L'Ambre des Merveilles (2012)

L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès
Bottle Design Serge Mansau
L'Ambre des Merveilles is a popular perfume by Hermès for women and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is still in production.

Amber, Labdanum, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 22.05.2020.

Marleen1201
I love you, why didn't you stay
The smell is a dream. Warm Amber, just great. Here comes the big one. With me he only holds a little ten!!! Minutes. The shelf life of others seems to be pretty good. Why don't I smell anything after a few minutes? I thought maybe I'd go blind to that smell quickly. I put my wrist under my friend's nose, he doesn't smell anything either. Perfumes generally don't hold up very well for me, but I've never experienced anything like it before. That's a pity...
My Amber Number 12
Hermès - Ambre des Merveilles

A round thing!

A pyramid fragrance with only one layer. Without height? No depth? With the ingredients we've been given:

Amber: for the animalistic, also against restlessness or sadness,
Labdanum: for warmth and sensuality, woody, flowery, balsamic,
Patchouli: aphorising, moist, against stress, anger or rage,
Vanilla: mood-lifting, potency enhancing, erotic,

So this is the way. A round thing. Everything is contained within us to create a great feeling of happiness. We begin flowery and briefly excited, slightly caramel riot. The band-aid of animalism can be quickly removed. Light browned sand crumbles and sour sweet hope falls to late summer. It tempers light brown tenderly and allows itself hours of even dry boredom. In the mood for perfume? At the whim of man? According to temperature, outside or inside? 2 to 6 hours. Now almost everything has been said already.

Everything is nobly modest, nobly restrained, nobly humble and nobly united. And at a fragrance with 8.5 points - in the closest proximity also 9.0 - arrived.

The bottle has glitter, but the second half is missing. And it goes very well with the perfume.

Just a semicircular thing?.

My gladly seen companion
Wow, what a powdery soft oriental, or the modern classic fragrance - in any case, simply incredibly beautiful. It can almost be described as quiet, not as confused with the many completely overloaded ingredients as many others. It is a perfume for the lady with the most exquisite taste, finely and nobly matched to the lady with the exquisite taste. Very close to the body with no firecracker amber but with a light, softly whispering amber with subtle vanilla underneath. Also this not really sweet but rather aromatic. Patchuli joins them as the third special guest. It is beautifully composed, I think it fits always and everywhere, is a very welcome companion. I like this really noble kind of the here discreet perfume. This is a caress, the clothes where this fragrance has lived in it one would like to press gently on himself so finely the memories float around me ....
For me a very nice scent with a high recognition,,it is Hermes.
I was directly in love and I always have a bottle at home
The best of the series
I was once far from this Merveilles series. Because of the salty scent I decided to stay undecided. Then, when I tried this one, I realized the beauty. But it was definitely L 'Ambre Des Merveilles that I liked best in the show. I recognized a salty caramel note that enveloped me warmly.
You feel a soft, creamy amber. Perhaps it is not possible to remain indifferent in such a beautiful combination that does not scratch my nose.

When the perfume dries on the skin, it supports and sweetens the creamy structure of the perfume. But don't worry, it's not too sweet... This sweetness is very well balanced with a soft patchouli and a balsamic atmosphere was added with the loaded resin. For me it is both sweet and salty, but also warm and creamy ... It is a perfume that I will definitely use in autumn and winter and also use in the office.
It's not an intense perfume. I can even say that its sillage is above average, but its durability on my skin is quite satisfactory. It lasts from morning to night. I find him rather unisex, by the way. Another feature that I love is the bottle , I do not have to explain it, I think you see it :)

Darkbeat
A cool, warm and ethereal amber
I love amber and, how could it be otherwise, I like L'Ambre des Merveilles. A vanilla oriental perfume, warm and extremely light, for what is amber commonly, if you like this note and normally it seems too dense, opulent or too sweet, this is your perfume, I had never tasted such a fresh and pleasant amber, and I like it, but, for my taste, I would prefer something more powerful, although I do not take away any merits and it shows that it is focused on an audience that enjoys the ethereal, fresh and translucent aromas.

It is a perfume of little evolution. At the start it is a slightly cooler amber, and even something citric, giving me the feeling of including some orange or elemi resin, with its characteristic orange touch. Then, this amber, is the absolute protagonist, warm, sweet and resinous, but in a very delicate and ethereal form, it is not a dense amber, nor powerful, it is rather, a sweet caress on the skin, caramel and delicate, a comforting hug, which envelops you in a translucent aura of peace and harmony. This delicate fragrance is sweetened little by little, until it ends in a vanilla almost gourmand, not cloying, thin, elegant, vaporous and beautifully set with the last residual nuances of the primal amber. An authentic beauty.

The perfume I liked, I did not love it, because for my taste it lacks body and presence, but, in general, a beautiful perfume, a tad more feminine than masculine, but nothing remarkable.

A versatile and easy to dress aroma, appropriate, daytime, for autumn and winter, and night, during spring and summer, with a moderate performance in both cases.

Sorry for my bad english.
Autumn scent picture
On a sunny autumn morning I sit on a luxurious hotel terrace and drink a freshly squeezed orange juice with my Caramel Macchiato. The sun warms the damp autumn leaves, their scent mixes with that of the drinks. I cuddle up in my cashmere scarf and look forward to the colours of the trees in the autumn dress. In the distance, a lake glitters in the sun.

Amber - vanilla - warm citrus
Most of us simply eat oranges, Ellena makes wonder with them! This is what makes us die for it! L'Ambre des Merveilles is an orange meteorite burning red.

Opens with angular sweet orange and settles in vanilla and earthy patchouli and ambrosial skeleton. Great in longevity and fine in projection. But compared to deep oriental ambers with ancient nuances it has a simple, airy and soft attributions.
3/5

Less is More
Can four common, simple notes create a memorable perfume? Apparently so, if L'Ambres des Merveilles contains only amber, labdanum, pathcouli and vanilla, as reported. I sniffed for hidden ingredients to account for its appeal, but all I can smell throughout is those four, which luckily are among my favorites. The result is an ambery/vanilla so warm and smooth it almost smells like caramel -- labdanum and patchouli lending interest and sophistication. During my latest perfume counter sojourn I kept returning to it, captivated by its simple beauty. I can't see wearing it if dressed to the nines, but this comfy scent is fine for the office, for a night in, for a sporting event, for roasting marshmallows around a campfire. I can picture a favorite wool sweater smelling of it. Here minimalism works. In L'Ambre des Merveilles, less is more.

A Different Kind of Amber
What we're dealing with here is a friendly giant. Remarkable projection, sillage and irrefutable longevity... yet, it remains smooth and pleasant throughout the L'Ambre des Merveilles experience. This is a different kind of amber. No spicy, resinous tones or faint body odor effect. Only a thick haze of warm amber, delicate vanilla and suave labdanum. In the shadow of this fragrance lies the Hermes Merveilles signature vetiver. Although patchouli is listed in it's place, it is quite noticeable. This is not only my favorite Merveilles, but now one out of many scents in my collection I favor most, as I find it addictive and very calming.

Gold
It's all about harmony and moderation
"L'Ambre des Merveilles" is a great scent, a flanker which only faintly resembles the original EdM (which has an orange topnote and a salty dry-down). "L'Ambre des Merveilles" is also far more transparent than its grown-up sister, "Elixir des Merveilles", which is a chypre with a drydown I never liked, since it seems muddled and too chocolate-like to me.
Elléna has written a lot about clear notes, his reductionist approach to creating perfumes and his will to compose fragrances which are not complicated: "Je m'oppose aux formules compliquées ou les répétitions, les empilements donne une lecture brouillonne, inintelligible, bien que séduisant". (Journal d'un parfumeur, page 118). He continues by saying: "I love simplicity".
Smelling "L'AdM", I must say that Elléna wonderfully managed to achieve the simplicity he is after by giving his new scent a transparent, yet profound enough structure to please the senses of any demanding perfume-lover. This scent is not cramped with loads of common or even novel ingredients. Nevertheless it comes across fresh, new and spicy in the topnotes. "L'AdM" develops into a warm and envelopping skin-scent after about one hour, keeping the spicy parts and not focussing on the patchouli managed in the pyramide too much. You can clearly feel Elléna's predeliction for peppery- spicy notes as in "Voyages d'Hermes" in this new composition, too. The whole thing manages to retain a pleasantly warm aura which is neither too sweet nor too much of a vanilla-gourmand fragrance until the very end. Everything seems to be at its right place, nothing is used in overdose or seems out of proportion, it's all about balance and equilibrium. I recommend this scent to women and men who want a warm ambery scent for the colder season, a fragrance which is lovely in its moderation, not loud, never over-powering.
"L'Ambre des Merveilles" is my personal favourite among "Les Merveilles". I'm glad I can finally wear an HERMES-scent in fall/winter, too.

At Night ~ Fresh
by Bowser
by Miriell
by Miriell

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Hiris by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Toit by Hermès Amazone (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Concentré de Pamplemousse Rose by Hermès