Terre d'Hermès 2006 Eau de Toilette

Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès
Bottle Design Philippe Mouquet
Top 62 in Men's Perfume
8.2 / 102007 Ratings
Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Hermès for men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-earthy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

BenzoinBenzoin
Pink pepperPink pepper
VetiverVetiver
CedarCedar

8.22007 Ratings

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.10.2021.

MisskMissk 10 years ago

„Dry orange and woods”

Terre d'Hermes is certainly a very interesting scent with many dimensions. I get a lot of woods, but also a lot of earthiness as well from smelling this. In...
ChrisdlChrisdl 3 years ago

„TH EdT doesn't agree with me”

I 've read a lot of reviews of TH, so I blind bought it (like I often do) without thinking twice about it. The opening was lovely citrus, followed by a wonderful...
Salto Hermes
Crushed under the flint, colorful pepper and rose geraniums.
Thundering water, 1000 meters until it falls from the table mountains of Venezuela's Gran Sabana.
The Salto Angel , the Angel's fall is the highest waterfall.
In the helicopter you can smell the foggy air.

In small camps at the foot of the mesas , in this humid , mosquito infested muggy air , it smells like earth ,
not our European forest soil.
It smells of woody earth, of stones being cooked over.
It gets sweaty.
It's punishing when you stay a few days in the jungle.
Terre d'Hermès I compare to the environment.
Woody, smelling of stones is the base.
The pepper blends with the fruits underneath.
Striking, masculine , almost austere.
Spicy , strange , full of life.
As it progresses warmer , patchouli is perceptible.
Terre d'Hermès is thereby very well durable, the sillage sufficient .
I would recommend not to wear the fragrance in the tent or these small huts in the rainforest, he could provoke.
On the skin good 6-8 hours
On clothes with me even the next day to smell.
I like Terre d'Hermès
I like Gran Sabana
I like Salto Angel
For me Salto Hermès

Hermès always takes me back to South America, to Venezuela

Musty Orange
When I opened the package, I thought: okay not bad. Neither intrusive, nor removed from my idea I had of this fragrance. What I smell out with my untrained nose, is an earthy, green, slightly woody orange.

And so I've been applying and testing the scent on and off for the past few days.

It was a classic blind buy, thought with the fragrance you could not go wrong, as it was with other classics so far.
But not so with this fragrance. Destofter I smelled him, the older I felt. He just reminded me more and more of old musty laundry that has been vegetating in the closet for decades. So yet nothing for me...

Okay it is perhaps a bit overstated, but for me, early 20s, this fragrance just seems too "old-fashioned", rather like an old men's fragrance, so I will sell it again.
Dennis79
Terre D'Hermes EDT vs. EDP - and the winner is...
My wife gave me Terre D'Hermes for my birthday a few years ago. At first I could not do much with this for me complex fragrance. On the second sniff, however, I got to know and love the subtleties. Since a few years later a flanker in the form of a perfume Terre d'Hermès Parfum came out, I let these two opponents get into the ring for a sporty comparison. Let's get ready to rumble!

Fragrance EDT (7.5/10) vs. EDP (7.5/10):
The EDT opens with the gong with a purposeful freshness kick of citrus and oranges and mercilessly sets the EDP in the opening. The EDP for its part strikes back mercilessly with an overall rounded, slightly sweeter course and distributes liver hooks and the EDT. In the drydown, both opponents are in the clutch. Tie.

SILLAGE EDT (7/10) vs. EDP (7/10):
Both opponents could work here more on your external effect, which is very equal and moderate. Both but also ideal for the office. Draw.

DURABILITY EDT (7/10) vs. EDP (7/10):
Although the EDP is clearly younger than the old master the EDT, it has no more condition on my skin. Draw.

CONCLUSION...and the winner is:
The Eau de Toilette (EDT). Why The challenging, younger EDP can indeed keep up in the area of fragrance, sillage and durability with the old master, but is also only equal. If the scores are tied, the champion simply has a bonus with the judges, especially since it costs about 30% less. Buy the EDT!

P.S.: If you like this review halt, I would be very happy about a cup and / or a *helpful*!

Long live the king
To simplify the things, one of the best fragrances ever created. Masculine, bold, in your face freshness & stingy.
Somehow green/herbaceous, somehow metallic. The vetiver accord mixed with the bitter grapefruit creates a wonderful aroma that stays with you for a long time. The performance is still great nowadays (for me) and I feel it around 8 hours maybe a bit more sometimes with a noticeable sillage in the first few hours. Definitely, a fragrance that will easily get noticed. Great for special days in your life or simply wear it whenever you feel the need to. Mature men only, not for a teenager in any case.
One of the fragrances that I have to keep for the rest of my life !

Overall : 8.6/10
Sooooo round!
Please don't ask for analysis here (you'll find it in many of the previous reviews)! The strength of fragrances I love is that I don't start dissecting and analyzing individual components, but that they are coherent for me from front to back. Here, it's the perfect interplay of a citrusy start to a deliciously played around dusty dry vetiver component. In fact, it's one of the few scents where I've ever immediately thought, "Oh, someone really put some thought into the scent progression and the interplay of the components." The "earth" theme - sun-drenched, spicy, peppered with the citrusy plants that sprout from it - is so wonderfully captured here, though at the same time I could understand if some found it less than spectacular. I've usually found such rounded scents in the majority of Guerlain
TristanKalus
Summer rain under orange trees
The first drops fell sporadically on the dry and cracked clay. Where they splashed they left dark stains on the dusty red ground. A gust of cool wind brushed beneath the leaves of the old, gnarled orange tree, making them rustle soothingly in its wake and cooling the warm summer air noticeably. Where the warm, thick air of the day was displaced by the shower, the clarifying scent of cool rain and damp earth pushed its way to the fore, mingling with the delightfully tart aroma of the thick-skinned oranges that hung plump from the branches. The scent of wood, which emanated from the ancient tree, was also distinct now, and if one concentrated a little, one could even detect the mineral notes of the damp rocks. As quickly as the rain started, the more abruptly it ebbed away. And while the dark clouds cleared a little, the first rays of sunshine pushed through the cloud cover again.

Fin.
Fred Flintstone & the parched earth in the morning dew
Terre d'Hermes is according to my nose at first a very dry fragrance that initially shows no obvious, great transformation. The course is very slow, flowing
First, the fragrance starts with a very concise, prominent, charakeristic flint note. Subsequently, a very dry, rough, shrubby vetiver comes to the fore that does not want to let any gimmicks - therefore, the statement of Scharlih82's review The perfect office fragrance - "the colleague, where you take a quick breath and check whether everything sits before you knock on his [r] door" fully applies.
Although one may seem a little strict with it, with the time something friendlier resonates with. It seems as if the morning dew comes to the fragrance, which gives the vetiver some moisture and steers it in a less shrubby, towards a woody / herbaceous direction. In this, the vetiver is probably supported by the cedar. In addition, an extremely subliminal acidity and effervescence comes through the grapefruit and orange in alternation added.
Pepper I could perceive so far none.
All in all, I would describe it by the following: Everything is dry as dust and the earth forms cracks, the bushes are scrawny and bare. The landscape is barren. It must have gotten dark and a cool down seems near. The morning dew seems to be finally providing some moisture. The vegitation craves water. Absorbing any moisture to secrete some scent. But it is too little. From somewhere come the first drops. A little cooling is to be expected.

The fragrance is quite suitable as a signature and is exceedingly suitable for the office. He is extremely distinctive and somewhat peculiar. Nevertheless, he should at least get the chance to be tested - the trip to the drought is worth it all.
He is definitely wearable at any time of year, and even if age is always relative, from about 30 he should fit many. Although I am significantly younger, some days I just feel like TdH. The durability are with me easily 10h. In combination with jeans and hoodie, however, I can not imagine him with the best will in the world.
Highly recommended for managers who do not want to be constantly addressed by employees and rather by a rather hierarchical management style (which is absolutely not meant in a judgmental way) rather want to have their peace and especially before the first coffee by nothing behelligt want.
HamidHo
A summer walk through the forest
For me, it was love at first meeting!

This fragrance just smells like pure, summer freshness to me. A masculine freshness, one that is natural. No artificial "toilet stone freshness", which I unfortunately perceive in many citrusy fragrances. Here this is not the case at all.
At the FIRST application, he reminded me already in the prelude to the green. Like a mixture of forest walk and freshly mown grass. A woody-green vetiver scent through and through.
He also has something slightly peppery, I understand if some think the fragrance would bite, but for me this is absolutely fine. On the contrary, even: This is part of the character of the fragrance for me and makes it somewhere to the signature fragrance. It's not a convulsively pleasing fragrance adapted to the mass market, it does its thing! With kick, with pepper and citrusy upbeat and green-woody base.

The fragrance is on my skin, by the way, really long lasting! Can perceive him up to 10h long, in the beginning clearly the fresh citric-peppery notes, with time it becomes less intrusive and becomes woodier.

For me, this is a fragrance for spring, summer and maybe autumn. A clearly masculine fragrance. The I see more in the leisure, you could also wear nice on warm evenings in the summer, by the somewhat intrusive signature character rather a fragrance that I would wear less often in the office. But you can definitely do! Especially to a chic suit.

I've often read that this is an old-fashioned fragrance, you have to be at least 40 to be able to wear it. I personally do not think much of such limits, I also like it sometimes when I stand out with my fragrances and possibly "fall out of the frame". I wear it very much with my crisp 25 ?

This was now my first review. This fragrance has earned it :)
Citrus in the desert
Citrusy fragrance that looks very elegant. I find this fragrance excellent because the citrus notes are very prominent. I like to wear this fragrance in the office and receive many compliments with it. Is not intrusive but charming.
Price performance I find good
Barcelona
"I had my cards read: The One really exists and he's going to change my life. The only problem is that he probably lives in Barcelona."
We sit on two patina folding chairs in front of the only dressing room in Quirin's store amid mountains of freshly unpacked men's clothing, drinking coffee to go from paper cups. I flush down my comment about certain cutthroats' fraudulent dealings with people's hopes with a big gulp and say instead, "I would so begrudge you."
Quirin has been dreaming of great love ever since I've known him. And that's been a few years now. He runs a boutique for extravagant menswear despite being a doctor of biology, because even greater than his love of amino acids is his talent for seeing beauty in absolutely everyone. And he wants to showcase that.
Quirin's style always hits the sweet spot of maximum wow and just not the startled oh god, he lives it with casual elegance, and so is his whole shop: In the middle of the dignified Linzer Gasse, it's my haven on the way to or from work; among the other shops, it stands out like a pink firefly among noisy potato bugs. When Quirin is inspired - and he often is - he decorates his shop window: sometimes daring, always an eye-catcher and never, absolutely never does he fail to include a bottle of Terre d`Hermès in his concept. And he doesn't sell the fragrance at all. He just loves it.
"Maybe I can tell he's wearing Terre d'Hermès," Quirin muses over his coffee mug, and I think to myself that no one at all smells as good as he does. Quirin always smells like Terre and the whole shop with it. You can tell the time of day by the scent: in the morning, when the boutique opens, there's a delicate veil of grapefruit in the air, more fresh than bitter, cheerful and somehow exuberant. It is joined by a dark, full orange, rich and powerful like a sunrise over the sea. The fruity impression is captured by pepper notes, aromatic, almost floral, not spicy, and before the whole thing gets too fruity, the warm scent of cedarwood, with the sun shining on it, brings it back down to earth. Vetiver provides a counterpoint, perhaps, no, certainly it is supported by a tiny touch of patchouli, tart, earthy, dark and deep. The fragrance oscillates in this tension: light and dark, light and strong, head in the clouds and feet firmly on a warm, fragrant earth. It is a fragrance like Quirin and his shop.
People like to come to him: men who are tired of the same old jeans with the same old hoodie are enthusiastically helped by him to find their fashionable selves. When he has made one in particular shine, he sometimes coyly offers him a few spritzes of Terre d'Hermès to round off the overall impression and waits to see if the prophecy comes true.
It's not just this kind of people who visit his shop. At one point, we're just sitting back in our folding chairs, a lady in a loden suit comes in the door, looks at him and says, "You're a disgrace." Then she turns on her heel and walks out the door. We look after her and struggle for words. Then we laugh away our anger.
Another time, I drop by his house after work and find him crying while sorting some men's shirts. It's because mum is so unwell, he says. It has nothing to do with the teenagers who were just in his store. They threw the pile of shirts off the rack as they walked by, saying "fag stuff." "That's kid stuff," Quirin says, blowing his nostrils. "They've yet to grow up."
Then I go on vacation and when I come back the store is no more. It's just gone. I don't know what happened, only that it never occurred to me to ask him for his cell number. Why would you? He was always there. On the good days, I want to believe he traveled to Barcelona and found love there. On the not-so-good ones, I hope it wasn't the ladies in loden coats and prepotent adolescents of this earth who vanquished him.
What I do know is that Quirin loves fragrances and especially Terre d'Hermès. So if you're reading this, Quirin, I just want you to know that I hope you're lying on a beach in Barcelona with the sun shining on your face. I hope it's next to you and it's everything you've ever dreamed of. And I hope it smells like Terre d'Hermès.

MatuxMatux 2 months ago
Strange topnotes, "metalic" and woody, some citrics, later on a classic men's EdT - very original in its beauty.
FerasFeras 3 months ago
Fresh, citrusy and woody , this a classic, one of best fragrances ever created.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 4 months ago
I have re-visited this parfum after sometime.it is stunning,it remains one of my favorite freshy/vetiver. It leaves best trail ever.
RisingChaosRisingChaos 4 months ago
Earthy "dirty" orange with an effervescent freshness. Fresh enough, mature enough, masculine enough for all occasions. Prefer over Parfum.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Td'H is manly and classy. It starts with orange blended with an earthy and woody vetiver. It's fresh but mature. Performance is good.
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
A masculine woody blend with abundant orange and vetiver. I can see the appeal but it's too earthy, dry and bitter for me.
AkinnenAkinnen 1 year ago
I am probably one of the rare people who is just OK with TDH meanwhile all others have orgasmic religious opinions about it
OmardoOmardo 1 year ago
This is how paradise probably smell. you walk barefoot in a desert. behind your footsteps, flowers grow. and you leave behind a smell too.
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 2 years ago
Bright, clean, refreshing citrus. I don't smell anything other and, alas, too clean for my expectation. Great as room freshener, though.
ScentDaneScentDane 2 years ago
Spicy, earthy, citrus tree with vetiver. A masterpiece by Jean-Claude Ellena. TdH is so versatile, but does require some maturity to wear.

...... ein paar Vitamine für den Mann .... ;))
by IrisNobile
❤️ Alles Liebe zum Papatag !! ❤️
by Irini
Männer ran... heute wird gegrillt
by Blödel
by VanAllan
by VanAllan
by Jan1991
by Jan1991
Die Erde von Hermès, für mich der beste Duft aus dem Haus...
by Salva
by Tibor
by Tibor
200ml & 12,5ml mini
by Snaut
schöner flakon, den duft finde ich nicht mehr so toll
by Guapo
by Firooz
by Rodin
by Rodin

Popular Hermès

Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Calèche (Soie de Parfum) by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Elixir des Merveilles by Hermès Concentré de Pamplemousse Rose by Hermès