Terre d'Hermès (2006)Eau de Toilette

Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès
Bottle Design Philippe Mouquet
Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Hermès for men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-earthy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Benzoin, Flintstone, Geranium leaf, Grapefruit, Orange, Patchouli, Pepper, Pink pepper, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.12.2019.

MisskMissk 8 years ago

„Dry orange and woods”

Terre d'Hermes is certainly a very interesting scent with many dimensions. I get a lot of woods, but also a lot of earthiness as well from smelling this. In...
ChrisdlChrisdl 15 months ago

„TH EdT doesn't agree with me”

I 've read a lot of reviews of TH, so I blind bought it (like I often do) without thinking twice about it. The opening was lovely citrus, followed by a wonderful...
9.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Honour to whom honour is due - Homage to a Great One
The plan was to dedicate my 50th comment (and thus a small anniversary) to a very special fragrance. It is well known that plans are one thing and reality another and that those who are not flexible will still have a hard time in our ever faster changing world. So postponed. Since postponed with me but is not kept, now here the subsequent delivery of my opinion to Terre d'Hermes.

Almost 1500 reviews speak for themselves. A cut of 8.2 too. Many of them are technically versed, extremely endeavoured, in love with detail and approached this fragrance with unbelievable precision, so for me carrying owls to Athens would mean reinventing the wheel and writing a detailed analysis on my part. No, that would be a waste of time.

I want to focus on how good a fragrance can actually be and what makes a good fragrance at the end of the day.

My first encounter with Terre in 2006 was an experience. One that doesn't repeat itself every day. Scent tested. Enthusiastic. Bought it. And bought again and again. More and more often then also perceived by others. Still bought again and again. And only finally again.

I'm sure the Hermes people wanted a good fragrance to develop, but that Terre would be such a box-office hit would hardly have been dreamed of. The result was a product that somehow comes quite close to the well-known egg laying wool milk sow.

A great fragrance.

Someone you like to smell.
One you perceive but don't kill.
One that distinguishes its wearer as stylistically confident.
One that leaves in autumn and spring, but also in winter and summer if necessary.
One that goes in the morning but also works in the evening.
One who ennobles the Jacob Cohen jeans and refines the tux.
One that goes with a three-day beard just as well as a smooth face.
One who cuts a good figure in the office, but also stands his man on weekends shopping and in the espresso bar.
One who pays compliments like no other, but at the same time does not impose himself.
One that makes you act confident without scaring others.
One your kids like and your wife like. You yourself anyway.

Favourable. Elegant. Fresh. Well-groomed. Woody. Energetic. Male. Successful. All this is Terre. Above all, Hermes' managers would have been bad managers if they hadn't hastened to put various flankers left and right at the side of the classic.

Terre is a fragrance you can't go wrong with, that just always fits. The not yet mainstream is already a crowd pleaser. Similarly positioned as Boss Bottled, but next level. A fragrance that you can still afford, that starts with a price-performance ratio that just fits. And this is also where the success lies, not necessarily to serve the absolute niche, but to put together a solid overall package. Seldom has a brand succeeded better. One has created a work of art, one with an enormous recognition value.

The inclined reader has not remained hidden: I am an absolute lover of this great creation. Rarely have I worn a fragrance so long, so regularly and again and again as Terre. If I want to complain, then it is on a high level, but actually Sillage and durability could be even better. The bottle is Hermes-compliant, of high quality and simply great both visually and haptically.

One of the best ever to me.
9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Bernado77
From Chantalle and Benelobbe, applaud et keen...
Stylish, natural, fruity, high quality and lots of stylish understatement, characterize this fragrance! Fruity natural, slightly sweet to orange and yet, a slightly spicy vetiver with benzoin rounded note determine the opening. After 30-60 minutes, the orange goes into the background and prevents it from appearing too linearly sweet, but remains there very subtly and at the same time prevents it from smelling too much like headache vetiver, rather the benzoin, the slightly peppery scent, which I cannot assign, but which always resonates, in connection with the vetiver mentioned, almost a metamorphosis, the orange to grapefruit. It then ends with a slightly earthy and grapefruit-like Vipe. Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What a stylish, always walking, reserved and yet noticeable, multi-layered and at the same time, never too much of everything, smelling fragrance! Pure, down-to-earth, "luxury understatement"! This fragrance is not for self-promoters who drive their tuned AMG through the Mc Drive, order bottles with extra sparklers in the club, so that everyone notices that they have just ordered something more expensive, or new rich people who wear 5000-€ quartz watches with an open balance wheel or shirts with Swarovski skull applications. If you want to attract attention, impress someone or even have compliments, don't buy it! He'll be bitterly disappointed! For those who want an unmistakable, down-to-earth and at the same time luxurious fragrance and who can distinguish style from prollience, they are a must have!
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Long love
I first got this fragrance up my nose in 2004. It was when I was at the Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris to renovate a Hermés shop.
After the work was done, the shop manager pushed a small box into my hand and thanked me for the good work.
Arrived at home I opened it and sniffed it carefully. What do you want me to say?
I was overwhelmed by the fresh and bitter and immediately in love. Then I sprayed myself with it and then to my girlfriend.
Unfortunately, she was less convinced of it. She didn't like the woody note at all.
So the topic Terre first ended for me.
Over the years, I have always bought other fragrances. From sweet to bitter, everything was there.
But one scent remained in my memory the whole time. Every time I was in a perfumery, I'd look for the Terre and sniff it.
I have also always looked for fragrances that come in this direction of the fragrance. But I was never fully satisfied with it.
If you know the original, then almost nobody else can get to it.

This year it was then so far. I spontaneously got myself an economy pack. Even if the woman (still the same as in the year 2004) still cannot have this smell.

I'm so excited about this fragrance that I haven't forgotten it for years.

For me this fragrance is and remains one of the best and my secret love ;)
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Tom27
A fabric that inspires the imagination
Whenever I use Terre d'Hermès, a wild orange plantation that is no longer cultivated builds up in front of my inner eye. Enclosed by low, partially decayed quarry stone walls and some small cedars. It just rained, but now the sun is shining again. Many of the overripe, partly already fermented oranges and perhaps also pink grapefruits are scattered in large quantities on the ground and give off a light, sweet-citric smell. A pepper bush very close by adds a spicy note, the flint stone lying on the ground a metallic, mineral note. The sun dries the damp soil more and more. The citrus scents combine with vetiver roots and oak moss to form a citric-earthy mixture. Together with the partially burnt cedar wood lying on the floor and the corresponding tree resin, a bewitching, minimally smoky, but in its entirety completely unsweet and very dominantly cool, earthy smell of the scenery exudes
This odour scenario remains more or less unchanged for up to 8 hours until it can only be perceived close up. This very linear fragrance development is covered by a good Sillage. Unfortunately such a linearity causes me an olfactory tiredness in the long run, as I already know it from Encre Noir. Otherwise I like this modern classic very much and can recommend it to almost all occasions, apart from sports, and also to all seasons.
10.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

The dying of summer
If you take a little look at my collection, you might notice that most of the fragrances in it belong to a certain category.

Evil tongues would be provided with words like "suitable for the masses", "unimaginative", "safe" or possibly "redundant", even more evil tongues would scream "Youtuber Designerliste" and what should I say? That would not be wrong in any case, a little elitist thought perhaps, but not wrong.

If you want to accuse me of having chosen fragrances only for their compliment, I would have nothing against it. At the beginning of my journey this was my main goal, but it is still changing, due to several samples that make me a bit poorer every month This will now build the bridge to Terre d'Hermès. By the way, a pure blind purchase due to the ratings of this forum, at the very beginning of my collecting time (significant, isn't it?) which I really never regretted.

This fragrance never really gave me much positive feedback, but I was immediately and almost manically tied after the first spray. This fragrance was art and has awakened in me the desire to understand art.

The prelude, which by the way varies the most between paper and skin, is sharp, it almost screams at me. It's generally hard for me to sniff out individual components, but the orange/grapefruit here really stands out.
Likewise the "dirt" which I cannot assign already no more certainly.
Over time, the woodiness of vertiver and cedar becomes stronger without pushing the orange and freshness out of the limelight.
I'm actually nobody who sprays the scent on the back of my hand, but at Terre d'Hermès I always catch myself following the course of the scent.
Durability and Sillage are almost perfect for me, you have the first 4 hours minimum a beautiful bell of fragrance around you, which pulls a magical, by myself still perceptible veil behind itself without becoming even a little obtrusive.
I still smell it after 10 hours, even if weaker and very close to the skin. He's quiet and classic. No old men smell but it radiates really elegance, fits rather to I say times "ordered" clothes than to Tanktop and Shorts.
Terre d'Hermès is wearable at any time of the year, it is quasi dictionary-worthy for a signature scent. For my part, however, I can already see in the amber-coloured liquid when this fragrance fits perfectly.

For me, this perfume is the epitome of autumn.
When summer slowly breathes its last life out,
when the hours of sunshine are more towards twilight than being bulging.
This wonderful time before the death of the leaves has really begun and you become melancholic.
Terre d'Hermès is the death of summer,
transience distilled in oil.
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Woody spicy goodness!
This fragrance is a classic already. I always loved this one since the beginning of my journey. The funny thing with this one is that during these years i've been able to catch more facets on this masculine fragrance.

First of all, this starts very fresh and peppery. Orange and black pepper right on your nostrils. Along with those notes you will have Iso E Super. A super long lasting aroma chemical that has a woody clean aspect. This will be your companion over the entire duration of this fragrance. The grapefruit is there too, giving a more bittersweet and so called bitter orange accord. After one hour, the Vetiver will appear. It's not a soapy Vetiver (like Guerlain Vetiver) neither dark (Lalique Encre Noire), is more fresh like fresh cut wood due to the Iso E Super. In the drydown there's a cedar note that is very encapsulated with the other woody notes and makes this a more masculine yet alluring scent. The performance is great. I get 10-12h with good sillage for the first 3-4h. A contemporary masterpiece that doesn't follow the sweet trend. Just wants to be masculine and timeless. 5/5
7.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

a gentleman’s fragrance
I first bought Terre edt at a duty free when flying from Boston back home. I was in a rush at my hometown airport and went into the duty free to browse. I wanted to get something nice but didn’t have time to explore all the fragrances properly and the girl who was helping me was talking Terre up so I purchased.

I regretted purchasing cause even though the fragrance was nice it wasn’t my style, it was a little too loud, piercing and just not what I was looking for but I was stuck with it. I forced myself to wear it a couple of times and started liking it more and more. Fast forward a year or so and this is a frag I couldn’t live without, I like it so much I even got the Pure Parfum version.

Jean-Claude Ellena has proven to be a great perfumer and to have a great understanding of citruses and how to blend them. The opening is so bright with a gorgeous grapefruit and orange and some loud pepper and dried down to a smoothier version with cedar, patchouli, vetiver and benzoin.

I was so impressed by Terre d’Hermes that I went on to buy Pure Parfum and Concemtré d’Orange Verte, bottomline Terre edt is nothing short of genius.
2.0 9.0 10.0 9.0/10

Niche commentary
I don't want to go into the fragrances here in a great way, some have already done so. I just want to tell you what I thought, think and vlt will think about Hermes edt.

It must have been 2-3 years ago, when I first noticed Hermes at P. and D..

They were simply simple flacons, whereby I have thought of the fast ones without looking more exactly where the differences lie.
They all look the same and so boring + mainstream for 100 Euro, no let me invest the time differently.

Ok, I have to admit, I sprayed it on when passing by, but I didn't give any real fair neutral chane, i.e. I didn't give any time until the scent developed or I had already tested other 2-3 scents before.

At the beginning of last year at the fair in Essen I met a very smartly dressed man, whom I immediately asked if it was Hermes, he answered my question in the affirmative with a little disappointment :).
Although I know the smell, I thought to myself, why do I find it now so good?

Again a few months later in Dortmund I was in the training hall looking for a person who wore Hermes.
Well, look who's here, it was the coach.
I also asked him if he has Hermes on it, he also answered my question in the affirmative, unlike the man at the fair with a smiley ( is also a cool guy ).
Hermes again very positive on my nose, but negative on my brain because already the second hit, MAINSTREAM anyway, but not so many users please :(.

After about 5 years of perfume addiction, I meant niche addiction, I told myself about 1 month ago, ok, I find rarity factor nice, but Hermes edt is so good, you have to acknowledge that and remember the times where Joop was still the best and do not lift you wanna be.

After a long time back and forth whether edt or edp I have decided through the comments of you to buy this here for the Internet price on site.

Hermes edt you've earned it, you're going to the museum. Your place is right next to your old neighbors YSL and Versace and D&G.
They all know each other, Creed, Clive Christian Bond No. 9 I'll introduce to you, but before I take you with me to work.

I expect a lot from you, so give it all on the first day.

Think, I thought there would be compliments without end, there was nothing on the first two days.
Good that I have an intrinsic motivation, but you have damaged my perfume skills.
That nobody addresses it, I counted on that 0.

I form my own opinion and take you with me, you are cool, no matter if others don't see it.

List of ingredients?
I smell like here none of the scents out, everything in a smells unique for me.

Shelf life?
Mega long, until death almost 48 hours
Right vital 8 hours

Flacon?
Let's not do that.

Helpful comment?
We'd better not do that either :)
7.0 4.0 4.0 2.0/10

I just don't get it
I must have the worst chemistry. I have read 100s of stellar reviews about TD edt and how exceptional it is. On my skin it just smells boring, uninteresting and not classy at all. It smells less like a fragrance and more like a solvent possibly. I have worn this about 25 times and I just can't get into this fragrance. I spray 2-3 sprays and have walked past people and they coughed. I don't think it's a coincidence LOL. I give up, it's just not good on me. When I purchased it I paid $100 and thought it would grow on me but it just won't.
10.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Superb EDT
I was really impressed last years with the Eau de Toilette, actually i have 2 original bottles 100ml and 200ml.
So my nose has a complete archive of all the top until bottom scent’s levels of EDT, of any occasion, any season...
I read so many and different reviews that compare EDT with Parfum, likewise some of them said than are similar, but to my nose these two fragrances are different and only in the middle tones come close..
When i try parfum at the beginning i had this weird orange citrus smell, i was prepared for that...(doesn’t bother me cause i have good impression from other fragrances that start like this) then i was waiting to feel the fresh, woody touch like EDT .
I was expecting parfum to be similar and stronger than EDT and only after one hour i had a small feeling that these two perfumes are getting closer, but parfum was lighter to my nose with more linear and sweet taste. At the bottom i didn't felt the superb dimensions, the freshness, the modern vibe of pine forest with mastic tones of EDT.. instead i had a lighter scent and more muscucline (oldish) bottom that didn’t impress me at all. EDP is weaker but darker , lil sweet and “heavy” in bottom end.
Its like You add a bad cheap parfume in the EDT .
Also ,after one hour, in the dry-down level become very weak and fresh-less , its like lost its power and his character...something that EDT doesn’t loose at all.
The main reason that i prefer EDT than parfum is that the last become very common and oldish scent in middle-down tones, without longevity.
EDT last all day and the project is awesome, from first top tones you are getting in a fresh pine forest with woody touch, a mastic light , vetiver space that let you breath between modern and classic view

EDT is clear winner 9,5/10
And for EDP is 7/10
8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Carlitos01
Dry orange peel jelly with woody vetiver and a flintstone spark
There is a Portuguese Christmas cake called "Bolo Rei" ("King of Cakes") made with dried fruits (including lots of dry orange peel), herbs and spices (fennel, tarragon, natural vanilla, ...) and is usually baked in bread ovens burning mineral coal.
Terre d'Hermés smells like this cake. Probably that's why I tend to consider TDH as a Winter scent. On the other hand I always considered Bolo Rei to be a Spring or a late Summer cake, meaning that TDH also evokes that weather season to me.
If you look to this scent as a cooking recipe it's all about candied orange with lemon & grapefruit, spices, a hint of vanilla, dry scented smoky herbs and some orange & lemon peel. Make sure you bake it in a mineral coal oven to get that smoky spark scent that I love so much. The flintstone touch note makes this fragrance really remarquable.
The result is an universal pleaser, dense and unique. Certainly, Jean-Claude Ellena experimented with a lot of natural citrus blendings, before creating this marvelous scent.

My rates for this candied dry orange-vetiver potion:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Scent Opening:..........9,5
Scent Drydown:.........8.5
Longevity:..................8.0 (above average)
Sillage:.......................8.0 (above average)
Uniqueness:..............8.5 (All its clones are not really close to this natural countryside scent. From expensive Red Vetiver to inexpensive Citrus & Woods, you just get faint resemblances)
Wearability:...............9.0 (Fall and Spring + Summer nights + Winter days + Christmas)
Versatility:.................9.0 (people tend to appreciate this fragrance in a lot of different situations)
Compliments:...........8.5 (very good, but not the best)
Quality:......................9.5 (quality ingredients; excelent packaging and bottle sprayer)
Presentation:............8.0 (very spartan but very unique and pleasant)
Price:..........................7.0 (52 Euros for a 100ml tester + taxes)
Overall rating: 8.50/10.0
between 7 and 8 =above average;
between 8 and 9 = recommended;
bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Advice: You will never be into fragrances without a bottle of Terre d'Hermes.
EDP or EDT? I kind of prefer the EDT version. It's more wearable and more recognisable for this fragrance unique scent.

Music: John Denver - "Take Me Home, Country Roads"
9.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

My favourite fragrance now
Dear Community

This is my very-first comment and I therefore ask for a little indulgence :)

I did TdH to myself this week after reading the reviews here and I have to say that this fragrance is just great. I don't (yet) know of any comparable fragrance.

At first, he really claps his hands. A mixture between earthy and citric. Honestly? It's not mine yet, so soon after it's applied. After 1-2 hours however this "force" lies down and on my skin he smells simply only ingeniously. How am I supposed to describe it? It's a masculine, mystical fragrance that makes me feel good and confident as I walk through the office and the city. My nose has taken a liking to this fragrance and so have I.

In terms of durability, it is not so strong for me personally. After 4-5 hours I smell very little of myself. I guess that varies from type to type - or?

In this sense a nice evening :)
9.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Orange d'Hermès
After having owned Terre d'Hermès for several months now, it is finally time for me to write a comment on it. Finally, I have chosen TdH as my current signature scent. But what can you write about this fragrance that hasn't been written long ago? With nearly 130 comments, 100 statements and over 1300 ratings there's hardly anything left to add. So I guess the best thing I can do is tell you what I've experienced with TdH. By the way: This is my first comment on parfumo.de

1. Nude: The shower gel
My personal experience with TdH began long before I tested the fragrance for the first time. I can't remember exactly when and where it was. All I remember is that it was at a time when I wasn't so much into perfume when someone was passing me by with that scent. I was immediately thrilled and thought, "Whoa, what's that smell?" And then a little blue-eyed: "Is there really such an incredibly good and intensely smelling shower gel?" Ok, I know: TdH is really not a typical representative of the genus shower gel scent (in contrast to what some other scent smiths fabricate). But this scent, which TdH spreads in the first hours after spraying on, I believed at that time most likely to a shower gel. At that time I didn't know any citric and fruity fresh scents of perfumes (although TdH also has a shower gel, by the way). And so it just smelled for me like a fresh shower back then; only MUCH hornier. But since I didn't dare to address the strange wearer, the story of TdH could have ended here for me again. But it should be different.

2. Act: The Debacle
I used to use perfume very rarely. Because I used to think of something like that only as a pure night scent. One evening, however, it happened that I wanted to wear a scent again. And while looking at my (at that time still quite sparse) perfume collection, my good old Acqua di Giò (so to speak my former signature scent) caught my eye. So grab the bottle quickly and go for it... But what was that: The fragrance I was used to suddenly had an unpleasant and pungent note. What was that about? After a short research in the following days it was clear: My AdG was overturned. A typical beginner's mistake was to blame: years of storage in the bathroom cupboard! The unpleasant odour improved somewhat in the further course of the fragrance. However, that evening - due to the lack of time to wash the plörre - could not be saved by the fragrance
3. Nude: The Enlightenment
THAT shouldn't happen again, of course. And at first, I was just planning on ordering a new bottle. But just before I could press the order button a voice in my head suddenly said: "Hey, you should treat yourself to a new scent!" I willingly follow the call. What did I have to lose (except maybe some lifetime). But where should I start looking? Of course: first of all: make smart on the Internet. And so I inevitably came across parfumo.de at some point and read the positive comments on TdH there. One day I decided to give this stuff with the funny name a chance (at first I had always left TdH out because I didn't like the name that much). But when I sprayed it on, it was back. This feeling like a fresh shower; only MUCH hornier. What do you want me to say? In the end, the story has come to a good end. Because I had finally found out which fragrance had inspired me so much at that time. And TdH convinced me so much from the very beginning that I didn't even think about fragrances or the course of fragrances
made. TdH had to come here and has been my favourite everyday fragrance ever since. It just fits in an awful lot of situations. A real all-rounder for me. Just like AdG was to me then. With the difference that TdH performs much better in the cold season and also performs much better than AdG.

And the scent?
Very well, then. Finally, I would like to say something about the course of the fragrance, because here I have a slightly different perception than most others describe it in their comments. I can locate a slightly velvety orange note in the top note, which lasts for several hours. Together with the grapefruit, it gives TdH this fruity freshness that inspired me right from the first encounter. I am well aware that orange and grapefruit are nominally citrus fruits. However, they are more fruity than citric. I would even go so far as to say: TdH is for me the Aventus of Orange. The dominance of orange makes TdH simple for me. Like the pineapple does with Aventus. For me, the woodiness and the earthiness that gives it its name are rather discreet with TdH. Which, in my opinion, does not detract from the fragrance experience. And so I always feel this feeling like a fresh shower when I spray TdH on it even today; only ...exactly... MUCH geiler.
9.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Skills0401
If there was a signature scent...
...then it would be Terre d'Hermès for me. I've never been a big advocate of the signature fragrance concept and before my time on Parfumo I had a small rotation of fragrances that were used on various occasions. In the meantime, this rotation has grown a bit, but the basic attitude that I want to underline different moods with different perfumes has not changed. Nevertheless TdH is now listed as a signature scent - why?

Well, there are several reasons - but the most important one is that I like the fragrance the best of all my perfumes. When I am undecided in the morning what I want to wear, my thoughts usually first wander to TdH. For me, there is no other fragrance that can be worn at any time, both professionally and in my free time, and that makes me feel so comfortable when I wear it. The very good durability and sillage for me and also the Iso E Super used here very meaningfully ensure that I get scent clouds in the course of the day again and again in the nose, which regularly lift my mood a little - that's how a scent should be!

Jean Claude Ellena has also succeeded in incorporating aspects into TdH that are suitable for all seasons and give the fragrance an iridescent character. In spring it's mainly the freshness with grapefruit and pepper that fits; in summer the orange and the slightly smoky note remind me a bit of summer rain in the air on hot days, which also comes from Iso E Super with its woody airiness. In the colder seasons, the cedar and vetiver base is more prominent, underlining the earthiness of Terre d'Hermès. I don't know many fragrances that are so multi-faceted, yet simple to wear. TdH never attracts attention unpleasantly, but caresses the wearer in a discreet, but always perceptible fragrance restaurant.

And last but not least, Terre d'Hermès reminds me of the place where I bought it and where I spent an exciting half year - Beirut. A dynamic, multicultural and diverse city supported by modernity, tradition and cordiality. TdH - Tradition, dynamics, cordiality? For me, yes, the perfume, with its rich facets and warmth, is a perfect match for this city.

I don't believe in the concept of signature scent - but if there was only one, Terre d'Hermès would have the best cards and will therefore always have a special place in my collection.
5.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Mild Patchouli
I have to admit I was baited by the TV commercials. But it was worth it.
It won't be my favourite, but once you follow the top note, it's a fragrance that you can wear occasionally when it comes to earthy scents.

The top note is extremely orange-heavy, which is not possible for me personally. They had also been able to save the nouance better. Reminds me of Davidoff's Zino, for example, but he's even more extreme in that respect.

After about two hours, however, when the orange has largely disappeared, a mild patchouli fragrance emerges. So earthiness par excellance. So you can wear it for my taste, if "earthiness" is asked.

I will buy it for the corresponding occasions if pure patchouli would be too strong
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Searing summer heat
Ächz, this page is killing me...The longer you look around, the more scents you want. I used to be an advocate of the One Fragrance for All faction. A universal fragrance, really just one that you can apply to your work as well as in the evening. Meanwhile there are 6 flacons around at home and it is fun to add something new every time. It's come to this. My newest achievement: Terre d´Hermes, which I bought at the local perfumery for a horrendous price (75€ for 50ml). I've wanted to for a long time, but that's when Green Irish Tweed got in my way.
Now to the fragrance: TDH simply smells unique, I don't know any fragrance that resembles it. I always think of scorching summer heat banging on the roofs, that's how it smells. Whereby the scent is not obtrusive or kills you, not at all. Hot. Peppery. Spicy, there is also a lot of wood (cedar?), but without appearing dusty or antiquated. A wonderful fragrance for everything (there it is again), which can be applied to all occasions. More like a summer scent, but actually it always goes (like right now)
7.0 8.0 7.0 9.5/10

Vetiver, Vetiver, Vetiver - a great touch of a summer on the coast
Terre d'Hermès has been one of my favourite fragrances for years. The citric notes, the vetiver oil and the golden colour awaken in me holiday memories, adjectives such as Mediterranean, lively, refreshing, free come to mind when I want to describe the fragrance. But with that I would never do justice to this smell, because these characteristics apply to so many other summer scents as well. What distinguishes Terre d'Hermès from all the other fragrances in my eyes is that he is also incredibly distinguished and expressive without becoming obtrusive. For me it fits both during the day in the office, and in the evening in a bar or on a date and of course also in the restaurant on vacation. Chapeau on the versatility of Terre d'Hermès!
9.0 8.0 9.0 3.0/10

Chrisdl
TH EdT doesn't agree with me
The opening was lovely citrus, followed by a wonderful pepper smell. I do love pepper in a fragrance, so that's a big plus. Terre d'Hermes has got it all. However...

The dry-down comes rather quickly after an hour or so, and with my bottle (bought 2018) it is rough, very rough. The beautiful opening which was still lingering in my mind was replaced by an overly bright, almost acidic smell which was headache-inducing and turned me off altogether. It's not just on my skin, because I've tried my TH on a paper strip and it got the same smell on the dry-down. I've now tried it multiple times, but I can't get past the bad ending. Maybe it is my batch, or perhaps it's a fragrance that doesn't agree with me. I'd like to warn you that although this works great with almost everybody else (check the reviews here to get the gist of it), it might not be for everyone. I'm sad to say that this is, so far, the worst fragrance in my (limited) collection. Sacrilege. Shame on me, I know. I can't help it.

I'd love to like it and deem it a masterpiece but the unexpected sour ending that lingers for hours ruins my experience completely. Try before you buy, especially recent batches.
7.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

If I don't know.....
what to use and have no time or desire to think about it, then I will use you dear Terre d'Hermès. That's the biggest compliment I can give you. You are like a calming pole in an excited world, which I can rely on and whose beauty I notice again and again astonished, although I did not want to pay attention at first.

Maybe you will be replaced sometime, but surely you will never be forgotten and today I just want to thank you for the nice moments
7.0 6.0 6.5/10

Rocendroll
[Raczej nie] A mialo byc tak dobrze, z poczatku mi sie podobal
O ile przy kilku pierwszych uzyciach bylo ok, to przy koncu fiolki czulem obrzydzenie do tego zapachu. Nachalny. Eleganckie zapachy nie sa tak slodnie i ostre. Ten jest. Slodki i ostry. A mialo byc tak dobrze, przeciez z poczatku mi sie podobal

Carlitos01 7 months ago
Jean-Claude Ellena certainly experimented with a lot of natural citrus blendings, before creating this marvelous scent. Quite unique!+4
KingPin 10 months ago
Highly overrated, too peppery and slight bitter undertones. If this wasn’t Hermès, would you still have liked it?+1
3.5
DavidBraz 15 months ago
Zesty opening with a stong vetiver in the base. Great signature scent for a mature guy. You get noticed and it grabs a lot of compliments+2
Jazzy76 18 months ago
I think that some masterpiece-fragrances have no "sex". I tested this fragrance today and I loved it immediately. I could wear it. Why not?
PMRP12 3 years ago
Sophisticated masterpiece made for professional and formal scenarios. True artistry in its composition. Zesty, earthy, and invigorating.+5
Elysium 4 years ago
I've just sprayed TH and went my way to work. With this autumn sparkling air, a pleasant zesty juice of orange and grapefruit intoxicated me!+4

du leuchtest in der Stille
by Irini
by Irini
du duftest so fein ...
by Santalwalti
ich mag deine spritzige Sommerfrische ...besonders an Frühlingsabenden.... Danke, lieber Rai
by Santalwalti
Männer ran... heute wird gegrillt
by Blödel
by Tibor
by Tibor
200ml & 12,5ml mini
by Snaut
schöner flakon, den duft finde ich nicht mehr so toll
Miniatur
by Guapo
by Oziriz
by Oziriz

Popular Hermès

Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Toit by Hermès Eau des Merveilles by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Un Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès Le Jardin de Monsieur Li by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Jour d'Hermès (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche by Hermès Un Jardin après la Mousson by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Twilly d'Hermès by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès