Rouge Hermès 2000Eau de Toilette

Rouge Hermès (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Hermès for women and was released in 2000. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesIris, Rose, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesResins, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanum, Myrrh

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.09.2020.

DonJuanDeCat
Turn the other cheek... and let me kiss you!
Hello, snoopers, how are you all doing? I hope so, because the news about rising Corona numbers and the still continuing carelessness or recklessness of people sometimes makes you worry or doubt your reason and intelligence. Therefore I hope that you all are well, even if you should have me on your neck again now!

And like so many times before, I had put my nose into "some" fragrance, just to describe it here for you :D Well, it's an old fragrance, Rouge by Hermès, which is now 20 years old. But Hermès I just have to test and describe, because I really like this brand very much. Especially the fresh, citric and green scents like Concentré d'Orange Verte (the fragrance is unbeatable on heat waves!!), Un Jardin Sur le Toit (idiosyncratic but great green summer scent) or Eau de Mandarine Ambrée (Wow, just delicious :D) I think it's just great!

And now comes Rouge, which makes me think of blushed (well, mostly reddish) cheeks of the ladies, which I find really great and sweet. I don't know, I just like a light blush (so you ladies!!! :D), because it looks delicious to bite into, just like that... well... kissable! :))))

Be that as it may, now the fragrance is added, which should smell like rouge or make-up from a logical point of view. Whereby I have no idea how rouge really smells, since I'm never allowed to get closer than two meters to you ladies (or don't dare to?... :D), argh! :DD
All right, let's do it!
The smell:
The fragrance actually begins exactly as it is written in the fragrance pyramid. You immediately smell roses and ylang-ylang as the strongest scents, along with powdery-soft iris and resins (which also provide a gentle effect) and sweetish amber. I don't know if it's the mix of roses and amber or iris, or if it's just a little bit psychological, but the scent really reminds me of some make-up, just blush, which as I mentioned before is great for ladies, because you can look really cute with the lacquered cheeks,... er... let's say reddish coloured cheeks :) Okay, and of course hot... but good, let's continue with the text :D
After a little while the scent becomes generally more intense, especially powdery-sweetish and, due to a now also stronger ylang-ylang, more floral. The roses, however, recede a bit (or are partly overlaid by other fragrances).
A little bit later the scent smells as described, only now it's a little bit more "spicier", that is, spicier, not too strong, but still you smell something spicy, without being able to determine what it is. You might think that the spicy one wouldn't fit to the make-up-like appearance of the fragrance, but as I said, the spicy notes are rather weak and in my opinion even round off the fragrance.
Towards the base (actually even earlier), the fragrance is softened again by soft resins like the wonderful myrrh. However, the intensity of the ylang-ylang also increases, which makes the fragrance a bit heavier. But I don't find that as bad as usual here with this fragrance, since the scent generally smells good at almost any time.

The Sillage and the durability:
The Sillage is quite strong, so that the whole room is scented already when spraying. One remains surrounded by a larger scent cloud over a longer period of time, so that one is easily noticed by many. Also the durability is pretty good with its more than twelve hours, I would say.

The bottle! The bottle is rectangular and tall like most Hermès bottles, although I'm not sure which version is currently on the market. There's the completely red bottle, which looks great, but also the lighter bottle with a red label. There also seem to be oval bottles. I like them all, but I think the oval or the completely red bottle is the most beautiful.

Conclusion:
Soo, well I find the scent quite successful. Sure, I could moan about the Ylang-Ylang again now and actually I would find this fragrance even better without this sultry and heavy note, but well,... it's not that bad with this fragrance, because after spraying it on for a few hours it smells nice without seeming too heavy and actually doesn't get any sultrier later on.

It is mostly soft and lovely with its sweet and powdery notes, so that you immediately feel the desire to kiss the person wearing the fragrance, and if she roughed her cheeks (is that how you say it? I have no idea about anything, of course, again...), then all the better :)

However, the fragrance is already a bit opulent, both in terms of charisma and scents, so that a test more in autumn and winter would be recommended. And because of its beautiful scent it is then very well suited for going out or for the evening.

Okay then, that's it again, I wish you all a nice evening and stay healthy! :)
Someday in France
Rouge is not red like joy, Rouge is an extremely dressed up, older, sad lady from a cabaret, faked optimism and wasted youth. Nice anyway!

Warm elegance
This is a fragrance that has it all. The phases are all beautiful, the strength is indisputable and the depth is magical. You are swallowed by this; brought to a distant place and not bothering; embraced and feeling safe. I recognise that this COULD be considered as a seductive scent, but to me it is warm and open, a bit mystical so it leaves you inttrigued and puzzled. You want more!
Unfortunately, I only have a sample of this. I would like to have a 100ml bottle and 3 extras in my stash. That would make me feel safe. This is definitely a winner.

The Lady in Red...
Rouge by Hermès is an intriguing and complex scent. This is the old, "classic" Hermès, not the "current" Hermès of Jean-Claude Ellena and recent years. This is a perfume which is thirty years old (originally created in 1984 as "Parfum d'Hermès", then re-formulated as "Hermès Rouge" in 2000). Having said that, I don't find it old at all... or even mature. To me, this perfume represents a beautiful young lady wearing a red dress.

I would call it beautiful and seductive, but in a very "grown-up" way, this isn't for any teenage girls, this is for a young, successful & attractive woman. Someone who is in control, but who still knows she is beautiful.

It's a complex fragrance to describe. Essentially it's a combination between Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang-Ylang and powdery Orris, with a touch of spices and Aldehydes. It is almost "dusty" at first, but becomes very smooth later as the Sandalwood and Vanilla take over in the dry-down. I also detect a wonderful note which I love, Myrtle, a fresh, Jasmine-like powdery note which I enjoy smelling... and which gives the fragrance projection. To me, Rouge actually smells similar to Samsara by Guerlain, but this is slightly more formal in my opinion.

It's grown-up fragrance for sure, but not "old". The woman who wears this is in control. Beautiful and seductive, but in control of the situation around her. I call this "the lady in the red dress". Beautiful and intelligent, and a little dangerous (in a seductive kind of way). This also smells of luxury, elegance and class (after all, that is what Hermès is known for as a brand). So you would expect a woman who smells like this to have money... A lot of money.

Overall, I think Rouge is very in-control and seductive, and would be a great one to wear to formal events (men dressed in dark suits, the women with gold bracelets, pearl necklaces, in a party with caviar and champagne cocktails - remember this was originally created in the 1980's... where "style" was big and elegant)! Because of this, it can be loud and strong (people can notice you)... but if you spray a little, I think it can work in any situation, and it's warm enough to be worn casually, but in small quantities. A warm, spicy, almost aristocratic fragrance, but which also has some surprises (by also being slightly seductive). Maybe not something for a very young woman, but someone with enough experience and intelligence can definitely wear it. Ruby red elegance in a bottle!

AwesomenessAwesomeness 5 years ago
Feminine woody rose. One spray, mist walk-through. Lives 24+ hours, reactivates with water. More wearable & less suffocating than Samsara.

Le rouge chaud
by Somebody
by Delidazo87
by Delidazo87

Popular Hermès

Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Amazone (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Elixir des Merveilles by Hermès Hiris by Hermès