Jour d'Hermès Absolu (2014)

Jour d'Hermès Absolu is a popular perfume by Hermès for women and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-fruity. It is still in production.

Gardenia, Jasmine sambac, Apricot blossom

Submitted by Michael, last update on 12.08.2019

MisskMissk 2 years ago

„Pure Luxury”

DorothyGraceDorothyGrace 4 years ago

„Deceptive strength”

4.0 8.0 7.0 9.0/10

My summer firecracker
So I just read the comments here and was briefly irritated... all wrote of apricots. Oops. For me, grapefruit is from front to back. Hot beloved and cooling grapefruit, which then... will eventually be replaced by oriental notes.

In my association, in my feeling, the scent is a little Paris. A little art. A little freedom.

I love this fragrance very much despite its intensity in summer. Or because of its intensity. I'll have to think about that again. Fact is, this is my all time favourite for hot summer days and nights.

Only the bottle, I don't like it at all. I already hated him at Gardenia. It's hugely heavy, impractical to take with you, a block on your leg. I solved this for myself by buying the refill bottle and a small sweet bottle to go with it. So now I can enjoy my fragrance on the road and on summer trips. The perfect solution for me.
7.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

Pure Luxury
YouTube reviewer Beauty Meow was the one that encouraged me to test Jour d'Hermes Absolu. Four years ago I tested the original Jour d'Hermes and my experience was less than favorable. I found it to be too citrusy and strong for my personal tastes.

Jour d'Hermes Absolu also features the bold, citrusy grapefruit accord found in the original however I consider this blend to be much smoother despite it being a louder fragrance.

This fragrance is an autumnal, rich bouquet of gardenia, apricot blossom and jasmine. The grapefruit adds a tart-like aroma and the oakmoss and cedar in the base makes it slightly more earthy and warm.

Jour d'Hermes Absolu is a full-bodied floral on my skin. It's a fragrance along the same lines as My Burberry, J'Adore by Christian Dior and Sublime by Jean Patou. A classic, extremely elegant white floral best suited to the colder seasons and special occasions.

Hermes is a luxury brand in many ways, with Jour d'Hermes Absolu being the very epitome of the brand. I would also consider this fragrance one of the more wearable, less complicated scents from Jean-Claude Ellena's creations.
7.5 7.5 7.5 2.0/10

Deceptive strength
I had to go out today but wanted to try a new perfume anyway (always a bit dodgy if going somewhere where one might be trapped in a confined space with no escape route) - so what to choose?

I decided that Jour d'Hermes might be a safe bet. Why did I think that? Well the sales lady in the department store from where I picked up the perfume sample assured me it was lovely, sprayed hereself with one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight huge gusting bursts from the tester bottle, and sprayed one, two, three, four, five onto a testing card for me. It didn't smell much of anything but of course I now realise that having been hovering around her counter for upwards of an hour (and it was busy) I probably no longer could smell anything (possibly why I thought it had virtually no scent later that day when I tried it at home).

I gave myself four or five sprays on the arms from the tiny sample spray, checked the smell before I put my jumper on, then half an hour later headed for the door. So far so good.

The opening was gentle and smelt like the sugar syrup from a tin of peaches, tinned grapefruit, and musk. Not bad but a little too foody.

I warmed up a bit in the autumn sunshine as I drove along and so did the perfume. By the time I had finished my appointment in the rather warm hospital I was absolutely radiating.

I really don't like the way some of these modern formulas/aroma chemicals work on me. Close up my skin smells quite nice (soft wood notes, a bit of musk, fruity peach. grapefruit, shampoo like) but the smell that radiates, fills the room , and hangs in my clothes is very sour and artificial. It smells very much like a cleaning product (reminds me of Dettol Grapefruit Surface Wipes, and Lemon Flash Floor Cleaner) , is honking strong, and radiates.

I am four hours into the wear and still leaving a very noticeable trail.
6.0/10

Gratuitous Fruity Fresh Flanker
Fruity, fresh and a little back note of acetone. Apple-ish, pear and just alright sillage which is going to disapper before the 3 hour mark- c'est dommage. This pales in comparison to some of Hermes other divine creations also--- going to retest against Un Jardin Sur Toit"...I think we may have a genetic match here. Not inviting on my skin in the least.

by Hamraz
by Boubou
by Miaw2
by Miaw2

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Toit by Hermès Eau des Merveilles by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Un Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès Le Jardin de Monsieur Li by Hermès Jour d'Hermès (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche by Hermès Un Jardin après la Mousson by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Twilly d'Hermès by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès