Un Jardin sur la Lagune 2019

Un Jardin sur la Lagune by Hermès
Bottle Design Box Illustration: Safet Zec
Un Jardin sur la Lagune is a perfume by Hermès for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-aquatic. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Christine Nagel

Woody notesWoody notes Sea breezeSea breeze PittosporumPittosporum Madonna lilyMadonna lily MagnoliaMagnolia

Submitted by Psotka, last update on 25.07.2022.

RaniJuli
A very special summer scent
I bought "Jardin sur la Lagune" on the spur of the moment before our summer vacation.

Actually, I'm not the type for impulse purchases with fragrances - but what wafted me here from the bottle, put me in the holiday mood before we had even arrived at our destination.

In fact, I had been on the lookout for a nice salty-aquatic yet floral scent for quite some time.
In the case of "Jardin sur la Lagune", this feat has been very successful for my nose!
I sniff out gentle white flowers, subtle greenery, dry wood and - very prominent but still not biting - sea saltiness.
The overall impression is surprisingly warm and "spicy" in a diffuse way.

Unlike the other fragrances in the Jardin series (I also own and love Un Jardin sur le Toit), Lagoon Garden has no fruity or tart-fresh hints for me.
However, I don't feel this is a negative in any way, but a welcome addition to a wonderful series.

And one thing connects "Un Jardin sur la Lagune" then but with its siblings: Although it is an eau-de-toilette concentration, the fragrance holds on my skin fantastic!
He accompanies me about 6-7 hours and is also perceived by my (very critical) environment quite long and positive. :)

All in all: I am very happy to be able to include such a beautiful summer fragrance in my collection!
another (special) Hermes garden
When I read the reviews of the garden in the lagoon, I thought okay, there seem to suffer yes the little noses some aberrations. Funny, I find this fragrance just mega good. A unisex - fragrance I see but rather with the ladies.
When I spray it on I smell first magnolia and bran quite present in the foreground and the Madonna lily delicately with it. Then he melts with my skin and enters into a symbiosis. It smells incredibly special and totally beautiful.
The fragrance is not green or citrusy, nor fresh or aquatic or sweet.

It's more like: after a swim in the lagoon;the salt water has dried on my skin, I'm sitting in a cafe in Venice and the sun is beating down. The sea breeze brings the scent of the trees in bloom. I'm sweating, the salt on my skin working with the sun, a hint of sunscreen still there. The water from the sea bobs up and down an old wooden jetty. With the breeze from the sea comes the smell of damp, salty wood.

I actually still had it on me the next morning. However, after about 10 h it actually smells to me like the base of Jovan Musk Oil although the fragrance tree have no matches.
For me, this garden of Hermes is a dream. The could even become my signature fragrance
Green
Slightly sweaty at the sea
I just happened to see that there is a new fragrance from the Hermès Garden range (okay, "new", by now it's already two years old again) and, after cross-reading the reviews here, was very curious: "romantic but weird", "warm", summer but not typical summer and "for people who (...) maybe like a bit weird fragrances"? Please yes!

My everyday fragrance for over eight years is "Un Jardin sur le Nil". It almost always goes, also "Voyage d'Hermès" (eau de toilette and perfume). The other garden fragrances were all not my cup of tea, too woody-crass (Méditerranée), too light-dusty-crass (sur le Toit), too cardboardy (Monsieur Li) and so on. So I was a bit skeptical, but had a good feeling at the same time. And have not been disappointed!

Trying fragrances in pandemic times is also such a thing: I went with FFP2 mask in the perfumery around the corner and asked for a spray on the arm and one on a test strip, I smelled both afterwards in a side street around the corner (probably looked a bit strange). What I smelled matched my suspicions that we might be in for something, although (or because) sur la Lagune is so different from my previous scents, very floral-body-warm, not at all as cerebral-green-grassy as, say, Nile Garden.

When I got home some time later, the scent had already arrived at a very physical-salty-woody base note that somehow smelled slightly sweaty, someone here described it as a "lived-in scent" and that sums it up very well. I was so flashed by the scent that I bought it immediately, only to keep sniffing it skeptically (does it really fit?) (Yes!).

For me, sur la Lagune is definitely a Hermès garden scent, giving a woody (but slightly softer-woody) hand to Méditerranée and a slightly dusty one to sur le Toit. It smells familiar and foreign at the same time, which is probably what makes it so exciting to me.

It's a truly unisex scent, for brave people of any gender, it starts with very distinct florals and ends with equally distinct sweated saltwood. It lasts eight hours or more on me, and I'm very happy to have discovered it now (the beginning of summer 2021) of all times. It fits perfectly. Thanks to the reviewers here, without you I would have neither noticed nor tried it.
Unusually beautiful Hermes garden
2019
My statement was, "Ghastly synthetic. Nothing fresh, at best chemical floral fresh with some warmth and chlorine accord. Overall regrettable."

I was downright horrified by Un Jardin sur la Lagune at the time. It was Hermes, the Jardin range and not worthy of a second test. For two years I punished him with contempt.

2021
I found myself the other day with my mother in a well-stocked Müller drugstore. We first tried a little through the mainstream assortment (Guerlain, Issey, Elie Saab, Chanel... everything you can find in Müller) and ended at the Hermes shelf.

Since my sister is a big fan of Un Jardin sur le Nil and I like both the en Mediterranee and après la Mousson very much, my mother wanted to test the remaining Jardin Flakons.
Willing and unsuspecting, I sprayed her with the scents on test strips and gave her some background information on the gardens.
My mother's verdict was clear: La Lagune is, along with Sur le Nil, the best fragrance in the Jardin range.

Wait, what??

I took the fragrance strips from her somewhat incredulously. La Lagune wafted a salty, floral scent towards me. My nose searched for the negative impression of two years ago, but found neither the chemical nor the slightly sweaty note of that time again.
Now La Lagune seemed more like a mix of Eau des Merveilles (salty, woody, noble Hermes DNA) and Frederic Malle Dans tes Bras (strange, intimate cashmeran). Overall, though, more lovely and with florals. My scent impressions were:
- Warm, salty skin
- Magnolia and lily
- Driftwood
- Fresh and somewhat aquatic marine accord
- Rather dense than airy
- Interesting

We both sprayed the scent on and wanted to give it time on the skin. After 20 minutes, we moved towards the checkout with a bottle.

I can't say what's different this time around compared to 2019, or maybe La Lagune just seems exceptional compared to other perfumes from the miller (the boring over-sweetness of Mon Guerlain, the pandering of Coco Mademoiselle Intense, the umpteenth fresh scent à la A Drop d'Issey...). But even without comparison scents, the fragrance fills a rarely occupied fragrance gap.

Lagoon is romantic, but also a bit weird. Not sweet, but very unisex. It's an Hermes Garden, but seems more "perfumey" than its siblings. Not a typical summertime freshener. He radiates a comforting seclusion.

Conclusion: Sometimes it is worthwhile to test fragrances over time again!
Magnolias galore...
Some apps are really worth their weight in gold....thanks to my translator, I now know the name of the scent: a garden by the lagoon...well then, I'm not really any smarter, I've never been to a garden like that.

With the very first spray, it transports me to an avenue of magnolia trees in a nearby spa town.
The air is filled with the scent of these beautiful, if unfortunately short-lived flowers.
I feel the fragrance as linear, as it changes only towards drydown.
Then the time of the flowers is over and a light salty aroma remains.

A very elegant, feminine fragrance that I can imagine very well on the well-heeled ladies of this spa town.

Sillage: with not restrained Aufsprühen for a good hour neat.
Durability: after two hours only very weak

ScentedFawn
Come with me for a journey
After a thorough search for an uplifting but at the same time sensual fragrance for warm days I arrived at "Un jardin sur la lagune".

The garden:
at first spray there is an elegant lemony facet, I will have to distinguish lemony from citrus-y here, because this lemon is not fizzy or sharp. It is a white floral-infused, delicate lemon, the reason being that it comes from the lemon-nuanced petals of the magnolia. Very soon the white floral aspects intensify as the pittosporum with its jasmine shades appears and blends with the magnolia. The lily is not that obvious to me.

The lagoon:
about the marine accord, there is a sea breeze aura that captures the scents of the lemony magnolia and pittosporum and spreads them around you. Again this aura is different from other marine notes I've encountered, it's not that salty, it feels like sun rays reflecting on the sea and like the wind that has captured salt and sand at the same time.

And then as time soothes the "edges" and warms the blend the woody, aromatic base gives to the blend another dimension. Through all its wear there is a scent you get in the surface and another one coming from somewhere deep. I applied the perfume the night before and could not stop getting wafts of a multidimensional aromatic blend as I was waking up this morning.

This is an amazing fragrance. Definitely has the Hermes DNA, a bit of Caleche edt in here too, it is elegant, long lasting and worthy of its name which makes me dream of places with light blue waters, mediterranean flowers and gardens near the coast not as I have seen them or even smelled them but as I imagined them as a child.

I really hope there are people that will get what I am getting from this.
DonnaNobile
The divine garden of paradise
I must now also comment positively on this fragrance, because I am very surprised about the many deterrent comments. This proves once again that fragrances can actually develop extremely differently on the skin, of course, apart from the different tastes. I came to this perfume through a fragrance sample that was included in my blind order of Nuxe Prodigieuse. This fragrance, however, I found quite terrible.

I don't actually have a good so-called "fragrance skin". I find many fragrances hold on my skin unfortunately not very good and develop differently than I expected. But here the perfume seems to enter into a benevolent symbiosis with my skin. It smells very subtle, elegant and anything but musty or brackish on me. As mentioned here before, it clearly stands out from the other fragrances in the range such as sur le Nil, which I also like though. I can clearly smell the woody and salty seawater here. I like both very much, but often woody scents are too harsh for me. Here, however, it is very soft and rather feminine as I find, perhaps by the magnolia and the slight sweetness of the Madonna lily, the sunscreen component I also like very much.

The durability is also okay with me with almost 8 hours and the silage not too lush but perfectly adequate. The fragrance gives me a sense of well-being and I find it clean and delicately caressing. I would want to wear it in summer as well as winter. I'm glad anyway, this beautiful fragrance to have found, I was just looking for just as a warm, delicately creamy fragrance.
The icing on the cake
The hubby does not like to accompany me to perfume purchases, which is a pity, because he has an excellent " Riecher ".

Lightly, surely and as the ONLY one he recognized the star fruit in a fragrance quiz of Coty.
The laymen were amazed and the experts wondered.
He was eyed reverently from many corners of the eye at the fragrance fair.

I can always rely on his scent taste, too.
But to the Christmas scent gift he accompanies me.
It's a nice tradition.

So I headed in a buying mood also the Hermes booth - because I own many of the fragrances of this label - and they also do not tarnish at the consort.

I recognize in Lagune immediately the Hermes signature - and feel reminded of sur le nil - but here it seems to be more about a stagnant water - a fresh sea breeze I do not recognize.
The Nile lies somewhat hazy in the mist - and exhales a vaporous dampness.
The floral notes also seem somehow clammy.
This lagoon flows into a dim cave , in which it drips from the ceiling - and wet wood drifts ahead.

Irritated I look in the direction of hubby, who frowns and asks me what I thought of Hermes planning crocodile farms - on a grand scale - for handbags and belts.
Startled, I almost drop the bottle.
That info was icing on the cake.

This strange fragrance had not done it to me anyway - the background information on Hermes even less.
Hermes is done for me.
LaPerleNoire
It's just the name doesn't quite fit.
Maybe one of those fragrances that are simply misunderstood... admittedly - in my opinion it doesn't fit into the family of the Un-Jardin series.
Hermès, on the other hand, does - a very elegant fragrance, which is never intrusive and yet unique. I have fallen in love suddenly !
Synthetics, on the other hand, you have to like, otherwise you won't be happy here. Definitely he is not green, herbal, citric like his siblings.
Reminds me of holidays, before visiting the beach just to the café around the corner, before that a fragrance was put on. After the bath the salt is dried on the skin, with traces of the perfume applied in the morning. Somehow a lived-in scent, that smells as if it had been on the skin for so long that it has become a part of it. And all this with a distinct skin accord.
The durability is quite good for me, 6-8 h it is clearly perceptible and also projects properly. Absolutely unisex, I wear it myself as a woman and would like to smell it on a man.
I can understand the opinions about sultry, sweaty notes, but I find this sexy. And so that no wrong impression is created - when I say summer and holidays I am not talking about coconut and white flowers. There is no sun lotion here.
Rather a summer scent for people who like unconventional (maybe a bit strange) scents. After notes of saltwater rotten wood, seaweed and notes of fine flowers. As usual for Hermès, this is a luxury jetty - elegant and expensive ;)
When I think about it, the association with Venice fits quite well..
Not so bad...
Despite the many bad reviews here...amazingly, I get asked about the fragrance every time I wear it. It definitely goes down very well with women and develops pleasantly softly in drydown.
However, I cannot associate a lagoon with it.
For me it is soapy, salty, tart and flowery and attracts positive attention.
By the way, I only discovered it that way because I noticed it and I asked a nice woman in the street what scent she was wearing

TombbbTombbb 2 years ago
Seems unpleasant at firtst, it gains a second life on drydown. Milky cream notes and salt remind me of mediterranean lagoon. Unisex
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
A light and refreshing delight to wear in the hottest days, soft and feminine but quite evanescent. Very refined the bottle. High price.

by MadameLegras
In die Lagune gefallen ....
Für Fresh - Verschleiß im Grill
by Plexuiq
by Plexuiq
by Merveille73
by Merveille73
by LaPerleNoire
by LaPerleNoire

Popular by Hermès

Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès Terre d'Hermès Eau Givrée by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Calèche (Soie de Parfum) by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès