praised as a flare of the orange fragrance in stinking environments.

This fragrance achieves its best results in situations associated with stench. Sports and clubs at six in the morning, for example. Then I can be sure that someone will hang relieved on my shoulder and take a deep breath. He once wrote me a compliment in sports: "You're the only one who doesn't stink here, but smells."
Therefore, I am convinced that orange concentrate is a really well made and expensive air freshener. A fragrance, then, that does not form a disgusting whole with smoke, sweat and the smell of beer, but bravely fights to drive away these smells.

And I still don't know how he actually does it.

By the way, I have never heard of any complaints about the "pharmacy grade" again.
Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Concentré d'Orange Verte
Concentré d'Orange Verte (CdOV) from Hermes is the ultimate joy maker. Its exceptional quality becomes obvious from the moment its first drops land on your skin. The zesty orange note combined with the mint have an invigorating effect on me. This explosion of tart freshness is, however, relatively short-lived as the scent calms down and proceeds to its less pronounced herbal-woody heart and base (including the notes of basil, patchouli and cedar).

From the longevity point of view, do not expect any wonders from CdOV. In fact, I find the adjective "concentré" a little misleading. It has to be understood in the context of traditional colognes. On my skin, CdOV turns into a skin scent rather swiftly. I do catch gentle whiffs every now and then, but this fragrance, just like any other eau de cologne, is meant to evaporate quickly in order to be reapplied (in generous quantities) a number of times during the day, which I'm delighted to do.

On balance, if you want to avoid smelling ozonic-aquatic-sporty in the heat of the summer but are rather looking for a refreshing, citrus-based summer scent, I wholeheartedly recommend this exquisite cologne from one of the finest present-day fragrance houses. Have fun!
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 10.0/10
Straight to my favorites list
I love Hermes colognes. Eau d'Orange Vert was my first, and it became the standard by which I judged all fragrances of this type. It took me some time to purchase Concentre d'Orange Vert , I'd read many reviews which said it was almost identical to EOV, if you had one, you didn't need the other, etc. I also have Eau d'Orange Douce, and THAT was said to be very similar too. I find these three fragrances differ enough to justify purchasing all of them, and I'm on a strict perfume budget (well, I try to be anyway). Concentre opens much greener on me, the orange is there, but it's more subdued. It's a sharper citrus, bitter in the very best way, but then it mellows just a little, allowing sparks of something sweeter ( the amber maybe?) to pop up under the citrus, but it stays green all the way to the end of the woody/patchouli base. The longevity is surprisingly good, I got a solid six hours from it , the sillage is moderate. An excellent addition to my collection!
Fresh class!
Another winner in my Hermes’ “concentrés” book, together with Pamplemousse Rose. Orange Verte does again nothing less and nothing more (no, actually a bit more) than you would expect from its name; more “green” than “orange”, showing also a fantastic discreet ambery-floral-woody vibe which provides a subtle yet delightful warm and silky feel underneath the sparkling bitter freshness of the top notes. All revolves around a realistic, albeit ephemeral zesty lime-orange note and a more persistent and realistically bitter herbaceous-green accord, which is fresh, grassy and crisp like freshly-cut branches, well enhanced by woods. Wildly “botanical”, but with the irresistible Hermès’ touch of clean and distinguished understatement, and this “Hermès treatment” is what makes this special and quite unique if compared to the dozens of other “fresh green” scents. Most of these Hermès “concentrés” manage to be simple to the bone, terribly realistic, and terribly sophisticated too. Legitimately short-lived given the notes, but totally great until it lasts.

8/10
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 2.5/10 Longevity 2.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Brief, But Brilliant!...
This is a beautiful composition of bitter orange and green herbs, with a very nice menthol undertone. Very minimalistic, but very effective and refreshing. It is the kind of simple concoction that you can spray and spray, and it will not come off as offensive or overpowering to others. It is a perfect scent for hot weather. If you are looking for a longevity beast or a big projector I suggest you keep looking, as Concentre d"Orange Verte is a skin scent primarily with only a couple hours of longevity per wear. I confess I love it and feel it is well worth a purchase. 4 to 4.5 stars out of 5.
mmmm nostalgia!
This reminds me of the soap my grandma used to have and always use.
It is a pleasant scent, but not one I COULD wear.

AromaX 12 months ago
A Vinaigre de Toilette infused with bitter orange peels and herbs from Provence to revive a sleepy head with a fresh morning breeze.+3

by DemonHead
by skanvidou
by Sherapop
by Sherapop

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Toit by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Eau des Merveilles by Hermès Un Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès Le Jardin de Monsieur Li by Hermès Jour d'Hermès (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès Un Jardin après la Mousson by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche by Hermès Elixir des Merveilles by Hermès