Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche 2014

Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche is a popular perfume by Hermès for men and was released in 2014. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesOrangeOrange
Citrus fruitsCitrus fruits
Aquatic notesAquatic notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeraniumGeranium
Base Notes Base NotesWoody notesWoody notes
PatchouliPatchouli
CedarCedar

Submitted by Michael, last update on 23.07.2021.

Refreshing & FragRant
With the EdT being one of my favorite scents, you'd think (at least according to some previous speakers) that I'd have to categorically reject this one and cry it out as a watered-down mirage of the original. No dirt, no depth, it's undeniable:

Many parts that make the original such a delight are here in vain.

However: the original,
as perfect as it may be, is just too heavy for me for high summer. Specifically 32 degrees and up. In addition, it has Jean-Claude Ellena here managed to conjure up a smile on my face once again.
My first association with eau très fraîche was a very specific image that popped into my head: if you want to drink a lot more water in the unbearably hot summer, but water alone is too bland, what do you do?

Some now reach for soft drinks or tea, but I for my part,

like to chop up some citrus and pour it in a large carafe of regular tap water.

The longer the carafe sits, the more the water takes on the flavor of the fruit, all it takes is one orange, lemon, lime, tangerine....

Now imagine,
someone pours himself effusively, spilling a not inconsiderable amount over his hands, and in a fit of banter, grinning and with an elegant wave of the hand,
this water finds its way towards your face.

This is what the head of Eau très fraîche smells like to me.

You know those olfactory summer associations?

Sunscreen, chlorine smells, downpours after a long heat wave. Smells that instantly make you think of better times.

That's this orange water for me, that's why Eau très fraiche is such a grin scent with me.
It makes me happy.
It makes me carefree.
He refreshes me, if only briefly.

But now I come to the negative sides, because I have a 125 ml bottle (horrible to use)... and the is almost empty, despite the inner compulsion I feel to wear every day what else.

Where I might go overboard with some fragrances, or with others, light, even times up to 10-12 sprays, it helps nothing with the eau très fraîche.

I bathe in the stuff and it still doesn't last. Half an hour,
after that you have to nibble on my earlobe to perceive the.

Therefore, I will probably not repurchase it, as much as I like to smell it myself. He does not perform what I need for a day fragrance.

Nevertheless, I assign the fragrance an unrestricted love, which must hide, for me not behind the original.

It has me darüberhinaus once again fun to read all these comments before me.

It's great how many write here ellenlange texts to many fragrances, which actually only statements between the lines:

I devote more time to this hobby here and therefore I understand much simply better than you and I am right.

No malicious quips at this point, but if I read that silly toilet bowl comparison one more time with n summer citrus scent, I'll dissolve WC-Frisch 1-to-1 in doppelkorn and wear that the rest of the summer.

I get it, Terre d'Hermès is n timeless masterpiece. But that does not make the flanker nem Lidl perfume Lord. If you feel hurt by something like that in your honor, you take the number here too seriously.

TravellerDK
Fresh orange peel in a bottle
This is the most realistic orange scent I've encountered. It's super fresh, light enough for a hot summer day and the scent is like sniffing to a freshly half peeled orange - where you get the scent of the orange and the oils in the orange peel.

To me it's all orange, maybe with a tiny bit of "wood" in the base. I get a good 4-8 hours, depending on heat (how much I sweat!).
It's mostly a scent for the spring & summer, even early fall, but I do use it all yearround in the office. It's a super pleasent everyday/casual scent and hard to overspray - I normally go 5-7 sprays with this one - so get a BIG bottle.
The high quality from Hermes and the fresh scent, makes it perfect to use strolling down a small streets in any miditerrian town in the summer or yearround office use.

For me it's a 10/10 bottle, and if you have a small collection and just want one great orange scent, this is the best in my opion. My only regret was not buying it sooner. It was love from the first sniff of the decant I bought, but did not get a bottle until 2 years later and became my most used fragrance from day one.
Freshness for the summer
The name says it all:
The fragrance starts fresh and citrusy, then changes to pleasant woody notes.
Immediately after application, I found him a little pungent, but after that he became quite pleasant.
Who wants to spend the summer with Hermes, is here in good hands.

Gdsingh
Fresh take on the original
I am a big fan of the original and tend to love both citrus and vetiver scents. Terre Hermès Eau Très Fraîche delivers a masterful blend of both - it is citrusy fresh but has a has a nice earthy base. Seems to have pretty good projection for the first couple hours but it dissipates over time. I agree that this is a summery scent, but I tend to wear it on and off all year long.

Smellavision
Finally a flanker worthy of it's name...
Yes, indeed this is a great execution of making a classic colonia in the vein of AdP, but with the base of the original TdH still in place and not taking over. Admitted, Terre de Hermes is a great spring and cooler summer scent, but on those scorching hot summer days it actually can become slightly cloying. This flanker I imagine must be made for those summer days where you need something slightly fresher, lighter and even more zesty.

Opening with vivid and almost aldehydic grapefruit, orange and lemons joined by florals and cardamom going green and grassy. In the drydown it becomes lighter compared to TdH, the orange isn't quite as "dirty", the cedar is taken down a notch and it's not quite as "full" compared the original which can make it a hit or miss if you're a fan of the original. Very uplifting for hot summer days.

Longevity is rather impressive for such a citrusy scent, I get about 5-7 hours from this one.
Will have to do some experimenting by layering this with the original.
Terre d' Hermes for U30 Parfumos
I really like this scent. Although it is almost only really wearable in the really hot summer days, it is a real alternative to the original, especially for younger Terre d'Hermes lovers. The 3 absolutely dominant notes here are cedar, grapefruit and lemon, which makes it very, very fresh with a woody, deeper base. Vetiver is also noticeable here, but not as much as the original. It is one of my favourite summer scents, as it is very unique and has a nice round citrus aura. Especially recommended for younger men.
Carried by summer winds
Intention and basic idea:
"I need a fragrance that smells as 'natural' citrusy in its top note as the eau de toilette, but removes the mineral notes at the same time! Because if you don't like the edt because of these notes, you won't buy the eau de parfum anyway. But it should also be generally lighter, more airy and work better in warmer times and also..."
This or something similar might have been the first thoughts of the master perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena when he began to think about the basic idea for the creation of the "Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche".
But whether it is the attempt of a meaningful expansion of the own (masterly) fragrance series "Terre de Hermès" - a kind of wish and heart - or the attempt of a house to squeeze as much money as possible out of a still continuing success: as an outsider, one can only speculate about this, although the camps among perfume enthusiasts seem to be equally divided here...

Relation and scent:
Let's clarify beforehand and right at the beginning how close or how far the relationship to his predecessors - the EdT of 2006 and the EdP of 2009 - is enough.
Let me say: yes, in my humble opinion, "Eau Très Fraîche" is clearly a fragrance that can and should be assigned - without hiding - to the "Terre de Hermès" family! Why? We'll get to that in a minute...!
Although it lacks - and every lover of the two predecessors will turn up their nose here, should they have expected only a weaker, but still identically smelling version - the so characteristic notes of vetiver and flint, it retains the woody impact - especially the smell of cedar - in the base note.
The heart note, on the other hand, is dominated by a wonderful rose geranium - if you like the green touch - which also extends into the base note for a while and gives the fragrance its consistently fresh character.
The top note itself, on the other hand, differs only minimally from its two predecessors: the orange and citrus notes are still wonderfully "natural", but appear less sharp-edged in "Eau Très Fraîche" and are indeed more inviting and friendly. A person who calculates with customer behaviour would assume that the dimmed top note is less of a deterrent to the average consumer and tempts more to make a spontaneous purchase...
The keyword, for which this is a member of the "Terre de Hermès", has already been mentioned: "natural".
Although the actual amount of natural and synthetic ingredients is of course a secret, the EdT and EdP have generally been known to have at least a 'natural' smell when they use their notes. A formula to which "Eau Très Fraîche" also adheres in an exemplary manner!
As a comparison, for example, the smell of an actual orange can be well used to compare it with the industrial variant within juices etc.

Sillage and shelf life:
As can already be assumed, both sillage and shelf life are below the levels of EdT and EdP. Which per se doesn't have to be a bad thing!
Clearly designed for the summer or warmer days and climates, the overall construction of this fragrance appears broader, friendlier and brighter. The top note lasts astonishingly long for a citrus scent, lasting about 20 to 30 minutes, then changes into a green freshness that lasts for hours (about 1 1/2 to 2) and finally ends in a woody and spicy base of another about 2 hours.
The silage, on the other hand, is only really present in the top note. While the rose geranium still leaves a narrow but pleasant scent trail in the heart, the "Eau Très Fraîche" in the base retires to a very narrow body scent.

Application:
The "Eau Très Fraîche" really unfolds its full potential in warm or hot weather. Those days when you could almost feel guilty in the morning - towards your employees, for example - about wearing a fragrance at all. But also for all those for whom the mineral notes of the EdT or EdP are a nuisance, this could be a good idea. Either way, the "Eau Très Fraîche" is an interesting summer substitute for the "blue" fragrances which - apparently - are now exclusively available.

Flacon:
As far as the bottle is concerned, if you know the containers of the "Terre de Hermès" range, there is not much more to lose. The twist cap works well and is stable, the spray head distributes surprisingly well and with its white cap and the partially white lettering, the bottle is also able to look skillfully "brighter" and "fresher".
Only when handling the bottle could a point be deducted! Because - and this also applies to the entire "Terre de Hermès" family - instead of growing a little deeper for the sake of handling, the flacons from Jean-Claude Ellena only get higher and wider! In the case of "Eau Très Fraîche", which seems to be no smaller than 75 ml, this is already a moderately difficult act of dislocation for people with regularly large or small hands.

Price:
Eau Très Fraîche" ranks in a similar price category to most other summer scents, although "Hermès" offers a full 75 ml instead of the usual 50 ml. However, if you spray more than the usual amount to achieve a similar shelf life to that of a "Dior Sauvage", this price advantage should quickly become obsolete.
What a buyer should be spared from, however, is the possible annoyance of stumbling upon a fragrance that smells almost identical, but is much cheaper, as there are not many or none of these in the case of "Eau Très Fraîche". Nevertheless, every buyer should be aware of the usual markup for names like "Hermès", "Dior" or "Chanel".

Conclusion:
The "Eau Très Fraîche" from the house of "Hermès" is a pleasant fragrance, which was conceived rather for the warmer days of the year and pleasantly stands out from the mass of "blue" and aquatic fragrances.
If, on the other hand, fans of the predecessors expect something similarly fundamentally different for the fragrance industry, a disappointment will be virtually inevitable.
Fresh21
Mmmh ... what a fraiche for Fresh :)
Admittedly, I never thought this fine citric would make it into my top5. And this, although 14 months ago I felt similar to Schoork, but for other reasons. At that time I answered under his commi "Totally enthusiastic about the top note, ... but then the fresh camouflage cap vanishes ... and shows its true face: The well-known TdH".

So it stayed on the left side until I sprayed it again somewhere this spring. And yes, there it was again, this extremely authentic fresh explosion of citrus fruits, primarily orange and grapefruit. Incredibly juicy and also with a slightly bitter impact, you come as if grated from their shells. So if this isn't summer scent, I don't know :)

But now we enter the hot phase, into which the rose geranium mixes after 20-30 minutes. Their soft, slightly flowery grace fits perfectly with the citric notes, which I perceive as a complement rather than a disturbance. That's why I was once interested in how the rose geranium smells in nature, which our dear Schoork perceives as the "flower of death" and obviously ruins rather than sweetens some perfumes for him ;-)

So I wanted to take the liberty and went to one of the nearest garden centres, although they usually never see me from the inside (green thumb unfortunately missing except for a free desert primula, which luckily lasts 3-4 months without water - that's why we get on so well;)

And here it comes:

The friendly waitress led me to the rose geranium when I confessed on the way that I only wanted to smell it and not buy it. When she found out that I was interested in a perfume fragrance, she immediately started raving, but also mentioned that the rose geranium is also used as a deterrent for a certain species. I only understood the station until we finally arrived at the plant pots, which all carried a small sign saying:

* * * Mosquito repellent * * * *
Schoorkschnellia Rice bus

Although I didn't know that Schoork belonged to this genus, I already knew that his citric scent obviously smells quite different and lasts much longer than on my skin. Then I learned that the aroma of the rose geranium lies in its green foliage, which is released by rubbing. Then I did, and... WOW, that's it! Because also she smells partly quite citric and super fresh. In other words, the rose geranium is all morbid, and I would never think of calling you the "flower of death. Preliminary conclusion: Either Schoork or Fresh comes from Mars ;-)

But back to the fragrance: I don't know what rode me back then, but today I can only find a few similarities with the classic Terre d'Hermès. I would even suggest that the Très Fraîche has been improved to such an extent that its crystal-clear citric now lasts throughout, while its base notes have been dimmed down. The rose geranium's light floridity is also noticeable, which is expressed in a certain softness and, together with a little patch, creates a wonderful balance of this fine yet expressive perfume
Conclusion: Exactly mine! A summer fragrance with character, which I also recommend for spring and autumn. It has a shelf life of 6-7 hours and the sillage is strong in the first half hour and then very perceptible at half arm length.

Mmmh ... what fraiche for Fresh :)

a masterpiece flanker
This is truly a magnificent fragrance. I have been wanting the orginal because of this so bad. And i am just blown away by the citrus in this one. It is so fresh and uplifting. It is more fun as the older brother. I am just drawn to this one more, I need to get a bottle new soon because I am running low. It is just fantastic...

Hitchslap
Too nice, smooth yet not criminal.
How are there no reviews for this yet?
If you are no fan of the original then give this baby a try, the flint is not in sight and the spiciness is toned down and the orange-ness is awesome!

So cool and perfect for HOT weather.

Not snobby and not gutter either, you'll notice nostrils flaring trying to take this in.

Cool, like the other side of the pillow..........

HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 months ago
Green and juicy orange along with tangerine and geranium. Some woods in the base. A great summer scent with medium to low performance. 4/5
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 3 months ago
You get a very dry orange with a bit of clean vetiver. Very refined and classy but not really for the younger crowd.
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
A calmer and fresher take on the original, but seriously - Ellena needs to step away from the spice rack, it’s getting a bit dated.
HajuvanaHajuvana 3 years ago
My current go-to citrus and one of Ellena's finer works for sure. I'm quite surprised no one has mentioned how rosy it is!
DavidBrazDavidBraz 3 years ago
Opens with a mouthwatering natural orange which gets envolved by a nice woody base. Somehow very distinct from the OG but really pleasuring.
ApiciusApicius 6 years ago
Citruses on woods. The beautiful Metal edition flacon tricked me into buying this fragrance.

Duftsound ;-)
by Beautycase
by Jens73
by Jens73

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Calèche (Soie de Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Amazone (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Concentré de Pamplemousse Rose by Hermès