H24 by Hermès
Bottle Design Philippe Mouquet
H24 is a new perfume by Hermès for men and was released in 2021. The scent is fresh-green. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Christine Nagel

Clary sageClary sage Narcissus absoluteNarcissus absolute RosewoodRosewood SclareneSclarene

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 19.05.2022.

H for Hors Catégorie
It's almost as if Christine Nagel is hell bent on breaking with Hermès traditions; this one feels rather cold, metallic, cerebral. Yes, H24 is original; daring even, given the Ellena legacy. But perhaps this is more of a perfumer's perfume, like there are writer's writers.
Obviously, the quality of ingredients and blending is there. Still, this is rather a far cry from the various Merveilles, and even more so from the subtle and poetic Jardins. Actually, one look at the unattractive bottle shape, and you just know this will be a departure from the soothing songs of scent that Hermès is known for. To be blunt: H24, to me, smells like an upmarket men's shower gel. Poor projection, sillage and longevity don't really help either. Oh well, perhaps it'll grow on me. Let's wait until spring and find out. For now, it is somewhat of an all-too-modern oddity that holds little attraction for me.

-----

* H24 revisited: spring 2022

Well, well. As it turns out, the Nagel composition of H24 is not entirely devoid of Ellena's touch after all. Far more noticeable now than in winter is the green component, for example. During the first hour, hour-and-a-half or so, there's not only the clary sage from the pyramid that's very prominent and refreshing, but also - to my nose anyway - the presence of the freshest tomato plant stems, even if they are not listed. A big plus. In this milder, in-between weather the fragrance on the whole seems to be less cold and aloof, too.
Sillage, alas, remains astonishingly poor for a Hermès perfume. Then again, even a generous few sprays of Un Jardin Après La Mousson tend to be hardly more than a skin scent on me, while vanishing into nowhere at lightning pace. Curiously enough, this is not the case with Un Jardin Sur Le Nil. Not a bit less strange is the fact that H24's longevity has significantly improved.
Even though its positive seasonal twists and turns do not warrant a full bottle purchase for me, I now find H24 to be actually wearable - in springtime. There's a fair chance it will perform even better in summer, with that odd aloofness probably turning into something pleasantly cooling.
I must say I'm glad to have revisited the fragrance. For once the old saying 'You never get a second chance for a first impression' does not hold true. Good for H24 (despite the bottle it comes in).

Don’t Look Back in Anger
H24 has been available for a few months now, and I immediately liked it at the first impact. It seems rather odd to me, with its overwhelming addition of Sclarene being a component I've never heard of before. The metallic nuance spreads powerfully, like a rush of blood to the head. And it pleasantly struck me. I instantly associated this particularity with his previous Terre d'Hermès Eau de Toilette, for its uniqueness, observing no similarity between the two. Unfortunately, samples were not available for some time, so I had to content myself with testing the tester on paper and my hand. But yesterday, unexpectedly, a colleague of mine kindly gave me a decant, asking me if I would like to try it. How could I refuse? I tried it for a long time and wrote these initial impressions of mine.

The initial H24 glows are brilliant, green, citrus-rich, dazzling, and not at all harsh. I get sweet orange and creamy lemon. The orange, however, is not comparable to that of Terre, where Jean-Claude Ellena has enhanced the mineral aspect. In H24, Christine Nagel put more emphasis on the metallic element. Thankfully, they are two completely different visions, as I would have expected. No matter how much I love Terre, I don't need another flanker of it. The citrus output is wet, almost moist, and makes me think of the unmentioned note of the violet leaf. There's an immediate serenity and a soft green element that hints at dry herbs. In addition, I get a pleasant floral touch in the background. I deem it is the crispy and slightly bitter narcissus. It is fluffy, with a cottony musk nuance, which still maintains the manly aspect of the perfume. Velvety clary sage leaf is also present in this beauty and oozes upfront. It is aromatic, with grassy accents, and works its way through the scent, more or less prominent but never entirely disappearing.

The heart takes some time to blossom, presenting all the herbal and minty nuance of the lavender, with a whisper of a hay note giving it a bloomy that stayed with me. And metallic shades of the Sclarene molecule and the pink ones of rosewood. The notes combine with a distinct, silvery freshness to create a metallic yet warm pink sense of contrast. Narcissus now explodes and increases a subtle metallic sheen and a thick, creamy sense of texture. It amplifies a soapiness that feels clean and comfortable. This middle stage brings in a floral and soapy vibe, which is nice and keeps the metallics from being too over the top. Yes, the soapiness I captured in this phase is so clean, vivid. Lovely, lovely, lovely.
Why do I like this middle stage so much? Because it is a kind of steamy soapiness, a smell that is deeply engraved in my memory. It reminds me of the warm, humid, and metallic smell that filled the room where my mom used to iron our clothes, principally precious and delicate things that need special handling. Do you know that cloud of steam, released when someone places a damp cloth on top of a woolen garment and then puts the hot iron on it? Metallic, ozonic, a bit burnt. Besides, it is so light and pristine that it smells like the steam coming out of a clean, still, slightly damp white shirt as you iron it. Here, this is the aroma that I get at this point.

The more the scent matures, the more it gets powdery, woody, with herbal touches, too. There is a mossy vibe to it, slightly metallic, followed by the use of rosewood, which here provides a woody balance to the sage and narcissus that other woods cannot. Rosewood has a nuanced olfactory profile with a hint of what the name portends, rosy. I can't help but think of something slightly vanillic, creamy, and spicy, all but too sweet.

My last take on this, it's pleasant, has novel elements such as the Sclarene, and is undoubtedly a cut above many modern, mainstream masculines. It features plenty of flowers. Still, the floral aspect never falls into the feminine territory. A scent that is intimate, pared-back, filled with contrast and dynamism. I see this scent suitable for workdays from late spring, when the air gets warmer, until early fall when the air chills more and more. It has an average projection and lasts several hours, so you will feel clean and fresh all day long at work, as well as in leisure on weekend days.

I base my review on a decant I have owned since December 2021.

-Elysium
Special, but great
With H24 I have recently recorded the 3rd Hermes after Terre d'Hermes & Un Jardin sur le Nil. After a long time again one. The two classics I own for a long time and with H24 times a great release from 2021. A really great brand that stands out with good price-performance ratio and with many fragrances can easily keep up with the niche world. The fragrances definitely have their own charm & character. I ordered 50ml for a fair price. Even if you have with Jeremy a known advertiser through some posts this is rather less a candidate for a blind buy. Should be tested, because this partly already something aneckt and has its own character. Also the statements here are rather controversial.

Perfumer Christine Nagel has done a great job here in my opinion. A great lady who knows her craft and creates creations with recognition value. She was already in many great works for many brands at work, but mainly Hermes & Jo Malone.
With H24 you get a great stubborn men's fragrance. What the H24 means I do not know. H for Hermes probably, but 24 hours holds this fragrance not. Whatever, a great simple concept. Simple name & rather plain bottle without a lot of frills.
The little "pyramid" says it all. More of a one dimensional fragrance without the very big transformation. I like. I like fragrances that smell in the base also öhnlich as in the top note. There are 4 fragrances listed. I had to google sclarene: A molecule that is supposed to be reminiscent of a hot iron. A vibe in this direction is also smellable. A clean touch which is complemented by a lot of sage. In addition, you get herbaceous-green notes. The green notes come across fresh and neat and convince in their own way. The opening takes some getting used to. As the fragrance progresses, it settles into a very pleasant daytime scent that stands out from the crowd. But as I said: It is a little bit on the edge and will not suit everyone. For the day or in the job he comes best and is suitable all year round. Who is looking for a masculine fragrance with rough edges should test this.
The performance is really good for the freshness range. A workday he could survive and has a good sillage over a few hours.

Overall, a great scent from the house of Hermes that takes some getting used to. Will not please everyone, but has character.

Matux
Soft and discreet floral blend for men...
that can be easily worn by women.

I cannot detect the clairy sage, the narcisus and the rosewood are easier to perceive... to a point. The feeling to the nose is that of fresh topnotes followed by soft floral accords staying close to the skin for the rest of the journey.

It is a nice composition than does not play along the criteria of offerings by other houses or even what is in fashion nowadays.
FelixParfumo
Necessary? Probably not, but it is good.
Yay my first review on Parfumo!

I chose H24 as my companion on my arm today. It starts fresh, sweet, clean, herbaceous. It develops just slightly. The initial sweetness lasts until the drydown. It's not as present at the end though. In my opinion, if you know Bottega Veneta Illusione, you don't need to buy H24 and vice versa. H24 is very green. Herbaceous, fresh, a little sweet. Bottega Veneta Illusione does not have the sweetness of H24 but (in my opinion) the exact same "herbaceousness" and the same green qualities.

Nevertheless, a wonderfully fresh, clean, clearly structured fragrance. Holds meanwhile 5 hours, but projects only Hautnah.

Class fragrance, but unfortunately little unique selling point.

Greetings to the perfume community. :)

Doctorflower
Strong fresh scent for jogging in the forest
Woody fresh and strong! It is clear, and yet I find that it has something light, which is again lifted by the metallic, which he also still has, on a more unusual level. It's interesting and complex. When you're in the park, it comes alive. I can't really place the sillage and longevity. Maybe you spray it instead of the skin also on the clothes.

PerfumePL
More interesting than it seems
After much expectation Hermès has launched H24, they have defined it as the fragrance of contemporary man, at first I think it can disappoint, mainly because many of the people who most eagerly awaited it are admirers of the work done with Terre d´Hermes. What is the problem? Terre is ripe, elegant, earthy, with sweeter citrus, H24 is more youthful, more casual, fresher.
At first smell it may seem like a fragrance that smells good, but does not add anything new.
However, after trying it more, I don't think so. I think they have done something that carries some risk.
Make a fairly unisex fragrance and define it as the new men's trend.
This fragrance has an important floral component. That itself is so well balanced and so well accompanied that it does not stand out and is quite camouflaged. It has a Citrus part, a green part, with very elegant and soft woods such as rosewood and a metallic touch with the clarity that gives it the modern point so in trend.
In my opinion it is original, different from the typical. It smells very good and it is one of those that is hooking you and in my opinion it is going to win the hearts of the public little by little. Time will tell...

MajorTom
Better is the enemy of good
When a brand like Hermes once such a successful fragrance like Terre (plus the successively launched in recent years Flanker) has launched, the expectations of a completely new work are naturally high.

The question I asked myself in the run-up to the test: Did the Swiss perfumer do herself a favor in accepting this commission, or is there nothing to lose compared to a work like Terre?

Sure, Terre and H24 have as little in common as apples and pears other than the fact that both are, well, perfumes for men. And of course it's not fair to compare the two in any way. But just, the bar and thus also the expectation - at least for me - was simply high.

To anticipate it, to filter out the individual components of the fragrance pyramid, I find enormously difficult. As it is difficult for me at all to describe the fragrance as objectively as possible. Which, in case of doubt, is not really to be seen as positive. But from the beginning.
The prelude I find quite fresh, with a woody-tart note, quite pleasing. The top note lasts with me so good 1 1/2 hours, before then a twist begins in the negative. At first harmless, I find the woody notes becoming more concise, but at the same time something synthetic mixes in, which I find rather unpleasant. Overall, a green also emerges, which further transforms the fragrance in an astringent direction.
After about five hours then only a slight hint of sage hangs on my skin, perceptible but only in direct nose-wrist contact. This chemical-synthetic something also remains still perceptible.

And so my conclusion ultimately turns out very ambivalent. On the one hand, you notice, the fragrance is not one of the bar, no mass-produced goods, of the ingredients at least partly quite high-quality and professionally arranged just as high quality. On the other hand, I dislike this synthetic addition (which reminded me in the very first moment of Ambroxan) and the drydown, which seems to me for a product of this class unharmonious and thus simply not suitable.

Interesting: With quite a few in the last few weeks of me tested fragrances I immediately received comments, in whatever direction, but thus a proof of a perceptible sillage. With H24: Completely missing. Not even at a distance of less than two meters anyone took notice, and these were the same people who usually immediately comment on everything that comes under my nose (and thus also theirs). Durability as described above, after five hours only a delicate hint remains on my skin, too little for my taste. Finally, the bottle is okay, but does not pull me out of the chair. Nicely made, visually and haptically okay, but without really shining.
Basically a perfume for the warmer season, from my point of view from all-day, occasion-independent and suitable for any age group, despite the sorting into the male corner I could even imagine ladies as carriers.

So H24 leaves me at the end of the day somewhat disappointed, which is certainly also due to my (obviously too high) expectation. To create a second Terre and thus a second monumental classic, does not succeed just like that and certainly not with each new attempt. A fragrance that, in sum, is too little green, too little fresh, too little woody for me to represent a top dog in its respective corner. Fairly, but also a fragrance that will find its supporters, especially among fans of the Hermes label, which naturally, influenced by the fundamentally positive attitude ggü. the brand, my comments will probably rather not be able to understand and / or want.

A special fragrance, which is definitely worth a test.

Thank you for reading and all still a wonderful summer 2021!
Eisregen25
Uniquely different, but really well done....
Since I do not make blind purchases, a sample was first ordered here. And the surprise was of course great, because the fragrance is simply outstanding. Fresh, green spicy and especially he has nothing in common with Terre d'hermes. (nothing against the fragrance, I love him) What completely independent and especially something new has succeeded here. I mean, everyone expected something in the direction of Terre. ( at least I did). Could also go through as a niche, because I know nothing comparable. So who is looking for something unique which is also long lasting and affordable can confidently access here.
Insect spray
To me, the new Hermes H24 smells 1:1 like a bug spray. Maybe with a little more synthetic apple...exactly, an apple-flavored insect spray.

Since I'm probably the only one who thinks so, I'd rather not give a rating....

KuraiKurai 3 months ago
The bitter-citrusy opening notes were nice, but they simply could not cover up the trail of fresh masculine disappointment.
ArtistscentArtistscent 5 months ago
0.5
Absolutely nauseating. I can't stand the sclarene.
JayNayJayNay 6 months ago
0.5
My 3rd Hermès fragrance besides BelAmi Vetiver and Equipage G which I both love. H24 is a big mistake. What a mess this is.
JoloJolo 7 months ago
Metallic Green Banana, very original to me
MatuxMatux 9 months ago
Soft, discreet and classy Summer and Spring floral blend for boys and girls.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 9 months ago
Very well done. Very unique but at the same time fresh and mass appealing! Superb for office situations for all ages.
KingPinKingPin 1 year ago
Fresh, a tad green, quite similar to Note di Colonia I from Acqua di Parma. I like it, but not superwow like it.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Very clean scent, office friendly. H24 is green, fresh, floral and a bit woody in the drydown. The performance is awful on my skin.
GuapoGuapo 1 year ago
The dry down is very similar to Lauder for Men (Estee Lauder).
ElysiumElysium 1 year ago
Oh man, this is the scent I go nuts for! Mineral, herbal, it fougêre, and green, it shocked me on par with Terre d'Hermes.

by AlexW
by Zauber600
by Naturescent
by Naturescent

Popular by Hermès

Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès 24, Faubourg (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Calèche (Soie de Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Amazone (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès