Terre d'Hermès 2006 Eau de Toilette

Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès
Bottle Design Philippe Mouquet
Top 63 in Men's Perfume
Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Hermès for men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-earthy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Benzoin, Flintstone, Geranium leaf, Grapefruit, Orange, Patchouli, Pepper, Pink pepper, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.04.2021.

MisskMissk 9 years ago

„Dry orange and woods”

Terre d'Hermes is certainly a very interesting scent with many dimensions. I get a lot of woods, but also a lot of earthiness as well from smelling this. In...
ChrisdlChrisdl 3 years ago

„TH EdT doesn't agree with me”

I 've read a lot of reviews of TH, so I blind bought it (like I often do) without thinking twice about it. The opening was lovely citrus, followed by a wonderful...
Farneon
A classic: exciting but takes some getting used to, fresh but penetrating, original but unromantic!!!
Hm, the much praised and highly acclaimed "Terre d'Hermès" (TDH)! Should I as a vetiver and freshness fan actually like mega well ... and it does, but with certain restrictions, because I have now also tested many other fragrances with similar DNA type.

I got my first bottle shortly after the appearance of this fragrance given, and at that time my first thought was: "interesting"! ;-) ... Like eating sushi or drinking whiskey for the first time in your life (referring to the experience, not the scent, of course).

At that time TDH has me somehow slain whether the unexpected top note and sillage, while I was in the mid 200s quite already familiar with some more extreme (!?) Fragrances, from Azzaro to Yves Saint-Laurent to Mugler. I have but quickly accustomed to the earthy freshness and the citrusy wood, which I had not known so far (not to mention vetiver as a significant ingredient).

I can probably also add nothing earth-shattering to the 150+ reviews here. There are certainly more experienced and practiced "sniffers" among the authors than me. After a good 15 years by now, I've come to like TDH a lot. On the whole, however, I find it a bit too intrusive and unbalanced for its DNA.

I wish I could describe it better, but I would probably like it if the violent pointed-sour notes would be somewhat cushioned by a slightly (!) Sweetish-floral addition such as the tonka bean in "Cuir Vetiver" by (hold on!) Yves Rocher! :-)

Conclusion (subjective, as always): too fierce for the office, too tangy for going out, too showy for sports and too earthy for dating! When should I put it on? In between stop! ;-)
Hautgout
The overused grandpa and the man handbag
.... which counted in the 70/80/90s to the basic equipment of the tasteless still young or already matured man - in it were chapstick, a pocket knife, a package Pariser with patina, ne` bag gummy bears and an opened bag Landjäger. Later came then still, if really everything went wrong Minipli hairstyle, mustache and carrot pants (topped by cowboy boots in the jargon of the time "Clints" called) in addition ... worse was only Chernobyl or Modern Talking with Dieter Bohlen, the success does not really right and who still has not made the jump.
TdH has temporally seen not really what to do with the descriptions but the grandpa quoted here again and again, the seemingly embarrassing guy with the untrimmed chest and pubic area and the obligatory gold chain, which must be used as soon as something does not smell like pudding or vanilla and which one must almost protect in the course of the "Me-Too-Hysterie", he deserves protection? Not really... but the unfortunately redundant descriptions here in the forum would actually have to be punished with a perfume shopping ban or 24 hours bathing in 4711.
Now to the Opaduft: It was already told to TdH of the honorable fellow students everything, so that here only a short homage takes place. A friend of mine of the habitus would probably be counted among the hipsters has actually lost his way to this fragrance and wears it - Eiapopeia. Which is all the more surprising, because I constantly have to listen to his snide remarks about my perfumes, which do not really shake me to my foundations or make me cry.
TdH is itself something for the numerously lost who (assuming taste) always turn all rapturous to the overpriced ChiChi scents. Basically vetiver (which triggers a "aftershave" association for most here) and the rotten orange for all I care, which is next to the bitten off sausage end in the famous sofa tip. No vanilla, no tonka. Bang.
Who really thinks of old men with the fragrance has not understood much.
The only thing that bothers is that the fragrance is worn by too many and too many "important" otherwise he would have (along with a few others) the stuff to the signature fragrance...
Runomilano
From "Hmm, it's okay" to "Wow."
Terre d'Hermes was a fragrance that I had always heard a lot about, but tended to keep my distance because the comments were mostly not positive.
"You have to be at least 40 to wear it", "smells pungent", "doesn't smell modern", were just a few (negative) comments. But that's exactly what made me curious.
After all, as with getting to know people, I wanted to make my own picture of it, form my own opinion, because I have made the experience not to rely too much on opinions of others, because they are always very subjective.

As chance would have it, I got a sample one day with another fragrance order.
This sample was: Terre d' Hermès.I immediately sprayed the sample on my wrist.
"Hmm smells like a grated orange peel with some grapefruit notes.
Some more vetiver in the background," I thought to myself.A little pungent.

I was not exactly convinced and understood why some called this fragrance an "old man fragrance". The vetiver probably associates a certain maturity and masculinity.
This then ensures, especially initially, that one associates the fragrance with a person who is experienced in life and as a young person then feels like an older gentleman when wearing this fragrance.

But in the drydown, my opinion suddenly changed abruptly. The fragrance became softer and more pleasant, as I noticed more notes like cedar and a very little patchouli, which I personally like very much.I noticed how I subconsciously kept smelling my wrist, because especially in the first 2-3 hours the sillage is extraordinarily perceptible.

You can say that it went from a "Hmm, is okay", to a "wow effect".This fragrance clearly plays to its strengths in the drydown.Many perceive only the initially pungent orange note and immediately write off the fragrance. You have to give this complex fragrance a chance.I hardly know a single person who liked this fragrance right away.But if you give it a chance, you'll like it more and more.That's why Terre d' Hermès is the signature scent of many gentlemen: masculine, complex, mature (in spirit), luxurious, unique.

The durability on my skin was about 7-10 hours, which I consider good for an EdT.
You can wear it at any time of the year and in any environment (office, leisure, etc), which also makes it very versatile.By the way, after the sample was empty, I ordered the refill set with 30 + 125ml, which shows that I now like to wear this fragrance very much and very often.

The fragrance but please do not buy blindly, because it can not always come from "Hmm, is okay" to a "wow effect".
Scentamant
Fresh scent, a little stale
I got this fragrance as a gift and would now like to share my opinion with you. Since I read in the comments almost consistently only positive, this is probably more the exception than the rule.
The fragrance is pleasantly citrus in the top note and is probably very good as a discreet, unobtrusive spring or summer fragrance.
Unfortunately, I can not help but that these fresh citrus notes simply remind me of 4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser. A fragrance I know from my grandma and which I personally feel as something old-fashioned, conservative and out of date.
Also the durability, contrary to what the majority says, I find not really stunning - after 4-6 hours remains to me only a faint hunch.
Positive I can, however, the application of pepper, cedar and vetiver abringen, which I find an interesting chord abgeben and provide for a pleasant drydown.
The perfect office fragrance
Yes, that's exactly what Terre d'Hermès is for me. The perfect office fragrance! Light, fresh, woody, dry and distinctive. Not intrusive but super subtle. From the first time I smelled it to now (and I wear it almost exclusively in the office) I find it super high quality. It's not the "nice colleague you want to go to lunch with" type but rather the colleague where you take a quick breath and check everything is in place before knocking on his door. Determined, and someone who knows what to do when things aren't going so well. Unfortunately, the durability is not sooo super. The sillage rather somewhat restrained, but what I find appropriate for work.
For men >30
I wear it very much, just because it gives a certain sovereignty
Jannik200999
Is this the way the earth smells in France?
...if so, I need to get there ASAP!

Terre d Hermès is one of the very big in the fragrance world, and that surprises me!
The DNA is, I think, actually not one that is so easy to wear. But from the beginning.

The first time I smelled it in a drugstore and was first time a little confused. Earth? Yes. Orange? Yes. Do I need it? No.
When I left the drugstore again, I did not know what to think of it all.
A little later, the fragrance then pulled for the first time as a cloud in my nose, and I sniffed not directly on my wrist.
And then it was then done around me.
In the air I perceive it completely different than directly on the skin. The only slightly sweet orange blends fantastically with the vetiver and the flint - it really smells like a noble, slightly fruity-fresh earth...and I love it!

So I could not help (times again), but to buy me a flacon which, by the way, is an absolute feast for the eyes.

Since then, I appreciate Terre d Hermès very much. As I mentioned at the beginning, surprised me the success of this fragrance but very, I find him by no means 0815, rather extraordinary and very special. But taste is just subjective, and sometimes not to understand.

Funny thing about the whole thing is that I'm actually absolutely NOT a vetiver fan. Encre Noire, for example, was a horror for me. And yet I love Terre d Hermès. Crazy.

The longevity and sillage is great for an EdT, but never room-filling or overbearing. One comes with the morning application thus well through the day.

What a great earth.

Camping trip
An annual family camping event, where we drive our 4x4 into the woods. Then we can all indulge in outdoor activities, getting our clothes stained and acting all lumberjack. Woodsy, earthy, even a bit wild. But it all feels unnatural, constructed.

The orange peels are great. To me they are what this perfume is all about. The pepper is subtle but obviously there, very enjoyable too. The woods, however, indistinct and even aggressive at first. A bit coniferous, a bit vetiver-ish.. well-blended or is it just the ISO E Super? The opening induces the same headache as Encre Noire did to me. Not for long, thankfully. After a while the vetiver settles down into a potpourri with the orange peel and pepper.

Overall, an adventurous scent, although it didn't bring me as close to nature as I hoped for. I'm glad I can go home now. Don't forget to take off your boots when we get back into the car.
Fatty bread
"Terre d'Hermès" and I - a never-ending story. I first bought the fragrance when it first came out. I was impressed then (and continue to be) by Mr. Ellena's will to innovate. At the time, for me, it was an unheard of fragrance, so completely new, with previously unscented accords. A spicy-citrusy opening, followed by an earthy-tart-fresh heart that creates the impression of stony earth. The individual components intertwine perfectly and create an individual fragrance experience. In my opinion, a concept fragrance par excellence, but one of the few unreservedly wearable, suitable for everyday use. Although the perfume is now widely distributed, but its fascination does not harm.

I wore "Terre d'Hermès" back then gladly and frequently. Just...at some point, the fragrance annoyed me, I do not know why to this day. What followed was a phase of abstinence. At some point I bought the Eau de Parfum. Fruitier, orangier, but also with the unmistakable fragrance DNA. At some point, the Eau de Parfum was too fruity for me, so it was back to the Eau de Toilette. Again the enthusiasm set in, I couldn't get enough of this perfume. Slowly, however, saturation crept in again, so I passed on the bottle. The fascination remained. I tested known representatives of this fragrance, such as "Red Vetiver" or "Ginepro Nero", pondered whether to buy the original again, used up bottlings. I remain undecided to this day. On some days, "Terre d'Hermès" is an olfactory Elysium, on other days, the fragrance annoys me immensely...

As Fettes Brot sang back in 1996, "Should I really do it or should I leave it alone? Yep..."
SaSu77
I love it (but not everyone likes the scent)
❤️ I love the fragrance,
but it already smells very classic and outdated.

Careful when buying, as in my opinion it is only a fragrance for more mature/older men.

I smell him myself incredibly happy, but my wife even gets a headache from it. So no compliment getter.

Thus, I just wear it for me and the fragrance DNA can actually be used all year round. Perhaps "the" classic gentleman fragrance.

Absolutely before buying times test whether you like it.
Forever a phenomenon
Earthy? What does earth smell like?" Well, the name does indicate the scent," I thought, and went to my trusted perfumery at the time.

After the test sniff, I took the strip with me, but was not really convinced. Could not match the scent. Even a few hours later after it had dried, he still did not inspire me.

When I was half a year later in search of what new, I decided to a renewed test momentous as it should turn out :-)
On my skin / on my body, the fragrance develops very pleasant, just so that you can say "the fits me".

He acts fresh and exceptional and brings an excellent durability (edt) with!

You notice already, my search for what new has led me then nevertheless still to a fragrant Dorm of luck.... Who is skeptical of the fragrance - get a small bottle and test it over a few weeks on themselves. Only so you can finally judge this masterpiece (my opinion :) )

#vetiver

BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
Td'H is manly and classy. It starts with orange blended with an earthy and woody vetiver. It's fresh but mature. Performance is good.
ItchynoseItchynose 8 months ago
A masculine woody blend with abundant orange and vetiver. I can see the appeal but it's too earthy, dry and bitter for me.
AkinnenAkinnen 11 months ago
I am probably one of the rare people who is just OK with TDH meanwhile all others have orgasmic religious opinions about it
OmardoOmardo 11 months ago
This is how paradise probably smell. you walk barefoot in a desert. behind your footsteps, flowers grow. and you leave behind a smell too.
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 1 year ago
Bright, clean, refreshing citrus. I don't smell anything other and, alas, too clean for my expectation. Great as room freshener, though.
ScentDaneScentDane 1 year ago
Spicy, earthy, citrus tree with vetiver. A masterpiece by Jean-Claude Ellena. TdH is so versatile, but does require some maturity to wear.
HubertGHubertG 1 year ago
Masterpiece, recognize it in the street 20m away, classic and classy male scent, my father's scent (after using Habit Rouge for years)
AithanAithan 1 year ago
Smell of burning dried orange peel. And, bit metallic.
Performance is good.
MillanderMillander 1 year ago
This one and Red Vetyver and Encre Noire is the best masculine vetiver I can stand but only in winter.
CatarinaCatarina 1 year ago
This is a men perfume I like to wear. The opening orange-grapefruit combo is fantastic and the gun powder vibe is even better.

...... ein paar Vitamine für den Mann .... ;))
by IrisNobile
by Irini
by Irini
Männer ran... heute wird gegrillt
by Blödel
by Tibor
by Tibor
200ml & 12,5ml mini
by Snaut
schöner flakon, den duft finde ich nicht mehr so toll
by Guapo
by Firooz
by Oziriz
by Oziriz

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Elixir des Merveilles by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Amazone (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Calèche (Soie de Parfum) by Hermès Hiris by Hermès