L'Ambre des Merveilles 2012

L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès
Bottle Design Serge Mansau
L'Ambre des Merveilles is a popular perfume by Hermès for women and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Eau des Merveilles

AmberAmber
LabdanumLabdanum
PatchouliPatchouli
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.10.2021.

Autumn joy
Now autumn has finally arrived and it's time again for my warmer fragrances.... finally ?

Today he finally made his appearance again.

One can take here quiet 5-6 sprays well distributed, he is not a monster.
He is like a warm and golden embrace, he gives me through his amber and vanilla a pleasant, cozy, in the autumn very well fitting, aura. He stays close to me and never annoys.

He is just wonderful ambriet, slightly vanilla, finely spiced and subtly sweet.

He fits wonderfully to the autumn and thereby to every circumstance, whether at work, to a meal, meeting with friends or simply a cozy day
Serenissima
Swing and float = scented pleasure!
Even as a child, I loved to swing; I could hardly walk past a swing: much to my mum's worry.
She was afraid that in my enthusiasm I would fall off and hurt myself; which fortunately never happened!
It was a feeling like flying: the short little skirt fluttered and I kept regretting that she insisted on having my hair cut short - how I would have loved to have experienced a white-blond splendour in the "airstream". Child's dreams!
Later, and (quite honestly!) even today, there are always occasions when I stop longingly at the swings in playgrounds and - especially on balmy summer nights - can't resist.
The summer skirts still flutter and the hair, now longer but still blond, often comes loose from the knot: the feeling of childlike simple joy and freedom has remained!

This feeling of weightlessness also gives me "L'Ambre des Merveilles"; it's as if I'm swimming on a wave of fragrance, entering it and happily emerging again!
Into the creamy white whipped foam of vanilla; warm and enticing, it nestles against my skin. The goddess of love Venus personally hands me the sponge!
Quietly picked up momentum again, to be able to properly enjoy the gold stream of amber, which is generously distributed over it: what sensual immersion in a luxurious world - please, please more of it!
My wishes come true: I get more, much more!
Patchouli, my beloved golden-brown fragrance gemstone, adds eroticizing accents: "L'Ambre des Merveilles" glows from within.
So that this dream in vanilla creamy white, Ambergold and patchouli golden brown does not remain just foam, this fragrance spirit was given a slightly spicy-resinous framework of labdanum: exactly what was missing!
The icing on the "I" is hereby found; "L'Ambre des Merveilles" closes to a creamy soft round dance that tantalizes me.

I feel like I'm in scented heaven, surrounded by lots of golden-white creamy dots!

It's a like floating; the normal swaying would diminish the pleasure: you should take your time for this fragrance goddess. Hermès delivers it; a fragrance bath: a perceived eternity long!
Only slowly burst the fine, still fragrant bubbles; what remains is a feeling of warmth and tenderness.
"L'Ambre des Merveilles" resembles the voluptuous immersion in a caressing, rich wave of fragrance:
"Born of foam" is an excellent fit here!
Laurali
Back then at the carnival
L'Ambre des Merveilles is once again one of those scents that takes me back to my childhood.

You know that feeling when you were a kid and it was THE season you looked forward to all year? Because it was summer (for me, anyway), when numerous funfairs were held and I couldn't wait to try out every single attraction (only the kid-friendly ones, of course) and dust off as many sweets as I could.

Now you're probably wondering where I got the idea that L'Ambre des Merveilles smells like a fair, because most reviews that feature a fair play on scents that smell like cotton candy. But this one doesn't!

This scent does not smell at all like cotton candy, lollipops, popcorn, or roasted almonds.

This scent smells like dextrose bracelets. Yes indeed!

Freshly sprayed on opens me a dextrose smell of the very finest variety. But not pungent effervescent, but sweetish creamy. So more like how these bracelets smell, not how they taste. Tell me you guys understand what I mean!!!

After a few minutes, he gets warmer and more sensual. It becomes cozy and nestles perfectly against the skin without being too skin tight. It doesn't radiate as much on me, but it is still noticeable by those around me. 4-5 hours I notice him on my skin, on the clothes even longer.

I find it difficult to classify him in a season, because I find despite its warmth he is not too heavy, which is why he can certainly do well on a balmy summer evening. And of course at a fair to smell with the dextrose bracelets around the bet
Comforter just before spring
Surely March is not the classic month for this fragrance, October or November fit better. But with the little March winter, a bottling of L'Ambre des Merveilles was allowed to move in. And it is SO calming and comforting, it has an absolute "everything will be fine" aura, subtly amber-vanilla it may still accompany me through March. I'm glad he doesn't have that much oomph, I don't think I could handle that as well. Volatile he is not, however, for me he is already for 8 hours well perceptible on the skin.
Marleen1201
I love you, why didn't you stay
The smell is a dream. Warm Amber, just great. Here comes the big one. With me he only holds a little ten!!! Minutes. The shelf life of others seems to be pretty good. Why don't I smell anything after a few minutes? I thought maybe I'd go blind to that smell quickly. I put my wrist under my friend's nose, he doesn't smell anything either. Perfumes generally don't hold up very well for me, but I've never experienced anything like it before. That's a pity...
My Amber Number 12
Hermès - Ambre des Merveilles

A round thing!

A pyramid fragrance with only one layer. Without height? No depth? With the ingredients we've been given:

Amber: for the animalistic, also against restlessness or sadness,
Labdanum: for warmth and sensuality, woody, flowery, balsamic,
Patchouli: aphorising, moist, against stress, anger or rage,
Vanilla: mood-lifting, potency enhancing, erotic,

So this is the way. A round thing. Everything is contained within us to create a great feeling of happiness. We begin flowery and briefly excited, slightly caramel riot. The band-aid of animalism can be quickly removed. Light browned sand crumbles and sour sweet hope falls to late summer. It tempers light brown tenderly and allows itself hours of even dry boredom. In the mood for perfume? At the whim of man? According to temperature, outside or inside? 2 to 6 hours. Now almost everything has been said already.

Everything is nobly modest, nobly restrained, nobly humble and nobly united. And at a fragrance with 8.5 points - in the closest proximity also 9.0 - arrived.

The bottle has glitter, but the second half is missing. And it goes very well with the perfume.

Just a semicircular thing?.

My gladly seen companion
Wow, what a powdery soft oriental, or the modern classic fragrance - in any case, simply incredibly beautiful. It can almost be described as quiet, not as confused with the many completely overloaded ingredients as many others. It is a perfume for the lady with the most exquisite taste, finely and nobly matched to the lady with the exquisite taste. Very close to the body with no firecracker amber but with a light, softly whispering amber with subtle vanilla underneath. Also this not really sweet but rather aromatic. Patchuli joins them as the third special guest. It is beautifully composed, I think it fits always and everywhere, is a very welcome companion. I like this really noble kind of the here discreet perfume. This is a caress, the clothes where this fragrance has lived in it one would like to press gently on himself so finely the memories float around me ....
For me a very nice scent with a high recognition,,it is Hermes.
I was directly in love and I always have a bottle at home

Darkbeat
A cool, warm and ethereal amber
I love amber and, how could it be otherwise, I like L'Ambre des Merveilles. A vanilla oriental perfume, warm and extremely light, for what is amber commonly, if you like this note and normally it seems too dense, opulent or too sweet, this is your perfume, I had never tasted such a fresh and pleasant amber, and I like it, but, for my taste, I would prefer something more powerful, although I do not take away any merits and it shows that it is focused on an audience that enjoys the ethereal, fresh and translucent aromas.

It is a perfume of little evolution. At the start it is a slightly cooler amber, and even something citric, giving me the feeling of including some orange or elemi resin, with its characteristic orange touch. Then, this amber, is the absolute protagonist, warm, sweet and resinous, but in a very delicate and ethereal form, it is not a dense amber, nor powerful, it is rather, a sweet caress on the skin, caramel and delicate, a comforting hug, which envelops you in a translucent aura of peace and harmony. This delicate fragrance is sweetened little by little, until it ends in a vanilla almost gourmand, not cloying, thin, elegant, vaporous and beautifully set with the last residual nuances of the primal amber. An authentic beauty.

The perfume I liked, I did not love it, because for my taste it lacks body and presence, but, in general, a beautiful perfume, a tad more feminine than masculine, but nothing remarkable.

A versatile and easy to dress aroma, appropriate, daytime, for autumn and winter, and night, during spring and summer, with a moderate performance in both cases.

Sorry for my bad english.
Autumn scent picture
On a sunny autumn morning I sit on a luxurious hotel terrace and drink a freshly squeezed orange juice with my Caramel Macchiato. The sun warms the damp autumn leaves, their scent mixes with that of the drinks. I cuddle up in my cashmere scarf and look forward to the colours of the trees in the autumn dress. In the distance, a lake glitters in the sun.

Amber - vanilla - warm citrus
Most of us simply eat oranges, Ellena makes wonder with them! This is what makes us die for it! L'Ambre des Merveilles is an orange meteorite burning red.

Opens with angular sweet orange and settles in vanilla and earthy patchouli and ambrosial skeleton. Great in longevity and fine in projection. But compared to deep oriental ambers with ancient nuances it has a simple, airy and soft attributions.
3/5

BertolucciKBertolucciK 7 months ago
Sweet gourmand and ambery scent. In the opening, you get immediately a resinous amber with a fleeting patchouli. In the drydown, vanilla.
OmniamfayedOmniamfayed 1 year ago
It has a similar smell to natural Arabic gum... Dry amber and very unique.

by Zelena
...Erinnerungen an den Sommer...
by Timmama
by Bowser
by Miriell
by Miriell

Popular Hermès

Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Calèche (Soie de Parfum) by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Elixir des Merveilles by Hermès Concentré de Pamplemousse Rose by Hermès