Jour d'Hermès (2013) Eau de Parfum

Jour d'Hermès (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès
Jour d'Hermès (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Hermès for women and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Grapefruit, Watery notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Sweet pea, Green notes, White blossoms
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Woody notes

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 06.11.2019

Bodlwozl
Remember, you're not you when your perfume cupboard is empty
When I think of this scent, I see myself standing in the Hermès store in my city. Back in the early 20s, blond, tall, the heavy bottle in her hand - sniffing at this heavy fragrance. I was inspired by my boss at the time. Type: Monica Bellucci just a little rounder. Optically, the blatant opposite of me. Actually, it should have rung by now.
What can I say? I kind of liked him, but I wasn't sure. My perfume cupboard was empty and I wanted to get away from my standard (Armani Acqua di Gioia)...but you're not you when your perfume is coming to an end and there's no replacement...so I took it with me, the heavy bottle - fragrant, floral, but somehow also bitter.

I wore it 5 times, then I couldn't stand it anymore.
Heavy, heavy, too flowery, too loud, too existent, always there. Almost pushy. I felt like I had changed into the heavy bottle and was a running, heavy, oversized bouquet of flowers.
7.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

DonJuanDeCat
A beautiful spring, but a bit humid!
Hey, noses, welcome to a new comment from me. Today it is about Jour d'Hermès (EDP) of Hermès. Oh yes... Hermés is one of those fragrance brands that I really like a lot, but lately they have disappointed me a bit more than inspired me. Because normally every year I'm really excited about what they will bring next, and the last few times unfortunately weren't that great. Eau de Citron Noir, a fragrance with tea (!!), which I had been looking forward to so much, had only a woody scent apart from the super great (and unfortunately super short) top note. You can imagine that I screamed around here, because I'm such a tea fan... :D

And Un Jardin sur la Lagune, one of the newest fragrances against it, had unexpected synthetic notes that almost ruined the whole fragrance (I have to test it again, but my first impressions were quite negative...), oh dear... what happened to Hermès? Of course I'm going to start complaining now, when fragrances of a popular brand appear one after the other, which are then only average. (I don't know what the new Hermessence fragrances are like, by the way, as I haven't been able to try them yet...).

And with all the talk about average or mediocre scents I would like to introduce you with this scent another one, which is not so much the bringer either, but which is better than expected and smells very nice for a longer time, only with the small flaw that it comes across a little bit like 0815, but in this case it doesn't matter, as it already smells quite nice and I would classify it to the scents, which are a little better than the simple mediocrity.

The fragrance:
The scent begins with grapefruit and lemon, two nice, citric scents that come across refreshingly and smell good, even if everything smells slightly diluted, but this could also be due to the indicated watery notes. In addition there is a beautiful, creamy note, which makes the fragrance very soft and pleasant and which later becomes slightly powdery. Matching the creamy and powdery aura there are of course also sweet scents, the origin of which I cannot yet determine exactly.
Besides, there are general green notes that convey a feeling of spring and a little later these also come across as slightly herbaceous. Since the scent smells like a spring scent anyway, it's no wonder that flowers can be smelled, too, and that they generally come across as flowery to me instead of me telling you what kind of flowers you smell. Later, the citric notes are somewhat subdued, but the fragrance remains light and fresh. I'd put the sweetie in the musk now. This also has a slightly clean touch, so that the fragrance comes across nice and clean.
In the end, the citric notes disappear completely and the fragrance becomes more floral, with the floral notes appearing a little sultry but not so overwhelming. These sultry floral notes also smell slightly earthy, as if patchouli were present in the background. Otherwise, light woods are added, and as usual one smells the nice musk. A beautiful fragrance, which I would have liked much better with less sultry floral notes and which also smells like many other floral fragrances.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is mediocre to slightly weak. You don't have to be in close touch to smell it on others, but you should still be nearby. The shelf life is at least eight hours, which is very good, even if it should lose some intensity at a later hour.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular with rounded corners and a thick base. The name of the fragrance is at the bottom of the thick glass bottom, which looks nice. The bottle is filled with a beautiful, amber-coloured scented liquid and is closed with a white, cylindrical lid, which sits perfectly on the white spray head of the same size. A nice bottle, but more beautiful from Hermès.

Okay, you know what? The scent here is not as bad as I might have hinted at at the beginning! Yes I know that it is still rather mediocre, but this will rather attract the attention of people who already know quite a lot of scents, which are more critical and thus also more quickly the word "boring", instead of giving the scent a small chance (... you aristocrats, it does not always have to be Amouage or Kilian or something like that :D). Hey hey, let's be serious, the fragrance may not be super great and absolutely new now, but it smells very nice with its sweet flowery fragrances for a long time, and it also comes across very soft and feminine due to its creamy and powdery charisma. He is a bit sultry towards the end, but still not as sultry as these rather suffocating sultry floral scents.

It is well suited on warmer days in spring and (on not too hot) summer days as a light-hearted daily fragrance, ideal for work, university or similar occasions. This means that you can definitely have a look at this scent, especially if you just want to smell nice, at work or something, because the scent won't disturb anyone either. I even think a lot of people might like him.

So I myself am not disappointed by this fragrance, but I am reminded that a few years ago even the rather mediocre Hermès fragrances were somehow more beautiful than they are today, but let's see what else comes out of the brand, maybe we will all be surprised, at least I hope so :)

With this I close for today and wish you all a nice evening :)
9.0 8.0 8.0 7.0/10

Caramel-Gold coloured nectar
I was actually looking for a great & special rose scent (as often ;) - the dear saleswoman in the luxury fragrance house shows me a Hermès scent! Hello? I told you I was looking for a special rose scent...?

But she won't let up and sprayed Jour d'Hermès on an extravagant test strip... Shortly faned through the air she hands it to me... hmmm doesn't smell like rose to me, but quite nicely floral...

He told me to test him on his skin, and he really comes terrific..... Well, somehow I was curious and let it "happen" to me:)

Wow, a gush of citrus and white flowers is flying towards me! "Quite a lot" - I think... The saleswoman sees my astonished expression and asks me how I find him...

... it's really great!
...and that's really not a lie! I really like this caramel yellow nectar...

After a while of chatting with the nice saleswoman and testing countless great (and also a few less great) scents in the luxury fragrance house (a good 2 hours) I notice how I sniff again and again at the handle where she had sprayed Jour d'Hermes on me...

The development of the fragrance is really awesome for me, I am thrilled..... I mainly perceive flowers and citric notes as well as a light touch of musk...

I decided that today is not a rose scent day and decided to give Jour d'Hermes a place of honor in my mirror cabinet --- point for the good saleswoman;)
7.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Delicate and refreshing...
Again, I am impressed by the work of Jean-Claude Ellena. This is an example of something beautiful and something which I think is a classic in the making.
First of all, I think because this task was given to someone like Ellena, the perfume really became something special in terms of female fragrances. It's very common to have a light, fruity floral mix which smells generic. But here, the focus has been on the balance between the delicate white florals, and a beautiful citrus undertone (mainly from grapefruit). You have notes like Gardenia and sweet pea and and a delicate lightness with just a touch of creaminess beneath, but never overpowering.

One thing I like about this fragrance is that at no point does this descend into powdery floral territory. In fact it keeps this delicate floral citrus balance throughout (which in my opinion is very hard to do). Again it shows the work of a master perfumer in my view.

With regards to performance and longevity, this Eau de Parfum projects on my skin for the first 4-5 hours, with a further presence of about 2 hours after that. I feel that it does perform like an Eau de Toilette and I do with it would last longer. I can see this working very well in spring and summer, and great for wedding parties etc.

Really recommend this one as it stands out from the crowd of generic summer florals, and shows itself as something more delicate and beautiful. Really wonderful!
10.0 5.0 7.5 6.0/10

Terre with flowers?
I made a comment after reading Gold's review below that Jour is like Terre, but with flowers. To a certain extent, this is true ... but I have, again, had the same experience that I had with Terre. Jour has grown on me!

I was given a bag of samples some time ago, containing 5 or 6 of Jour, so I've been spraying every now and then, out of morbid curiosity I guess. This morning, I had that 'a-ha' moment ... and realised that while Jour is not groundbreaking in any way, M. Ellena's art definitely comes from an intensely cerebral place.
Jour d'Hermes is not a 'smell it and buy it' fragrance (at least for me), as so many offerings these days are designed to be. No padded top notes here ... just bright, crystalline citruses that have the exquisite sense to hang around for a while, before they segue into what I like to call a 'hush' of florals. Not overly sweet, I am still trying to figure out which part of the 'jour' this fragrance relates to ... but I'm pretty sure that it's before noon.
There is a dewiness here ... and a green-ness that feels like an open field spotted with nodding daisys and wild lillies. On this side of the fence is a gardenia bush glistening with dew, while the sweet peas in the formal border turn their faces to the sunshine.
The only negative for me here is the laundry Musk in the dry down ... yes, it provides a certain cleanliness to the composition ... but is really not something I enjoy on my skin.

So then ... lesson learned! Spend some time with the creations of this legendary perfumer (as one should!). Jour d'Hermes is thought provoking and will finally paint the image that it intends ... even if one doesn't feel the need to purchase it.
7.5 7.5 5.0/10

Gold
Monsieur Elléna's new quotations from his own creations
Lovely bottle, a playful and witty opening: It would be unfair of me not to recognize the good taste displayed by HERMES with this new scent in their line-up. JOUR comes along just in time to cater for the discerning perfume lover's penchant for reduced, but sparkling creations. The first whiff is brilliant, light, fresh - and you realize it couldn't be anything else but an HERMES - fragrance. Its formulation, in true J.C.Elléna-style, is modern, yet not in the least adventurous, i.e. innovative. It uses the same notes we encounter in "Un jardin sur le toit" and the same spices as in "Un jardin apres la mousson". There's a tangy green note as a counterpoint to the opening rush of apples and pears, mimosa leaves and fresh rose petals. The effect is exhilarating and a bit teasing, playful and witty - but I think Elléna harks back to his own history as a perfumer here. In his recent book I read that he feels sorry about the fact that "Un jardin apres la mousson" was a total commercial flop. "Jour" won't flop, it's less heavy on the spices, well-behaved, doesn't scream, it exudes a light-hearted nonchalence that centres the attention on you, not on the scent. It's an eclectic mix of other Elléna-scents and feels like a repetition. No surprises hidden anywhere, it simply has the clout of the Hermes name and its inherent sense of good taste, but it lacks something I'd call an "original formula". "Jour" has a curious calming effect on me, it feels like meeting a good old friend. But then again, don't the English say that familiarity breeds contempt?

Jazzy76 19 months ago
It's a quite pleasant citrusy-flowery scent, fresh and and perfect by day. But the lemon notes remind me to a soap for dishes!+1
6.0

Vielen lieben Dank für all die netten Kommentare und Euer Lob, es freut mich sehr !
Liquid Sunshine;-)
by Rattlebell
by Joe
by Joe

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Toit by Hermès Eau des Merveilles by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Un Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès Le Jardin de Monsieur Li by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Jour d'Hermès (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche by Hermès Un Jardin après la Mousson by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Twilly d'Hermès by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès