Terre d'Hermès 2006Eau de Toilette

Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès
Bottle Design Philippe Mouquet
Top 62 in Men's Perfume
Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Hermès for men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-earthy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Benzoin, Flintstone, Geranium leaf, Grapefruit, Orange, Patchouli, Pepper, Pink pepper, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.10.2020.

MisskMissk 9 years ago

„Dry orange and woods”

Terre d'Hermes is certainly a very interesting scent with many dimensions. I get a lot of woods, but also a lot of earthiness as well from smelling this. In...
ChrisdlChrisdl 2 years ago

„TH EdT doesn't agree with me”

I 've read a lot of reviews of TH, so I blind bought it (like I often do) without thinking twice about it. The opening was lovely citrus, followed by a wonderful...
Philosophical questions
What is the sense and purpose of a fragrance ? To smell good? What is good? What pleases one or pleases others?

This scent brings me to all these questions. My brother gave me a tester of this scent as a gift. Then I sprayed it on, of course. My first impression was: male. This woody-earthy-citric mixture smells simply masculine and very qualitative. I like it very much, unlike those around me.
I was told that I smelled like toilet stone lemon, and that more than once. And that's when questions started to arise
When you smell one scent on another, you simply decide whether or not you like it, based on what the scent reminds you of. You can't see the price, the bottle, or all the scents. Just the fragrance and the association with it. The point is that if you are in the world of fragrances and you want to smell individually, to stand out from the crowd. That's why you fall back on extraordinary scents, which just don't always appeal to the masses. But if you wear a fragrance that you like very much, you want to be perceived as such. And that is what the scent smells like, in this case: masculine. But if I am not perceived as that, but as a toilet stone, then the scent fulfils its function only for me, but not for my environment. Of course impressions are different and I am sure that there are people who will like this scent on you. I personally find the fragrance very successful
To the fragrance itself briefly: starts very fresh, then woody and monotonous. Can be worn at any time of the year and on any occasion. Sillage very good, one spray rubbed on wrist and neck, leaving a whole cloud of fragrance in passing, according to a colleague.

Well, what's the point of a scent now? Just to smell good? Or is there more to it than that?
5.5

A conviction of greatness
If not for the company status, this would be considered a mediocre smelling fragrance. People just see the name "Hermès" and are instantly convicted about the greatness of the perfume.
Okay, now few words about the scent itself:
It opens with a bitter orange and some woods in the background.
Then the orange starts to dissapear and the only thing you can smell is the vetiver mixed with pepper. In this case it smells like a conifer, which I do not consider anything but dissapointing and... just not nice.
(Un)fortunetaly, not my cup of tea.
Shield and sword
Departure;

My fragrance journey began a few months ago in a difficult time of my life.
I lost a lot, mourned a lot, thought a lot and at some point looked for distraction.
Without knowing exactly how, I came across the world of fragrances.
I enjoyed the wonderfully written contributions in this forum, followed the pictorial descriptions in my thoughts, and could laugh again.

My first purchase was Trumper's masterpiece - Eucris - the perfect companion for my emotional state at the time. This quiet gentleman helped me to overcome this time, but immediately brought me into the next unpleasant situation where we both fell.
After that I needed something encouraging, strong but still calm at my side.
I didn't want to be all alone from that point on. I was too addicted to this new universe for that.
Countless hours of research, scent samples and purchases later, I still had not found my rock in the surf.
Every bottle in my small, modest collection of apprentices has its own special charm, but none of them was willing to accompany me day after day.
Nobody was able to describe my character, to carry it to the outside and support it.

One night, when I was looking for great comments again,
the name Terre d'Hermès came up. Right away it started working in my head.
With the last order I unasked for a scent sample, which I had completely ignored until then.
It was a tiny drop of this timeless liquid.

Ever since this work of art touched the back of my hand for the first time, my search was over. I was immediately surrounded by a cloud of security, confidence and strength.
This encounter was a few weeks ago now and this veil has always accompanied me at every moment. It is always there. Even when I do not think of him, he suddenly caresses my nose gently with one or two movements to remind me of his presence.
Even after 9 hours of physical work in the craft, he does not leave my side.

He's my shield.
Whenever I have negative thoughts, stress and anger, a soft, earthy warm breath of his brings me to rest. Catch me. Makes me breathe and look up again.

He is my sword Whenever I lack strength, he gives me his confidence. He lavishes me with this unobtrusive freshness. Gives me a feeling of lightness.
Makes me get up and move on.

Now I'm ready for anything and everything.
Departure, with my faithful companion. Side by side. Different together.
The technician
Once you have taken the trouble to unfrench the name of this brilliant fragrance, it will indicate a clear direction.

But is he really so natural, so down-to-earth and earthy? Or is there something else, not less fascinating, hidden in it? Well, the prelude is quite a good start - yes, this is not going to be a powerhouse...? Yes, that there is something like that, that I can still experience something like that - without a million deadly roses!
According to the Hermes, it has a citrusy, resinous freshness that I like immediately. He is also a bit rough, yes Suavage - and not only on paper! - and I think that's how it should be and this restlessness doesn't bother me. On the contrary - here it is a joy to see or smell how the fragrances are fighting a real street battle for supremacy and nobody, but really nobody, can take the sceptre in his hand permanently: Even if the Harz seems to easily gain the upper hand, there are still the citrus fruits that want to buy the edge from the Harz. The flint stone of course doesn't like that at all and adds its gangrenous-tart note, which at the same time wants to be overpowered by the no less tart rose geranium leaf.

And it is precisely this interplay of this variety of nature-known scents, which are very opposite in their origin, that makes the fragrance something different - something TOTALLY OTHER: yes, there are nature-known scents, but they all go in a direction that is not natural, but has technical origins. There's not just a flare-up of the medical adhesive plaster note that characterized the original version (!) of YSL's M7.
There is even more technical stuff: the term sheathed cable NYM will certainly not be a foreign word to the electrician. In addition to their own insulation, the individual conductors are sheathed with a soft, crumbly plastic, which in turn is enclosed by the outer insulation. And it is precisely this soft, crumbly plastic that smells very similar to TdH.
Another plastic, it would have to be polycarbonate - but I'm not 100% sure - develops quite a strong, slightly burnt smell when you bend it back and forth several times beyond its elastic deformability - TdH has that in it, too, but much less concisely than the soft crumbling plastic in the NYM line, whose composition is unknown to me. So rather power cable-heavy, the good one.
For those who find these technical smells rather unpleasant, I may nevertheless calm them down, because TdH puts its citric freshness over it.
I go even further: the wet asphalt, which was added to the vetiver flanker of TdH by a commentator - but which is not to be found there or only with the greatest nose-optimism, is much easier to spot in Original - benzoin, flint and rose geranium leaf are the magic words here!

When he dims down, vetiver and patchouli push themselves forward. Actually, not really, because they're in the party pretty early on, uh. Now the technical, even a little coolness steps back a little and now the lad does justice to his earthy hint. The cedar fiddles very discreetly in the background and I can't really nose out the two peppercorns either. What is not wrong with the hot grains but not at all - too many fragrances become musty by pepper, one-dimensional and thus annoying and boring, while the pink variant is still the best of all the peppers. Here, however, as already mentioned, you hardly hear anything, but only as an adhesive, a filler and vehicle for the other components that make up this fragrance.

If you like it resinous and like the sauvage... Or even better: if you like it even more resinous and like the Sauvage-like extremes of La Rive even more, but want it dirtier in the sense of earthier, cooler and simply more technical, you should definitely keep your nose in here - it could be worth it.

TdH manages several splits. It offers an abundance of opposing scent components of natural origin, which at first glance do not necessarily want to harmonise with each other, but do so nevertheless. At the same time, this composition spans the bow to odours from the technical field without losing its "grounding". And then TdH also has something classic about it. Ellena didn't draw a bow with this fragrance, it created a circle with the potential to become a classic - if it isn't already.
I'm not fooling myself - TdH is a horny technician who has what it takes to sign. It was Drakkar Noir in the late 1980s that led me into the world of fragrances, and my love of the smell of leather, which I had had since my earliest childhood, continued to inspire me and thus shaped me accordingly. In the nineties it would have been Halston's Catalyst and in the 2000s M7 in its original version. In the 2010s it would have been O Boticarios Quasar Fire. Whereby: it would have fought for supremacy with the Quasar Onix from the same company, similar to the individual fragrance components of TdH. And today? I hardly dare to say it, but it would be TdH! Any questions?
Facts and fiction
Well, today I'll tell you something else, even if it's not.. probably no one at this table will believe me Never mind. Outside it's cold and foggy and where do you want to go? there. Just listen to me for a while Everyone of you knows the fat Kärnmeyer. Money like hay,
thick villa, 4 garages, own miniature golf course. You know what I mean all by yourself.
But how could it actually come to this?
How could he do that, as the son of bitterly poor people?

It all started in the drugstore arbitrariness. There he was employed, as a small apprentice. Shy, clumsy,
anxious. His great passion, his only escape-
gone was the reading, he was devouring books.
Preferably crime novels, often economic crime.
Even though some of them were quite disturbing.
He sometimes feared, the whole human civilization
could go down and with it the possibility of refill-
to get rolls for his silver tape dispenser.
I can tell you one thing, though - most of what he read,
he didn't understand half of it anyway. But what hardly bothered him, im
The opposite. It only made the appeal of reading for him
more irresistible.
So one day he shuffles through the most
empty business premises, while his boss, the old
Arbitrariness, sitting at the cash register, reading the picture and his
Apprentice no further attention. It's in the perfume-
department where there is the most to see. All the splendor-
full and mysterious flacons! Today he is out
in an adventurous mood for some reason.
He grabs a square bottle with "Terre d'Hermès
Eau de Toilette" is written. Terre - earth. He still knows that from
a quiz book.
And already he gives himself a few targeted spray shots
on chest and neck.
And then, practically immediately, it seizes him - almost like a
Shock. His first perfume experience. He smells and sniffs
and listens to himself. Finds no words, no
Terms for what's been fogging him up.
Only mute amazement.
No pale idea that the scent might be the
is Ellena's greatest masterpiece. That over the years
has perfected, always going into detail anew
is to make it a little bit more perfect. And
again slightly. But now. No, you could
until finally there was a perfume that you could use when you're on the road you want to be considered almost too perfect.
But not necessarily.
The typical Ellena's or also Hermès' dry,
almost austere, a little leathery, elegant, almost
arrogant citric. Directly from their middle comes a
still almost overripe fruitiness, which in fast motion
matures to patinated woodiness, without the freshness of the beginning
to lose. Is that even wood? Or patchouli?
Or is Vetiver paving the way?
It doesn't matter: it's not that simple anyway.
A lot of Iso E-Super is involved.
And certainly not just any one. It's one that.. Ellena was worthy of Terre. And it is Makes everything unpredictable, sometimes there, sometimes here.
Different day, different mood, different weather -
...that's all right with me. And yet there remains the
Terre character. Unwavering, severe and soft,
bitter and sweet. Fresh, young and very ripe.
His own standard. And not a clone of a
Clone from a clone.
Is it any wonder that many love him?
That he can't remain "exclusive"?
Quite simply because he has a ship swing brake just as
can inspire, like one for whom between the kind,
how Lang Lang plays the Goldberg Variations and the sage
like Glenn Gould did, universes lie And isn't that wonderful?
Of course, our Kärnmeyer didn't think about all this
Just a second. He didn't really think, he just felt And felt different about himself. A little more courageous,
a little more curious. A slightly different Kernmeyer There was a word he hadn't understood in
the book he was reading. Well, it was more than one But this one seemed more important to him than the others.
Why not just ask the boss?
He'd never done that before. Not once He'd be surprised.
So off to the cash desk - with Terre on the side.
"Mr. Arbitrary, what does "double
Accounting"?
Silence. Stepped in, frightened silence.
If you could smell fear... but Terre was anyway stronger.
I'll make it short. Basically, you know yourself how it is continued. Shortly afterwards, Kärnmeyer was the managing director.
Arbitrariness found shelter in Lichtenstein and soon after
kärnmeyer bought his second drugstore. And
his third. And so on and so forth
I can tell by looking at you - you want to know if the
History is true. But is that so important? Certainly not true is that perfume people really
can influence, even manipulate.
But the truth is that perfume makes us feel better about our
give ourselves and release the lines from our dreams
can. So that they become free.
Our imagination gets a tail wind, possibilities
become visible. We're getting roots. And wings Maybe this way we can reach the state that is most suitable for humans is appropriate: the head high in heaven and the feet
firmly on the - Earth.

Love the Scent!
The opening or top notes is quietly sharp, then i love the dry down so much! Longevity is really good on my skin, even when my skin contact with water. It is so good when i wear a formal suit, so gentle!
My darling above all
I personally like the world of Hermes very much. Whether Paris, equestrian sports or elegant clothing and stylish accessories. There is no other label for me that radiates elegance and lawfulness as well as Hermes.
At the time when I got to know this fragrance I was just in my twenties, I always seemed a bit more mature and sedate and when I first tasted this fragrance it happened to me. Of course I was aware that this fragrance was probably a bit too mature for my young age and so I was a bit shy when I went to the checkout. I was so touched by the scent, I just had to have it. I could still refuse to buy it for my father as a gift On the way back in the train I constantly sniffed my wrist, the scent had already arrived in the heart note and seemed even more attractive to me.
Arrived at home I had to apply this scent again. Here and there and there too, oh simply wonderful. Enchanted by the scent I lay on my bed and turned in the scent cloud
Even today, after about 5 or 6 bottles, I still love this fragrance enormously. It is now so that I mature into this fragrance. As I said to myself then: "Yes, I think it will stay forever." And indeed, in the meantime, as a small hobby I have already worn many fragrances, but there is no other fragrance that I long for more than this one, when it is empty.

Scented: Well, there are certainly many who don't like this kind of composition. Too harsh, too spicy, too strong, too musty. But be honest, in its own way this fragrance is absolutely unique. It all fits together perfectly. For me the benzoin together with the pepper is very special, just something different. And together with the orange in the opening as a complement, it's simply a successful prelude to what's coming. Together with the earthy base note, the rose geraniums always remind me of the geraniums in my grandma's garden. They don't belong together, but there is a link in my book. As a lover of vetiver who also likes woods from the south, I don't have to tell you how great I find the composition of the base. Patchouli, on the other hand, I really only recognize in passing, but that's not so tragic. The fragrance is great as a day scent in autumn, but it also works as an evening scent when worn discreetly. For those who like it a bit fresher or lighter, Hermes has added variations to the palette.

DURABILITY: Do you know the scents that go away faster than a light breeze? Or those that after an hour have already gone through the whole scent pyramid? Not this one. The opening ends after a good 30 minutes, which is good. The transitions are very filigree. Only later do you notice that one essence became less and now reveals another more. After an hour or so, you're in the heart of the piece and it stays there for a really long time, possibly also because the transition, if at all, takes place very slowly and carefully. The scent was partly still perceived on me after a whole day in the office. Of course only close to the body, but that's enough for the evening together on the couch.

SILLAGE: Let's put it this way, if a colleague comes out of his office and asks what smells so good here and also other notices that you smell something in the hallway, then the Sillage is definitely above average. The good thing is that most people liked the scent. But out of respect for others I prefer to wear the scent defensively. I don't want to bother anyone with it. Surprisingly, the Sillage is also long above average. So even in the late afternoon my office still smells of me, even though I went home at noon already.

Very well done. It looks massive and radiates a certain statement with its simple appearance. The screw cap is a welcome gimmick if you travel with it, but what I like even more is the detail finish on the spray head. Hermes. If you turn the bottle afterwards and look at it from below, you will see the Hermes logo in its full orange splendour. The flacon, with an H as the bottom. The Special Editions with these angles on the bottom don't please me at all. Also the bottle in the 200ml size is a bit difficult to handle
Thanks for reading it
ParfumDude
For me, one of the great
Who doesn't know them, the names that come to mind when talking about perfume classics - whether mainstream super-hit or very individual nostalgia, everyone probably has a few common suspects that fit into this category.

For me, "Terre D'Hermes" definitely belongs to this genre, a fragrance where my first memories go back to the always cool and stylish advertisements in my eyes and which I couldn't get out of my head since I first sprayed it on for a test.

His first accents are set by the earth of the messenger of the gods with fresh orange and grapefruit paired with vetiver and spicy pepper - and here I already notice one of my favorite aspects of the perfume: It smells to me simply wonderfully natural, elegant and grown-up, sublime above any loud "look at me, I'm here" proverb that disturbs me in many current perfume releases.

In the drydown, the citrus and pepper recede a little and make way for a woody, earthy, green scent, which is neither herbaceous nor woody-musty, but warm and pleasant in the air.

On the skin, my colleague stays moderate to long and he also radiates quite well to the outside world. In addition, it should be mentioned here that I really do receive an above-average number of positive comments for Terre D'Hermes.

To sum up: Great, natural citrus fruits come together with woody vetiver, pepper and earthy-mineral notes, always mature, restrained and elegant. One of my favourites for everyday life!
Heat & Resistance
Terre d'Hermes takes me into his warm arms and introduces me to the world of fragrances with a strong but friendly handshake. Since my early youth I have been using perfume. I have never thought about scents, sillage or differences between EdT and EdP. After I have recently worn quite satisfied relevant fragrances like Boss Bottled or Sun Men by Jil Sander, something new should come along
Without any real clue, I let myself be inspired by the artist Prince Pi. He announced his last album with the following words: "From the first note all the current shit, stress and negativity is forgotten and you are at home. It's like when a good, very stylishly dressed friend hugs you, smelling of Terre d' Hermes. That's me." - so I held my nose to the bottle during lunch at the department store next door, spraying wrists and test strips and let the scent work its magic on me.

The first impression is citric, depending on the amount of spray, almost bitingly citric. The component is reminiscent of a bitter soft drink and can be slightly unpleasant depending on the nose. The biting fades away very quickly so that a sweetish warm note remains. It's like spilling a glass of warm, freshly squeezed orange juice in the sauna and finding its way over the wooden panels. The main characteristic of the fragrance I find to be reservedly sweetish, warm and soft rounded off by dry wood. Like a sip of lightly sweetened grapefruit tea during a short rest on a tree stump in a light forest in early September (I didn't allow the sentence to say more words). One of those September days when you have the feeling that summer will last forever. One of those days when the warm light is refracted and the surroundings are bathed in copper gold...

Enough with the flowery euphemisms. To go back to my headline and Prince Pi's album announcement: yes, Terre d'Hermes smells like a warm, firm embrace from a faithful companion. A confident, encouraging smile. A word of advice.

Terre d'Hermes is a pleasant companion in everyday life, my 5 - 7 splashes I still perceive clearly up to 6 hours. The Sillage is not extraordinary, which is not necessarily the case for an unobtrusive everyday companion that radiates maturity and seriousness.

Thank you Terre d'Hermes for sparking my curiosity for the world of fragrances and helping me find my way into this community.

Timeless masterpiece!
From the very opening of the box I felt that this one will be one of the best fragrances I've ever tried. It was a blind buy, counting on reviews and ratings on parfumo and other sites, and I was totally satisfied. Perfect scent, very good longevity and sillage, ideal for office and business. The only drawback I noticed is that you should always apply the right amount and do not spray too much, as it somehow changes its effect and can't rebound. And ff course its a Spring/Fall fragrance, in other seasons the performance is weak and the scent is somehow different.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 71 days ago
Td'H is manly and classy. It starts with orange blended with an earthy and woody vetiver. It's fresh but mature. Performance is good.
ItchynoseItchynose 74 days ago
A masculine woody blend with abundant orange and vetiver. I can see the appeal but it's too earthy, dry and bitter for me.
AkinnenAkinnen 145 days ago
I am probably one of the rare people who is just OK with TDH meanwhile all others have orgasmic religious opinions about it
OmardoOmardo 149 days ago
This is how paradise probably smell. you walk barefoot in a desert. behind your footsteps, flowers grow. and you leave behind a smell too.
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 7 months ago
Bright, clean, refreshing citrus. I don't smell anything other and, alas, too clean for my expectation. Great as room freshener, though.
ScentDaneScentDane 7 months ago
Spicy, earthy, citrus tree with vetiver. A masterpiece by Jean-Claude Ellena. TdH is so versatile, but does require some maturity to wear.
HubertGHubertG 8 months ago
Masterpiece, recognize it in the street 20m away, classic and classy male scent, my father's scent (after using Habit Rouge for years)
AithanAithan 9 months ago
Smell of burning dried orange peel. And, bit metallic.
Performance is good.
MillanderMillander 9 months ago
This one and Red Vetyver and Encre Noire is the best masculine vetiver I can stand but only in winter.
CatarinaCatarina 9 months ago
This is a men perfume I like to wear. The opening orange-grapefruit combo is fantastic and the gun powder vibe is even better.

...... ein paar Vitamine für den Mann .... ;))
by IrisNobile
by Irini
by Irini
Felsenwüste, heiß, entzündlich
by Pistazieneis
Männer ran... heute wird gegrillt
by Blödel
by Tibor
by Tibor
200ml & 12,5ml mini
by Snaut
schöner flakon, den duft finde ich nicht mehr so toll
by Guapo
by Firooz
by Oziriz
by Oziriz

Popular Hermès

Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Elixir des Merveilles by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Hiris by Hermès Amazone (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Concentré de Pamplemousse Rose by Hermès