Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate (2016)

Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate is a popular perfume by Hermès for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is still in production.

Christine Nagel

Rhubarb, Musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 14.01.2020.

8.0 7.0 7.0/10

Hitchslap
life stages in scent evolution
So when I first took a sniff of this I immediately thought: fruity, feminine and teen.
I still feel it leans feminine but I really like the rhubarb and musk that this eventually settles into.
When first applied it smells very fruitberry-like, brings to mind Bath and Body Works type of body wash, lotion and who knows what other form, but it does move forward, matures, if you will.
This definitely settles down but this, by no means, can be confused with more formal type of scents. You really got to like rhubarb, I do, that's why I think Mugler's B*Men is great.

Casual as can be and warmer daytime activity.
8.0 5.0 5.0 7.5/10

Beere
From the fruit fly nightmare to the fresh butterfly
Jeeeaaah, another fragrance in my collection.

It should be fresh, because summer and all is just around the corner.
It shouldn't be arbitrary, after all I don't want to smell like every 2nd,3rd girl.

With this performance I went out and came home with Rhubarbe.

Well, I didn't like the first schnief... too sour, too bitter, something of rotten fruit... in my imagination I had fruit flies sitting on me. Bah! No! Who wants to smell like that?
Since I speak from experience, I wanted to wait a little longer, to give the fragrance its development time, so to speak. Again and again the nose went in the direction of fragrance and more and more I noticed that it became softer. The corrupted fruit like disappeared together with the fruit flies and more and more he metamorphosed into a fresh rhubarb butterfly. I suppose the musk made its entrance and made it softer.

And now it smells fresh, bitter like Rharbarber and so different than others in my collection.
He is not for me 10 out of 10, but I have him with because he still likes well and on hot days is certainly great, because he also has little Sillage and yes, he does not last forever.
Unfortunately, my fresh rhubarb continues to flutter quickly.
7.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

Helpful Review
Rhubarb is my vegetable
No, no cake. I want compote! Sour and juicy and only slightly sweetened.
The tongue crushes soft rhubarb fibres. Bright red lips drink rhubarb juice spritzer, tingling and clear. It doesn't have to be organic.
"Don't chew on the raw stems!" I hear my granny calling from afar. Already as a child I loved the big, green leaves on purple red. Rhubarb is my vegetable!
Pure nature, but exciting. Not with corduroy pants and rubber boots. That's nice, too, but only sometimes.

I can't quite imagine him in a man. But he's so good.... he should be there for everyone!
5.0 4.0 4.0 6.5/10

Lively, wiry rhubarb cocktail, after 20 minutes gone
I don't know whether "cocktail" really fits, perhaps the summery scent of Hermès simply moves me to this expression. In any case, the rhubarb, a rare guest in perfumes, which gives the fragrance its name here, refreshes in a pleasantly sour and tangy way that stands out from many uniform summer fragrances.

"Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate" comes across as very puristic overall, with its fruit-like, discreetly sour character (my 3-year-old daughter always says "sourly"), it is quite lightly feminine in tone.

What I can't completely free myself from, however, is the memory of a certain 8x4 deodorant my mother used in the 90s and which I found somewhat annoying. The ridge is a bit narrower here, the not exactly cheap Hermès looks quite aromatic, as if he scars very closely along the style of the very cheap Girlie fruit scents, whereby I think that he just gets the curve qualitatively. Is it because of the rather less valuable musk?

But the underground durability is really bad. Not much longer than a half-time break the Hermès works on my skin, disappears frighteningly fast.

All in all a quite nice fragrance with said style and endurance weak points, worth a test in summer.
7.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Also for fruit enemies
Unfortunately, I'm not a fruit eater - and I'd rather avoid the healthy vitamin donors.

But it's the controversial rhubarb that attracts me.
Hardly any fruit - or is it a vegetable - polarises like him.

Even as a child I liked to put the stalk in the sugar bowl and enjoyed the sweet, bitter and sour taste.
All taste buds are addressed here.

And what a festive day when my ma put her rhubarb cake on the table, topped with a snow-white meringue blanket that crackled pleasantly when it was cut and in her mouth.

To my astonishment my father and my husband pretended to be full of paper - so full, they don't like a leaf - määh.
Even in this heavenly form they could be hunted with rhubarb.

So it didn't surprise me when I entered the house with rhubarb blowing around, to see the husband in reverse.
The stirngerunzelte question was whether I would have bought rhubarb.
Yes - so natural is the invigorating Hermes !
I take a break from art - and for a change look into a relieved face as I present the bottle.
He also swallows my new hummer jacket without comment, which even I find shrill.
It should always be that way.

I enjoy the bitter freshness of rhubarb, to which fine sweetness is added by musk - and the husband is pleased that neither rhubarb compote nor cake are waiting for him.

Win Win Situation

Load of Rhubarb
Juicy crisp red fruity stem, an herbaceous green undertone and lots of delicately sweet acidity make up this photo realistic portrait of Rhubarb.
Underneath lie impressions of a dry hawthorn flower and rosehips, with ionones, all set on an intrusively strong white musky base.

Rhubarb has been stalking perfumery's hinterland for a decade or so now - since it first appeared under the CdG label - but this Hermès is the first time the vegetable fruit has made the big league; begging the question - is Rhubarb a good idea?
I'm not sure; don't know that I would wear Rhubarb myself; I suspect it's rather too gimmicky to stand the test of time, but let high summer be the judge of that.

If only this juice had the power to divert, by one single iota, the course of high street masculines' away from their savage nose stinging grapefruit obsession then I would be content to spend from now until September smelling like I had just stepped into the Wakefield Rhubarb Triangle.

AmberScent 11 months ago
Sweet and sour veggies is not my idea of an acomplished perfume. I believe it may please many people, but I am not in the mood for a salad.+3
5.5
Lillibet 23 months ago
Tart crisp tangy rhubarb, not too sweet, not too sour with a lovely rosey undertone. A lighthearted, relaxing, and easy to wear fragrance.+3

by Doctorsdyery
by Tatjanas
by Mieke92
by Mieke92

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Toit by Hermès Eau des Merveilles by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Un Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès Le Jardin de Monsieur Li by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Jour d'Hermès (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Un Jardin après la Mousson by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Twilly d'Hermès by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès