Hermessence Paprika Brasil 2006

Hermessence Paprika Brasil by Hermès
Bottle Design Alnoor Design
Hermessence Paprika Brasil is a perfume by Hermès for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

PaprikaPaprika EmbersEmbers IrisIris

Submitted by Sani, last update on 23.01.2022.

Cumulnimbus
A great uncommon contemporary iris
I'm among the few how seem to love the delicacy of this spicy iris scent. I love iris but find most of its recent reinterpretations are just quite repetitive and boring, this was a surprise. I didn't even expected to like it, paprika it very present in my culture and I know it can be extremely intrusive and persistent, but here even when the name leads to expect paprika to have the main role, it is just a pinch in the blend, a small one which adds shine to a beautiful bouquet of fresh green iris flowers. It lies and dries on a noble wooden bed spiced with clove's powder.

Its texture is semitransparent and delicate.

projection is moderate but the perfume lasts for good 7 to 8h on skin.

An elegant unique and discrete oddity of underrated beauty.

MasterLi
A spicy Iris scent. Something unusual and unique.
Jean-Claude Ellena was inspired by Brazil when creating this fragrance, with a specific focus on Brazilwood (from which the name of the country originated). In any case, I see this primarily as an Iris-based fragrance.

I like the spicy touch with the pimento/paprika vibe. Upon first application I initially thought it smelt a little like food (I happen to use paprika a lot in cooking), but I've since grown to appreciate the Iris note, and I now know that I like it very much and would happily wear it.

Again, I find some of the Hermessence line creations a little fleeting, and for the price that is a slight issue. However I won't deny that I like this fragrance. I find it different and unique. Earthy Iris and chilli, giving off a spicy-green floral vibe. Good stuff.

a solo by red pepper
Do you like the tune that red pepper plays all by itself? This may be your scent, then. It's the only perfume I know that is based so strongly on red pepper, and it's quite pleasant. But there's not much to say about it. It smells as though it is literally JUST red pepper, even though other notes are listed.

It's very rare, though, that I find myself captivated any more by a folk singer with a guitar. Give me instead a jazz quintet or a piece of chamber music where the oboe and the flute take turns leading the way or a neo-soul singer with a small backing band.

Because I prefer the interplay among instruments and notes, I'd rather smell my red pepper in the company of other scents. I'm a big fan of Mugler's A*Men Gout du Parfum, in which red pepper plays with coffee, cedar, and peppermint. It's not interesting enough to listen to all by itself as in Paprika Brasil.

by RomanaFrangi
by RomanaFrangi
by HsChen
by HsChen
by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld

Popular by Hermès

Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Calèche (Soie de Parfum) by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Amazone (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès