Terre d'Hermès (2009)Parfum

Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès
Bottle Design Philippe Mouquet
Top 13 in Men's Perfume
Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Hermès for men and was released in 2009. The scent is woody-earthy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Flintstone, Geranium, Grapefruit, Orange, Patchouli, Pepper, Rose, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 01.06.2020.

Quarantine Routine
It is once again such a day during the Corona Pandemic, great weather and lots of time for gardening.
The old bed needs to be renewed. It's a dry affair in this weather. A lot of dust and powdery earth.
For refreshment a glass of Schweppes "Bitter Orange" on the bench.
When drinking, always dry orange peel and even drier dusty earth in the air.
Also the conifer of the neighbour rises easily into my nose.
Everything smells intense, the body bubbles.
Digging the bed was probably more strenuous than expected.
But with every sip of "Bitter Orange" the effort fades into the background.
The drink remains tart and tastes of dry orange, but it is mixed with a light sweetness, something round and flattering, until dry earth rises again and reminds me that I have to go back to the bed.

A nice, common EDT, "Pure Parfum" wannabe
The 200 ml bottle of "pure parfum" is in fact a light Eau de parfum and even that, not as strong as some EDP from other brands. Bit dferent from the original EDT, nice, but not spectacular. I consider this marketing unhonest, it is NOT a pure parfum and we all know what PURE PARFUM definition (and product) implies. More than this, TDH is everywhere... so it s becoming boring in a way... it is somewhere on my shelf and I am not so excited when I wear it, time to time. Moderate sillage, moderate projection (disapointing for a parfum!) and 4 - 5 hours lingevity for the old, first edition.

Up to Heaven and down to Earth
Terre (Earth in French) as a fragrance is defined by ripe orange together with a deep earthy woody scent and a touch of a sparkle from a lighter. Open your mind and olfact for the full effect of this Jean-Claude Ellena blending. It is what a well resolved person should smell like: fresh, clean, slightly bitter, earthy, slightly spicy, sophisticated, classy, serious, grown up and mature.
This is the scent of a self sufficient and confident man, aged 30 years and up, and who doesn't need to show off in any way. He is confident of how much he is worth and has his own go-to style; That's all he needs and just sticks to it. He may use this fragrance in a board meeting room, at a night out with friends, on a romantic date, or in the bed room, but always elegant, notable, and high class. At the same time, he is down to earth. This fragrance just makes him stand out in a league of his own. and takes him into a cloud of distintion, whether he wears a suit, or jeans and a shirt, under any weather, season, location or occasion.
It's THE classical versatile fragrance, but in an extraordinary good way! in summary it's a very elegant "gentleman" perfume with an overall feeling of even balance, smartness and sophistication.

The fragrance general scent is natural, too natural maybe when you may expect some synthetic odors. It may be made with synthetic ingredients to, but it really stands out as something pure and clean; actually clean and dirty at the same time.
It opens with citrus notes, a mature orange at its best and grapefruit. The mature citrus & orange notes are just fantastic and make way to its ADN of an orange-vetiver later evolution.
The heart stands for a somewhat subtle change with the introduction of a sharp sparkling grey flintstone. Nevertheless the transition is light and smooth as a breeze.
The bottom notes suggest me the growing woody and slightly dark accord, mainly due to the vetiver and patchouli notes. The subsequent dry down is pure pleasure, with the long lasting citrus fainting slowly and giving way for the earthy woody dominance.
Terre is quite adequate for all seasons. It has enough freshness for warmer days and handles the colder weather with a dry down balanced by some sweetness, woodiness and earthiness.
Think of an almost dirty, bitter grapefruit with overly sweet orange peel mixed with woods, fougéres and spices. It's not openly sweet, which is rare for a citrus scent. My amazement with this fragrance, besides its great scent, is to be a citrus perfume also proper for Autumn and Winter. Most citrus scents are relegated to be used solely in warm weather. Terre is actually nicer with cooler temperatures.
Its good performance will help you fight a colder early Spring, a windy Fall or a sunny Winter day. It delivers the best performance during Fall and Spring, sun setting and sun down occasions, late evenings and maybe with a chilly touch of wind.
Surrounding people will notice you for sure! The woody and the natural dark and dirty citrus notes give you a brilliant background that makes exale distinction and feal happy, comfortable and elegant all day and through the night.

Here is my sparkling math scoring for Terre EDP:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scent Opening: 9.5 (close to perfection)
Scent Dry Down: 9.5 (close to perfection)
Longevity: 8.0 (3 good sprays may last up to 8 hours)
Sillage: 8.0 (6 feet at its peak with just 3 sprays and 2 hours strong projection)
Uniqueness: 8.5 (Terre EDP is not to blame about the "look alikes" Red Vetyver, Derby Club House Belmont, Fattam, Citrus & Wood, Cuir Vetiver; But you have the EDT, Eau Fraiche and Vetiver flankers to deal with)
Wearability: 9.5 (avoid Hell, Artic and Antartic)
Versatility: 9.5 ("all around" versatile fragrance with many women claiming it to be unisex... my wife for instance!)
Compliments: 9.0 (This fragrance is close a compliment magnet)
Quality: 10.0 (Top quality ingredients, nice flask, nice sprayer with ingenious locking mechanism)
Presentation: 8.0 (no faults, simple but elegant)
Price: 7.0 (75 ml non tester with the €75 pricetag at major net dealers)
Overall rating: 8.77/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Advice: This scent is not aimed for youngsters. Many middle aged men (and some women) may find their signature scent with Terre.
Recomemended?
Yes but do try it before you buy it, as it is a bit of an unique scent. It's also to expensive for a blind buy even if you think that you are going to love it.

Music: Rick Wakeman - "Journey to the Centre of the Earth"

Oldish project
I add terre d’ Hermes , parfum, to my collection. I was really impressed last years with the Eau de Toilette, actually i have 2 original bottles 100ml and 200ml.
So my nose has a complete archive of all the top until bottom scent’s levels of EDT, of any occasion, any season...
I read so many and different reviews, but to my nose these two fragrances are different and only in the middle tones come close..
When i try parfum at the beginning i had this weird orange citrus smell, i was prepared for that...(doesn’t bother me cause i have good impression from other fragrances that start like this) then i was waiting to feel the fresh, woody touch like EDT .
I was expecting parfum to be similar and stronger than EDT and only after one hour i had a small feeling that these two perfumes are getting closer, but parfum was lighter to my nose with more linear and sweet taste. At the bottom i didn't felt the superb balance, the freshness, the modern vibe of pine forest with mastic tones of EDT.. instead i had a lighter scent and more muscucline (oldish) bottom that didn’t impress me at all. The main reason that I wouldn’t buy the parfum if i had the chance to test it is that after one hour, in the dry-down level its very weak and empty, its like lost its power and his character...something that EDT doesn’t loose at all.
EDT last all day and the project is awesome
EDP is weaker but darker , lil sweet and “heavy” in bottom end,
For me EDT is clear winner 9,5/10
And for EDP is 7/10
Ingenious peat monster
I hold my nose to my wrist and am overwhelmed by an intensity that no other perfume could match. As if I were on a spiritual journey on the island of Isley and sway back and forth between the distilleries Laphroig, Lagavulin and Ardbeg. Still a little dazed, I hike up the Highlands and dive into a sea of herbs. As soon as I arrive, my inner eye tears me away from there and sucks me into the harsh tea gardens of Assam. Then it gets a little softer and I can relax in the plantations of Darjeeling. A scent that now represents my signature. Massive and yet of a fineness and variety that I know only from Tom Ford's more expensive products. The finish is long and pleasant, a truly remarkable perfume that leaves an honest authentic taste!
High Class in the bottle
25 upwards, no jogging suit, a solid education, coherent expression, otherwise the wearer of this citrus and vetiver masterpiece looks like a wannabe. It is fresh and at the same time harsh, radiates professionalism and dominance, it feels like wearing Aventus, even if they smell different. It lacks the warmth of The One, but it has more edge and can look quite sexy on the right woman, high class business people might wear it on a date, but it's not cuddly like La Nuit. Serious, educated, dominant, sexy but not unappealing, that's how TdH smells. Keeps loose 7 hours, good Sillage

Not what I expected
I read a number of reviews on Terre d'Hermes EdP before I found a sample bottle. A number of people seemed to like the EdT better and another group liked the EdP, a pretty fair split. I just had to see for myself. And I prefer the EdT.
The head of the EdP really had that strong orange-citrus scent, a lot more than I prefer. Maybe that's just the nature of the parfums, but it was all a bit strong. And it came across different than what I'm accustomed too.
I guess there was some semblance to the EdT in there, but that orange...that citrus...
In the drydown I started to see/smell the similarities. Not exactly the same but close, like the physical appearance of two brothers. I might say the EdT seemed to last a bit longer and had a bit more sillage over time.
Not a bad fragrance mind you, but I prefer the EdT (which is my go-to for anytime, anyplace). In fact I'd suspect it to be the same as EdT, just stronger. The strength of a scent can change its characteristics and appearance dramatically, after all, and I think the concentrated version here really brought out that citrus. With a vengeance.
DufterMann
It works - a beautiful summer scent from the designer shelf! But EdT or EdP?
Granted, it wasn't love at first sight between Terre d'Hermes and me. It must have been between December and January when I got my sample from the Eau de Toilette. The first time I was applied, I thought to myself: And that's it now? A little citrus freshness with a woody base, the pepper only easy to guess, a little vetiver and that's it. But nevertheless I emptied the sample, because something had the smell then nevertheless, why it did not go to me also from the head. A few months later and I stood there with mainly heavy scents, some of which were simply too strong in summer, so I looked around for alternatives. When a forum member asked for nice summer scents, I remembered Terre d`Hermes. He had such a nice orange note that didn't make me think about detergents. Just quickly read the comparisons between the EdT and the EdP and ordered the set, which contains 12,5ml of the EdT, 75ml of the EdP and 40ml of the After-Shave. Seems to have become very rare in the meantime, but can still be ordered with 74 euros at a very good price.
Immediately the comparison test made and the EdT starts immediately a little more lively and fresher, with a slightly dirty note, which reminds me also of a freshly tarred road, which hides itself however discreetly in the background and makes the orange vetiver smell a little more interesting. Right from the start the perfume seems a bit rounder, softer but still with enough charisma. In general, the two fragrances are very similar, also in terms of durability. It's really not that easy to choose a winner here. At the EdP the next morning I had heard a slightly sweet woody note on my forearm, the orange had completely disappeared. However, I would generally rate the durability as very good. Not beastly, so the scent robs you of your nerves, but you don't have to think about a pocket spray.
I'm a little ambivalent about the bottle. The metal plate on top of the flacon seems to be put on a little unkindly. It is not glued, but can be turned without great effort. However, the closure itself is cleverly designed. The black plastic cap is turned down to spray over the silver atomizer and turned up again to close it again.

To get to the bottom line: For those who like it a little rounder with a juicy orange, the Eau de Toilette is the right choice for the more lively tastes among us. I'm glad that such a beautiful everyday and summer fragrance is on the designer shelf between all the crowd pleasers. It doesn't always have to be the expensive niche that makes the heart happy.

Terre d'hermes Parfum
Here is my take on what perhaps has been my most-worn scent over the last year or so. In my opinion there are discernible differences between this and the edt which don't necessarily make it redundant to own both...

Desert Orange
This is actually a nice fragrance that is not as sharp & pungent as the EDT. Smoother & dense. Which I prefer, yet it does not really do anything for me. It is dust, with oranges & grapefruit. When I smell/wear Terre D' Hermes, I am suddenly reminded of the desert. Dry and lagging. It last longer than the EDT, yet it does not project as much. I give it a 3 out of 5. But I am over this type of theme.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 10 months ago
Aromatic with fruity touches and an earty character (as the name Terre suggest), it's a very classy edp for today's gentlemen.Good!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 11 months ago
Terre! The best ripe orange in perfumery. The combo with earthy vetiver is just magnificent. I must use it every week or so. Just love it!
AttlasAttlas 16 months ago
This one deserves it's price unlike many other popular ones. Quality, versatility, longevity, sillage: EXCELENT. A complete perfume. 5 stars
ZEPRIKANZEPRIKAN 3 years ago

by DonLuis2016
Terre d Hermes (Parfum) von Hermes
by Chnokfir

Popular Hermès

Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Calèche (Soie de Parfum) by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Hiris by Hermès Concentré de Pamplemousse Rose by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Toit by Hermès