Terre d'Hermès 2006Eau de Toilette

Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès
Bottle Design Philippe Mouquet
Top 65 in Men's Perfume
Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Hermès for men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-earthy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Sunshine Man

Benzoin, Flintstone, Geranium leaf, Grapefruit, Orange, Patchouli, Pepper, Pink pepper, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.01.2021.

MisskMissk 9 years ago

„Dry orange and woods”

Terre d'Hermes is certainly a very interesting scent with many dimensions. I get a lot of woods, but also a lot of earthiness as well from smelling this. In...
ChrisdlChrisdl 2 years ago

„TH EdT doesn't agree with me”

I 've read a lot of reviews of TH, so I blind bought it (like I often do) without thinking twice about it. The opening was lovely citrus, followed by a wonderful...
Jannik200999
Is this the way the earth smells in France?
...if so, I need to get there ASAP!

Terre d Hermès is one of the very big in the fragrance world, and that surprises me!
The DNA is, I think, actually not one that is so easy to wear. But from the beginning.

The first time I smelled it in a drugstore and was first time a little confused. Earth? Yes. Orange? Yes. Do I need it? No.
When I left the drugstore again, I did not know what to think of it all.
A little later, the fragrance then pulled for the first time as a cloud in my nose, and I sniffed not directly on my wrist.
And then it was then done around me.
In the air I perceive it completely different than directly on the skin. The only slightly sweet orange blends fantastically with the vetiver and the flint - it really smells like a noble, slightly fruity-fresh earth...and I love it!

So I could not help (times again), but to buy me a flacon which, by the way, is an absolute feast for the eyes.

Since then, I appreciate Terre d Hermès very much. As I mentioned at the beginning, surprised me the success of this fragrance but very, I find him by no means 0815, rather extraordinary and very special. But taste is just subjective, and sometimes not to understand.

Funny thing about the whole thing is that I'm actually absolutely NOT a vetiver fan. Encre Noire, for example, was a horror for me. And yet I love Terre d Hermès. Crazy.

The longevity and sillage is great for an EdT, but never room-filling or overbearing. One comes with the morning application thus well through the day.

What a great earth.

Camping trip
An annual family camping event, where we drive our 4x4 into the woods. Then we can all indulge in outdoor activities, getting our clothes stained and acting all lumberjack. Woodsy, earthy, even a bit wild. But it all feels unnatural, constructed.

The orange peels are great. To me they are what this perfume is all about. The pepper is subtle but obviously there, very enjoyable too. The woods, however, indistinct and even aggressive at first. A bit coniferous, a bit vetiver-ish.. well-blended or is it just the ISO E Super? The opening induces the same headache as Encre Noire did to me. Not for long, thankfully. After a while the woods settle down into a potpourri with the orange peel and pepper.

Overall, an adventurous scent, although it didn't bring me as close to nature as I hoped for. I'm glad I can go home now. Don't forget to take off your boots when we get back into the car.
Fatty bread
"Terre d'Hermès" and I - a never-ending story. I first bought the fragrance when it first came out. I was impressed then (and continue to be) by Mr. Ellena's will to innovate. At the time, for me, it was an unheard of fragrance, so completely new, with previously unscented accords. A spicy-citrusy opening, followed by an earthy-tart-fresh heart that creates the impression of stony earth. The individual components intertwine perfectly and create an individual fragrance experience. In my opinion, a concept fragrance par excellence, but one of the few unreservedly wearable, suitable for everyday use. Although the perfume is now widely distributed, but its fascination does not harm.

I wore "Terre d'Hermès" back then gladly and frequently. Just...at some point, the fragrance annoyed me, I do not know why to this day. What followed was a phase of abstinence. At some point I bought the Eau de Parfum. Fruitier, orangier, but also with the unmistakable fragrance DNA. At some point, the Eau de Parfum was too fruity for me, so it was back to the Eau de Toilette. Again the enthusiasm set in, I couldn't get enough of this perfume. Slowly, however, saturation crept in again, so I passed on the bottle. The fascination remained. I tested known representatives of this fragrance, such as "Red Vetiver" or "Ginepro Nero", pondered whether to buy the original again, used up bottlings. I remain undecided to this day. On some days, "Terre d'Hermès" is an olfactory Elysium, on other days, the fragrance annoys me immensely...

As Fettes Brot sang back in 1996, "Should I really do it or should I leave it alone? Yep..."
SaSu77
I love it (but not everyone likes the scent)
❤️ I love the fragrance,
but it already smells very classic and outdated.

Careful when buying, as in my opinion it is only a fragrance for more mature/older men.

I smell him myself incredibly happy, but my wife even gets a headache from it. So no compliment getter.

Thus, I just wear it for me and the fragrance DNA can actually be used all year round. Perhaps "the" classic gentleman fragrance.

Absolutely before buying times test whether you like it.
Forever a phenomenon
Earthy? What does earth smell like?" Well, the name does indicate the scent," I thought, and went to my trusted perfumery at the time.

After the test sniff, I took the strip with me, but was not really convinced. Could not match the scent. Even a few hours later after it had dried, he still did not inspire me.

When I was half a year later in search of what new, I decided to a renewed test momentous as it should turn out :-)
On my skin / on my body, the fragrance develops very pleasant, just so that you can say "the fits me".

He acts fresh and exceptional and brings an excellent durability (edt) with!

You notice already, my search for what new has led me then nevertheless still to a fragrant Dorm of luck.... Who is skeptical of the fragrance - get a small bottle and test it over a few weeks on themselves. Only so you can finally judge this masterpiece (my opinion :) )

#vetiver

Modern Classic
Terre d’Hermès is a pillar perfume from a French high fashion luxury goods company known as Hermès. Jean-Claude Ellena was inspired by the novels of author Jean Giono for which he claimed “He is a man who loves the richness of nature” and decided to create a vertical fragrance focused on vegetal and mineral notes.

Here are my 5 quick takes:

- Signature scent contender with great value for money
- A citrus woody perfume with good longevity
- Created by master perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena in 2006
- Best used during warmer weather on business and leisure occasions
- A top tier pillar fragrance that will last for decades

Terre d’Hermès has already become a modern classic that will outlast many designer and wannabe niche perfumes for decades to come.

It dances the fine line between being ethereal and rich and what a magnificent dance that is. That’s why it’s a masterpiece and gets a holy grail scent approval.

If you are interested in my perfume work and would like to check out the full review, you can find me on my scentgrail website and social media's under the Scent Grail name. Cheers.
Fresh Flintstone
As children my brothers and I often tried to create sparks with flints. In some places these glassy chunks are easy to find and to identify for children, so we took two of these stones and hit them against each other. As I know by now, our flaring was doomed to failure from the beginning, you need pyrite or steel for beautiful, glowing sparks as a second flint. Instead of blazing flames we only got sharp-edged fragments and a strange smell in the air. Mineral, strange, a little bit biting and absolutely inimitable.

This flint-stone smell is for me the magic of Terre d'Hermès. As soon as the citrus notes fade away, the flint spreads and, together with the vetiver, creates a wonderfully mineral, spicy fragrance with a lot of depth. Yet it remains fresh and light throughout, instead of getting lost in its earthiness. The scents are perfectly coordinated and you can smell individual notes well. Even if it is more of an autumn or winter scent for me, you can wear it the whole year round with confidence.

Hermès has also thought about the design: the dark brown and orange of the packaging are a perfect match for this fragrance, especially or precisely because they are also the colours of flint. The clarity and lightness of the fragrance is again reflected in the transparent bottle and the subtle hue of the contents.

It seems to polarize if you compare the overall rating with some comments in the forum, but for me Terre d'Hermès is an absolute classic.

A timeless fragrance that will always remind me nostalgically of youthful pyromania

CigiScent
My favorite designer and the reason I got into niche.
I have been wearing Terre D'Hermes for quite some time. I can't remember when I bought my first bottle. What I do remember is that at one time, I bought a new bottle of it and it had changed. I did know nothing about perfumes at the time, about niche, about batch variations, about reformulations...

But I noticed that Terre was not the same. It lost complexity, power, it was less exciting, more 2 dimensional. It was for this reason I started to look elsewhere, to niche fragrances. I started doing research. Was it possible that the fragrance had changed? Then I fell into the rabbit hole and got to know niche, and reformulations, IFRA, batch variations...

I still have a 2018 batch of Terre. You know what it is if you read all the other reviews, you get the orange, vetiver, woodsy, earthy... It is so elegant, masculine, classy... It still is my favorite designer scent. A far cry from all the ambroxan bombs that'll blow your head of, or extremely sweet nuanceless fragrances. I guess if I could keep one designer fragrance for life, Terre would still be a good contestant.

Nowadays I'm getting to know vintage fragrances, and I understand more what happened. Fragrances are reformulated, a lot of beautiful raw materials have gotten restricted, or too expensive. Capitalism is also deciding that fragrances should get big companies more money and I think it shows.

I would really like to smell an older batch of Terre, to verify if I'm not going crazy, or becoming an old nostalgic, but I'm quite sure it's not just me.

At the end of the day, Terre is still a beautiful fragrance I would recommend to anyone above 25 that likes classic, masculine, original, timeless French class. I like the bottle, it has the same timeless elegance and class. The performance is still quite good but beware of olfactory fatigue. If you spray anywhere near your nose, you'll lose the scent pretty quickly. I do one spray on each wrist and one on the back of my neck and I get a pleasant scent bubble for at least a working day long.
Philosophical questions
What is the sense and purpose of a fragrance ? To smell good? What is good? What pleases one or pleases others?

This scent brings me to all these questions. My brother gave me a tester of this scent as a gift. Then I sprayed it on, of course. My first impression was: male. This woody-earthy-citric mixture smells simply masculine and very qualitative. I like it very much, unlike those around me.
I was told that I smelled like toilet stone lemon, and that more than once. And that's when questions started to arise
When you smell one scent on another, you simply decide whether or not you like it, based on what the scent reminds you of. You can't see the price, the bottle, or all the scents. Just the fragrance and the association with it. The point is that if you are in the world of fragrances and you want to smell individually, to stand out from the crowd. That's why you fall back on extraordinary scents, which just don't always appeal to the masses. But if you wear a fragrance that you like very much, you want to be perceived as such. And that is what the scent smells like, in this case: masculine. But if I am not perceived as that, but as a toilet stone, then the scent fulfils its function only for me, but not for my environment. Of course impressions are different and I am sure that there are people who will like this scent on you. I personally find the fragrance very successful
To the fragrance itself briefly: starts very fresh, then woody and monotonous. Can be worn at any time of the year and on any occasion. Sillage very good, one spray rubbed on wrist and neck, leaving a whole cloud of fragrance in passing, according to a colleague.

Well, what's the point of a scent now? Just to smell good? Or is there more to it than that?
5.5

A conviction of greatness
If not for the company status, this would be considered a mediocre smelling fragrance. People just see the name "Hermès" and are instantly convicted about the greatness of the perfume.
Okay, now few words about the scent itself:
It opens with a bitter orange and some woods in the background.
Then the orange starts to dissapear and the only thing you can smell is the vetiver mixed with pepper. In this case it smells like a conifer, which I do not consider anything but dissapointing and... just not nice.
(Un)fortunetaly, not my cup of tea.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 5 months ago
Td'H is manly and classy. It starts with orange blended with an earthy and woody vetiver. It's fresh but mature. Performance is good.
ItchynoseItchynose 5 months ago
A masculine woody blend with abundant orange and vetiver. I can see the appeal but it's too earthy, dry and bitter for me.
AkinnenAkinnen 8 months ago
I am probably one of the rare people who is just OK with TDH meanwhile all others have orgasmic religious opinions about it
OmardoOmardo 8 months ago
This is how paradise probably smell. you walk barefoot in a desert. behind your footsteps, flowers grow. and you leave behind a smell too.
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 9 months ago
Bright, clean, refreshing citrus. I don't smell anything other and, alas, too clean for my expectation. Great as room freshener, though.
ScentDaneScentDane 9 months ago
Spicy, earthy, citrus tree with vetiver. A masterpiece by Jean-Claude Ellena. TdH is so versatile, but does require some maturity to wear.
HubertGHubertG 11 months ago
Masterpiece, recognize it in the street 20m away, classic and classy male scent, my father's scent (after using Habit Rouge for years)
AithanAithan 11 months ago
Smell of burning dried orange peel. And, bit metallic.
Performance is good.
MillanderMillander 12 months ago
This one and Red Vetyver and Encre Noire is the best masculine vetiver I can stand but only in winter.
CatarinaCatarina 12 months ago
This is a men perfume I like to wear. The opening orange-grapefruit combo is fantastic and the gun powder vibe is even better.

...... ein paar Vitamine für den Mann .... ;))
by IrisNobile
by Irini
by Irini
Männer ran... heute wird gegrillt
by Blödel
by Tibor
by Tibor
200ml & 12,5ml mini
by Snaut
schöner flakon, den duft finde ich nicht mehr so toll
by Dennis250691
by Firooz
by Oziriz
by Oziriz

Popular Hermès

Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Elixir des Merveilles by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Hiris by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Concentré de Pamplemousse Rose by Hermès