Twilly d'Hermès 2017

Twilly d'Hermès by Hermès
Bottle Design Florence Manlik
Twilly d'Hermès is a popular perfume by Hermès for women and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Christine Nagel

GingerGinger
TuberoseTuberose
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 19.01.2022.

Apparitional
It is October 2021, more than 1.5 turbulent years are behind us, which made us rethink and faced challenges. Especially people like me - students.

For 3 semesters, we sat at home, waiting. We questioned - ourselves, our study choices, politics. Kind of a forgotten species, in my opinion.
But then, at the end of August, the liberating news: we're going back to face-to-face teaching!
Incredibly, after open clubs, packed football stadiums and everlasting discussions about schools, it's finally our turn again. We're getting our lives back. At least in large part.

So I pack my seven things and drive from my parents to my apartment, where I've been hanging out for the past year and a half more than I care to remember. There was nowhere to go.
I pack my backpack, my clothes (no idea what you look like when you go to uni every day??) and of course I think about my perfume. A few weeks ago I participated in my first sharing and I know for sure, there's a little sample of Twilly in my mailbox. I don't know what it smells like and I've never tried it before, but the reviews are enticing.

Monday - the first day of college. Every one of my friends knows I'm the one with the perfume quirk. Of course, I want to live up to the reputation and just put on this fragrance in my euphoria - without having sniffed it before. Besides, I want to appear well-groomed and smelling good in the university.

I'm late, so I run, but already on the first meters I doubt whether it could not have been a mistake. Without knowing the scents, I smell the ginger directly. But in a strange way, not pungent, not fresh, totally powdery, although that doesn't fit ginger for me. I smell a bit like a symbiosis between mom and grandma.
I'm not happy, so I had not imagined the first day fragrance-wise. But it can not be helped, I must now continue otherwise I'm still late for the first lecture.

The sillage is overwhelming in the first hours, I'm a little afraid that my fellow students soon sit away, whether the intense perfume cloud. But with time I like the fragrance better, whether I'm just used to it (because I'm not a big fan of powdery fragrances) or I like it in the meantime - I'm unsure. After 2-3 hours is of the fragrance mainly the described spiciness for me perceptible (sweet I can not recognize), which in turn I like very very much. But hardly have I enjoyed the spice, he is also already gone from my skin.
On the clothes he is still longer perceptible, so that I also now and then a little cloud pokes in the nose. I like what I smell, meanwhile.

In the evening I lie on the couch - quite exhausting so a day at the university, you are no longer accustomed to anything. And it has also been an adjustment, but the remains of Twilly give me security, although I wear it for the first time. It just feels comfortably warm, and yet the spice also gives me a bit of that "bossy" feeling - maybe the right start to the new semester?

It's not going to be my new favorite, and it'll probably stay bottled - but Twilly is an apparition for me. In every respect - a strong start (especially if you like it powdery), a great development, strong sillage and a great feeling that is conveyed to me. For me, a very interesting fragrance!
Wooden gumball machine
Preliminary: I like this fragrance very much.
In the head, however, he starts with a slightly pungent smell, which already reminds me a little of perfumes of older people. Fortunately, it turns quite quickly into a pleasant floral sweetness. For some reason, it makes me think of those round, colorful gumballs you used to get from vending machines. However, it really isn't too sweet at that, and I would already think that I'm relatively sensitive to that. The slight sharpness of ginger seems to intercept this well and creates a fragrance that is not 0815.
Towards the end, the fragrance becomes increasingly woody and less ginger-spicy and goes in my eyes a bit in the direction of The One.
I like the young, uncomplicated way of Twilly, when I'm sometimes not in the mood for fragrances that want my attention, incredibly like.
Fragrance21
Heavy, powdery and somehow irritating
Admittedly, I am not a friend of heavy fragrances, which is why I have not 100% closed this fragrance in the heart. But the fragrance has something in itself, so that it is definitely worth it to test him once for themselves.
He is - for my taste at least - quite heavy and definitely very powdery. In terms of sillage, he definitely tops all my previous perfumes.
The fragrance is not suitable for the office or hot summer days, because it is really heavy. Who is sensitive to it, could then get a headache.
Nevertheless, the fragrance is very interesting and for all friends of the somewhat heavier fragrances certainly a must.
Muckelina
A fragrance to which I had to get used first
My husband became aware of this fragrance online. He really wanted us to test it. At the airport in Doha it was then so far, I had to smell and test. And I knew immediately, that I do not like!
My husband was beside himself, so great he found the fragrance!
In the coming weeks, he asked me constantly whether I was sure and what exactly I did not like zt. This annoyed me and I decided to buy the fragrance and in only wear when he is there.
But I must say, I like him now too.
The ginger has for my taste a very artificial and synthetic note, which I just did not like.
But the perfume changes with time. After about an hour, the ginger just smells like ginger.
It is for my taste no perfume for all days, in the sense that I must have desire on it. It is very present also for myself. With ginger you think, oh nice and fresh. Yes, but also somehow heavy. And that's why I have to feel like it, otherwise I get a headache.
I don't know how else to describe it, I think it smells expensive too ;)
Character-wise, it would be an opera singer for me who sometimes turns up a little too much.
I like it now, that shows me that everyone deserves a second chance ;)
I think it is a special fragrance, I know nothing that smells similar.
My teacher
While cleaning out, I discovered a sample of Twilly that had been sitting unnoticed in the closet for several years and after a quick test on a strip of paper, immediately put it with the samples I was going to give away or throw away. I found it super unpleasant, pungent and had to wrinkle my nose. So should smell at most a very old well-groomed woman, but not me in my early 30s...

Coincidentally, I saw that day a video on Youtube, in which this fragrance was praised by a woman my age. I was shocked and did further research on Youtube to see if she was the only one describing Twilly as pleasant and confident. In fact, several perfume youtubers review it extremely positively as a signature scent or an expensive smelling perfume, etc. And I just thought to myself: so if they all like this awful scent, their videos won't do me any good anymore, because their tastes don't seem at all similar to mine.

To confirm my opinion and be able to throw away the test strip with the "granny scent", I sniffed the test strip again after my "Twilly research" and wondered if I was holding the wrong strip, because this scent had nothing to do with what I smelled right after spraying it on. He smelled powdery pleasant and special.

The next day, I sprayed on Twilly and drove to work. The top note I still felt old and unfashionable. During the car ride, however, a scent kept getting up my nose that gave me a comforting feeling and that was indeed Twilly!!! I couldn't believe I had almost thrown this scent away.

Never did I think I could fall in love with a perfume whose top notes I find awful. However, Twilly has taught me that I need to give some fragrances more time to get to know their true selves and appreciate them. By now, I like it so much that I don't even mind the opening of the fragrance experience anymore. Unfortunately, I find the sillage quite weak, I wish people around me could notice more of this elegance. But since I always had to think of and sniff Twilly, despite several new ersoukten bottlings, I have enriched my life with a bottle of Twilly.

I am now open to loves on second sniff. Thank you Twilly.
Angelina90
A hot summer day in Paris...
Twilly is a typical summer scent for me, which reminds me EVERY time of a hot, casual day in Paris...
A day when you actually just wanted to stroll along the Champs-Elysee and just do a little window shopping and then without wanting to, you meet the love of your life (I'm talking about a leather handbag by Hermes) it's very, very expensive and you can't afford it at the moment anyway but this fresh parisian summer air you feel gives you the feeling of boundless freedom....everything is possible....also this beautiful NOT classic handbag there in this shop window (it's made of a flashy, noble orange ;) ) will belong to me one day *grins*

With his tart, fresh and yet also very elegant manner, Twilly gives me exactly this summery, all-is-feel! He is not flowery sweet......fortunately....would also be too bad, because I would never associate Hermes with anything sweet. Twilly is elegant but in his very own special way...not TO fancy, not TO arrogant, not TO loud...just SELF-CONSCIOUS!

I smell citrusy chords and lots of ginger, which I think is what makes the tart that I find so super great! Nothing is sweet here at all...rather tart floral if you can speak of "floral" at all!

The durability is ok but also not above average...I would say I take it about 4 hours, but it depends on the day! The Sillage is also quite ok but unfortunately, unfortunately nothing earth-shattering, because I would like to show it to everybody in the room and show how beautiful it is!

One thing is for sure: if my bottle is empty, I will definitely reorder it

DonJuanDeCat
Take over the world with Twilly?
Hello your olfactory bulb :D
If you are wondering what I am doing tonight, then I can only answer: Exactly the same as every night, you snoopers! I'm trying to take over the world ... uh waits... it could be that I have looked again Pinky & Brain ... I meant of course that I will try to entertain you once again with a comment :D

Twilly belongs to the newer fragrances of Hermès since he came out in 2017. I think that the fragrance was less noticed especially here on Parfumo, but I think that despite all its simplicity and its unspeakable mainstream charisma it has become quite nice. Not a fragrance that will tear you from a stool, but a fragrance that is still very pleasant in the nose, as long as you like sweet and flowery fragrances, ... and of course sweet and flowery yourself, and therefore very nice to others :)

And so he smells:

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins with beautiful, sweet tuberoses, fresh oranges and especially ginger. Shortly afterwards, the fragrance quickly becomes sweeter, so that the citrus notes, which had only radiated weakly anyway, move even further into the background. The tuberose still smells good, in addition to the sweet scents a little vanilla is added, which makes the scent more powdery as usual.
As the fragrance progresses, the vanilla gradually takes the lead, making the fragrance sweeter, softer and more powdery. In the end it only smells mostly like vanilla and a little bit like tuberose, everything else like ginger has almost completely faded away. Although the fragrance is very simple, it is still quite nice because it just smells good.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is good, one will be wrapped with the smell for a while in a beautiful fragrance cloud, which is good smelling for others. Also the durability is quite good, because I could still smell it after more than ten hours a little on my arm.

The bottle:
The bottle is square and pink. On the front, it has round, tactile depressions, in the middle of which the label with the name of the fragrance has been attached. The neck wears a colorful "silk ribbon", which looks very nice and is a tribute to the spaghetti bracelets (also usable as hair ribbon) from Hermès. It is finished with a shiny black melon-shaped lid (i.e. the melon as a hat that Hermès sometimes shows in some fashion shows). A very nice bottle.

Soo, as already mentioned in the introduction, I don't think the Twilly is bad at all here. I have to admit that it is one of those fragrances that the world doesn't really need, because there should be at least 10000 fragrances that smell exactly the same, but the fragrance itself is very nice and beautiful. And if you don't know the 10000 scents, which smell so similar, then you could try this one from Hermès :D

Due to the increased sweetness it has a slight orientation towards autumn, but I would just classify it as an all-rounder, so that it could still be used for me at all seasons. It is a beautiful everyday fragrance that comes across as feminine and certainly also smells pleasant for others. This makes it very suitable for use as a scent. As I said, you can test it, even if it smells different than you might be used to from Hermès fragrances.

:DD
Ahh, what did I love that cartoon as a kid!!

Well, that's that again. I wish you all a nice evening :)
And I'm going to listen to the intro song of Pinky and the Brain on YouTube again... again!
Bitter scratchy soft elegance
Come on, I've known you for a long time!
At first I thought I sprayed Knot from Bottega Veneta. Although the two scents have no similarities in the scent pyramid, at least the top note is not identical in direct comparison, but very similar.
Both fragrances show this wonderfully bitter, sharp scratchiness, and at least Twilly initially no trace of sweetness!

However, in a relatively short time Twilly becomes softer, more conciliatory, without losing his sharpness and he goes a little more in the direction of warm powderiness, but also without becoming pompous.
His initially noticed edges (which make him absolutely interesting) are still there even after a long time, but already a little grinded.

I cannot clearly identify ginger or tuberose, but there are still some secrets in this fragrance that do not appear in his pyramid.
Especially a clearly bitter- citric note makes me pull my hat off.

As I read, Twilly was created for the young Hermes customers, but Twilly is also a very elegant fragrance and I think it is more suitable for women who already know who they are and what they want than for a young girl
A very elegant fragrance that can also be worn in the office if not overdosed.
Edda32
With umbrella, charm and melon
In search of a new signature scent, a constant companion who suited me, an alter ego so to speak, I was wandering through the perfume departments of the small city as if through a nightlife. Had met there old friends and acquaintances. Jil Sander Sun, actually we never had anything to say to each other, she was always too conventional for me, too adapted...Or Kenzo Flower, once my best friend, but somehow we lived apart. I left her behind in her romantic naivety, had gone other ways, grown up...
And then there's Joop Le Bain, still the dress-up buzz in the purple acrylic sweater and with nude lipstick. And, oh, fright! All about Eve was also here, wearing a tattoo choker and a white crocheted sweater and camel boots. We met once in the dance school and immediately knew that we had nothing in common.
Also met some nice new ones...The Kenzo siblings Aqua and Air...Bright, light and cheerful both, Aqua with a flower in the hair, Air in the sheath dress, with geometric pattern. Maybe we'll go on vacation together sometime.

It was getting late and I had to get home soon. And then at the exit, she caught my eye... an apparition! Elegant and infinitely stylish at the same time, in a knee-length tweed coat, French cut under a red hippie hat, destroyed jeans, light sneakers and beautiful even without make-up. Wasn't that Carla Bruni's little sister? 'That's Twilly' they whispered to me. Someone introduced us. Twilly spoke with a deep, melodious voice. What she said had hand and foot. She spoke directly, but never unfriendly, so charming and also somewhat sexy with a French accent. She was an intellectual beauty, could charm, but also intimidate a little. Despite all her charm, she always remained a little distant. Her look was stylish with class, was never cheap, never intrusive, somehow retro, but still modern.
She was an artist, had a British father who had gone to school with Mick Jagger and a French mother. She grew up in Paris, where she studied at the Ecole de Beaux Arts, later in London. She had written and photographed for an independent art magazine. A scholarship enabled her to spend half a year in L.A., currently living with a friend in San Francisco and learning pottery.
Twilly as fragrance: The pyramid is rather flat, minimalistic, but very beautifully composed: Ginger spiciness in the top note is maintained throughout, is gently caressed by the tuberose, as the fragrance progresses the fragrance becomes warmer, somewhat powdery, somewhat soapy. I think it's wonderful that the spiciness lasts so long, which gives the fragrance a distinctive twist despite all the light sweetness. I think it's cool.
You have to be sparing with it, otherwise it becomes too heavy, through the sandalwood, almost an Oriental. This is more for autumn and winter. See tweed coat. For me, this is a fragrance that attracts and chicens even without a sophisticated 'outfit'.
And now my personal 'unfortunately': my husband doesn't like the scent at all. He's more of a fresh guy... Oh Menno...

Guys, good luck with Twilly and greetings!
Adieu!
Little Monster
This smell is a little monster to me. It's in a bottle, just waiting to be carried by me. As soon as I spray the scent, it sticks to me, gets caught in my hair, sticks to my clothes and whispers quietly to me "Flatten them, don't put up with anything!
This fragrance is cheeky, selfish and self-confident. He doesn't care if it would be rude to start eating before everyone is at the table. He doesn't hold the door open for an unfriendly person and goes to the end himself. He does not offer the last piece of cake to the unloved aunts, but simply eats it. He sticks out the tongue of the naughty child at the supermarket checkout. He has already taken one or the other chocolate bar with him.... For me, the little monster TWILLY is the opposite of good and sweet. Twilly's motto is "flatten them - otherwise they will flatten you" this fragrance gives you the feeling of being selfish and ONLY thinking about yourself

HugoMontezHugoMontez 12 months ago
One of my favorite tuberoses out there. Unisex ginger-tuberose combination. Super elegant and surprisingly easy to wear. A marvel! 4/5
AnessaAnessa 4 years ago
Could never stomach the sharp flavour of Fortnum&Masons' Old Fashioned Ginger biscuits. Thanks for the childhood flashbacks, Twilly.
IsocelleIsocelle 4 years ago

by Muckelina
by Muckelina
by Lizzy89
by Lizzy89
Leider wurde ein schöneres Twillybild abgelehnt. Es befindet sich in meinem Fotoalbum.
by Edda32
by Lalune
by Lalune
Leider wurde ein viel schöneres Twillybild abgelehnt. Es ist in meinem Fotoalbum.
by Edda32
by LaPerleNoire
by LaPerleNoire
by Yanlizkalp79
by Yanlizkalp79
Das Model für die Kampagne heißt Peyton Knight, kommt aus den USA u. soll offenbar an Twiggy erinnern... ...
by Mörchen
by Parfumaddict
by Melanonym
by Melanonym

Popular Hermès

Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Calèche (Soie de Parfum) by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Amazone (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès