Terre d'Hermès 2006 Eau de Toilette

Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès
Bottle Design Philippe Mouquet
Top 63 in Men's Perfume
8.2 / 101941 Ratings
Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Hermès for men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-earthy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

BenzoinBenzoin
Pink pepperPink pepper
VetiverVetiver
CedarCedar

8.21941 Ratings

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 31.07.2021.

MisskMissk 9 years ago

„Dry orange and woods”

Terre d'Hermes is certainly a very interesting scent with many dimensions. I get a lot of woods, but also a lot of earthiness as well from smelling this. In...
ChrisdlChrisdl 3 years ago

„TH EdT doesn't agree with me”

I 've read a lot of reviews of TH, so I blind bought it (like I often do) without thinking twice about it. The opening was lovely citrus, followed by a wonderful...
TristanKalus
Summer rain under orange trees
The first drops fell sporadically on the dry and cracked clay. Where they splashed they left dark stains on the dusty red ground. A gust of cool wind brushed beneath the leaves of the old, gnarled orange tree, making them rustle soothingly in its wake and cooling the warm summer air noticeably. Where the warm, thick air of the day was displaced by the shower, the clarifying scent of cool rain and damp earth pushed its way to the fore, mingling with the delightfully tart aroma of the thick-skinned oranges that hung plump from the branches. The scent of wood, which emanated from the ancient tree, was also distinct now, and if one concentrated a little, one could even detect the mineral notes of the damp rocks. As quickly as the rain started, the more abruptly it ebbed away. And while the dark clouds cleared a little, the first rays of sunshine pushed through the cloud cover again.

Fin.
Fred Flintstone & the parched earth in the morning dew
Terre d'Hermes is according to my nose at first a very dry fragrance that initially shows no obvious, great transformation. The course is very slow, flowing
First, the fragrance starts with a very concise, prominent, charakeristic flint note. Subsequently, a very dry, rough, shrubby vetiver comes to the fore that does not want to let any gimmicks - therefore, the statement of Scharlih82's review The perfect office fragrance - "the colleague, where you take a quick breath and check whether everything sits before you knock on his [r] door" fully applies.
Although one may seem a little strict with it, with the time something friendlier resonates with. It seems as if the morning dew comes to the fragrance, which gives the vetiver some moisture and steers it in a less shrubby, towards a woody / herbaceous direction. In this, the vetiver is probably supported by the cedar. In addition, an extremely subliminal acidity and effervescence comes through the grapefruit and orange in alternation added.
Pepper I could perceive so far none.
All in all, I would describe it by the following: Everything is dry as dust and the earth forms cracks, the bushes are scrawny and bare. The landscape is barren. It must have gotten dark and a cool down seems near. The morning dew seems to be finally providing some moisture. The vegitation craves water. Absorbing any moisture to secrete some scent. But it is too little. From somewhere come the first drops. A little cooling is to be expected.

The fragrance is quite suitable as a signature and is exceedingly suitable for the office. He is extremely distinctive and somewhat peculiar. Nevertheless, he should at least get the chance to be tested - the trip to the drought is worth it all.
He is definitely wearable at any time of year, and even if age is always relative, from about 30 he should fit many. Although I am significantly younger, some days I just feel like TdH. The durability are with me easily 10h. In combination with jeans and hoodie, however, I can not imagine him with the best will in the world.
Highly recommended for managers who do not want to be constantly addressed by employees and rather by a rather hierarchical management style (which is absolutely not meant in a judgmental way) rather want to have their peace and especially before the first coffee by nothing behelligt want.
HamidHo
A summer walk through the forest
For me, it was love at first meeting!

This fragrance just smells like pure, summer freshness to me. A masculine freshness, one that is natural. No artificial "toilet stone freshness", which I unfortunately perceive in many citrusy fragrances. Here this is not the case at all.
At the FIRST application, he reminded me already in the prelude to the green. Like a mixture of forest walk and freshly mown grass. A woody-green vetiver scent through and through.
He also has something slightly peppery, I understand if some think the fragrance would bite, but for me this is absolutely fine. On the contrary, even: This is part of the character of the fragrance for me and makes it somewhere to the signature fragrance. It's not a convulsively pleasing fragrance adapted to the mass market, it does its thing! With kick, with pepper and citrusy upbeat and green-woody base.

The fragrance is on my skin, by the way, really long lasting! Can perceive him up to 10h long, in the beginning clearly the fresh citric-peppery notes, with time it becomes less intrusive and becomes woodier.

For me, this is a fragrance for spring, summer and maybe autumn. A clearly masculine fragrance. The I see more in the leisure, you could also wear nice on warm evenings in the summer, by the somewhat intrusive signature character rather a fragrance that I would wear less often in the office. But you can definitely do! Especially to a chic suit.

I've often read that this is an old-fashioned fragrance, you have to be at least 40 to be able to wear it. I personally do not think much of such limits, I also like it sometimes when I stand out with my fragrances and possibly "fall out of the frame". I wear it very much with my crisp 25 ?

This was now my first review. This fragrance has earned it :)
Citrus in the desert
Citrusy fragrance that looks very elegant. I find this fragrance excellent because the citrus notes are very prominent. I like to wear this fragrance in the office and receive many compliments with it. Is not intrusive but charming.
Price performance I find good
Barcelona
"I had my cards read: The One really exists and he's going to change my life. The only problem is that he probably lives in Barcelona."
We sit on two patina folding chairs in front of the only dressing room in Quirin's store amid mountains of freshly unpacked men's clothing, drinking coffee to go from paper cups. I flush down my comment about certain cutthroats' fraudulent dealings with people's hopes with a big gulp and say instead, "I would so begrudge you."
Quirin has been dreaming of great love ever since I've known him. And that's been a few years now. He runs a boutique for extravagant menswear despite being a doctor of biology, because even greater than his love of amino acids is his talent for seeing beauty in absolutely everyone. And he wants to showcase that.
Quirin's style always hits the sweet spot of maximum wow and just not the startled oh god, he lives it with casual elegance, and so is his whole shop: In the middle of the dignified Linzer Gasse, it's my haven on the way to or from work; among the other shops, it stands out like a pink firefly among noisy potato bugs. When Quirin is inspired - and he often is - he decorates his shop window: sometimes daring, always an eye-catcher and never, absolutely never does he fail to include a bottle of Terre d`Hermès in his concept. And he doesn't sell the fragrance at all. He just loves it.
"Maybe I can tell he's wearing Terre d'Hermès," Quirin muses over his coffee mug, and I think to myself that no one at all smells as good as he does. Quirin always smells like Terre and the whole shop with it. You can tell the time of day by the scent: in the morning, when the boutique opens, there's a delicate veil of grapefruit in the air, more fresh than bitter, cheerful and somehow exuberant. It is joined by a dark, full orange, rich and powerful like a sunrise over the sea. The fruity impression is captured by pepper notes, aromatic, almost floral, not spicy, and before the whole thing gets too fruity, the warm scent of cedarwood, with the sun shining on it, brings it back down to earth. Vetiver provides a counterpoint, perhaps, no, certainly it is supported by a tiny touch of patchouli, tart, earthy, dark and deep. The fragrance oscillates in this tension: light and dark, light and strong, head in the clouds and feet firmly on a warm, fragrant earth. It is a fragrance like Quirin and his shop.
People like to come to him: men who are tired of the same old jeans with the same old hoodie are enthusiastically helped by him to find their fashionable selves. When he has made one in particular shine, he sometimes coyly offers him a few spritzes of Terre d'Hermès to round off the overall impression and waits to see if the prophecy comes true.
It's not just this kind of people who visit his shop. At one point, we're just sitting back in our folding chairs, a lady in a loden suit comes in the door, looks at him and says, "You're a disgrace." Then she turns on her heel and walks out the door. We look after her and struggle for words. Then we laugh away our anger.
Another time, I drop by his house after work and find him crying while sorting some men's shirts. It's because mum is so unwell, he says. It has nothing to do with the teenagers who were just in his store. They threw the pile of shirts off the rack as they walked by, saying "fag stuff." "That's kid stuff," Quirin says, blowing his nostrils. "They've yet to grow up."
Then I go on vacation and when I come back the store is no more. It's just gone. I don't know what happened, only that it never occurred to me to ask him for his cell number. Why would you? He was always there. On the good days, I want to believe he traveled to Barcelona and found love there. On the not-so-good ones, I hope it wasn't the ladies in loden coats and prepotent adolescents of this earth who vanquished him.
What I do know is that Quirin loves fragrances and especially Terre d'Hermès. So if you're reading this, Quirin, I just want you to know that I hope you're lying on a beach in Barcelona with the sun shining on your face. I hope it's next to you and it's everything you've ever dreamed of. And I hope it smells like Terre d'Hermès.
Classic, striking, conservative
How can one describe this fragrance with the help of stories or associations, that's what I always ask myself before I start with my reviews. Well, I find it fresh, but not necessarily sporty, also not necessarily a classic summer scent. I don't consider it an all-rounder either, so not necessarily the inconspicuous office scent. I associate it most with the well-dressed or suit-wearing, conservative, upper-aged man on his way to a rendezvous or event on a balmy Saturday evening. I know, that is now no outstanding association or description, but that's all I can think of the fragrance unfortunately.

Due to its good durability and sillage TdH should be noticed by anyone or everyone. However, I personally do not want to surround myself with the fragrance, it just does not suit me.

It starts off fresh, peppery, a little tart grapefruit with orange and then comes this peculiar scent, is that that rose geranium leaf? After that it becomes slightly sweet, earthy, woody and foresty with still a bit of a smoky note.

It's not bad, but it's also hard to describe why I don't like it. Close your eyes, sniff the back of your hand, imagine your own reflection in the mirror and.... no, that's not me. I don't know if it's the rose geranium leaf, more likely the combination of everything
Farneon
A classic: exciting but takes some getting used to, fresh but penetrating, original but unromantic!!!
Hm, the much praised and highly acclaimed "Terre d'Hermès" (TDH)! Should I as a vetiver and freshness fan actually like mega well ... and it does, but with certain restrictions, because I have now also tested many other fragrances with similar DNA type.

I got my first bottle shortly after the appearance of this fragrance given, and at that time my first thought was: "interesting"! ;-) ... Like eating sushi or drinking whiskey for the first time in your life (referring to the experience, not the scent, of course).

At that time TDH has me somehow slain whether the unexpected top note and sillage, while I was in the mid 200s quite already familiar with some more extreme (!?) Fragrances, from Azzaro to Yves Saint-Laurent to Mugler. I have but quickly accustomed to the earthy freshness and the citrusy wood, which I had not known so far (not to mention vetiver as a significant ingredient).

I can probably also add nothing earth-shattering to the 150+ reviews here. There are certainly more experienced and practiced "sniffers" among the authors than me. After a good 15 years by now, I've come to like TDH a lot. On the whole, however, I find it a bit too intrusive and unbalanced for its DNA.

I wish I could describe it better, but I would probably like it if the violent pointed-sour notes would be somewhat cushioned by a slightly (!) Sweetish-floral addition such as the tonka bean in "Cuir Vetiver" by (hold on!) Yves Rocher! :-)

Conclusion (subjective, as always): too fierce for the office, too tangy for going out, too showy for sports and too earthy for dating! When should I put it on? In between stop! ;-)
Hautgout
The overused grandpa and the man handbag
.... which counted in the 70/80/90s to the basic equipment of the tasteless still young or already matured man - in it were chapstick, a pocket knife, a package Pariser with patina, ne` bag gummy bears and an opened bag Landjäger. Later came then still, if really everything went wrong Minipli hairstyle, mustache and carrot pants (topped by cowboy boots in the jargon of the time "Clints" called) in addition ... worse was only Chernobyl or Modern Talking with Dieter Bohlen, the success does not really right and who still has not made the jump.
TdH has temporally seen not really what to do with the descriptions but the grandpa quoted here again and again, the seemingly embarrassing guy with the untrimmed chest and pubic area and the obligatory gold chain, which must be used as soon as something does not smell like pudding or vanilla and which one must almost protect in the course of the "Me-Too-Hysterie", he deserves protection? Not really... but the unfortunately redundant descriptions here in the forum would actually have to be punished with a perfume shopping ban or 24 hours bathing in 4711.
Now to the Opaduft: It was already told to TdH of the honorable fellow students everything, so that here only a short homage takes place. A friend of mine of the habitus would probably be counted among the hipsters has actually lost his way to this fragrance and wears it - Eiapopeia. Which is all the more surprising, because I constantly have to listen to his snide remarks about my perfumes, which do not really shake me to my foundations or make me cry.
TdH is itself something for the numerously lost who (assuming taste) always turn all rapturous to the overpriced ChiChi scents. Basically vetiver (which triggers a "aftershave" association for most here) and the rotten orange for all I care, which is next to the bitten off sausage end in the famous sofa tip. No vanilla, no tonka. Bang.
Who really thinks of old men with the fragrance has not understood much.
The only thing that bothers is that the fragrance is worn by too many and too many "important" otherwise he would have (along with a few others) the stuff to the signature fragrance...
Runomilano
From "Hmm, it's okay" to "Wow."
Terre d'Hermes was a fragrance that I had always heard a lot about, but tended to keep my distance because the comments were mostly not positive.
"You have to be at least 40 to wear it", "smells pungent", "doesn't smell modern", were just a few (negative) comments. But that's exactly what made me curious.
After all, as with getting to know people, I wanted to make my own picture of it, form my own opinion, because I have made the experience not to rely too much on opinions of others, because they are always very subjective.

As chance would have it, I got a sample one day with another fragrance order.
This sample was: Terre d' Hermès.I immediately sprayed the sample on my wrist.
"Hmm smells like a grated orange peel with some grapefruit notes.
Some more vetiver in the background," I thought to myself.A little pungent.

I was not exactly convinced and understood why some called this fragrance an "old man fragrance". The vetiver probably associates a certain maturity and masculinity.
This then ensures, especially initially, that one associates the fragrance with a person who is experienced in life and as a young person then feels like an older gentleman when wearing this fragrance.

But in the drydown, my opinion suddenly changed abruptly. The fragrance became softer and more pleasant, as I noticed more notes like cedar and a very little patchouli, which I personally like very much.I noticed how I subconsciously kept smelling my wrist, because especially in the first 2-3 hours the sillage is extraordinarily perceptible.

You can say that it went from a "Hmm, is okay", to a "wow effect".This fragrance clearly plays to its strengths in the drydown.Many perceive only the initially pungent orange note and immediately write off the fragrance. You have to give this complex fragrance a chance.I hardly know a single person who liked this fragrance right away.But if you give it a chance, you'll like it more and more.That's why Terre d' Hermès is the signature scent of many gentlemen: masculine, complex, mature (in spirit), luxurious, unique.

The durability on my skin was about 7-10 hours, which I consider good for an EdT.
You can wear it at any time of the year and in any environment (office, leisure, etc), which also makes it very versatile.By the way, after the sample was empty, I ordered the refill set with 30 + 125ml, which shows that I now like to wear this fragrance very much and very often.

The fragrance but please do not buy blindly, because it can not always come from "Hmm, is okay" to a "wow effect".
Scentamant
Fresh scent, a little stale
I got this fragrance as a gift and would now like to share my opinion with you. Since I read in the comments almost consistently only positive, this is probably more the exception than the rule.
The fragrance is pleasantly citrus in the top note and is probably very good as a discreet, unobtrusive spring or summer fragrance.
Unfortunately, I can not help but that these fresh citrus notes simply remind me of 4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser. A fragrance I know from my grandma and which I personally feel as something old-fashioned, conservative and out of date.
Also the durability, contrary to what the majority says, I find not really stunning - after 4-6 hours remains to me only a faint hunch.
Positive I can, however, the application of pepper, cedar and vetiver abringen, which I find an interesting chord abgeben and provide for a pleasant drydown.

FerasFeras 15 days ago
Fresh, citrusy and woody , this a classic, one of best fragrances ever created.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 1 month ago
I have re-visited this parfum after sometime.it is stunning,it remains one of my favorite freshy/vetiver. It leaves best trail ever.
RisingChaosRisingChaos 1 month ago
Earthy "dirty" orange with an effervescent freshness. Fresh enough, mature enough, masculine enough for all occasions. Prefer over Parfum.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 12 months ago
Td'H is manly and classy. It starts with orange blended with an earthy and woody vetiver. It's fresh but mature. Performance is good.
ItchynoseItchynose 12 months ago
A masculine woody blend with abundant orange and vetiver. I can see the appeal but it's too earthy, dry and bitter for me.
AkinnenAkinnen 1 year ago
I am probably one of the rare people who is just OK with TDH meanwhile all others have orgasmic religious opinions about it
OmardoOmardo 1 year ago
This is how paradise probably smell. you walk barefoot in a desert. behind your footsteps, flowers grow. and you leave behind a smell too.
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 1 year ago
Bright, clean, refreshing citrus. I don't smell anything other and, alas, too clean for my expectation. Great as room freshener, though.
ScentDaneScentDane 1 year ago
Spicy, earthy, citrus tree with vetiver. A masterpiece by Jean-Claude Ellena. TdH is so versatile, but does require some maturity to wear.
HubertGHubertG 1 year ago
Masterpiece, recognize it in the street 20m away, classic and classy male scent, my father's scent (after using Habit Rouge for years)

...... ein paar Vitamine für den Mann .... ;))
by IrisNobile
❤️ Alles Liebe zum Papatag !! ❤️
by Irini
Männer ran... heute wird gegrillt
by Blödel
by Jan1991
by Jan1991
by VanAllan
by VanAllan
Die Erde von Hermès, für mich der beste Duft aus dem Haus...
by Salva
by Tibor
by Tibor
200ml & 12,5ml mini
by Snaut
schöner flakon, den duft finde ich nicht mehr so toll
by Guapo
by Rodin
by Oziriz
by Oziriz

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Calèche (Soie de Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Amazone (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Concentré de Pamplemousse Rose by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès