H24 by Hermès
Bottle Design Philippe Mouquet
H24 is a new perfume by Hermès for men and was released in 2021. The scent is green-fresh. Pronunciation

Christine Nagel

Clary sageClary sage
Narcissus absoluteNarcissus absolute
RosewoodRosewood
Sclarene

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 19.09.2021.

Matux
Soft and discreet floral blend for men...
that can be easily worn by women.

I cannot detect the clairy sage, the narcisus and the rosewood are easier to perceive... to a point. The feeling to the nose is that of fresh topnotes followed by soft floral accords staying close to the skin for the rest of the journey.

It is a nice composition than does not play along the criteria of offerings by other houses or even what is in fashion nowadays.
FelixParfumo
Necessary? Probably not, but it is good.
Yay my first review on Parfumo!

I chose H24 as my companion on my arm today. It starts fresh, sweet, clean, herbaceous. It develops just slightly. The initial sweetness lasts until the drydown. It's not as present at the end though. In my opinion, if you know Bottega Veneta Illusione, you don't need to buy H24 and vice versa. H24 is very green. Herbaceous, fresh, a little sweet. Bottega Veneta Illusione does not have the sweetness of H24 but (in my opinion) the exact same "herbaceousness" and the same green qualities.

Nevertheless, a wonderfully fresh, clean, clearly structured fragrance. Holds meanwhile 5 hours, but projects only Hautnah.

Class fragrance, but unfortunately little unique selling point.

Greetings to the perfume community. :)

Doctorflower
Strong fresh scent for jogging in the forest
Woody fresh and strong! It is clear, and yet I find that it has something light, which is again lifted by the metallic, which he also still has, on a more unusual level. It's interesting and complex. When you're in the park, it comes alive. I can't really place the sillage and longevity. Maybe you spray it instead of the skin also on the clothes.

PerfumePL
More interesting than it seems
After much expectation Hermès has launched H24, they have defined it as the fragrance of contemporary man, at first I think it can disappoint, mainly because many of the people who most eagerly awaited it are admirers of the work done with Terre d´Hermes. What is the problem? Terre is ripe, elegant, earthy, with sweeter citrus, H24 is more youthful, more casual, fresher.
At first smell it may seem like a fragrance that smells good, but does not add anything new.
However, after trying it more, I don't think so. I think they have done something that carries some risk.
Make a fairly unisex fragrance and define it as the new men's trend.
This fragrance has an important floral component. That itself is so well balanced and so well accompanied that it does not stand out and is quite camouflaged. It has a Citrus part, a green part, with very elegant and soft woods such as rosewood and a metallic touch with the clarity that gives it the modern point so in trend.
In my opinion it is original, different from the typical. It smells very good and it is one of those that is hooking you and in my opinion it is going to win the hearts of the public little by little. Time will tell...

MajorTom
Better is the enemy of good
When a brand like Hermes once such a successful fragrance like Terre (plus the successively launched in recent years Flanker) has launched, the expectations of a completely new work are naturally high.

The question I asked myself in the run-up to the test: Did the Swiss perfumer do herself a favor in accepting this commission, or is there nothing to lose compared to a work like Terre?

Sure, Terre and H24 have as little in common as apples and pears other than the fact that both are, well, perfumes for men. And of course it's not fair to compare the two in any way. But just, the bar and thus also the expectation - at least for me - was simply high.

To anticipate it, to filter out the individual components of the fragrance pyramid, I find enormously difficult. As it is difficult for me at all to describe the fragrance as objectively as possible. Which, in case of doubt, is not really to be seen as positive. But from the beginning.
The prelude I find quite fresh, with a woody-tart note, quite pleasing. The top note lasts with me so good 1 1/2 hours, before then a twist begins in the negative. At first harmless, I find the woody notes becoming more concise, but at the same time something synthetic mixes in, which I find rather unpleasant. Overall, a green also emerges, which further transforms the fragrance in an astringent direction.
After about five hours then only a slight hint of sage hangs on my skin, perceptible but only in direct nose-wrist contact. This chemical-synthetic something also remains still perceptible.

And so my conclusion ultimately turns out very ambivalent. On the one hand, you notice, the fragrance is not one of the bar, no mass-produced goods, of the ingredients at least partly quite high-quality and professionally arranged just as high quality. On the other hand, I dislike this synthetic addition (which reminded me in the very first moment of Ambroxan) and the drydown, which seems to me for a product of this class unharmonious and thus simply not suitable.

Interesting: With quite a few in the last few weeks of me tested fragrances I immediately received comments, in whatever direction, but thus a proof of a perceptible sillage. With H24: Completely missing. Not even at a distance of less than two meters anyone took notice, and these were the same people who usually immediately comment on everything that comes under my nose (and thus also theirs). Durability as described above, after five hours only a delicate hint remains on my skin, too little for my taste. Finally, the bottle is okay, but does not pull me out of the chair. Nicely made, visually and haptically okay, but without really shining.
Basically a perfume for the warmer season, from my point of view from all-day, occasion-independent and suitable for any age group, despite the sorting into the male corner I could even imagine ladies as carriers.

So H24 leaves me at the end of the day somewhat disappointed, which is certainly also due to my (obviously too high) expectation. To create a second Terre and thus a second monumental classic, does not succeed just like that and certainly not with each new attempt. A fragrance that, in sum, is too little green, too little fresh, too little woody for me to represent a top dog in its respective corner. Fairly, but also a fragrance that will find its supporters, especially among fans of the Hermes label, which naturally, influenced by the fundamentally positive attitude ggü. the brand, my comments will probably rather not be able to understand and / or want.

A special fragrance, which is definitely worth a test.

Thank you for reading and all still a wonderful summer 2021!
Eisregen25
Uniquely different, but really well done....
Since I do not make blind purchases, a sample was first ordered here. And the surprise was of course great, because the fragrance is simply outstanding. Fresh, green spicy and especially he has nothing in common with Terre d'hermes. (nothing against the fragrance, I love him) What completely independent and especially something new has succeeded here. I mean, everyone expected something in the direction of Terre. ( at least I did). Could also go through as a niche, because I know nothing comparable. So who is looking for something unique which is also long lasting and affordable can confidently access here.
Insect spray
To me, the new Hermes H24 smells 1:1 like a bug spray. Maybe with a little more synthetic apple...exactly, an apple-flavored insect spray.

Since I'm probably the only one who thinks so, I'd rather not give a rating....
Jc9
Nice woody-spicy scent that is too short-lived for an office scent
Looking at H24's fragrance pyramid can make your mouth water: Muscat sage is one of my favorite spices. On Christmas Eve, I always cook stuffed pasta in sage butter with parmesan for my family. H24's rosewood smells classy and is apparently sustainably grown too. I love woodsy, spicy scents. And it's a nice change of pace that H24's wood component isn't cedar. Somehow, narcissus is also nicely woven into the scent texture without H24 being overly powdery or floral, just natural to this point.

Let's move on to the synthetic Sclarene that actually smells like freshly ironed laundry. It takes a bit of getting used to, but provides a nice metallic contrast to the natural components. When I think of freshly ironed, I first think of an office-appropriate scent, and it certainly is that in terms of composition. Just the steadiness I expect from such an office scent, H24 is completely lacking on my skin to see me through the workday. It certainly doesn't last until the afternoon, not until lunch break and unfortunately not even until the first coffee break. After 6-7 spritzes in the morning, I asked my wife at 10am if she detected any scent left on me. She didn't. I don't regret buying the beautiful H24 bottle, which is gorgeous in the hand. Even if it is possible in principle, I will probably not refill the bottle.
aʃ vɛ̃tkatʁ
The eighth letter is high in the race with perfume to lead the longest as well as shortest names: Hermann à mes Côtés me Paraissait une Ombre, H24, Perfumer 'H'. At [haː] Twenty-four, I think of the ubiquitous 24 of auto, immo and always-ready scouts, of Jonathan Crary's entertaining essay on the quantification of sleep: '24/7: Late Capitalism and the Ends of Sleep'. And now the 24 at Hermès, that is, again, since there is also 24, Faubourg. House number perfumes can be quite successful - see the 31 Rue Cambon eau de toilette - although I'd find this one a touch better if it was just called Chanel No. 31. With this Hermes' house number 24, though, I'm not sure if a longer name, might have improved the scent.

Like other fellow observers, I quickly had to think of another 'H' perfume. Higher by Dior with its somewhat showery pear, the eternal return of the decades, 2001 / 2021, the bottle of H 24 also points roughly to that date. H 24 is sleeker and greener, the fruitiness a little more exotic, without associating with concrete fruit, and in warm weather the whole thing makes a clear turn after about 2 hours whereby then the listed 'molecule' comes to speak. That Hermès, the Parisian artisto house par excellence is now also going for molecular name-dropping is logical, and an about-face from the haiku-like Ellena's enigmas of Hermèssences. Irons and dry cleaning are occasions for olfactory jour de fête every few years, though the olfactory profile of these establishments has changed, the hot iron at Grandma's was a different composition than that of the 24/7 dry cleans of major cities and different countries. The Parisian iron steam accord: related to Roucel's metallic Symrise aldehyde accord from Andy Warhol's You're In. On paper, fabric, or Hermès menswear, this progression from fruit to vapor is much more delicate and extended than on my skin.

In the flood of soft power marketing that Hermès has instigated, you can also find (...still, look for internal use) four official training videos under the search term 'Hermes H24 training'. Most amusing if you want to hear it all again in a different way or have any doubts about the originality of aʃ vɛ̃tkatʁ.

For a reason not yet entirely clear to me, H 24 also makes me think of something else, and almost opposite, from Hermès: Rocabar, a great fragrance that at the time also attempted a kind of rejuvenation of the precise trail laid with Equipage and Bel Ami. The big change in direction came a few years after that, and I'm curious which way H 24 will lead. And another site: if you like the combination of modern fruitiness plus a prominent molecule, you might also be interested in a completely different perfume, originally also short-named: Bat by Ellen Convoy, or now available under the slightly longer name naɪt ˈflaɪə.

Taurus1967
It's all a question of expectations
Hooray - Hermès has once again launched a new fragrance for men. This is definitely exciting news and accordingly, quite a few expectations are tied to this traditional house. Above all, a comparison is immediately drawn with the high-flyer Terre d'Hermès, which is now one of the iconic fragrances and has flushed a lot of thalers into the coffers.

And since there are plenty of it Flanker and Flankesflanker, it is quite legitimate to dare what new and to put on the legs. After all, TdH is not discontinued, but only the portfolio expanded. And anyone who is a little bit involved with fragrance houses or brands will know that there is a certain core competence behind it. At Hermès, which is also one of the big players like Chanel, Dior (belongs to LVMH), YSL (belongs to Kering S.A.), Guerlain (LVMH) and Prada and Armani (licensing agreement with L'Oreal), which press H24 with great advertising effort in the market, the core competence is rather found in the fresher fragrances.

A gourmandigen seducer will hardly anyone expect from this brand - at least for the mainstream area. The m. E. quite appealingly made commercial promises a modern innovative fragrance with urban as well as natural and thus slightly contradictory features with some freshness character. At least that's how I would interpret the clip. In the way related to TdH and relatively suitable for the brand or Corparte Identity and thanks to refillable bottle and cardboard box made of recycled material quite in the sign of sustainability.

But let's finally get to the fragrance. H24 is independent enough that I can not spontaneously think of a fragrance twin or similarities to other mainstreamers. It comes in its relatively linear way mercilessly green, a little floral and above all spicy, with a lot of said classic clary sage, a hint of tart to delicately acidic notes and if you press your nose (which you really shouldn't) to the sprayed back of your hand, a few scattered almost sweet-syrupy fruit impressions come across. In between, a mixture of metallic coolness and woody warmth with synthetic borrowings, which one can tolerate, however, without them chumming or cheap.
And no, H24 does not stand for 24 hours of durability or 24 meters of semicircular projection. There this eau de toilette behaves to the disappointment of some kids quite normal.

So H24 isn't an internal pretender to the throne, copying TdH or getting in the way, but it's also not a direct competitor to Sauvage, even if they'd love to match its sales numbers. But it definitely shows more edge than Bleu de Chanel or Y by YSL, though I have my doubts it can reach the latter's status. Don't begrudge him, yes I definitely would.

In any case, my expectations were met, because H24 embodies a modern fragrance with traditional charm. In addition, he fits perfectly into the portfolio of Hermès and to the seasons of spring, summer and possibly still autumn.

For the winter I would probably prefer something from the house of Prada, because cozy fragrances for the cold season ... that can the - and that would be my expectation towards them.

MatuxMatux 29 days ago
Soft, discreet and classy Summer and Spring floral blend for boys and girls.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 1 month ago
Very well done. Very unique but at the same time fresh and mass appealing! Superb for office situations for all ages.
KingPinKingPin 5 months ago
Fresh, a tad green, quite similar to Note di Colonia I from Acqua di Parma. I like it, but not superwow like it.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 5 months ago
Very clean scent, office friendly. H24 is green, fresh, floral and a bit woody in the drydown. The performance is awful on my skin.
GuapoGuapo 5 months ago
The dry down is very similar to Lauder for Men (Estee Lauder).
ElysiumElysium 5 months ago
Oh man, this is the scent I go nuts for! Mineral, herbal, it fougêre, and green, it shocked me on par with Terre d'Hermes.
DPArtistDPArtist 6 months ago
Very nice fresh scent, feels like a modern twist on an older herbal theme, I find this scent a paradox - both energizing and relaxing!
JFP26JFP26 6 months ago
Modern versatile fruity scent. Easy to like. Good performance with soft silage. Outside I get some pear whiffs here and there. Good scent!
Nik604Nik604 6 months ago
Finally Hermes goes gender bender... boring, I'll stick to Intense Vetiver.
OmardoOmardo 7 months ago
A bit disappointed. it's not like any other fresh men fragrance, but too similar to them.the designer freshness is there and I don't like it

by Chrisniburg
by Bowser
by Zauber600
by Zauber600

Popular Hermès

Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Calèche (Soie de Parfum) by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Concentré de Pamplemousse Rose by Hermès