Voyage d'Hermès (2012) Parfum

Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès
Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Hermès for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Amber, Juniper berry, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 19.07.2019

5.0 6.0 8.0 9.0/10

Late bloomer!
Why did Voyage pass me by so completely? I can only explain it by the fact that he is predominantly, by the way completely wrongly, to be found only on the men's shelf ..... or because the flacon is not my case at all! Actually, I'm not impressed. Anyway, late bloomer, but really sorry I didn't have it on my screen.

All the more beautiful our first encounter. I was looking for something extraordinary, sunny, fluffy and uncomplicated. Okay, he's not uncomplicated. But he grabbed me. I find the composition of the scents really ingenious, dreamlike and captivating.

The prelude is lemony fresh and cheerful. In the course of time it develops woody, warm, rosy, enveloping and at no time aftershave moderately. I find him clearly unisex but definitely incredibly well suited for the female race. It also develops completely differently on my skin than it does on my husband. With him he rather goes in the super citric direction, with me he gets creamy warm.

A fragrance without equal.
He makes me happy.

The silage is rather mediocre, which is okay. You don't want to attract much attention with this fragrance. Although I think it's going down pretty well. At least I'm often asked.
The shelf life is okay at approx. 5-6 hours.

I think this will be my new treasure for now. Let's see what time brings.

9.0 7.0 9.0 8.0/10

Gold
Once at Hafez' grave read poems from the divan
Everything has probably already been said about "Voyage d'Hermès" - and yet today I would like to write a small, very personal commentary on this extraordinary perfume. My "pre-commentator" formulated it so aptly: "Just write that this scent is horny."
Today I will simply write what story I associate with him and why I am giving him to myself this year for Christmas.
Normally I don't take part in competitions, but in 2010 I read an advertisement for Voyage d'Hermès, accompanied by a call to write a poem on the subject of travel. Since I really like the brand and the advertising campaign appealed to me, I wrote a few lines in which I left out my personal associations and travel dreams.
Without long thinking I clicked on "send".
2010 was also the year in which the owner of Hermès died. Strangely enough, on the same day as my own father, May 1. I read the short news of the death of the Hermès boss a few days after his death in the "Spiegel". Strange coincidence. You remember things like that, of course.

Around the beginning of June 2010 the postman rang my doorbell and brought me a very noble looking parcel from France.
"Funny," I thought, "I didn't order anything...?"
The sender was the company Hermès, Paris. Could it be that I've won something?
And really: My poem about my travel dreams had earned me a prize. 100 ml Voyage d'Hermès in a refillable travel bottle plus refill and storage bag, plus a letter from Hermès... on beautiful paper in one of my favorite languages, en français.
Do I have to mention that this was the first time I won anything in a competition? Yes! I also have to add that I love cardamom... that the scent contains a lot of it, that I like it so much just because of that...
And the travel dream?
It refers to the distant land where my father was born.
For 2019 I wish I could get to know this country once in my life.
That's why I bought the perfume from Voyage.
It's a little less tangy than the eau de toilette and sweeter in the drydown. In addition, the smaller bottle is more handy and can be taken along wonderfully on a journey.
Dreams are worth realizing. In 2019 I will do exactly what I imagined in my poem. There can only be one perfume that travels with me to my father's country: "Voyage d'Hermès."

6.0/10

The melancholy of Jean-Claude Ellena
I have nothing but admiration for the work of Jean-Claude Ellena. Many of his fragrances are my favorites and the artistic aesthetic he sets forth in his book ‘Perfume: The Alchemy of Scent’ resonates through my life as a musician.
So it should be no surprise that when I come across something in his work I find wanting, it’s very disappointing. Two of his fragrances in particular, Un jardin en Méditerranée (previously reviewed) and, the subject of this review, Voyage d'Hermès Parfum, bewilder me. It’s not because they’re terrible or artless. Not at all. In fact, when you spritz them on, both fragrances open with top note gardens of incredible beauty; redolent of florals, citrus and greenery. It’s an incredible experience. However, just as these gardens reach their peak, they begin to wither, becoming sad, melancholy vestiges of all their initial promise.
Voyage d'Hermès retains it’s sweetness a bit longer than Un Jardin, about 20 minutes or so, but it decays, nonetheless, into the same predominately dry fig accord. Even then it’s not a bad scent, just a little sad.
Having said that, I love melancholy as an aspect of beauty in music and visual art. But I have yet to find a fragrance that gives me the same emotional experience of "beautiful melancholy" -joy and sadness- that I would want to wear.
Oh, by the way, Voyage d'Hermès is one of the coolest perfume bottles ever designed. I'm tempted to buy it just to have the bottle!

KingPin 147 days ago
Imagine making an exquisite soup. When doing final seasoning, the lid comes off the pepper mill over the soup. This is Voyage d’Hermès.+2
5.0
3.5
JoaoMartins 10 months ago
Gorgeous creamy perfume. Spicy yet no sharp, the cardamon and pink pepper(?) are dominant laid on a smooth woody base (sandalwood?)+1
5.0

by Nyze29
by Gürteltier
by Gürteltier

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Toit by Hermès Eau des Merveilles by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Un Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès Le Jardin de Monsieur Li by Hermès Jour d'Hermès (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Parfum) by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Un Jardin après la Mousson by Hermès Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Twilly d'Hermès by Hermès