Concentré d'Orange Verte 2004

Concentré d'Orange Verte is a popular perfume by Hermès for women and men and was released in 2004. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Jean Guichard

Amber, Basil, Orange, Patchouli, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 03.04.2021.

Volantis
This is how memories are made

It's summer and my husband and I are stuck in a taxi. The car is losing, slowly but surely, the battle against the air conditioning.

The whole city is sweltering in the heat. We, however, have just come from cloudy, cool London. We had breakfast in the hotel as it was too chilly to sit outside. We're wearing cashmere sweaters - I'm even wearing a silk scarf.
I peel myself out of my sweater. On the sidewalks, women in summer dresses pass our car, men with their jackets tucked under their arms and their shirt sleeves rolled up to the elbow. Ladies in silk caftans. Children with ice cream. Tourists wearing shorts.
The taxi pushes slowly through summer Paris into the center. Street by street. It doesn't move very fast. It gets narrower and slower. State holiday, the taxi driver explains.

Our hotel is beautiful. Perfectly temperate and... oh, it smells so good. Refreshing. Pleasant. Elegant. We relax for a few minutes in the shaded courtyard. A fountain babbles. Red berries and lemon slices float in my glass. The porter informs us that, because of the heat, he has iced small bottles of Volvic ready, which he will always supply us with as we leave the hotel.

As we are shown to our rooms, the scent becomes even more intense. Tart. Fresh. Green. Elegant. Lemon without being acidic. Deep. Dark. A hint woody.
We are proudly told that the house is traditionally supplied by the Hermés boutique in the neighborhood - the oldest boutique of the traditional house.
I sniffed my way through the rooms, intrigued, and it's in the bathroom that I see them for the first time. The dark green bottles and flacons with the black cap. Soap, shower gel, shampoo, body lotion, conditioner, eau de toilette.

Pure summer. I am in love with shock. The scent reminds me of the summers of my childhood. Of my parents' rooftop terrace glowing in the heat, of big planted tubs of strelitzias. Of geraniums and iced tea and hot terra cotta and a pool. Of Roman, cool, shady, marble staircases with hundreds of steps, of Sundays with family dinners and my grandfather's shirts. Of the sea, of my bare feet on cold tiles, of sultry, humid, fragrant air and the chirping of crickets.

My husband and I spent an incredibly beautiful week in Paris. We enjoyed every second of it. The heat wave of the year rolled over the city, children bathed in the fountains under the Eiffel Tower as well as adults, and the city glowed and vibrated. The days were scorching hot, the nights as well. We ate and drank and did all that in beautiful togetherness, after what the sense stood us.

We showered three times a day and as I was packing my bags to move on, I did something I have never done in my life. I took a bottle of cologne with me, just so I wouldn't forget that scent.

Sometime back home, I purposefully walked into the nearest Hermés boutique and purchased body lotion, shower gel and eau de toilette.
Since that time, the fragrance reminds me of those hot days in Paris that we got to spend with each other and with the city. Every early summer, I stand at Hermés, purchase the Orange Verte range and enjoy it all summer long. It's a scent I look forward to all year. Summer in a bottle.

I use Orange Verte when the temperatures are hot, I like to use it in conjunction with the shower gel (and sometimes the body lotion). I feel like I smell "fresh" all day, but it is clearly a "daytime scent" for me. It doesn't last forever, I like to reapply around noon.
Hot summer wind, open office windows, linen or silk, hair tied up, espresso or iced coffee instead of my regular coffee, bees buzzing, colleague groaning in the background against the heat...

It's one of the few fresh scents my husband likes on me too. Definitely unisex, I also like to smell it on my husband.

ScentGrail
Fantastic green orange perfumue with sub-par performance
Even as a young child, I always liked the scent of oranges in the summertime. This is why I have been super excited to snatch Hermes Concentre D’Orange Verte at an affordable price.

Even before I had purchased this perfume, I knew that its weakest points were poor projection and longevity, but I couldn’t care less. Finding out just how natural was the aroma of green oranges couldn’t get out of my mind.

Here are my 5 quick takes:

- The best orange-based perfume of all time
- A citrus aromatic fragrance with average longevity
- Created by Jean Guichard in 2004
- Best used during warmer seasons on any occasion
- Poor performance keeps it from getting bigger appreciation

Hermes Concentre D’Orange Verte is a great citrus-based fragrance for an affordable price, but with poor performance.

I believe that those who enjoy the art of perfumery will enjoy this perfume the most, as it tells a beautiful story, and refreshes your mind.

Check out my Parfumo profile to find out how can you read full reviews.
Hermes' primordial soup
Everything has been so intense and fast in recent years, including fragrances. Hoping not to get lost in the flood of new releases, perfumers seem to be doing everything they can to stand out. The creations are either getting more and more outlandish (Memoire, Gucci) or more and more floral loud (everyone else, actually). I can hardly stand a new fragrance for more than a few days. Everything too much, in the end also always too synthetic. But I remain driven, full of hope to find the Holy Grail, the ultimate signature fragrance, my unmistakable aura.

As if by chance, while cleaning up a few days ago, I found a hotel bottle of Hermes Eau d'orange verte shower gel. Still half full. Wanted to throw it away almost, I had this fragrance but something very altherrenhaft in memory. But try it can not hurt! And I was again expect enthusiastically. How tangy, lemon at the beginning, good old oakmoss at the end. Close to the body, lockdown-worthy. Memories of holidays in the South of France, of times when you just owned the one fragrance that is inseparable from you and your own experiences.

You guessed it, I was hooked. A detailed study on Parfumo followed. And so also the Concentré slipped into the field of vision. Always ignored, never tried. Yet it suddenly seemed to promise everything I dreamed of. Softer, not quite as angular as the Eau (though in some ways that makes it unique), more amber, perhaps creamier. And touted as a no sillage scent and not as long lasting...in my translation, definitely not overbearing, skin tight...

Somehow I managed to acquire a bottle as soon as possible in the lockdown. And revel since a few days...the basic note of the Eau I can clearly perceive, nice that it has remained, the composition is indeed warmer and rounder. After a fresh citrusy opening, it quickly becomes cozy, but without slipping into the wintry-gourmand. The impression of forest (cedar) comes up. Always accompanied by a touch of coolness (mint, basil). Everything actually takes place close to the body. As if it were steaming gently close around you, like after a summer rain. This very effect reminds me of Christine Nagel's Un Jardin sur la Lagune with its truly unique powderiness. But also of Ellena's colognes that follow Orange Verte, all of which I adore.

Here, dear perfumos, you will find Hermes' primordial soup. Everything is already contained in the Eau and especially in the Concentré. The unmistakable elegance, the understatement, the lightness of life praised by Hermes again and again. And all of this is completely "natural" and timeless. And last but not least, contrary to many pronouncements durable until the next day.

Back to the roots, dear Parfumo friends! When if not now!

Golcher
one of the best openings I’ve smelled
I was browsing at a discount table with around 70 fragrances and just as I was leaving an orange box caught my attention. I took it and saw the Hermes logo, I was drawn to it somehow.
After checking the Parfumo app and learning it was unisex I asked for the tester and spayed it on paper... the most natural zesty scent I’ve tried in a long time, one that brought back memories, such a vivid scent of lemon leaves that triggered so many things in my head I didn’t need to wait for the drydown to know I was taking it home with me.

The next morning I was excited as I sprayed myself with such a glorious zesty gem. As time went by the lemon leave vibe slowly toned down giving way to an ambery base, such an elegant transition, so masterful.

With CdOV the only concern is the longevity which is actually good considering it’s a cologne concentration but I get 5 hours give or take so I can live with that.

Air freshener?!
I inherited this from my mother years ago: she liked the fruit with wood, but regularly stumbled over a fragrance phase, which she described as a "pharmacy note": bitter and disturbing. After the 10th use she gave up the fight and the bottle was still full to the brim to me. Now it's almost empty.

And that's how it happened The concept of the air freshener, which is supposed to neutralise bad odours, is now actually more widespread outside the perfume market.
My grandma, for example, used to spray large quantities of "Glade" every time she smoked - mostly in the evening, after my grandpa had dozed away in her armchair after 2 bars of chocolate and a lament about incompetent politicians and had been sent to bed by her.
According to my mother, the Glade Spüherei was only used to add an obtrusive sea breeze or flower aroma to the smoky note.
Also very popular: upholstery, curtains and clothes with Febreeze edit.
And, so I heard, by far the most gruesome product are these Christmas trees, which were dangling around in many cars, especially in the 90s (the mean, peculiar, style-hostile 90s) - probably one of those cases (so I was told), in which it is quite fabulous not to be able to smell.

Concentré d'Orange is my sports fragrance. And in summer also work scent. Not only because it is supposed to smell herb-mackerig citric-fresh, but because it is always(!) praised as a flare of the orange fragrance in stinking environments.

This fragrance achieves its best results in situations associated with stench. Sports and clubs at six in the morning, for example. Then I can be sure that someone will hang relieved on my shoulder and take a deep breath. He once wrote me a compliment in sports: "You're the only one who doesn't stink here, but smells."
Therefore, I am convinced that orange concentrate is a really well made and expensive air freshener. A fragrance, then, that does not form a disgusting whole with smoke, sweat and the smell of beer, but bravely fights to drive away these smells.

And I still don't know how he actually does it.

By the way, I have never heard of any complaints about the "pharmacy grade" again.

Concentré d'Orange Verte
Concentré d'Orange Verte (CdOV) from Hermes is the ultimate joy maker. Its exceptional quality becomes obvious from the moment its first drops land on your skin. The zesty orange note combined with the mint have an invigorating effect on me. This explosion of tart freshness is, however, relatively short-lived as the scent calms down and proceeds to its less pronounced herbal-woody heart and base (including the notes of basil, patchouli and cedar).

From the longevity point of view, do not expect any wonders from CdOV. In fact, I find the adjective "concentré" a little misleading. It has to be understood in the context of traditional colognes. On my skin, CdOV turns into a skin scent rather swiftly. I do catch gentle whiffs every now and then, but this fragrance, just like any other eau de cologne, is meant to evaporate quickly in order to be reapplied (in generous quantities) a number of times during the day, which I'm delighted to do.

On balance, if you want to avoid smelling ozonic-aquatic-sporty in the heat of the summer but are rather looking for a refreshing, citrus-based summer scent, I wholeheartedly recommend this exquisite cologne from one of the finest present-day fragrance houses. Have fun!

Fhaldara
Straight to my favorites list
I love Hermes colognes. Eau d'Orange Vert was my first, and it became the standard by which I judged all fragrances of this type. It took me some time to purchase Concentre d'Orange Vert , I'd read many reviews which said it was almost identical to EOV, if you had one, you didn't need the other, etc. I also have Eau d'Orange Douce, and THAT was said to be very similar too. I find these three fragrances differ enough to justify purchasing all of them, and I'm on a strict perfume budget (well, I try to be anyway). Concentre opens much greener on me, the orange is there, but it's more subdued. It's a sharper citrus, bitter in the very best way, but then it mellows just a little, allowing sparks of something sweeter ( the amber maybe?) to pop up under the citrus, but it stays green all the way to the end of the woody/patchouli base. The longevity is surprisingly good, I got a solid six hours from it , the sillage is moderate. An excellent addition to my collection!

Fresh class!
Another winner in my Hermes’ “concentrés” book, together with Pamplemousse Rose. Orange Verte does again nothing less and nothing more (no, actually a bit more) than you would expect from its name; more “green” than “orange”, showing also a fantastic discreet ambery-floral-woody vibe which provides a subtle yet delightful warm and silky feel underneath the sparkling bitter freshness of the top notes. All revolves around a realistic, albeit ephemeral zesty lime-orange note and a more persistent and realistically bitter herbaceous-green accord, which is fresh, grassy and crisp like freshly-cut branches, well enhanced by woods. Wildly “botanical”, but with the irresistible Hermès’ touch of clean and distinguished understatement, and this “Hermès treatment” is what makes this special and quite unique if compared to the dozens of other “fresh green” scents. Most of these Hermès “concentrés” manage to be simple to the bone, terribly realistic, and terribly sophisticated too. Legitimately short-lived given the notes, but totally great until it lasts.

8/10
2.5
2.5

Brief, But Brilliant!...
This is a beautiful composition of bitter orange and green herbs, with a very nice menthol undertone. Very minimalistic, but very effective and refreshing. It is the kind of simple concoction that you can spray and spray, and it will not come off as offensive or overpowering to others. It is a perfect scent for hot weather. If you are looking for a longevity beast or a big projector I suggest you keep looking, as Concentre d"Orange Verte is a skin scent primarily with only a couple hours of longevity per wear. I confess I love it and feel it is well worth a purchase. 4 to 4.5 stars out of 5.

mmmm nostalgia!
This reminds me of the soap my grandma used to have and always use.
It is a pleasant scent, but not one I COULD wear.

AromaXAromaX 3 years ago
A "Vinaigre_de_Toilette" infused with bitter orange peels and herbs from Provence to revive a sleepy head with a fresh morning breeze.

by Pistazieneis
by Siebter
by Sherapop
by Sherapop

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Elixir des Merveilles by Hermès Amazone (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Calèche (Soie de Parfum) by Hermès Hiris by Hermès