Un Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès

Un Jardin en Méditerranée 2003

HugoMontez
08.10.2021 - 06:40 PM

Summer love

One of my first "hidden gems" that i came across when I started my journey years ago was this fragrance. A masterful composition by one of my favorites Perfumers, mister Jean-Claude Ellena.

He arrived at Hermès in 2003, and the first fragrance that he created was this one. This is probably one of my favorite spring/summer fragrances and even after these years and hundreds of fragrances tested, this is still a staple and a must have in my collection. My girlfriend steal it sometimes, cause she loves it too.

So what it smells like? Basically, a fresh, green, Mediterranean breeze in a summer afternoon. It starts off with a tomato steam accord. Very bitter, green but, still, with juicy and fruity elements. There's a cypress note that helps accentuate the green aspect and some nuttiness that camera from nowhere. Some would say pistachio, but i don't smell that.

Above this, and as the perfume develope, the fig tree and the leafs came to play and make this even more summery and refreshing. A true Mediterranean feel.

I live in a place where Fig trees can easily be found and i also a big fan of the smell and the fruit itself. This, although not the perfect reinterpretation of the Fig theme, it's definitely in the top 10 and, as a fresh-green scent, is probably one of the best. I love all the facets. The green cypress and fig leafs, the nuttiness, the refreshing tomato steam accord, the overall summer afternoon feel. A very good company on a summer afternoon walk after beach.

If you don't know this fragrance and love fig trees and wish for summer holidays in Italy, test this one out. Grab your sunglasses, put on your favorite flip-flops, a tripped t-shirt and some shorts, close your eyes and enjoy the Mediterranean breeze that this fragrance creates in the air.

Just a sidenote, the performance is not the greatest but it's decent. 5-6h with good projection in the first hour.

4/5

PS: I would give it a 5* rating but we have to be honest, objetive and unbiased. A very recommended one and my favorite from the line, with Un Jardin Sur Le Nil being a very close second.

Latest Reviews

HugoMontezHugoMontez 1 month ago
Zino (Eau de Toilette) - Davidoff

Zino (Eau de Toilette) Smooth and creamy woody-spicy
Sometimes we see fragrances making a comeback due to hype or similarities to a new fragrance. That's what happened with Zino. A forgotten piece of work that i accidentally came across with a sample that i bought years ago just for curiosity. Zinc...

HugoMontezHugoMontez 1 month ago
Spicebomb - Viktor & Rolf

Spicebomb Sweet spices for men
I really like this one. The best from the brand, imo. Extreme is a good vanilla-cinnamon bomb but the OG has more going on. I like this fresh spices on top of a tobacco leaf and cedar. Although very spicy, it's not a Spice Bomb per say. It's...