Hermessence Ambre Narguilé 2004

Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès
Bottle Design Alnoor Design
Top 25 in Unisex Perfume
Hermessence Ambre Narguilé is a popular perfume by Hermès for women and men and was released in 2004. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

AmbergrisAmbergris
VanillaVanilla
FrankincenseFrankincense
White orchidWhite orchid
CinnamonCinnamon

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.10.2021.

Ela35
I can't do without you anymore :)
You just enchanted me with your delicate,warm notes and now I can't do without you....

A warm spicy scent, sweet but not overbearing. I smell cinnamon, honey and rum. Maybe some raisins and prunes.
The fragrance is a promise and a paradisiacal promise. One never gets bored with it....

The fragrance is simply dreamlike... So tender, warm, soft and beautiful? My personal blanket. !

The Ambre Narguile will always remain my faithful companion.
Vogue2011
Luxury honey in Baccarat glass, with leather lid, packed in an orange box with brown ribbon :-)
I had heard about the Hermessence fragrances already much...

Before the last lockdown in December 2020, I visited again quickly the Hermès boutique here in FFM and headed directly to the corner with the fragrances.

After a Ausschnuppern of the entire collection (and slow failure of my nose) liked me Ambre Narguilé of all the best, so: Bought :-) My gooddie before the renewed lockdown!

Fans of HONEY come here in my opinion at your expense! For me, the honey note is omnipresent in this fragrance, and, as a very "in the head to everything a situation erschaff" person (can you say so?) I had the following image in mind:

Lauer summer day in the Provence... Sun, blue sky... Ride on the best horse, true to style with Hermès saddle and in Hermès travel boots with matching crop... Back at the country estate, a table set with the "Ete comme Hiver" crockery, fresh bread, silver cutlery, fresh milk.... And then fresh, fragrant honey on the bread :-)

La vie est belle ;-)
my better angels share
Hello you fragrance freaks,
today I have times a fragrance tested, which was sent to me without request for it. Here is my impression:

The first sniff:

Cinnamon-cinnamon
And very obviously so. The sweetish spice does not hide but shows itself in its full glory. In combination with a few other fragrance notes, which now also find the beeline to my nose, meets me initial a gourmand.
Baked goods, whose dough must have been tossed in a bowl with lots of aromatic spices, like the listed ginger, and coumarin. The scent then gets warmer and warmer, where I suspect vanilla has its fingers in the pie. It ensures that the spiciness doesn't dominate the scent too much, so it can be described more as gourmand than spicy. The incense is also noticeably strong on the nose. The fragrance thus gets an antique, not outdated character, which I appreciate very much.

The course:
The fragrance drives only for a short time this spicy-aromatic track, then I make neat Ambra ausfindig (fortunately, otherwise the name Ambre Narguilé would probably be misleading) After about 10 minutes I sniff namely the typical Ambra character : something tobacco, dry, whereby the fragrance comes along powdery, almost dusty dry, while he stubbornly sticks to its warm basic character.
Meanwhile, I find the perfume to be aphrodisiac now that the spiciness has subsided a bit. Ambergris is really the star of the fragrance, which from this development becomes unique for me. Beautiful!
After 15 minutes, I then sense a completely different impact, something floral.... that must be then probably the orchid.
What I do not perceive in the fragrance, by the way, is tonka and sesame... the go on my skin unfortunately totally under.
The rum isn't really prominent here either, it's totally masked by the cinnamon, much like it is in Kilian's Angels Share, which I didn't like at all, by the way.

The scent progression is rather linear, even if I could definitely detect one or the other development, especially at the beginning.
Unfortunately, I find that the bottle does not do justice to its content, because I find it quite simple and unspectacular in comparison.

Conclusion:
I really like this perfume because of the spicy sweetness. I like the dry heat that the scent gives off, it makes it unique to me. It won't end up on my wishlist for now, but eventually my bottling will come to an end and you know what that means...
What do you guys think? Write it to me gladly in a comment
Love Jasmin

A cinnamon dream
If you love cinnamon, you have to try this scent and you will love it. Angels Share by Kilian is a clear clone, just beastlier and spicier. If you prefer more honey, you're better off with Kilian. Hermes, on the other hand, is also more subtle, more elegant.
In any case, something for the cold days
What can I say...
Lush attack with spice and warmth.
I smell a trace of orange (?) Raisins (?)
Exactly raus riechen I can not smell the individual fragrance notes with my "Leihen nose".
Maybe coumarin, amber, labdanum and ginger - a bit of tobacco, hay and resin...
Honey flows warmly.
A sip of rum.
The scent becomes round and soft and sweet.
Ginger in the background, does not let the fragrance become a wimp.
Still missing the cinnamon and maybe an idea of the orichdee :)

The sillage does not seem as strong as thought.
I find that quite good, if one is not slain and my peers turn up their noses.
So you can spray the fragrance even on a holiday for breakfast.
Two sprays are enough though.

Hmm, could be something floral there.
I'm starting to notice cinnamon too.
Sweet, warm, spicy.
Tobacco smoke.

For the evening by the fireplace, the scent certainly fits exceptionally well.
I can imagine the scent going wonderfully with the smell of the blazing fire.
Smoky, woody, resinous and warmly enveloping.
A glass of wine or even rum; perfect!
Paris91
Silent night? Not with this one!
Hermessence Ambre Narguilé is for me one of the most beautiful Hermès fragrances next to L'Ambre des Merveilles. Generally, I'm not so the Hermès fan but the two have it to me really angetan.

Hermessence Ambre Narguilé I bought 3 weeks ago. Already at the first sniff, he hit me right in the heart. Wow I thought to myself. He has such an insane sweetness, which does not necessarily suggest a unisex fragrance. The fragrance is quaffable, (very) sweet, warm, sexy, just awesome!

HAN smells like a syrupy mass that you can slowly flow over the warm skin.
The honey I smell here not explicitly out. All fragrance notes are interwoven with each other. The ginger gives a bit of spiciness, cinnamon and incense the somewhat Christmas spice, amber, honey and caramel the quaffable sweet. Rum you can actually sniff out but also something.

Even though Hermessence Ambre Narguilé is a beautiful fragrance, the H&S is very strong. Here is really enough one spray. Well, last night it was two.
And I tell you that sticks to me like wax on the skin, so that I was already sick at night. And that has nothing to do with the food, because there was traditionally no roast or anything else ;)

I love fragrances with strong H&S, but that's like BR540, if I have's constantly in the nose for hours, then I get sick. Price-wise, but that speaks for the fragrance ;)

Unisex? For me, yet rather very feminine, but I would have to spray my husband for this assessment times with it. But certainly not today. Today there is namely roast and cake and who knows what else! HAN must now stay in the closet for a few days!!!!
Tom27
Grandma's apple pie with everything, please!
The fragrance opens with a burnt, sugary, warm amber dressed in scented tobacco. The tobacco appears soft and fruity and underlines the gentle character of the fragrance in the most excellent way. As it progresses, the fragrance changes to a slightly spicy baked apple note, which blends with the aroma of honey almond and cinnamon. In the background, I also perceive a delicate ginger paired with tonka bean, which gives the fragrance an additional delicate pungent note. The fragrance at this point almost resembles a delicious, freshly baked warm apple pie with a light rum note. In the course of further development, the tobacco note becomes weaker and various resins such as benzoin and labdanum move to the fore. With the rum aromas still present and the sweet smelling resins, Hermessence Ambre Narguilé dries out more and more. With a perfect symbiosis of amber and gentle resins, the fragrance finishes after about 9 hours. The projection can be described as pleasantly average over the entire course.
All in all, I would assign the fragrance to the feminine rather than the masculine side.
For me, Hermessence Ambre Narguilé would be a perfect fragrance for the cold season, especially around Christmas.

Sticky, delicious and... yummi
Imagine you take a vanilla pod, roll it in cinnamon bark, caramelise it with sugar and dip the result in a large glass of honey.
Sound cute? Well, that's an understatement. The words sweet and goumandig were invented for this perfume.
When you enter the world of fragrances, if you are interested, you quickly reach a point where you meet Oajan from PdM or hear about this fragrance. Oajan was also quickly on my wish list. After I had the scent in my nose, I was convinced that I had already found something very sweet. Well, I was wrong. Ambre Narguile beats Oajan by a long way when it comes to stickiness. Because the sweetness feels even more on the tongue to really taste it.
Straight cinnamon and honey become the secondly companion, which become permanently noticeable.

In order to stay with the comparison, if you don't want to overdo it and want to come across a little more reserved, Ambre Narguile should avoid or rather be more careful with it, as the scent goes beyond any gourmand scale and can be very intrusive. Therefore Oajan is the better choice for most people. AN is only wearable when you are out in the fresh air and when the smell is somewhat muffled by the cold.
Serenissima
valuable mood enhancer in gold
Honey, caramel, vanilla and cinnamon: this could truly be a recipe for Christmas baking.
But Hermès used these and other fine spices to create a fragrance that makes the sun shine and spreads warmth even on days like today.
And that is so necessary: the sheep cold has us also this year firmly and punctually in the grasp; fortunately is heated, but the right summer mood does not want to adjust itself so at all.
Grey, damp, windy and just depressing the mood: that's how this Monday is!
The temptation to crawl under the warm blanket again is damn big!

Even before getting up it is clear to me: today "Hermessence Ambre Narguilé" has to make sure that this day doesn't "come under the wheels" from the very beginning.
Actually, I'm not a sweet mouth at all and gourmandig-sweet makes me shy away for now.
But as you know, exceptions confirm the rule.
This scent has done it to me from the first spraying. Can777 knew very well what he was doing when he put it in my package.

Honey, caramel, vanilla and cinnamon greet me right at the beginning.
Also Sesame (a little roasted?) raises its head, makes quietly, but certainly on itself attentively.
This golden warmth makes my senses float easily: so I am today right above the clouds. With the proverbial freedom there will be nothing, the day has too much scaffolding.
But the illusion of sun and heat - it is already there!
Ginger brings a certain, also warming spiciness and the aroma of the Tonka bean, again and again unmistakably, has the not exactly scented white orchid in tow!
The scent increases; it becomes more mature and fuller.
The resinous spice of benzoin and labdanum, together with coumarin lead this scent chord from the sweetness into the somewhat scratchy spiciness. It's good for the scent!
In addition there is a beautifully matured dark rum.
There's nothing here with "Bacardi feeling"!
No, a heavy, palatable rum in deep gold, as it is used for a good, warming grog, is added and makes this creamy scent a bit more palatable!
A light smile appears - it is not a buzz, but perhaps the preliminary stage to it?
Musk greets here and will persevere in his presence. Also this was skillfully dosed - too much or too little of it would let this fragrance formation "tip over" according to my feeling probably.
For the climax of this golden being, Hermès has saved two magnificent firecrackers: Amber and incense! What an impressive couple!
Full-bodied and smoky - this time not a bit scratchy: it is simply fantastic what has developed here in the interplay of the aromas of all these delicacies!
It's no longer "Bonjour Tristesse", but only "Bonjour Sérénité"!

"Hermessence Ambre Narguilé" spreads a wonderful, lasting serenity as its duration progresses.
The light melancholy caused by the grey disappears, everything looks lighter and warmer!
Thus the above-average duration of the fragrance is a double blessing; for a long time this golden fragrance flatters and all the delicious ingredients have the opportunity to fully develop and combine into a tasty whole!

"Golden" and "noble" are the words that come to mind for this precious creation!
There's nothing here with cool understatement; here you're padding, spilling and scooping out of the water!
With a result that has it in it and drives away the smallest thought of moping!
Isn't that beautiful?
Duftsucht
Smell or perfume, that's the question.
There are things that smell fabulously good for me - and yet I don't want to smell it: Sacher cake, chocolate hazelnut cream, garlic olive oil sage lemon zest marinade (right, we had lamb today). That's why I have a problem with gourmand scents. And Ambre Narguilé is clearly a gourmand scent. The first breath is rum, vanilla, cinnamon, the second breath: even more rum, vanilla, cinnamon. I can well understand the association with apple strudel, although for me this fragrance does not smell fruity at all. But such a real apple strudel doesn't smell primarily like apples, but like caramelized sugar, cinnamon, rum raisins (with me with MUCH rum!) and vanilla, so it fits again somehow. But Ambre Narguilé can do much more: It is also resinous and has in my nose a hint of a bitter sharpness. An irresistible mixture of sweet, cuddly, resinous and spicy. In the process it loses for me the strong rum-vanilla-cinnamon note, becomes resinous-vanilla-moschusig and pleases me from hour to hour ever better.
And I, who make a giant bow around gourmand scents and only tested the Hermes scent because it came to me as a sample and I am incorrigibly curious, have to admit it: The scent has converted me - it's a smooth 10 for me! And if there was an elf, it would be an elf or a dozen points. However, the scent does raise a question for me: Would I really wear it like that in the wild? Would I really be comfortable smelling that way? And that brings me back to my headline: Is that a sensationally good smell for me, but not a portable scent? Nevertheless, I am so fascinated by Ambre Narguilé that I plan to get myself a bottle. Because like now, when I'm lolling on the bed, outside the thunderstorm rages, I can't imagine anything I'd rather smell!

MrLawmanMrLawman 3 months ago
A trendsetter in gourmand perfumery

Ambery, warm, sweet apple pie perfume that wears elegantly.

Luxerious scent bubble

Ellena's touch
ElkayElkay 7 months ago
Very rich tobacco-cinnamon-honey. It could be a cloying nightmare but Jean Claude Ellena knows what he's doing. Would love this on a man.
PerfumeaholKPerfumeaholK 7 months ago
Really nice composition. May I say incredible! but performance is so-so
BertolucciKBertolucciK 11 months ago
So delicious! Apple pie with cinnamon and caramel/honey. In the drydown, I get a moist tobacco, rum, vanilla, tonka. Perfect gourmand scent.

by ChatonNoir
by Thecombad
by Gwiazdka72
by Gwiazdka72

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Calèche (Soie de Parfum) by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Concentré de Pamplemousse Rose by Hermès Elixir des Merveilles by Hermès