Twilly d'Hermès 2017

Twilly d'Hermès by Hermès
Bottle Design Florence Manlik
Twilly d'Hermès is a perfume by Hermès for women and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Christine Nagel

Ginger, Tuberose, Sandalwood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 07.05.2021.

My teacher
While cleaning out, I discovered a sample of Twilly that had been sitting unnoticed in the closet for several years and after a quick test on a strip of paper, immediately put it with the samples I was going to give away or throw away. I found it super unpleasant, pungent and had to wrinkle my nose. So should smell at most a very old well-groomed woman, but not me in my early 30s...

Coincidentally, I saw that day a video on Youtube, in which this fragrance was praised by a woman my age. I was shocked and did further research on Youtube to see if she was the only one describing Twilly as pleasant and confident. In fact, several perfume youtubers review it extremely positively as a signature scent or an expensive smelling perfume, etc. And I just thought to myself: so if they all like this awful scent, their videos won't do me any good anymore, because their tastes don't seem at all similar to mine.

To confirm my opinion and be able to throw away the test strip with the "granny scent", I sniffed the test strip again after my "Twilly research" and wondered if I was holding the wrong strip, because this scent had nothing to do with what I smelled right after spraying it on. He smelled powdery pleasant and special.

The next day, I sprayed on Twilly and drove to work. The top note I still felt old and unfashionable. During the car ride, however, a scent kept getting up my nose that gave me a comforting feeling and that was indeed Twilly!!! I couldn't believe I had almost thrown this scent away.

Never did I think I could fall in love with a perfume whose top notes I find awful. However, Twilly has taught me that I need to give some fragrances more time to get to know their true selves and appreciate them. By now, I like it so much that I don't even mind the opening of the fragrance experience anymore. Unfortunately, I find the sillage quite weak, I wish people around me could notice more of this elegance. But since I always had to think of and sniff Twilly, despite several new ersoukten bottlings, I have enriched my life with a bottle of Twilly.

I am now open to loves on second sniff. Thank you Twilly.
Angelina90
A hot summer day in Paris...
Twilly is a typical summer scent for me, which reminds me EVERY time of a hot, casual day in Paris...
A day when you actually just wanted to stroll along the Champs-Elysee and just do a little window shopping and then without wanting to, you meet the love of your life (I'm talking about a leather handbag by Hermes) it's very, very expensive and you can't afford it at the moment anyway but this fresh parisian summer air you feel gives you the feeling of boundless freedom....everything is possible....also this beautiful NOT classic handbag there in this shop window (it's made of a flashy, noble orange ;) ) will belong to me one day *grins*

With his tart, fresh and yet also very elegant manner, Twilly gives me exactly this summery, all-is-feel! He is not flowery sweet......fortunately....would also be too bad, because I would never associate Hermes with anything sweet. Twilly is elegant but in his very own special way...not TO fancy, not TO arrogant, not TO loud...just SELF-CONSCIOUS!

I smell citrusy chords and lots of ginger, which I think is what makes the tart that I find so super great! Nothing is sweet here at all...rather tart floral if you can speak of "floral" at all!

The durability is ok but also not above average...I would say I take it about 4 hours, but it depends on the day! The Sillage is also quite ok but unfortunately, unfortunately nothing earth-shattering, because I would like to show it to everybody in the room and show how beautiful it is!

One thing is for sure: if my bottle is empty, I will definitely reorder it

DonJuanDeCat
Take over the world with Twilly?
Hello your olfactory bulb :D
If you are wondering what I am doing tonight, then I can only answer: Exactly the same as every night, you snoopers! I'm trying to take over the world ... uh waits... it could be that I have looked again Pinky & Brain ... I meant of course that I will try to entertain you once again with a comment :D

Twilly belongs to the newer fragrances of Hermès since he came out in 2017. I think that the fragrance was less noticed especially here on Parfumo, but I think that despite all its simplicity and its unspeakable mainstream charisma it has become quite nice. Not a fragrance that will tear you from a stool, but a fragrance that is still very pleasant in the nose, as long as you like sweet and flowery fragrances, ... and of course sweet and flowery yourself, and therefore very nice to others :)

And so he smells:

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins with beautiful, sweet tuberoses, fresh oranges and especially ginger. Shortly afterwards, the fragrance quickly becomes sweeter, so that the citrus notes, which had only radiated weakly anyway, move even further into the background. The tuberose still smells good, in addition to the sweet scents a little vanilla is added, which makes the scent more powdery as usual.
As the fragrance progresses, the vanilla gradually takes the lead, making the fragrance sweeter, softer and more powdery. In the end it only smells mostly like vanilla and a little bit like tuberose, everything else like ginger has almost completely faded away. Although the fragrance is very simple, it is still quite nice because it just smells good.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is good, one will be wrapped with the smell for a while in a beautiful fragrance cloud, which is good smelling for others. Also the durability is quite good, because I could still smell it after more than ten hours a little on my arm.

The bottle:
The bottle is square and pink. On the front, it has round, tactile depressions, in the middle of which the label with the name of the fragrance has been attached. The neck wears a colorful "silk ribbon", which looks very nice and is a tribute to the spaghetti bracelets (also usable as hair ribbon) from Hermès. It is finished with a shiny black melon-shaped lid (i.e. the melon as a hat that Hermès sometimes shows in some fashion shows). A very nice bottle.

Soo, as already mentioned in the introduction, I don't think the Twilly is bad at all here. I have to admit that it is one of those fragrances that the world doesn't really need, because there should be at least 10000 fragrances that smell exactly the same, but the fragrance itself is very nice and beautiful. And if you don't know the 10000 scents, which smell so similar, then you could try this one from Hermès :D

Due to the increased sweetness it has a slight orientation towards autumn, but I would just classify it as an all-rounder, so that it could still be used for me at all seasons. It is a beautiful everyday fragrance that comes across as feminine and certainly also smells pleasant for others. This makes it very suitable for use as a scent. As I said, you can test it, even if it smells different than you might be used to from Hermès fragrances.

:DD
Ahh, what did I love that cartoon as a kid!!

Well, that's that again. I wish you all a nice evening :)
And I'm going to listen to the intro song of Pinky and the Brain on YouTube again... again!
Bitter scratchy soft elegance
Come on, I've known you for a long time!
At first I thought I sprayed Knot from Bottega Veneta. Although the two scents have no similarities in the scent pyramid, at least the top note is not identical in direct comparison, but very similar.
Both fragrances show this wonderfully bitter, sharp scratchiness, and at least Twilly initially no trace of sweetness!

However, in a relatively short time Twilly becomes softer, more conciliatory, without losing his sharpness and he goes a little more in the direction of warm powderiness, but also without becoming pompous.
His initially noticed edges (which make him absolutely interesting) are still there even after a long time, but already a little grinded.

I cannot clearly identify ginger or tuberose, but there are still some secrets in this fragrance that do not appear in his pyramid.
Especially a clearly bitter- citric note makes me pull my hat off.

As I read, Twilly was created for the young Hermes customers, but Twilly is also a very elegant fragrance and I think it is more suitable for women who already know who they are and what they want than for a young girl
A very elegant fragrance that can also be worn in the office if not overdosed.
Edda32
With umbrella, charm and melon
In search of a new signature scent, a constant companion who suited me, an alter ego so to speak, I was wandering through the perfume departments of the small city as if through a nightlife. Had met there old friends and acquaintances. Jil Sander Sun, actually we never had anything to say to each other, she was always too conventional for me, too adapted...Or Kenzo Flower, once my best friend, but somehow we lived apart. I left her behind in her romantic naivety, had gone other ways, grown up...
And then there's Joop Le Bain, still the dress-up buzz in the purple acrylic sweater and with nude lipstick. And, oh, fright! All about Eve was also here, wearing a tattoo choker and a white crocheted sweater and camel boots. We met once in the dance school and immediately knew that we had nothing in common.
Also met some nice new ones...The Kenzo siblings Aqua and Air...Bright, light and cheerful both, Aqua with a flower in the hair, Air in the sheath dress, with geometric pattern. Maybe we'll go on vacation together sometime.

It was getting late and I had to get home soon. And then at the exit, she caught my eye... an apparition! Elegant and infinitely stylish at the same time, in a knee-length tweed coat, French cut under a red hippie hat, destroyed jeans, light sneakers and beautiful even without make-up. Wasn't that Carla Bruni's little sister? 'That's Twilly' they whispered to me. Someone introduced us. Twilly spoke with a deep, melodious voice. What she said had hand and foot. She spoke directly, but never unfriendly, so charming and also somewhat sexy with a French accent. She was an intellectual beauty, could charm, but also intimidate a little. Despite all her charm, she always remained a little distant. Her look was stylish with class, was never cheap, never intrusive, somehow retro, but still modern.
She was an artist, had a British father who had gone to school with Mick Jagger and a French mother. She grew up in Paris, where she studied at the Ecole de Beaux Arts, later in London. She had written and photographed for an independent art magazine. A scholarship enabled her to spend half a year in L.A., currently living with a friend in San Francisco and learning pottery.
Twilly as fragrance: The pyramid is rather flat, minimalistic, but very beautifully composed: Ginger spiciness in the top note is maintained throughout, is gently caressed by the tuberose, as the fragrance progresses the fragrance becomes warmer, somewhat powdery, somewhat soapy. I think it's wonderful that the spiciness lasts so long, which gives the fragrance a distinctive twist despite all the light sweetness. I think it's cool.
You have to be sparing with it, otherwise it becomes too heavy, through the sandalwood, almost an Oriental. This is more for autumn and winter. See tweed coat. For me, this is a fragrance that attracts and chicens even without a sophisticated 'outfit'.
And now my personal 'unfortunately': my husband doesn't like the scent at all. He's more of a fresh guy... Oh Menno...

Guys, good luck with Twilly and greetings!
Adieu!
Little Monster
This smell is a little monster to me. It's in a bottle, just waiting to be carried by me. As soon as I spray the scent, it sticks to me, gets caught in my hair, sticks to my clothes and whispers quietly to me "Flatten them, don't put up with anything!
This fragrance is cheeky, selfish and self-confident. He doesn't care if it would be rude to start eating before everyone is at the table. He doesn't hold the door open for an unfriendly person and goes to the end himself. He does not offer the last piece of cake to the unloved aunts, but simply eats it. He sticks out the tongue of the naughty child at the supermarket checkout. He has already taken one or the other chocolate bar with him.... For me, the little monster TWILLY is the opposite of good and sweet. Twilly's motto is "flatten them - otherwise they will flatten you" this fragrance gives you the feeling of being selfish and ONLY thinking about yourself

You never told me
When I saw this perfume on the srugstore shelf and on the magazines , with its bowler hat shaped cap , I immediately thought to the famous movie with Alberto Sordi "Fumo di londra" and to the soundrack "you never told me". It's the spirit of London in a bottle : " swinging" but always traditional, modern and ironic, but classic too.
The maison Hermes usally made me dream of the Paris avenues , but this story is different.
At the firts spray I smelled a cloud of fizzy ginger , then I perceived a very light tuberose note, not at all heavy, intoxicating or too ladylike, but very feminin, anyway. Unfortunately, there's no base in this scent and , at least on my skin, I didn't smell the sandalwood and it's a pity.
Simple and basic with its traid of notes, this fragrance could seem a little poor, but it's quite pleasant. Funny the bottle, although I was expecting something more from a prestigious Maison like Hermes. But obviously times change...
Hand tame band
One may think I am crazy, which is no big deal for me, but in the beginning Tilly d'Hermès reminds me of elastic plait straps soaked with chlorinated water, which one tried to loosen from one's hair with difficulty, after one emerged as a little girl from the floods of the urban open-air swimming pool. A thoroughly grotesque impression, somehow synthetic and slightly prickly. This initial impression is quite comforting for me, but only in fractions of a second.
The gentle spiciness of the ginger flirts here with the creamy tuberose in an idiosyncratic way. Flowery, citric, creamy and sharp cumulate to a refreshing but tame affair. Some tension only appears in the course when the sandalwood willingly releases its spice into the composition. The departure happens relatively quickly, ergo the durability is not worth mentioning and is therefore close to midfield. After about three hours I only hear the soft spicy sandalwood with a hint of ginger, unfortunately there is no trace of the fading tuberose.
Twilly doesn't reach ecstasy, doesn't set an example, doesn't get a tit in a triangle and can't trigger an apocalypse, but it's quite nice. Maybe too nice... but in a positive way.

Nice and different
What a gorgeous bottle! I like it very much. It invites you to smell what is inside.
The perfume opens with soft, fresh ginger. It is not a loud ginger, it is a quite one, ready to be open. After a while, tuberose makes its presence felt. It is not a sweet tuberose, it’s a spicy tuberose. A lovely flower mixed with oriental spices. All the composition is like an invitation in a garden full of tuberoses and spices where their smells intertwine.
The dry-down is tuberose sweetened by sandalwood with a hint of ginger.
Twilly is a beautiful and elegant, modern and classy at the same time. It smells comfortable on my skin. I am not part of the perfume target group and still like it. It is an optimistic and lively floral but I think it is for everyone.
Give it a try if you want something different. Nice!
5.5

StellaDiverF
Bracing ginger and commercial orange blossom floriental
Twilly opens with a spicy ginger, not so juicy as fresh ginger, nor is it overly woody like an aged ginger root. This is a ginger that's as much spicy as it's peppery, which links smoothly to tart, aromatic bergamot and green neroli.

The tuberose soon arrives at the front, flanked by sandalwood and tonka bean, and the ginger gradually blends into the woody background. The tuberose here is extremely pure and white, devoid of any indole or animalic nuance. Because of the grainy texture of sandalwood and tonka bean underneath, the tuberose isn't really creamy or buttery, either. It feels more like white clay to me.

Actually, the tuberose is so lacking its typical voluptuous characteristics, and because of the grainy-powdery texture and the presence of bergamot, Twilly initially smells very much like a constructed, commercial orange blossom accord to me. And after multiple wearing, I still feel this way if I don't make the effort to distinguish the different notes.

Afterwards, Twilly doesn't go through any major shift. The fragrance feels a bit more milky and more musky with time, as the sandalwood shares more weight in the dry down. There's also a spicy, hay-like nuance of tonka bean getting through occasionally, adding a somewhat masculine fougere boost to this floriental concoction.

Twilly projects moderately during most of its 10-hour longevity on my skin.

I would describe Twilly as a modernised, streamlined floriental, with ginger and orange blossom as major accords. It feels much more dense, more opaque, sweeter and warmer than most Hermès releases in the past ten years. Since it's Christine Nagel's first widely available, mainstream pillar fragrance in Hermès, a such rupture in style is totally understandable.

Because of its extremely clean, abstract treatment of tuberose, and its commercial sandalwood-tonka base, I'm indifferent towards Twilly. Yes, it's an overall pleasant warm orange blossom, and not as sweet as most gourmand and fruitchouli, but except for the initial ginger burst, the rest feels more or less standard, and doesn't stand out among other Hermès pillar fragrances, in my humble opinion.

HugoMontezHugoMontez 3 months ago
One of my favorite tuberoses out there. Unisex ginger-tuberose combination. Super elegant and surprisingly easy to wear. A marvel! 4/5
AnessaAnessa 3 years ago
Could never stomach the sharp flavour of Fortnum&Masons' Old Fashioned Ginger biscuits. Thanks for the childhood flashbacks, Twilly.
IsocelleIsocelle 4 years ago

by Angelina90
by Angelina90
by Lizzy89
by Lizzy89
Leider wurde ein schöneres Twillybild abgelehnt. Es befindet sich in meinem Fotoalbum.
by Edda32
Leider wurde ein viel schöneres Twillybild abgelehnt. Es ist in meinem Fotoalbum.
by Edda32
by Serlo
by Serlo
by LaPerleNoire
by LaPerleNoire
Das Model für die Kampagne heißt Peyton Knight, kommt aus den USA u. soll offenbar an Twiggy erinnern... ...
by Mörchen
by Caramella07
by Parfumaddict
by Parfumaddict

Popular Hermès

Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Calèche (Soie de Parfum) by Hermès Amazone (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Elixir des Merveilles by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès