Terre d'Hermès (2009) Parfum

Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès
Bottle Design: Philippe Mouquet
Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Hermès for men and was released in 2009. The scent is woody-earthy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Flintstone, Geranium, Grapefruit, Orange, Patchouli, Pepper, Rose, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.11.2018

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
High Class in the bottle
25 upwards, no jogging suit, a solid education, coherent expression, otherwise the wearer of this citrus and vetiver masterpiece looks like a wannabe. It is fresh and at the same time harsh, radiates professionalism and dominance, it feels like wearing Aventus, even if they smell different. It lacks the warmth of The One, but it has more edge and can look quite sexy on the right woman, high class business people might wear it on a date, but it's not cuddly like La Nuit. Serious, educated, dominant, sexy but not unappealing, that's how TdH smells. Keeps loose 7 hours, good Sillage
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 7.5/10
Not what I expected
I read a number of reviews on Terre d'Hermes EdP before I found a sample bottle. A number of people seemed to like the EdT better and another group liked the EdP, a pretty fair split. I just had to see for myself. And I prefer the EdT.
The head of the EdP really had that strong orange-citrus scent, a lot more than I prefer. Maybe that's just the nature of the parfums, but it was all a bit strong. And it came across different than what I'm accustomed too.
I guess there was some semblance to the EdT in there, but that orange...that citrus...
In the drydown I started to see/smell the similarities. Not exactly the same but close, like the physical appearance of two brothers. I might say the EdT seemed to last a bit longer and had a bit more sillage over time.
Not a bad fragrance mind you, but I prefer the EdT (which is my go-to for anytime, anyplace). In fact I'd suspect it to be the same as EdT, just stronger. The strength of a scent can change its characteristics and appearance dramatically, after all, and I think the concentrated version here really brought out that citrus. With a vengeance.
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Terre d'hermes Parfum
Here is my take on what perhaps has been my most-worn scent over the last year or so. In my opinion there are discernible differences between this and the edt which don't necessarily make it redundant to own both...

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Desert Orange
This is actually a nice fragrance that is not as sharp & pungent as the EDT. Smoother & dense. Which I prefer, yet it does not really do anything for me. It is dust, with oranges & grapefruit. When I smell/wear Terre D' Hermes, I am suddenly reminded of the desert. Dry and lagging. It last longer than the EDT, yet it does not project as much. I give it a 3 out of 5. But I am over this type of theme.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
This is going to sound crazy!!
So Someone bought me the EDT version of this for my birthday and I absolutely loved it.....I would go to the grocery store and the cashiers would have conversations about how good I smelt.....it was compliments galore....it became my special occasions cologne, so within a few months it was gone. I did some research and decided it was time to take things to the next level and get the EDP.....which is supposed to be stronger....alas, that is not the case at least not on my skin; it definitely smells richer but I dont get the same silage and projection from the EDP....maybe it projects for 2hours and then its all gone in 5-6, I could have sworn the EDT performed better on me.....still an awesome cologne, might be the best orange based cologne out there.....
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Terre d'Hermes Parfum
Right off the bat let me state that Terre d'Hermes Parfum is one of the most unique fragrances I've ever sniffed.
In Terre Parfum, the vegetal and mineral facets of the fragrance are prominent and make a noticeable statement. I find its citrus accord less pronounced than in the Eau de Toilette. To my nose, the grapefruit note is virtually non-existent. However, what my inexperienced nose does identify successfully is the orange peel accord, which smells incredibly natural. In fact, the other day, after peeling a few oranges, the smell lingering on my fingers was comparable to the one contained in Terre Parfum. The fragrance then moves on to its woody-spicy heart, dominated mostly by cedar and benzoin. It finishes off with an earthy note which is also accentuated in the Parfum version.

What astounds me about Terre d'Hermes Parfum is that despite its concentration, it's by no means overwhelming, attention-stealing or headache-inducing. On the contrary, its sillage is rather moderate, yet its lifespan pretty impressive. Just when you think it's vanished, sniff your wrist and you'll find its earthy base is still alive and kicking. I'd recommend wearing Terre Parfum in the colder months of the year, but I suspect it can work well in the spring, too. I shall definitely put it to the test. As far as the potential fan base for Terre Parfum is concerned, I believe what's true of the Eau de Toilette is doubly so of the Parfum version. There's every likelihood it will mostly appeal to the 30+ crowd since it totally lacks the lightweight ozonic aquatic character so widespread in so many (or rather TOO many!) modern-day fragrances for (young) men these days.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
A Masterpiece!
What a masterpiece! As good as the EDT version, a bit stronger, bolder, better suited for fall or spring mornings but wearable all year round if desired. Perfect combination of citruses and wood for men over 35. I will recommend using EDT version for the office as the EDP is better for evenings and maybe nights out with male friends.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10
Smooth, oily citrus...
The Parfum version of Terre d'Hermès is an interesting one. Mainly because I can't think of other male-marketed perfumes being sold in "Pure Perfume", "Parfum" or "Extrait" concentration...

That being said, this version does have it's own merits. It wears closer to the skin, it's richer, it doesn't have the sillage of the other one (it won't fill a room with smell), but you will notice it for a long time. Two or three sprays of this will last for over six hours, and it holds itself very well.

You get a much smoother, denser and richer smell with this one, and a lot woodier. The woods here are quite prominent. Whereas the original was orange and grapefruit, this is orange and cedarwood, along with patchouli and vetiver. There may also be geranium here which adds to the "flinty" impression. Basically the Iso-E-Super (which Jean-Claude Ellena seems to love using) is more prominent in that it gives the Parfum a much deeper base to the whole composition. Another thing is that (as expected with a Parfum) this is linear. So you don't get the transitions experienced by the Eau de Toilette. This could either be a good or bad thing for you, but it is what to be expected from a higher concentration.

Overall, I think there is a place for the Parfum. If you are someone who likes spending more to feel more "smooth" or "polished", or want it to last longer, or like "heavier" scents, this could be an option. Of course having a Parfum is also a luxury, so you have to expect to pay more. I would describe this as mainly smooth and linear, and could be worn by a woman, if the same woman could also wear something like Encre Noir by Lalique. I could safely say that Terre d'Hermès Parfum is (very) similar to Encre Noir, just with a composition focused around citrus. The strong vetiver, cedar and Iso-E-Super are all there, and it has a "serious" tone... at least to me anyway. Again, a little different than the Eau de Toilette in tone (not in character), but it depends if you prefer to spend more money for that difference.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Classic orange
This was a good surprise. It has at the same time an old school and a modern vibe. Great lasting power, sillage and projection.

It has a sweet and citric smell that's real close to natural. The woody cedar base is also great.

Stronger and darker than the EDT version.

Definetely thumbs up!

Updated January 2014
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
A More Deep Form Of The Already Excellent EdT...
One of Jean-Claude Ellena's masterpieces. While no scent is perfect, I suppose, Terre d'Hermes pure parfum is very close to it. It has the near-perfect blend of citrus, earthy vetiver and woody cedar that is just incredible smelling. Masculine, bold, confident and distinctive are all descriptors that come to mind when I think of what wearing the pure parfum version of Terre d'Hermes feels like.

Terre d’Hermes pure parfum works for any occasion, any season, any weather. Longevity is superb, but unlike the edt that has superb sillage and projection, the pure parfum is more of a skin scent; just don't mistake "skin scent" with "weak"... Terre d'Hermes pure parfum is very strong and a couple sprays should be more than sufficient for just about anyone. The bottom line is Terre d'Hermes pure parfum is just an amazing accomplishment in perfumery and should reside in every man's collection. 4.5 stars out of 5.
jtd
Metallic Stone.
I first tried Terre d’Hermès in the EDT concentration and it didn’t appeal to me. It seemed flat and its oiliness seemed somehow petrochemical. Well today I tried the parfum and I see it very differently. It is smooth and balanced where the EDT was actually a bit nauseating. (I did also try the EDT again today and my assessment of it hasn’t changed.) TdH has the only grapefruit note in perfumery I’ve ever liked. In tying it to bergamot and a vegetal quality, the sulfur is gone and the rich piquancy remains. What also remains is an aromatically sweet, metallic stone-like scent.

TdH is linear, but has a single, wide accord that seems to surround you. It is radiant like many other contemporary linear masculines (a heavy hand with the Iso-E Super), but it seems to encompass you rather than emanate from you. The parfum is direct, yet soft-spoken, well-balanced. There is nothing superfluous, yet there's no feeling of starkness.

TdH is not my style of perfumery, and I have no plan to buy it, but I would highly recommend it, and recognize the artistry, thoughtful consideration and likely enormous amount of editing and honing that went into its making.

ZEPRIKAN 15 months ago

• by Cezar by Cezar
  • by DonLuis2016 by DonLuis2016
  • Terre d Hermes (Parfum) von Hermes by Chnokfir

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Toit by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Eau des Merveilles by Hermès Un Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès Le Jardin de Monsieur Li by Hermès Jour d'Hermès (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Un Jardin après la Mousson by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès