Twilly d'Hermès (2017)

Twilly d'Hermès by Hermès
Bottle Design: Florence Manlik
Twilly d'Hermès is a perfume by Hermès for women and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still in production.

Christine Nagel

Ginger, Tuberose, Sandalwood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 07.11.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

DonJuanDeCat
Take over the world with Twilly?
Hello your olfactory bulb :D
If you are wondering what I am doing tonight, then I can only answer: Exactly the same as every night, you snoopers! I'm trying to take over the world ... uh waits... it could be that I have looked again Pinky & Brain ... I meant of course that I will try to entertain you once again with a comment :D

Twilly belongs to the newer fragrances of Hermès since he came out in 2017. I think that the fragrance was less noticed especially here on Parfumo, but I think that despite all its simplicity and its unspeakable mainstream charisma it has become quite nice. Not a fragrance that will tear you from a stool, but a fragrance that is still very pleasant in the nose, as long as you like sweet and flowery fragrances, ... and of course sweet and flowery yourself, and therefore very nice to others :)

And so he smells:

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins with beautiful, sweet tuberoses, fresh oranges and especially ginger. Shortly afterwards, the fragrance quickly becomes sweeter, so that the citrus notes, which had only radiated weakly anyway, move even further into the background. The tuberose still smells good, in addition to the sweet scents a little vanilla is added, which makes the scent more powdery as usual.
As the fragrance progresses, the vanilla gradually takes the lead, making the fragrance sweeter, softer and more powdery. In the end it only smells mostly like vanilla and a little bit like tuberose, everything else like ginger has almost completely faded away. Although the fragrance is very simple, it is still quite nice because it just smells good.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is good, one will be wrapped with the smell for a while in a beautiful fragrance cloud, which is good smelling for others. Also the durability is quite good, because I could still smell it after more than ten hours a little on my arm.

The bottle:
The bottle is square and pink. On the front, it has round, tactile depressions, in the middle of which the label with the name of the fragrance has been attached. The neck wears a colorful "silk ribbon", which looks very nice and is a tribute to the spaghetti bracelets (also usable as hair ribbon) from Hermès. It is finished with a shiny black melon-shaped lid (i.e. the melon as a hat that Hermès sometimes shows in some fashion shows). A very nice bottle.

Soo, as already mentioned in the introduction, I don't think the Twilly is bad at all here. I have to admit that it is one of those fragrances that the world doesn't really need, because there should be at least 10000 fragrances that smell exactly the same, but the fragrance itself is very nice and beautiful. And if you don't know the 10000 scents, which smell so similar, then you could try this one from Hermès :D

Due to the increased sweetness it has a slight orientation towards autumn, but I would just classify it as an all-rounder, so that it could still be used for me at all seasons. It is a beautiful everyday fragrance that comes across as feminine and certainly also smells pleasant for others. This makes it very suitable for use as a scent. As I said, you can test it, even if it smells different than you might be used to from Hermès fragrances.

:DD
Ahh, what did I love that cartoon as a kid!!

Well, that's that again. I wish you all a nice evening :)
And I'm going to listen to the intro song of Pinky and the Brain on YouTube again... again!

Bitter scratchy soft elegance
Come on, I've known you for a long time!
At first I thought I sprayed Knot from Bottega Veneta. Although the two scents have no similarities in the scent pyramid, at least the top note is not identical in direct comparison, but very similar.
Both fragrances show this wonderfully bitter, sharp scratchiness, and at least Twilly initially no trace of sweetness!

However, in a relatively short time Twilly becomes softer, more conciliatory, without losing his sharpness and he goes a little more in the direction of warm powderiness, but also without becoming pompous.
His initially noticed edges (which make him absolutely interesting) are still there even after a long time, but already a little grinded.

I cannot clearly identify ginger or tuberose, but there are still some secrets in this fragrance that do not appear in his pyramid.
Especially a clearly bitter- citric note makes me pull my hat off.

As I read, Twilly was created for the young Hermes customers, but Twilly is also a very elegant fragrance and I think it is more suitable for women who already know who they are and what they want than for a young girl
A very elegant fragrance that can also be worn in the office if not overdosed.
10.0 8.0 10.0 7.5/10

Edda32
With umbrella, charm and melon
In search of a new signature scent, a constant companion who suited me, an alter ego so to speak, I was wandering through the perfume departments of the small city as if through a nightlife. Had met there old friends and acquaintances. Jil Sander Sun, actually we never had anything to say to each other, she was always too conventional for me, too adapted...Or Kenzo Flower, once my best friend, but somehow we lived apart. I left her behind in her romantic naivety, had gone other ways, grown up...
And then there's Joop Le Bain, still the dress-up buzz in the purple acrylic sweater and with nude lipstick. And, oh, fright! All about Eve was also here, wearing a tattoo choker and a white crocheted sweater and camel boots. We met once in the dance school and immediately knew that we had nothing in common.
Also met some nice new ones...The Kenzo siblings Aqua and Air...Bright, light and cheerful both, Aqua with a flower in the hair, Air in the sheath dress, with geometric pattern. Maybe we'll go on vacation together sometime.

It was getting late and I had to get home soon. And then at the exit, she caught my eye... an apparition! Elegant and infinitely stylish at the same time, in a knee-length tweed coat, French cut under a red hippie hat, destroyed jeans, light sneakers and beautiful even without make-up. Wasn't that Carla Bruni's little sister? 'That's Twilly' they whispered to me. Someone introduced us. Twilly spoke with a deep, melodious voice. What she said had hand and foot. She spoke directly, but never unfriendly, so charming and also somewhat sexy with a French accent. She was an intellectual beauty, could charm, but also intimidate a little. Despite all her charm, she always remained a little distant. Her look was stylish with class, was never cheap, never intrusive, somehow retro, but still modern.
She was an artist, had a British father who had gone to school with Mick Jagger and a French mother. She grew up in Paris, where she studied at the Ecole de Beaux Arts, later in London. She had written and photographed for an independent art magazine. A scholarship enabled her to spend half a year in L.A., currently living with a friend in San Francisco and learning pottery.
Twilly as fragrance: The pyramid is rather flat, minimalistic, but very beautifully composed: Ginger spiciness in the top note is maintained throughout, is gently caressed by the tuberose, as the fragrance progresses the fragrance becomes warmer, somewhat powdery, somewhat soapy. I think it's wonderful that the spiciness lasts so long, which gives the fragrance a distinctive twist despite all the light sweetness. I think it's cool.
You have to be sparing with it, otherwise it becomes too heavy, through the sandalwood, almost an Oriental. This is more for autumn and winter. See tweed coat. For me, this is a fragrance that attracts and chicens even without a sophisticated 'outfit'.
And now my personal 'unfortunately': my husband doesn't like the scent at all. He's more of a fresh guy... Oh Menno...

Guys, good luck with Twilly and greetings!
Adieu!
7.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Little Monster
This smell is a little monster to me. It's in a bottle, just waiting to be carried by me. As soon as I spray the scent, it sticks to me, gets caught in my hair, sticks to my clothes and whispers quietly to me "Flatten them, don't put up with anything!
This fragrance is cheeky, selfish and self-confident. He doesn't care if it would be rude to start eating before everyone is at the table. He doesn't hold the door open for an unfriendly person and goes to the end himself. He does not offer the last piece of cake to the unloved aunts, but simply eats it. He sticks out the tongue of the naughty child at the supermarket checkout. He has already taken one or the other chocolate bar with him.... For me, the little monster TWILLY is the opposite of good and sweet. Twilly's motto is "flatten them - otherwise they will flatten you" this fragrance gives you the feeling of being selfish and ONLY thinking about yourself
7.0 5.0 5.0 6.5/10

You never told me
When I saw this perfume on the srugstore shelf and on the magazines , with its bowler hat shaped cap , I immediately thought to the famous movie with Alberto Sordi "Fumo di londra" and to the soundrack "you never told me". It's the spirit of London in a bottle : " swinging" but always traditional, modern and ironic, but classic too.
The maison Hermes usally made me dream of the Paris avenues , but this story is different.
At the firts spray I smelled a cloud of fizzy ginger , then I perceived a very light tuberose note, not at all heavy, intoxicating or too ladylike, but very feminin, anyway. Unfortunately, there's no base in this scent and , at least on my skin, I didn't smell the sandalwood and it's a pity.
Simple and basic with its traid of notes, this fragrance could seem a little poor, but it's quite pleasant. Funny the bottle, although I was expecting something more from a prestigious Maison like Hermes. But obviously times change...
8.0 6.0 5.0 8.0/10

Hand tame band
One may think I am crazy, which is no big deal for me, but in the beginning Tilly d'Hermès reminds me of elastic plait straps soaked with chlorinated water, which one tried to loosen from one's hair with difficulty, after one emerged as a little girl from the floods of the urban open-air swimming pool. A thoroughly grotesque impression, somehow synthetic and slightly prickly. This initial impression is quite comforting for me, but only in fractions of a second.
The gentle spiciness of the ginger flirts here with the creamy tuberose in an idiosyncratic way. Flowery, citric, creamy and sharp cumulate to a refreshing but tame affair. Some tension only appears in the course when the sandalwood willingly releases its spice into the composition. The departure happens relatively quickly, ergo the durability is not worth mentioning and is therefore close to midfield. After about three hours I only hear the soft spicy sandalwood with a hint of ginger, unfortunately there is no trace of the fading tuberose.
Twilly doesn't reach ecstasy, doesn't set an example, doesn't get a tit in a triangle and can't trigger an apocalypse, but it's quite nice. Maybe too nice... but in a positive way.

Nice and different
What a gorgeous bottle! I like it very much. It invites you to smell what is inside.
The perfume opens with soft, fresh ginger. It is not a loud ginger, it is a quite one, ready to be open. After a while, tuberose makes its presence felt. It is not a sweet tuberose, it’s a spicy tuberose. A lovely flower mixed with oriental spices. All the composition is like an invitation in a garden full of tuberoses and spices where their smells intertwine.
The dry-down is tuberose sweetened by sandalwood with a hint of ginger.
Twilly is a beautiful and elegant, modern and classy at the same time. It smells comfortable on my skin. I am not part of the perfume target group and still like it. It is an optimistic and lively floral but I think it is for everyone.
Give it a try if you want something different. Nice!
6.0 6.0 8.0 5.5/10

StellaDiverF
Bracing ginger and commercial orange blossom floriental
Twilly opens with a spicy ginger, not so juicy as fresh ginger, nor is it overly woody like an aged ginger root. This is a ginger that's as much spicy as it's peppery, which links smoothly to tart, aromatic bergamot and green neroli.

The tuberose soon arrives at the front, flanked by sandalwood and tonka bean, and the ginger gradually blends into the woody background. The tuberose here is extremely pure and white, devoid of any indole or animalic nuance. Because of the grainy texture of sandalwood and tonka bean underneath, the tuberose isn't really creamy or buttery, either. It feels more like white clay to me.

Actually, the tuberose is so lacking its typical voluptuous characteristics, and because of the grainy-powdery texture and the presence of bergamot, Twilly initially smells very much like a constructed, commercial orange blossom accord to me. And after multiple wearing, I still feel this way if I don't make the effort to distinguish the different notes.

Afterwards, Twilly doesn't go through any major shift. The fragrance feels a bit more milky and more musky with time, as the sandalwood shares more weight in the dry down. There's also a spicy, hay-like nuance of tonka bean getting through occasionally, adding a somewhat masculine fougere boost to this floriental concoction.

Twilly projects moderately during most of its 10-hour longevity on my skin.

I would describe Twilly as a modernised, streamlined floriental, with ginger and orange blossom as major accords. It feels much more dense, more opaque, sweeter and warmer than most Hermès releases in the past ten years. Since it's Christine Nagel's first widely available, mainstream pillar fragrance in Hermès, a such rupture in style is totally understandable.

Because of its extremely clean, abstract treatment of tuberose, and its commercial sandalwood-tonka base, I'm indifferent towards Twilly. Yes, it's an overall pleasant warm orange blossom, and not as sweet as most gourmand and fruitchouli, but except for the initial ginger burst, the rest feels more or less standard, and doesn't stand out among other Hermès pillar fragrances, in my humble opinion.
9.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Cumulnimbus
Refreshing ginger meets happy tuberose
Beautiful, joyful and uplifting without being simple or super light. This is a great contemporary perfume for active people. Polished but not too strict. Intelligent but with a great sense of not cynical humor. I really like it.

I find it surprising that some people can't feel the ginger, to my nose a fresh just cut juicy ginger root is there on top from the very beginning into the base notes. I love it, I've been wanting to buy Sisley 3 for a while because of this fresh ginger, but here it is even better as it melts with soft fresh translucent tuberose. The sandalwood base is kept light too. And (this is great news) the fresh clean but not boring effect lasts and projects.

The only other perfume with a nice combo of ginger and tuberose that I know is the long lost Fragile by Jean Paul Gaultier, created back in 1999 by a very young Francis Kurkdjian, which of course I enjoy and admire. While Fragile is dense and has a spicy oriental base, Twilly preserves the freshness all the way, connecting with Hermes perfume aesthetics since ever. It is not only a Jean Claude Ellena's thing, if you think of many previous offerings of the house by other perfumers, the fresh effect was pursued long before Ellena's arrival. Think of Hiris or Amazone Eau de Fraicheur. I find most of Hermes perfumes fresh, even some of the classic are, my loved Caleche is much fresher and tart than other of its contemporary cousins. Of course there are a few exceptions like Parfum d'Hermes and Faubourg 24, but that is another story.

I'm so happy that Hermes finally decided to give a try to my favorite note, and that it has done it in a way that allows us tuberose lovers to find a new angle for enjoying it, one tuberose we can carelessly spray on for any daytime situation and season, totally inoffensive but full of personality.

Anessa 21 months ago
Could never stomach the sharp flavour of Fortnum&Masons' Old Fashioned Ginger biscuits. Thanks for the childhood flashbacks, Twilly.+2
Isocelle 2 years ago

by Lizzy89
by Lizzy89
by Flossgunde
by Flossgunde
Leider wurde ein viel schöneres Twillybild abgelehnt. Es ist in meinem Fotoalbum.
by Edda32
Leider wurde ein schöneres Twillybild abgelehnt. Es befindet sich in meinem Fotoalbum.
by Edda32
by Serlo
by Serlo
Das Model für die Kampagne heißt Peyton Knight, kommt aus den USA u. soll offenbar an Twiggy erinnern... ...
by Mörchen
by Mörchen
by Manuelag
by Manuelag
by Parfumaddict
by Parfumaddict

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Toit by Hermès Eau des Merveilles by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Un Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès Le Jardin de Monsieur Li by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Jour d'Hermès (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche by Hermès Un Jardin après la Mousson by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Twilly d'Hermès by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès