Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche (2014)

Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche is a popular perfume by Hermès for men and was released in 2014. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange, Citruses, Watery notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium
Base Notes Base NotesWoody notes, Patchouli, Cedar

Submitted by Michael, last update on 21.09.2019

7.0 6.0 7.0 8.0/10

Fresh21
Mmmh ... what a fraiche for Fresh :)
Admittedly, I never thought this fine citric would make it into my top5. And this, although 14 months ago I felt similar to Schoork, but for other reasons. At that time I answered under his commi "Totally enthusiastic about the top note, ... but then the fresh camouflage cap vanishes ... and shows its true face: The well-known TdH".

So it stayed on the left side until I sprayed it again somewhere this spring. And yes, there it was again, this extremely authentic fresh explosion of citrus fruits, primarily orange and grapefruit. Incredibly juicy and also with a slightly bitter impact, you come as if grated from their shells. So if this isn't summer scent, I don't know :)

But now we enter the hot phase, into which the rose geranium mixes after 20-30 minutes. Their soft, slightly flowery grace fits perfectly with the citric notes, which I perceive as a complement rather than a disturbance. That's why I was once interested in how the rose geranium smells in nature, which our dear Schoork perceives as the "flower of death" and obviously ruins rather than sweetens some perfumes for him ;-)

So I wanted to take the liberty and went to one of the nearest garden centres, although they usually never see me from the inside (green thumb unfortunately missing except for a free desert primula, which luckily lasts 3-4 months without water - that's why we get on so well;)

And here it comes:

The friendly waitress led me to the rose geranium when I confessed on the way that I only wanted to smell it and not buy it. When she found out that I was interested in a perfume fragrance, she immediately started raving, but also mentioned that the rose geranium is also used as a deterrent for a certain species. I only understood the station until we finally arrived at the plant pots, which all carried a small sign saying:

* * * Mosquito repellent * * * *
Schoorkschnellia Rice bus

Although I didn't know that Schoork belonged to this genus, I already knew that his citric scent obviously smells quite different and lasts much longer than on my skin. Then I learned that the aroma of the rose geranium lies in its green foliage, which is released by rubbing. Then I did, and... WOW, that's it! Because also she smells partly quite citric and super fresh. In other words, the rose geranium is all morbid, and I would never think of calling you the "flower of death. Preliminary conclusion: Either Schoork or Fresh comes from Mars ;-)

But back to the fragrance: I don't know what rode me back then, but today I can only find a few similarities with the classic Terre d'Hermès. I would even suggest that the Très Fraîche has been improved to such an extent that its crystal-clear citric now lasts throughout, while its base notes have been dimmed down. The rose geranium's light floridity is also noticeable, which is expressed in a certain softness and, together with a little patch, creates a wonderful balance of this fine yet expressive perfume
Conclusion: Exactly mine! A summer fragrance with character, which I also recommend for spring and autumn. It has a shelf life of 6-7 hours and the sillage is strong in the first half hour and then very perceptible at half arm length.

Mmmh ... what fraiche for Fresh :)
7.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

a masterpiece flanker
This is truly a magnificent fragrance. I have been wanting the orginal because of this so bad. And i am just blown away by the citrus in this one. It is so fresh and uplifting. It is more fun as the older brother. I am just drawn to this one more, I need to get a bottle new soon because I am running low. It is just fantastic...
7.0 7.0 8.0 6.0/10

Sneaky Beast
I wanted to like him, even learn to love him, because I was so taken with his top note. So nice fresh and orange, I thought that would be excellent for warm days.

Had tested it at that time on a paper strip and also here it changed like few smells on it and I realized that I had to test it extensively, because it was already there we say times difficult.
I am honestly no friend of the normal Hermes, in my statement at that time I compared him so with the bio-teacher without devaluing this to mean, but in my direction he does not go and all the more surprised I was then at the first time smell of the Tre Fraiche.

I really liked the kick of the fresh notes and the slightly aquatic and so he got on my skin.

And then this wonderful initial smell hit me in the back with a knife. I'm having a hard time with some flowery notes anyway, but if that's the rose geranium that comes out then it's one from hell. So terribly intrusive that I get a headache and so penetrating that it became really unpleasant. Needless to say, the freshness was also completely beaten up and somewhere remained unconscious on the track.

Out back, when the Flower of Death has run riot, it even gets nice and soft again, probably that's the Patchouli as bouncer together with his woody buddies who make it better.

Conclusion: From the front pointed, from behind pleasant, in the middle rages a rose war and indeed too long, than that I could bear it.

But the bottle's great.
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Hitchslap
Too nice, smooth yet not criminal.
How are there no reviews for this yet?
If you are no fan of the original then give this baby a try, the flint is not in sight and the spiciness is toned down and the orange-ness is awesome!

So cool and perfect for HOT weather.

Not snobby and not gutter either, you'll notice nostrils flaring trying to take this in.

Cool, like the other side of the pillow..........

KingPin 9 months ago
A calmer and fresher take on the original, but seriously - Ellena needs to step away from the spice rack, it’s getting a bit dated.+1
Hajuvana 14 months ago
My current go-to citrus and one of Ellena's finer works for sure. I'm quite surprised no one has mentioned how rosy it is!+1
DavidBraz 14 months ago
Opens with a mouthwatering natural orange which gets envolved by a nice woody base. Somehow very distinct from the OG but really pleasuring.+1
Apicius 4 years ago
Citruses on woods. The beautiful Metal edition flacon tricked me into buying this fragrance.+3

Duftsound ;-)
by Justintaim
by Beautycase
by Beautycase

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Toit by Hermès Eau des Merveilles by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Un Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès Le Jardin de Monsieur Li by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Jour d'Hermès (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche by Hermès Un Jardin après la Mousson by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Twilly d'Hermès by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès