Eau de Citron Noir (2018)

Eau de Citron Noir is a perfume by Hermès for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is citrusy-woody. It is still in production.

Christine Nagel

Calabrian lemon, Ceylon tea, Paraguayan woods

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 12.07.2020.

My favourite
This one makes me think about the vet but in a very good way. When I wear it, I really get hyped by the perfume. It lasts for ages and the scent changes very well over time. Even though people tell me it is a fragrance for man, I am not giving up wearing it.
Neighbors
Recently in the hallway, somewhere in Germany............................................................................................................
Tach Mrs Brodesser, have you heard? The Schniedermann family has bought a perfume. A thoroughbred, I don't know if that's allowed in this house.

"Hello Mrs. Schlönzke, is it possible? I have already seen the two together with the vial, I felt like bred from the laboratory. I have already read a lot about it, you have to be very careful"

That's gotta be dangerous, I hear.

" Yeah, I read once that if you don't pay attention and the perfume goes crazy, it's supposed to be horrible. My sister-in-law once knew someone who knew someone who had something like that and who lost both arms, but the perfume supposedly only wanted to smell, because of the does nothing and so on."

That's horrible! And something like that in our house, I get all bloomerant.

"Yes I will report this to the housing company and the perfume protection, I mean you can not wear it so simply free "

I can't even think about it, I live here but also children.

"Well, who thinks of his fellow men here when a perfume like that smells free afterwards? The Pennkopp family has also said that this is not possible and if they say something, it means something. I heard they got this out of the lab, they're doing it out in the open. I can tell you this must have had a reason why it was in the lab. Normal perfumes don't land there"

Watch your step!
"Oh look, the Schniedermann family and isn't that your new perfume? Oh, that's beautiful. Now someone's going to look at this fresh perfume, how lemony you are, that's fine. You're a very fresh one, aren't you? Such a lemony piece. You know, I just told Mrs. Schlönzke that I really like her new perfume and can't understand why so many people are afraid of it and don't like it."

That's right! I have said that it does not bother me at all and it is also so beautifully woody.

"They should also not listen to the others if they tell them anything else Mr. and Mrs. Schniedermann. That they decided to take a perfume with them, we think that's great. Is also a beautiful race these Hermes. What's his name? Eau de Citron Noir? That's a pretty name. And how old do they get on average? 5h, but that's neat, you'll get some of that too"

I think I have to go now, my tea is already pulled through.

"Take care, my dear, I'll continue right away, my Hans gets schnitzel today. No, it's such a nice perfume. I don't know why people say you're so terrible. Artificially bred, so what? What if I like it? Did you get some fine wood? Great! Yeah, you can go out there in the summer, too, can't you? He doesn't do anything, he just wants to smell"

"So people gibbet"
Heavyweight
Fascinated! Something completely different. A friend of mine likes this kind of scents, which radiate with bitterness and lemon resonates heavily I don't know what the scent is, it's something woody, it has to ask me.
0.5
Stanze
Now adé you my dear forearm
I had no idea but sprayed myself with "Eau de citron noir". I thought it smelled like lemon. "Noir", I don't know what's black about it. I was surrounded by a cloud of animal stench. "Wow", I shouted, "What's that?" That must be the Paraguayan wood. That clearly didn't grow anywhere except maybe in the test tube. I'm almost falling off a chair because I can barely breathe. I then demonstrated it to Tester M and sprayed my other forearm as well. Everything for science!
Apart from this really disgusting "wood", "Eau de citron noir" smells like lemon. And the lemon part smells more natural. Maybe it's easier to imitate lemon, too. I am totally horrified and shocked.

"Noir" means maybe the lemon is rotten? An exotic fungal infestation? About the opposite of Adlerholz?

I got the sample from my favorite employee in the only local perfumery. I'm sure she meant well. I think I'm gonna have to have my forearms removed.

Other people, of course, can smell "eau de citron noir" better, I don't know. And if the test doesn't kill you, it'll make you harder.

I can't wear that at all. Not on any occasion. Not at all in every season. I imagine it to be horrible in men and women alike, so it is more suitable for young people. I'm sure they can take it even better.
0.5
Nofretete
Citron noir? Citron horreur!
Once again an invitation for a hike, today it is supposed to go through citrus groves to tea plantations and wood camps. Nefertiti is happy, because she loves bright citrus trees, tea of all colours, deciduous and needle-like forests, also cut and stored woods.

The walk begins in a lemon plantation, a special variety from Asia Minor, quite beautiful. But after one or two minutes grrrhhhh... infernal rumbling, the mountain wobbles, a scree avalanche blows poor Nefertiti over and throws her into a deep gorge.

Oh woe - no not her bones, they stayed intact, she landed with wild animals: Puma? Polecat? Hyena? Skunk? PFUI! HELP! The most violent animalism she has ever smelled (in a perfume) and which sticks to her like bad luck. She's gonna be sick.

Nefertiti is not squeamish and loves Zino, Quorum and Encre noir - but Citron noir is only erreur and horreur. Ce citron non!

Bad chemistry, on my skin anyway. I already know that, it seems to be a special kind of Ambroxan, but it has never been so bad. It's comforting to know that some of these people had the same fate
What a shame!
I was thrilled!
Inspired by the comments on this page I stormed into a branch of a German perfumery chain. Test smell! Wonderful! Bought!
Meanwhile, since approx. 3 weeks, I perceive the smell only reluctantly.
There is only a hint of citron noir left. Unfortunately, this breath is drowned out by an aroma mixture of oil-impregnated wood, disinfectant and something "indefinable"!
Maybe it's me?
My wife finally gave in to my pleading and tried the black lemon herself.
Now we both smelled something very individual.
What a shame!
Dreamlike is better!
Oops, the "water of the black lemon" is discussed quite controversially here and it doesn't seem to really "hit". Astonishing! While there is a lot of harmony in the citric Eau de Cologne area, the "Eau de Citron Noir" is very pleasant. Oh what, pleasant: Dreamlike is better!

The very first minutes belong to a biting, spicy citrus prelude. The smell of the "Calabrian lemon" is unfortunately not present to me, but the top note reminds me of a fresh, ripe grapefruit, strong and herbaceous. That's good, that's nice, but of course it doesn't make this perfume so special. It flashes when after a few minutes the teen note is added, not a bitter East Frisian tea fix, but a mild black tea that changes wonderfully with the lemon. But it gets really exciting when, after about an hour, the scent of warm, sun-charged woods creeps in - whereby, surprisingly, each of the three components remains in the base note, the scent experience simply increases in complexity. This is a very special Eau-de-Cologne experience, dark and fresh, dry and cool, not a bit scratchy or beastly, harmonious, but anything but pleasing and extremely independently composed. For me a fragrance with a real WOW effect!

Well, the Sillage is "only" on a good EdC level after the dynamic start, but the durability of six hours is quite impressive and the bottle of a beautiful, dark and very matching night blue. I'm not really impressed by this, but I admit that I've always been fascinated by the bottles of Hermes' "colourful" Eau series in their simple yet extraordinarily striking design, but so far none of the fragrances they contain has really convinced me!

Well, now what's with the "black lemon"? As other reviewers before me have already explained, it is actually an Arabian lime that is boiled in salt water and then dried in the sun. The fruit turns black, the shrunken and Loomi fruits taste intensely fruity, smoky and sweetish earthy. I suspect that it would be very difficult (or in case of doubt expensive!) to extract essential oil from the Loomi and that Madame Nagel has reproduced this fragrance experience molecularly. But one way or another, a "water of black lemon" evokes dreamlike, Mediterranean-exotic associations that the fragrance does justice to. Chapeau!

Gold
"Loomi amani" from the bottle
I just had to have that scent. Quite simply because it has a stunningly great top note, which is based on the Persian dried lime, also called "citron noir" or "black lime". Such a borrowing to the Persian kitchen has never existed with a smell as far as I know. An experience for me, because I often cook with "loomi amani", especially my favourite dish "Khorescht-e Ghormeh-Sabzi", a kind of stew made of many, extremely fragrant, green herbs, beans and some meat (which you can also replace with soy if you like). In order to achieve the special balance of acidity and herbal spice, several dried limes are added to the "Ghormeh-Sabzi" dish, which are pricked and cooked beforehand. The result is a typical, inimitable taste.
I don't know if Christine Nagel is familiar with Persian cuisine, but she might well have been inspired by the richness of this region. In any case, she has created a very attractive top note that I don't want to miss anymore. How long does it last? Unfortunately, only briefly, about three minutes. Then a strong, modern wood note begins, combined with a smoky tea accord.
You can find that average or boring; I just think it's okay. Hermes is not a niche house, but a solid mainstream. The wood chord looks very synthetic, but this is no different with new Diors/ Chanels/ YSLs - and they are often worn, sold a lot.
After five to six hours, "Citron Noir" slowly decays. The shelf life is therefore above average, especially for a cologne.
Due to the strong, but after some time exhausting wood note, the fragrance gives me a strong aura. One could say (conservatively speaking) that "Citron noir" has a rather male connotation.
P.S. I've passed it on now. To the man by my side
4.5
Fragrance preferences
Yesterday the fragrance expert Müller - Grünow gave a lecture to Markus Lanz.

Very interesting his results in fragrance research.
If you overslept, you can have a look at the ZDF Mediathek again.

Anyway, I was so animated that I wanted to test an unknown fragrance.
Rise and shine - and take Citron Noir.

The lemon greets me deliciously - fresh and sweet, not sour at all.
In the middle of the night I smell morning air.
But then the wood creeps in, first pleasantly, but it compacts, becomes more and more massive and drier - up to brittleness.

Stick on head - they say here in the Kohlenpott.
The husband also indignantly withdraws from me.

Yes - there are individual fragrance preferences - I can only agree with Mr Müller Grünow.
This "scent" falls through my personal grid.

It's comforting to know that my better half of the world sees it the same way.

Despite numerous washes, a solid wood plate still sticks to my forearm today.
So the durability is enormous.

My husband, as a forester, is basically very fond of wood, but he still leaves me, because this note seems very unnatural.

Conclusion: It is worth taking a look at the media library - a test of this Hermes is unlikely.

I was trading lemons.

full on the 12
Today we finally tested the Eau de Citron Noir. I've been meaning to for a long time. Thought it might be a super summer scent. I thought...

So the fragrance begins with an incredibly great fresh lemon note. Really tasty and very authentic. Great.

But then it comes. The lemon makes room and appearance wood! But artificial, but so what! Terrible! This terrible wood note really takes your breath away. I'll be on my 12 with that plastic wooden stick. Whew!
That'll last an hour or so. Then it's finally getting less and a barely perceptible teenage note comes through. Too weak, I'm afraid. What the wood was too much, the tea is now too little pronounced for me.

Sillage is not outstanding, but with this perfume it is also quite good for your fellow men. After 6 hours the fragrance is completely gone.

All in all this would be a great idea and unfortunately badly implemented. I was expecting more and I'm honestly a little disappointed.

Also the bottle is badly chosen, because it is really easy to confuse. Yes ok, he is a trace "blueer" but there one could have thought of more.

Too bad....

Jazzy76Jazzy76 14 months ago
The magic of the night in a scent: a fresh opening gives way to darker and mysterious Woody notes. Very sexy and "blue".Average sillage.
Pietros921Pietros921 2 years ago
Acqua di Parma wannabe fragrance, not special at all but it’s a great daily fragrance to wear all year round. Perfect perf. For an edcologne

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Elixir des Merveilles by Hermès Concentré de Pamplemousse Rose by Hermès Hiris by Hermès