Terre d'Hermès (2009) Parfum

Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès
Bottle Design Philippe Mouquet
Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Hermès for men and was released in 2009. The scent is woody-earthy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Flintstone, Geranium, Grapefruit, Orange, Patchouli, Pepper, Rose, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 25.11.2019.

8.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Up to Heaven and down to Earth
Terre (Earth in French) is defined by ripe orange together with a deep earthy woody scent and a touch of a sparkle from a lighter. Open your mind and olfact for the full effect of this Jean-Claude Ellena blending. It is what a well resolved person should smell like: fresh, clean, slightly bitter, earthy, slightly spicy, sophisticated, classy, serious, grown up and mature.
This is a fragrance of a self sufficient and confident man, aged 30 years and up and who doesn't need to show off in any way. He is confident of how much he is worth and has his own go-to style; That's all he needs and just sticks to it. He may use this fragrance in a board meeting room, at a night out with friends, on a romantic date, or in the bed room, but always elegant, notable, and high class. At the same time, he is down to earth. This fragrance just makes him stand out in a league of his own. and takes him into a cloud of distintion, whether he wears a suit or jeans and a shirt, under any weather, time of year, location or occasion.
It's THE classical versatile fragrance, but in an extraordinary good way! in summary it's a very elegant "gentleman" perfume with an overall feeling of even balance, smartness and sophistication.

The fragrance general scent is natural, too natural maybe when you may expect some synthetic odors. It may be made with synthetic ingredients to, but it really stands out as something pure and clean; actually clean and dirty at the same time.
It opens with citrus notes, a mature orange at its best and grapefruit. The citrus notes are just fantastic and make way to its ADN of an orange-vetiver later evolution.
The heart stands for a somewhat subtle change with the introduction of a sharp sparkling grey flintstone. Nevertheless the transition is light and smooth as a breeze.
The bottom notes suggest me the growing woody and slightly dark accord, mainly due to the vetiver and patchouli notes. The subsequent dry down is pure pleasure, with the long lasting citrus fainting slowly and giving way for the earthy woody dominance.
Terre is quite adequate for all seasons. It has enough freshness for warmer days and handles the colder weather with a dry down balanced by some sweetness, woodiness and earthiness.
Think of an almost dirty, bitter grapefruit with overly sweet orange peel mixed with woods, fougéres and spices. It's not openly sweet, which is rare for a citrus scent. My amazement with this fragrance, besides its great scent, is to be a citrus perfume also proper for Autumn and Winter. Most citrus scents are relegated to be used solely in warm weather. Terre is actually nicer with cooler temperatures.
Its good performance will help you fight a colder early Spring, a windy Fall or a sunny Winter day. It delivers the best performance during Fall and Spring, sun setting and sun down occasions, late evenings and maybe with a chilly touch of wind.
Surrounding people will notice you for sure! The woody and the natural dark and dirty citrus notes give you a brilliant background that makes exale distinction and feal happy, comfortable and elegant all day and through the night.

Here is my sparkling math scoring for Terre EDP:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scent Opening: 9.5 (my judgement)
Scent Dry Down: 9.5 (my judgement)
Longevity: 8.0 (3 good sprays may last 8+ hours)
Sillage: 8.0 (6 feet at its peak with just 3 sprays and 2 hours strong projection)
Uniqueness: 8.5 (Terre EDP is not to blame about the "look alikes" Red Vetyver, Derby Club House Belmont, Fattam, Citrus & Wood, Cuir Vetiver; But you have the EDT, Eau Fraiche and Vetiver flankers to deal with)
Wearability: 9.5 (avoid Hell, Artic and Antartic)
Versatility: 9.5 ("all around" versatile fragrance with many women claiming it to be unisex)
Compliments: 9.0 (This fragrance it's almost a compliment magnet)
Quality: 10.0 (Top quality ingredients, nice flask, nice sprayer with ingenious locking mechanism)
Presentation: 8.0 (no faults, simple but elegant)
Price: 7.0 (75 ml non tester with the €75 pricetag at major net dealers)
Overall rating: 8.77/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Advice: This scent is not aimed for youngsters. Many middle aged men (and some women) may find their signature scent with Terre.
Recomemended?
No! Do try it before you buy it, as it is a bit of an unique scent. It's also to expensive for a blind buy even if you think that you are going to love it.

Music: Rick Wakeman - "Journey to the Centre of the Earth"
8.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

Oldish project
I add terre d’ Hermes , parfum, to my collection. I was really impressed last years with the Eau de Toilette, actually i have 2 original bottles 100ml and 200ml.
So my nose has a complete archive of all the top until bottom scent’s levels of EDT, of any occasion, any season...
I read so many and different reviews, but to my nose these two fragrances are different and only in the middle tones come close..
When i try parfum at the beginning i had this weird orange citrus smell, i was prepared for that...(doesn’t bother me cause i have good impression from other fragrances that start like this) then i was waiting to feel the fresh, woody touch like EDT .
I was expecting parfum to be similar and stronger than EDT and only after one hour i had a small feeling that these two perfumes are getting closer, but parfum was lighter to my nose with more linear and sweet taste. At the bottom i didn't felt the superb balance, the freshness, the modern vibe of pine forest with mastic tones of EDT.. instead i had a lighter scent and more muscucline (oldish) bottom that didn’t impress me at all. The main reason that I wouldn’t buy the parfum if i had the chance to test it is that after one hour, in the dry-down level its very weak and empty, its like lost its power and his character...something that EDT doesn’t loose at all.
EDT last all day and the project is awesome
EDP is weaker but darker , lil sweet and “heavy” in bottom end,
For me EDT is clear winner 9,5/10
And for EDP is 7/10
9.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Ingenious peat monster
I hold my nose to my wrist and am overwhelmed by an intensity that no other perfume could match. As if I were on a spiritual journey on the island of Isley and sway back and forth between the distilleries Laphroig, Lagavulin and Ardbeg. Still a little dazed, I hike up the Highlands and dive into a sea of herbs. As soon as I arrive, my inner eye tears me away from there and sucks me into the harsh tea gardens of Assam. Then it gets a little softer and I can relax in the plantations of Darjeeling. A scent that now represents my signature. Massive and yet of a fineness and variety that I know only from Tom Ford's more expensive products. The finish is long and pleasant, a truly remarkable perfume that leaves an honest authentic taste!
8.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

High Class in the bottle
25 upwards, no jogging suit, a solid education, coherent expression, otherwise the wearer of this citrus and vetiver masterpiece looks like a wannabe. It is fresh and at the same time harsh, radiates professionalism and dominance, it feels like wearing Aventus, even if they smell different. It lacks the warmth of The One, but it has more edge and can look quite sexy on the right woman, high class business people might wear it on a date, but it's not cuddly like La Nuit. Serious, educated, dominant, sexy but not unappealing, that's how TdH smells. Keeps loose 7 hours, good Sillage
8.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Not what I expected
I read a number of reviews on Terre d'Hermes EdP before I found a sample bottle. A number of people seemed to like the EdT better and another group liked the EdP, a pretty fair split. I just had to see for myself. And I prefer the EdT.
The head of the EdP really had that strong orange-citrus scent, a lot more than I prefer. Maybe that's just the nature of the parfums, but it was all a bit strong. And it came across different than what I'm accustomed too.
I guess there was some semblance to the EdT in there, but that orange...that citrus...
In the drydown I started to see/smell the similarities. Not exactly the same but close, like the physical appearance of two brothers. I might say the EdT seemed to last a bit longer and had a bit more sillage over time.
Not a bad fragrance mind you, but I prefer the EdT (which is my go-to for anytime, anyplace). In fact I'd suspect it to be the same as EdT, just stronger. The strength of a scent can change its characteristics and appearance dramatically, after all, and I think the concentrated version here really brought out that citrus. With a vengeance.
7.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

DufterMann
It works - a beautiful summer scent from the designer shelf! But EdT or EdP?
Granted, it wasn't love at first sight between Terre d'Hermes and me. It must have been between December and January when I got my sample from the Eau de Toilette. The first time I was applied, I thought to myself: And that's it now? A little citrus freshness with a woody base, the pepper only easy to guess, a little vetiver and that's it. But nevertheless I emptied the sample, because something had the smell then nevertheless, why it did not go to me also from the head. A few months later and I stood there with mainly heavy scents, some of which were simply too strong in summer, so I looked around for alternatives. When a forum member asked for nice summer scents, I remembered Terre d`Hermes. He had such a nice orange note that didn't make me think about detergents. Just quickly read the comparisons between the EdT and the EdP and ordered the set, which contains 12,5ml of the EdT, 75ml of the EdP and 40ml of the After-Shave. Seems to have become very rare in the meantime, but can still be ordered with 74 euros at a very good price.
Immediately the comparison test made and the EdT starts immediately a little more lively and fresher, with a slightly dirty note, which reminds me also of a freshly tarred road, which hides itself however discreetly in the background and makes the orange vetiver smell a little more interesting. Right from the start the perfume seems a bit rounder, softer but still with enough charisma. In general, the two fragrances are very similar, also in terms of durability. It's really not that easy to choose a winner here. At the EdP the next morning I had heard a slightly sweet woody note on my forearm, the orange had completely disappeared. However, I would generally rate the durability as very good. Not beastly, so the scent robs you of your nerves, but you don't have to think about a pocket spray.
I'm a little ambivalent about the bottle. The metal plate on top of the flacon seems to be put on a little unkindly. It is not glued, but can be turned without great effort. However, the closure itself is cleverly designed. The black plastic cap is turned down to spray over the silver atomizer and turned up again to close it again.

To get to the bottom line: For those who like it a little rounder with a juicy orange, the Eau de Toilette is the right choice for the more lively tastes among us. I'm glad that such a beautiful everyday and summer fragrance is on the designer shelf between all the crowd pleasers. It doesn't always have to be the expensive niche that makes the heart happy.
9.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Terre d'hermes Parfum
Here is my take on what perhaps has been my most-worn scent over the last year or so. In my opinion there are discernible differences between this and the edt which don't necessarily make it redundant to own both...

8.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10

Desert Orange
This is actually a nice fragrance that is not as sharp & pungent as the EDT. Smoother & dense. Which I prefer, yet it does not really do anything for me. It is dust, with oranges & grapefruit. When I smell/wear Terre D' Hermes, I am suddenly reminded of the desert. Dry and lagging. It last longer than the EDT, yet it does not project as much. I give it a 3 out of 5. But I am over this type of theme.
8.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Eshinlomo
This is going to sound crazy!!
So Someone bought me the EDT version of this for my birthday and I absolutely loved it.....I would go to the grocery store and the cashiers would have conversations about how good I smelt.....it was compliments galore....it became my special occasions cologne, so within a few months it was gone. I did some research and decided it was time to take things to the next level and get the EDP.....which is supposed to be stronger....alas, that is not the case at least not on my skin; it definitely smells richer but I dont get the same silage and projection from the EDP....maybe it projects for 2hours and then its all gone in 5-6, I could have sworn the EDT performed better on me.....still an awesome cologne, might be the best orange based cologne out there.....
9.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Terre d'Hermes Parfum
Right off the bat let me state that Terre d'Hermes Parfum is one of the most unique fragrances I've ever sniffed.
In Terre Parfum, the vegetal and mineral facets of the fragrance are prominent and make a noticeable statement. I find its citrus accord less pronounced than in the Eau de Toilette. To my nose, the grapefruit note is virtually non-existent. However, what my inexperienced nose does identify successfully is the orange peel accord, which smells incredibly natural. In fact, the other day, after peeling a few oranges, the smell lingering on my fingers was comparable to the one contained in Terre Parfum. The fragrance then moves on to its woody-spicy heart, dominated mostly by cedar and benzoin. It finishes off with an earthy note which is also accentuated in the Parfum version.

What astounds me about Terre d'Hermes Parfum is that despite its concentration, it's by no means overwhelming, attention-stealing or headache-inducing. On the contrary, its sillage is rather moderate, yet its lifespan pretty impressive. Just when you think it's vanished, sniff your wrist and you'll find its earthy base is still alive and kicking. I'd recommend wearing Terre Parfum in the colder months of the year, but I suspect it can work well in the spring, too. I shall definitely put it to the test. As far as the potential fan base for Terre Parfum is concerned, I believe what's true of the Eau de Toilette is doubly so of the Parfum version. There's every likelihood it will mostly appeal to the 30+ crowd since it totally lacks the lightweight ozonic aquatic character so widespread in so many (or rather TOO many!) modern-day fragrances for (young) men these days.
10.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

A Masterpiece!
What a masterpiece! As good as the EDT version, a bit stronger, bolder, better suited for fall or spring mornings but wearable all year round if desired. Perfect combination of citruses and wood for men over 35. I will recommend using EDT version for the office as the EDP is better for evenings and maybe nights out with male friends.

Smooth, oily citrus...
The Parfum version of Terre d'Hermès is an interesting one. Mainly because I can't think of other male-marketed perfumes being sold in "Pure Perfume", "Parfum" or "Extrait" concentration...

That being said, this version does have it's own merits. It wears closer to the skin, it's richer, it doesn't have the sillage of the other one (it won't fill a room with smell), but you will notice it for a long time. Two or three sprays of this will last for over six hours, and it holds itself very well.

You get a much smoother, denser and richer smell with this one, and a lot woodier. The woods here are quite prominent. Whereas the original was orange and grapefruit, this is orange and cedarwood, along with patchouli and vetiver. There may also be geranium here which adds to the "flinty" impression. Basically the Iso-E-Super (which Jean-Claude Ellena seems to love using) is more prominent in that it gives the Parfum a much deeper base to the whole composition. Another thing is that (as expected with a Parfum) this is linear. So you don't get the transitions experienced by the Eau de Toilette. This could either be a good or bad thing for you, but it is what to be expected from a higher concentration.

Overall, I think there is a place for the Parfum. If you are someone who likes spending more to feel more "smooth" or "polished", or want it to last longer, or like "heavier" scents, this could be an option. Of course having a Parfum is also a luxury, so you have to expect to pay more. I would describe this as mainly smooth and linear, and could be worn by a woman, if the same woman could also wear something like Encre Noir by Lalique. I could safely say that Terre d'Hermès Parfum is (very) similar to Encre Noir, just with a composition focused around citrus. The strong vetiver, cedar and Iso-E-Super are all there, and it has a "serious" tone... at least to me anyway. Again, a little different than the Eau de Toilette in tone (not in character), but it depends if you prefer to spend more money for that difference.
7.5 5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Classic orange
This was a good surprise. It has at the same time an old school and a modern vibe. Great lasting power, sillage and projection.

It has a sweet and citric smell that's real close to natural. The woody cedar base is also great.

Stronger and darker than the EDT version.

Definetely thumbs up!

Updated January 2014
7.5 5.0 10.0 9.0/10

Drseid
A More Deep Form Of The Already Excellent EdT...
One of Jean-Claude Ellena's masterpieces. While no scent is perfect, I suppose, Terre d'Hermes pure parfum is very close to it. It has the near-perfect blend of citrus, earthy vetiver and woody cedar that is just incredible smelling. Masculine, bold, confident and distinctive are all descriptors that come to mind when I think of what wearing the pure parfum version of Terre d'Hermes feels like.

Terre d’Hermes pure parfum works for any occasion, any season, any weather. Longevity is superb, but unlike the edt that has superb sillage and projection, the pure parfum is more of a skin scent; just don't mistake "skin scent" with "weak"... Terre d'Hermes pure parfum is very strong and a couple sprays should be more than sufficient for just about anyone. The bottom line is Terre d'Hermes pure parfum is just an amazing accomplishment in perfumery and should reside in every man's collection. 4.5 stars out of 5.

Metallic Stone.
I first tried Terre d’Hermès in the EDT concentration and it didn’t appeal to me. It seemed flat and its oiliness seemed somehow petrochemical. Well today I tried the parfum and I see it very differently. It is smooth and balanced where the EDT was actually a bit nauseating. (I did also try the EDT again today and my assessment of it hasn’t changed.) TdH has the only grapefruit note in perfumery I’ve ever liked. In tying it to bergamot and a vegetal quality, the sulfur is gone and the rich piquancy remains. What also remains is an aromatically sweet, metallic stone-like scent.

TdH is linear, but has a single, wide accord that seems to surround you. It is radiant like many other contemporary linear masculines (a heavy hand with the Iso-E Super), but it seems to encompass you rather than emanate from you. The parfum is direct, yet soft-spoken, well-balanced. There is nothing superfluous, yet there's no feeling of starkness.

TdH is not my style of perfumery, and I have no plan to buy it, but I would highly recommend it, and recognize the artistry, thoughtful consideration and likely enormous amount of editing and honing that went into its making.

Jazzy76 118 days ago
Aromatic with fruity touches and an earty character (as the name Terre suggest), it's a very classy edp for today's gentlemen.Good!+1
Carlitos01 153 days ago
Terre! The best ripe orange in perfumery. The combo with earthy vetiver is just magnificent. I must use it every week or so. Just love it!+3
Attlas 10 months ago
This one deserves it's price unlike many other popular ones. Quality, versatility, longevity, sillage: EXCELENT. A complete perfume. 5 stars+1
6.0

by DonLuis2016
Terre d Hermes (Parfum) von Hermes
by Chnokfir

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Toit by Hermès Eau des Merveilles by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Un Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès Le Jardin de Monsieur Li by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Jour d'Hermès (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche by Hermès Un Jardin après la Mousson by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Twilly d'Hermès by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès