Terre d'Hermès 2009Parfum

Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès
Bottle Design Philippe Mouquet
Top 18 in Men's Perfume
Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Hermès for men and was released in 2009. The scent is woody-earthy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Grapefruit, Cedarwood, Shiso, Benzoin

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 22.11.2020.

Duftsicher
One of the first fragrances I had to buy...
Vetiver has always been an incredibly beautiful color and ingredient for a good fragrance and here simply fits a lot.
For me very masculine for strong characters with a slight sweetness.
Flacon: simple but noble
Shelf life and Sillage: good shelf life with initially good Sillage, which then flattens out

Nickolas33
Classic, but bit overrated..
Maybe this is because of my high expectations on this one or may be I bought it from the wrong seller, but I did not like this version as much as Terre Hermes EDT. I think EDT has better scent and more importantly (and surprisingly), better longevity and sillage. Of course Terre Hermes parfum is very good fragrance but I think EDT is a better buy since it is more charismatic (at least to me) and plus, its cheaper and available in 100ml, whereas EDP is offered in 75ml and with the higher price.
Morricone
06.07.2020
A great man of film history has died - Ennio Morricone.

A man who has musically translated the understanding of content & dramaturgy of a script like no other.
A man who was always where he should be A man who never sold below his worth.
A man who never sought the limelight.
A man who made himself mortal
I have always respected and loved this man for what he has done - for what he is For me, someone who gave me reasons in my youth to watch films that I would at best have considered mediocre without his musical accompaniment. Gave me reasons to watch films several times. Gave me reasons to kindle a love for film as only few before and after it could.

From classic westerns, to great horror and thriller classics, to films of the modern age. Seldom has anyone covered such a wide range. For every occasion, for every topic
Always well dressed, always groomed, always professional.

If a fragrance could represent the nature and essence of a person, Terre d'Hermès Parfum would be my choice for Mr. Morricone.

Rest in peace.
World class!
Terre d' Hermes was the first fragrance I bought and I LOVE it. The durability and charisma on me and my surroundings are incredible. Many people know it and therefore the recognition factor is extremely high, so that I have been asked about this perfume at birthday parties or other occasions. But apparently it is especially popular with older contemporaries, because I have often been able to smell this wonderful olfactory trick in my surroundings, be it at the opera, the theatre, vernissage etc. It seems to be very popular with younger audiences in France, as when visiting French acquaintances, many young men in this circle often and extensively applied the fragrance. Here in Germany I have very rarely noticed it among younger people. But this should not be a statistical survey ;)
For me it is a wonderful companion for evening hours in cultivated company. I see it less during the day on hot summer days, but in the evening it is wearable for me. The bottle has a great spray head and the cap is, in my opinion, something special and ingenious.
Especially dominant are the notes pepper and grapefruit, although I am no expert in this area;)
Even the price is justified for such an interesting and striking fragrance and I have already experienced perfumes which I liked much worse for the same price.
All in all, the perfume is an absolute classic of the art of perfumery and it will accompany me for a long time to come.

Amazing Creation
I love Terre d'Hermes parfum. It is a beautifully mellow but strong citrus, pepper, woody creation. Deep and authentic it is for a confident mature man with good taste. It induces an almost dream like state with me it is so beautiful. I fell in love with the EDT years ago the first time I met it. Both work well for me, mon amour
Jannes2105
My entry into the world of fragrances
Terre d'Hermes...this is the perfume that made me want to get closer to the whole perfume industry.
My big brother (not a big perfume lover) had applied this fragrance one day and that's when I smelled it for the first time. Before I only knew the (sorry now) cheap perfumes like Bruno Banani etc... Terre d'Hermes was in a different league of course. I liked this wooden and especially masculine note so much that I had to ask him which perfume he was wearing. Afterwards directly to the big blue D. There I was of course shocked how "expensive" this perfume was in contrast to the ones I knew. For me at the moment still as a student it was not easy to raise so much money, so I went back home. But after my birthday it had to be exactly this perfume.

Now I already have my second bottle and I am still fond of this fragrance (maybe also by this memory). My mother doesn't like it at all, but a girlfriend of mine was so excited that she asked me if I could wear this perfume again at the next meeting :)

Quarantine Routine
It is once again such a day during the Corona Pandemic, great weather and lots of time for gardening.
The old bed needs to be renewed. It's a dry affair in this weather. A lot of dust and powdery earth.
For refreshment a glass of Schweppes "Bitter Orange" on the bench.
When drinking, always dry orange peel and even drier dusty earth in the air.
Also the conifer of the neighbour rises easily into my nose.
Everything smells intense, the body bubbles.
Digging the bed was probably more strenuous than expected.
But with every sip of "Bitter Orange" the effort fades into the background.
The drink remains tart and tastes of dry orange, but it is mixed with a light sweetness, something round and flattering, until dry earth rises again and reminds me that I have to go back to the bed.

A nice, common EDT, "Pure Parfum" wannabe
The 200 ml bottle of "pure parfum" is in fact a light Eau de parfum and even that, not as strong as some EDP from other brands. Bit dferent from the original EDT, nice, but not spectacular. I consider this marketing unhonest, it is NOT a pure parfum and we all know what PURE PARFUM definition (and product) implies. More than this, TDH is everywhere... so it s becoming boring in a way... it is somewhere on my shelf and I am not so excited when I wear it, time to time. Moderate sillage, moderate projection (disapointing for a parfum!) and 4 - 5 hours lingevity for the old, first edition.

Up to Heaven and down to Earth
Terre (Earth in French) as a fragrance is defined by ripe orange together with a deep earthy woody scent and a touch of a sparkle from a lighter. Open your mind and olfact for the full effect of this Jean-Claude Ellena blending. It is what a well resolved person should smell like: fresh, clean, slightly bitter, earthy, slightly spicy, sophisticated, classy, serious, grown up and mature.
This is the scent of a self sufficient and confident man, aged 30 years and up, and who doesn't need to show off in any way. He is confident of how much he is worth and has his own go-to style; That's all he needs and just sticks to it. He may use this fragrance in a board meeting room, at a night out with friends, on a romantic date, or in the bed room, but always elegant, notable, and high class. At the same time, he is down to earth. This fragrance just makes him stand out in a league of his own. and takes him into a cloud of distintion, whether he wears a suit, or jeans and a shirt, under any weather, season, location or occasion.
It's THE classical versatile fragrance, but in an extraordinary good way! in summary it's a very elegant "gentleman" perfume with an overall feeling of even balance, smartness and sophistication.

The fragrance general scent is natural, too natural maybe when you may expect some synthetic odors. It may be made with synthetic ingredients to, but it really stands out as something pure and clean; actually clean and dirty at the same time.
It opens with citrus notes, a mature orange at its best and grapefruit. The mature citrus & orange notes are just fantastic and make way to its ADN of an orange-vetiver later evolution.
The heart stands for a somewhat subtle change with the introduction of a sharp sparkling grey flintstone. Nevertheless the transition is light and smooth as a breeze.
The bottom notes suggest me the growing woody and slightly dark accord, mainly due to the vetiver and patchouli notes. The subsequent dry down is pure pleasure, with the long lasting citrus fainting slowly and giving way for the earthy woody dominance.
Terre is quite adequate for all seasons. It has enough freshness for warmer days and handles the colder weather with a dry down balanced by some sweetness, woodiness and earthiness.
Think of an almost dirty, bitter grapefruit with overly sweet orange peel mixed with woods, fougéres and spices. It's not openly sweet, which is rare for a citrus scent. My amazement with this fragrance, besides its great scent, is to be a citrus perfume also proper for Autumn and Winter. Most citrus scents are relegated to be used solely in warm weather. Terre is actually nicer with cooler temperatures.
Its good performance will help you fight a colder early Spring, a windy Fall or a sunny Winter day. It delivers the best performance during Fall and Spring, sun setting and sun down occasions, late evenings and maybe with a chilly touch of wind.
Surrounding people will notice you for sure! The woody and the natural dark and dirty citrus notes give you a brilliant background that makes exale distinction and feal happy, comfortable and elegant all day and through the night.

Here is my sparkling math scoring for Terre EDP:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scent Opening: 9.5 (close to perfection)
Scent Dry Down: 9.5 (close to perfection)
Longevity: 8.0 (3 good sprays may last up to 8 hours)
Sillage: 8.0 (6 feet at its peak with just 3 sprays and 2 hours strong projection)
Uniqueness: 8.5 (Terre EDP is not to blame about the "look alikes" Red Vetyver, Derby Club House Belmont, Fattam, Citrus & Wood, Cuir Vetiver; But you have the EDT, Eau Fraiche and Vetiver flankers to deal with)
Wearability: 9.5 (avoid Hell, Artic and Antartic)
Versatility: 9.5 ("all around" versatile fragrance with many women claiming it to be unisex... my wife for instance!)
Compliments: 9.0 (This fragrance is close a compliment magnet)
Quality: 10.0 (Top quality ingredients, nice flask, nice sprayer with ingenious locking mechanism)
Presentation: 8.0 (no faults, simple but elegant)
Price: 7.0 (75 ml non tester with the €75 pricetag at major net dealers)
Overall rating: 8.77/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Advice: This scent is not aimed for youngsters. Many middle aged men (and some women) may find their signature scent with Terre.
Recomemended?
Yes but do try it before you buy it, as it is a bit of an unique scent. It's also to expensive for a blind buy even if you think that you are going to love it.

Music: Rick Wakeman - "Journey to the Centre of the Earth"

Oldish project
I add terre d’ Hermes , parfum, to my collection. I was really impressed last years with the Eau de Toilette, actually i have 2 original bottles 100ml and 200ml.
So my nose has a complete archive of all the top until bottom scent’s levels of EDT, of any occasion, any season...
I read so many and different reviews, but to my nose these two fragrances are different and only in the middle tones come close..
When i try parfum at the beginning i had this weird orange citrus smell, i was prepared for that...(doesn’t bother me cause i have good impression from other fragrances that start like this) then i was waiting to feel the fresh, woody touch like EDT .
I was expecting parfum to be similar and stronger than EDT and only after one hour i had a small feeling that these two perfumes are getting closer, but parfum was lighter to my nose with more linear and sweet taste. At the bottom i didn't felt the superb balance, the freshness, the modern vibe of pine forest with mastic tones of EDT.. instead i had a lighter scent and more muscucline (oldish) bottom that didn’t impress me at all. The main reason that I wouldn’t buy the parfum if i had the chance to test it is that after one hour, in the dry-down level its very weak and empty, its like lost its power and his character...something that EDT doesn’t loose at all.
EDT last all day and the project is awesome
EDP is weaker but darker , lil sweet and “heavy” in bottom end,
For me EDT is clear winner 9,5/10
And for EDP is 7/10

BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
Td'H Parfum is slightly different from EDT. The orange is dryer and bitter. We have more citrus but the vetiver is woodier. More mature.
VangleyVangley 4 months ago
Incredible scent. Very sophisticated! A must have
Jazzy76Jazzy76 1 year ago
Aromatic with fruity touches and an earty character (as the name TerreTerre suggest), it's a very classy edp for today's gentlemen.Good!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
Terre! The best ripe orange in perfumery. The combo with earthy vetiver is just magnificent. I must use it every week or so. Just love it!
AttlasAttlas 2 years ago
This one deserves it's price unlike many other popular ones. Quality, versatility, longevity, sillage: EXCELENT. A complete perfume. 5 stars
ZEPRIKANZEPRIKAN 3 years ago
wonderschoen duft,

by Blödel
by Blödel
Turn your face to the sun and all the shadows fall behind you
by 115jp
by DonLuis2016
Terre d Hermes (Parfum) von Hermes
by Chnokfir

Popular Hermès

Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Amazone (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Elixir des Merveilles by Hermès Hiris by Hermès Concentré de Pamplemousse Rose by Hermès