Hermessence Paprika Brasil

(2006)
Hermessence Paprika Brasil by Hermès
Flacon Design: Alnoor Design
Hermessence Paprika Brasil is a perfume by Hermès for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesClove, Paprika, Pimento
Heart Notes Heart NotesGreen leaves, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesPrecious woods, Mignonette

Submitted by Sani, last update on 05.02.2017

Helpful Review    3 Awards
cool iris in the eye of the peppery storm
The sharp salsa like opening of Paprika Brazil lets you inhale, right off the bat, the fiery aroma of the dust of dry and slightly smoked paprika. Immediately following in its trail is a punch delivered by the oil of fresh red pimento chilies. Within seconds more colours arrive and the flavour spectrum is enriched via green bell peppers (left whole and untouched) - just the smell of their skin, and cloves with a faint dusting of cinnamon.
A soothing is offered shortly after by a cameo of green and very fragrant floral notes featuring in their centre a cool powdery persisting iris placed on peppery and very slightly smokey woods.
Throughout its life Paprika Brasil's various facets playfully urge and splash to the surface like olfactory fireworks of contrasting colours, textures and temperatures. I enjoy the scent's jubilant spontaneity on my skin - in contrast to the frustrating experience of most reviewers. Don't overthink it - just enjoy!
To those who like Paprika Brasil I would recommend to try Poivre Samarcande as well.
Bottle 5.0/10
Sillage 5.0/10
Longevity 5.0/10
Scent 7.0/10
Helpful Review    5 Awards
A spicy Iris scent. Something unusual and unique.
Jean-Claude Ellena was inspired by Brazil when creating this fragrance, with a specific focus on Brazilwood (from which the name of the country originated). In any case, I see this primarily as an Iris-based fragrance.

I like the spicy touch with the pimento/paprika vibe. Upon first application I initially thought it smelt a little like food (I happen to use paprika a lot in cooking), but I've since grown to appreciate the Iris note, and I now know that I like it very much and would happily wear it.

Again, I find some of the Hermessence line creations a little fleeting, and for the price that is a slight issue. However I won't deny that I like this fragrance. I find it different and unique. Earthy Iris and chilli, giving off a spicy-green floral vibe. Good stuff.
Scent 5.0/10
Helpful Review    5 Awards
a solo by red pepper
Do you like the tune that red pepper plays all by itself? This may be your scent, then. It's the only perfume I know that is based so strongly on red pepper, and it's quite pleasant. But there's not much to say about it. It smells as though it is literally JUST red pepper, even though other notes are listed.

It's very rare, though, that I find myself captivated any more by a folk singer with a guitar. Give me instead a jazz quintet or a piece of chamber music where the oboe and the flute take turns leading the way or a neo-soul singer with a small backing band.

Because I prefer the interplay among instruments and notes, I'd rather smell my red pepper in the company of other scents. I'm a big fan of Mugler's A*Men Gout du Parfum, in which red pepper plays with coffee, cedar, and peppermint. It's not interesting enough to listen to all by itself as in Paprika Brasil.

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Toit by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Eau des Merveilles by Hermès Jour d'Hermès (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès Un Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Le Jardin de Monsieur Li by Hermès Un Jardin après la Mousson by Hermès Rocabar by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Elixir des Merveilles by Hermès