H24 by Hermès
Bottle Design Philippe Mouquet
H24 is a new perfume by Hermès for men and was released in 2021. The scent is fresh-green. Pronunciation

Christine Nagel

Clary sage, Narcissus absolute, Rosewood, Sclarene

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 10.04.2021.

Nasenmann
From synthetic fruit, happy wallets and printer's ink....
I could test H24 meanwhile and I like it better than expected. But that is not particularly much, since name, bottle and comments of others, my expectations had already set quite low.

The fragrance triggers in me overall strangely few emotions. That and the moderated volume in combination with good durability, make it probably suitable for everyday use and universal for some but somewhere that is in my eyes also a real indictment for a fragrance.

The top notes are successful, as I quite like tart freshness and find this rather rare in modern fragrances. Reminds a little of abstract grapefruit at first, represented and freed from any sulphuriness by relatively modern synthetics. In the heart, the whole thing transitions more strongly into green-acidic and slightly tropical (also abstract) passion fruitiness. Here, perhaps more "photorealism" and effervescence or, alternatively, much less fruitiness would have worked better. So I start with it somehow not so much, do not know what the fragrance wants to convey to me.

As the fruitiness fades and the influence of the base increases, more and more the already frequently described coin money aspect comes to the fore. This is m.E.n. by metallic-citric notes (synthetic, you guessed it) in combination with leather, as I know it from worn yellow bags, produced. This is overall not as bad as it sounds but I still do not want to smell like that.
This "used" impression also kind of contrasts with the colocated "futurism", which I don't quite buy H24 anyway. Speaking of which... what surprised me the most was the quite striking overlap of the rest of the base with Dior's megaseller Sauvage. The volume is turned way down here and H24 is already very distinct overall but as the progression progresses into the base, the more they converge. Again, there's a certain tart (slightly shower gel-like) freshness that relatively expertly bridges to the top notes. There's the ambroxan, there's a modern "wood" of the kind you've smelled more often in the last 15 years (in Jubilation XXV or Memoir Man, among others), and there's a scratchy, chemically tart yet somehow delightful facet. I've paraphrased this with Sauvage as a shower gel rub sample, as it reminds me a bit of the printer's ink in magazines. I like.

Probably because of these parallels, H24 strikes me as Hermes' attempt at a commercial hit ala Sauvage or Aventus. I doubt that they will succeed, especially since I also feel the quality impression as only "so lala". Now not really bad but just not as the brand or the price justice.

If I should feel the desire, I can also sniff times at my wallet, which is just happy again something.
ParfumDude
A man between cut flowers and irons
What an event: The first (really) new masculine fragrance from Hermès since 2006, i.e. since the release of Terre D'Hermès, is here and promises to depict a new form of masculinity - somewhere between nature and the metropolis, between modern and classic and between understatement and self-confidence. So what does the Hermès man of 2021 look like? Let's take a look...

First, a few words about the external appearance of H24. The perfume comes in a plain cardboard box, which was made from recyclable material. In it hides a simple, but elegant flacon made of glass and metal, which I personally like very well - since I can not quite understand the partly but quite clear criticism. All in all, I can not complain about the external values of H24 and also that the flacon is refillable, I find super.

Let's get to the heart of the whole thing, the fragrance itself. In the opening, H24 presents itself fresh, juicy, green, botanical and slightly fruity. I have to think here of the smell of fresh cut flowers such as tulips, which is also due to the floral component of the fragrance, which is likely to be created mainly by the narcissus used. I find the opening has a refreshing, green juiciness to it that makes it hard for me to smell away - really delicious and I think relatively unique too. The opening lasts about 30 minutes, after which the scent changes again quite significantly in my eyes, the linearity described by some reviewers I can not confirm for me. Although the green-fresh DNA runs through the entire fragrance, the juicy-floral of the opening gives way, in my opinion, more and more to a slightly metallic and more tart-masculine scent, which I also like very much. This is where the sclarene comes into its own, which in combination with the sage creates that fresh-laundry-iron smell that works perfectly here. Personally, this part of the scent reminds me a bit of Prada's Luna Rossa, which I also really like, because of the metallic-fresh note.

All in all, I can say that I find H24 very successful. Unique in its DNA, it is yet wearable and pleasing, while the durability and sillage turns out surprisingly good for me - more would be for the spring / summer in my eyes already too much. So in conclusion, I can say that H24 is a worthy successor to Terre in my eyes, which I also love. I'm looking forward to making lots of great memories with H24.
Surprising!
First of all, in my opinion, H24 is a fragrance that you should not buy blindly. Just for us it is thanks to this forum relatively easy to get a sample uncomplicated and fast. Because H24 is definitely not one that suits and pleases everyone. Moreover, it also seems to depend on who wears it for performance and power. Because I was almost suffocated for hours by the incredible strength, it seems to explode on my skin and just two sprays easily fill the room several meters around me for 6-8 hours. It's also (at least for me) one of those fragrances where you think 'Oh look, now it's gone', only to suddenly notice it again for a long time, as if whole clouds of scent molecules were on their way again and again. Hard on the edge for me, but better that way than quickly gone. Personally, I would definitely not buy a higher concentration (if there is that one day), because that would then go into the headache area.
H24 has reminded me relatively quickly to Boss Bottled - but of course not because of its smell ansich, but because of its novelty and uniqueness. I can still remember well at that time, 1998 or 1999, when a very attractive and friendly colleague (at that time I worked as a department store detective at Karstadt) of the specialized perfumery department sprayed a new fragrance of Boss on my arm and explained to me that this is something completely different, new. And she was right, I hadn't smelled anything like it before either, so I wasn't exactly taken with it at first. Boss Bottled never managed to fully inspire me in such a way that I would have bought a bottle - also because one smelled him quickly everywhere - differently it behaves now with H24. There will certainly be sometime someone who wants to distinguish himself with it Mrs. nail nevertheless also the copy to have convicted and us any Plärre names, which is to smell similarly. For me personally, someone who has smelled many, many fragrances from all over the world, H24 remains unique and actually new in its character, unknown to me until now. And that is exactly what I have been waiting for so many years, to wear something completely new, to inspire me and my environment with it, perhaps also to polarize. Yes...I have to work my way up to this fragrance day by day, discovering again and again something that had escaped me until now, and my enthusiasm grows steadily. It takes a little more time, but so it is always with the true, profound love...
Back to the fragrance itself: H24 should sell, of course. Therefore, H24 has also been given a "purchase persuasion". I mean the first approx. 20-30 minutes, which serve the purpose of testers in perfumeries immediately to inspire, but often give a completely wrong picture of the rest of the fragrance character. What you first perceive in this case, you have certainly often read or heard and all the very professional descriptions are true when you smell it yourself - but I personally had completely different expectations based on the descriptions and YouTube videos, also in terms of the further scent. For me, the reason is clear: Everyone has tried to describe something that did not exist before, which is why it is not possible to get a correct idea of this fragrance based on attempts at description. I have smelled numerous "green" fragrances and ok, it has something green, herbaceous, but only to a certain extent. There's a freshness, at the same time, a sweetness that for me scrapes hair's breadth past the edge into the headache category, and it lingers until the end. But it's all absolutely perfectly balanced, a true masterpiece that sets off neuron fireworks in my brain over and over again. What more could a fragrance enthusiast ask for? I can't confirm the descriptions of the rest of the scent, especially Ash (Gents Scents). But with fragrances it is like with many things that are very subjective. The first 30 minutes are in line with the rest, but that's about it. The depth of what follows is what captivated me, not the loud scream at the beginning. To me, H24 is most definitely a unisex fragrance. I know a few women's fragrances that smell more masculine than H24, so if you're not man enough, stay away and buy Dark Rebel or similar. When Mrs. Nagel described H24 as a fragrance of the zeitgeist, I can guess what she meant by that...but I don't care because there will be no doubts about my masculinity even with a less masculine fragrance. You have to wear it - not vice versa.
We all agree on one thing: What we write here is purely subjective. In addition, the body's own chemistry just does not fit everything, that's a fact. Regarding durability and projection H24 seems to be absolutely perfect for me, which I unfortunately experience extremely rare. And that's why my review is of course influenced by it. Definitely worth at least a try though. And if I will remain one of the few who likes to wear it regularly, that's just fine with me ? Regards
Not recycled but new.
The new fragrance of Hermes comes according to advertising in a recycled packaging with a refillable flacon on the shelves.
I got a 2ml sample directly from Hermes in Paris and was mega excited to see what was in store.
And I have not been disappointed.
A fresh start, to then change into the light woodiness.
A fragrance that doesn't offend, which is also not the holy grail, but still I can say that I like it.
Ideal for the coming spring.
Rookie82
With fruit salad to the summer figure?
As I've often heard elsewhere, Hermés is a house with a sympathetic approach to launching new products. On the one hand, it gives me the impression that it takes its time and leaves room for ideas and inspiration. In addition, I imagine that here in the usual market processes of a product re-placement, the instrument of market screaming big grumbling, in the form of naturally bought opinion-forming influencer gobbledygook, is largely left out.
I could be wrong, however, with the latter also, since I by far no longer everything mitbekomme and sustainably try to avoid this form of content.

The house Hermés has it as everyone knows in the past managed to set a milestone in the men's area. One hardly leans far out of the window, one puts this foolhardy assertion on ...
And of course, as it is then just so one is then also measured by the great last throw. Of course, one could succumb as a house Hermés the nervous mind game to orient themselves necessarily also to the success of the predecessor series. Certainly, this is also the wish, but with the approach to create something completely new, to leave existing trends as far as possible to the left and to put a certain form of pioneering spirit and quality in the center. Well knowing with an accompanying increased existing risk to put the project just also simply times in the sand Damn it ... and that alone is why I am so grateful to this house that I am almost ashamed to have no bottle of the brand in the collection. Also H24 will not achieve this goal for the time being. What will you do if sense organ and feeling / mind do not come to the same conclusion.

The fragrance I would actually like to like, convinces me unfortunately in any phase. Even after repeated tests, the fruit salad in the prelude does not reach me for one thing. I get on the one hand with the sweet pear in the prelude not warm, moreover, the good Jazzbob has "lupft" me on another impression, on which I have not come so far by itself. A green banana has crept into the potpourri of the opening with, which unfortunately lasts far too long for me at the end and accompanies the fragrance until the fade. The sweetness offered is here for me after a short time to get over, because rather subtle nature and therefore used for me to an acceptable extent.
This melange certainly pleases many, may in the long run viellleicht even - and that is Hermés simply to be trusted - style-forming be, but fetches me in no moment.

To credit I would like to hold the fragrance that he is at no time too loud. From the beginning it is of pleasant sillage, the durability allows in the profession no tear of overtime, but remains in the true sense of the word in the green area.

Continuing, the fragrance develops after about 60 minutes becoming more pleasant, but with all sympathy, the lost meters at the beginning he is simply not able to catch up.

Nevertheless, I wish the fragrance from the innermost conviction and the aforementioned reasons that it establishes itself on the market. It would be great if this approach pays off for Hermés and one can also be oriented in the future to this approach to product development economically justifiable.
The will is the last thing I doubt here.

Test recommendation at this point , whereas either way ... the problem of a pandemic plaque solves H24 in any case.
Nature meets modernity
Rarely has one been able to observe such high hopes for a good new designer men's fragrance as with Hermès' H24. The reasons for this are obvious: on the one hand, the brand does not launch one fragrance after the other, but rather does so with deliberation; on the other hand, Hermès does not orient itself to trends and has, after all, already had a great success with Terre d'Hermès in 2006, which continues to this day.

Christine Nagel's creation is far from the 'blue' and ambroxan-heavy perfumes or the sweet and spicy gourmands and is oriented towards the very contemporary themes of nature and sustainability (*), while the brand remains true to itself.

(* Anyway, the perfumer talks about this in the interview:

A little polarizes H24 already once - at least one gets this impression, if one reads the different perceptions and evaluations here. More often fell also already the term 'Fougère', which I personally do not consider applicable, because for me lavender and coumarin are missing. Instead, I would rather speak of a fruity chypre-like fragrance.

The top note I do not like so well, because although initially a fresh hint of grapefruit is to be guessed, I have gradually mainly the association with pear (which I neither smell, nor like to eat) and even to banana I feel very slightly reminded. Thus, a certain fruity sweetness resonates in the background, which bothers me, but is not on the level of many other designer fragrances. Right from the start, the two essentials of H24 are also present: sage brings a pleasant, realistic herbaceousness, and in the base there is a woody note that, although noticeably synthetic, has been used so skilfully that the scent is actually reminiscent of freshly ironed laundry and the iron still hot. Something metallic is thus already present, but comes in my opinion not stabbing therefore.

Thus, nature and modernity combine in a perfume that could well have been declared as unisex. By the herb-green and the metallic facet but the classic-masculine part prevails. All the individual notes/chords seem quite familiar to me, but in total H24 already has a high degree of independence. Due to the top note, I feel the overall composition is not quite as coherent and with four sprays, the fragrance not only lingered very steadily on my skin, but also projected for quite a long time. So airy and discreet, as some perceive him, he is not.

Even if H24 is not quite to my taste, I would be happy if with him a new trend, towards fresh, green, less sweet and especially more sustainable fragrances would begin.
Back to the Roots/ Once into the past please
After years of quiet enjoyment, I also dare to comment.
Very fitting that I should actually rather concentrate on the exam phase at the moment, but what the heck. Testing fragrances is just more exciting than determining the income-compensated Hicksian demand and calculating the marginal rate of technical substitution for the umpteenth time.

(A little warning at the outset, I'll leave a detailed scent description to the true professionals at Parfumo, who simply have a better sense of breaking down scents into their constituent parts and analyzing them with precision, this is more along the lines of my impressions)

I've often toyed with the idea of writing a commentary on some of my favorites, but most of the time I haven't found the right words or have just been too lazy to sit down and record my sensations.

Still, the impression of the new H24 has managed to get me to finally put my words to paper. (Of course, not literally to understand, even if it is quite cool in between times to record his thoughts oldschool with pen and paper)
I am now for some years on Parfumo and have in the meantime most diverse smells tested and carried, whereby straight at the beginning with nearly each new impression a fascination resonated, since I knew up to then only the usual perfumes, which run most of us frequently at our fellow men over the way Testing e.g. a L'Air du Desert Marocain, Bois d'Armenie or also a Black Afgano opened me the window to completely new worlds and impressions.
With time, and dozens of new fragrances that I have tested in my mania to know everything imaginable, disappeared with each newcomer a little bit of enthusiasm that I initially felt when finally another perfume has arrived at me and I could expand my horizons by another fragrance impression. (Sorry for the cumbersome sentence)
Many (although of course by far not all) fragrance combinations and categories I had simply already perceived in some form with previously tested perfumes so or so similar and the Wow! moments became less and less.
This led me to take a little time out from Parfumo in the meantime, with the intention of me no new perfumes more to buy and my collection a bit more to claim to use up but times some fragrances, the stock something to reduce.
But as with many here who have tried something similar, fragrances in general and Parfumo in particular just exerted far too strong an attraction on me to actually stay offline permanently.

It is just too much fun to exchange with other users about new releases and classics, but also now and then to skim the 500th discussion to the particularly fruity Aventus Batch 8Z36U... for entertainment.

So it continued where I had left off and I tested me diligently through the fragrances on my watch list.
And even if I had more fun again, I missed the special moments of the early days.
Do not worry, in a moment we are already at the H24 (Thanks to all who still read on despite the digressive digression. :D )

When I read a few weeks ago that Hermès is launching a new men's fragrance on the market, I became wide-eyed.

Has Christine Nagel, the in-house perfumer at Hermès, for the same company yet to develop a standalone water for men, and among her other, better-known projects, a somewhat stronger focus on women's fragrances.
To follow in the footsteps of Jean-Claude Ellena, who has interpreted in his fragrances the essence of Hermès excellent, classic, stylish, not intrusive, is also really no easy task.
So of course I was curious in which direction your first Hermès men's fragrance would go.

A few days ago it was then finally so far and I could spray on the H24.

And there it was again, this beautiful experience what has taken me back to the time when I was new in the Parfumo community and me the different perfumes and fragrance families have always amazed anew.
The fruity opening, I think, somewhere between a ripe pear and a subtly fragrant plum, (distantly reminiscent of Sur le Nil) accompanied by the resonating citrus, presumably resulting from the use of clary sage, is something I wasn't expecting in a men's Hermès fragrance. It started for me with a Wumms!
This fruity freshness lasts with me for the first hour, to then go into a woody, but still light, heart note in the balsamic spicy aspects of the already mentioned clary sage come to the fore.
As an orientation as one can imagine the course (from the heart note, so without the fruity prelude) is the Aqua di Gio Profumo shot into my mind. Even if the comparison here, as far as I've seen it, has not yet been drawn, I find that the two in the course of the fragrance but clearly approach.
With the spicy but still light notes sounds the H24 then with me from.
In summary: An elegant, distant, but not cool fragrance that I can imagine in almost any situation.
Christine Nagel has really done a great job here and I am thrilled. She has not simply copied Ellenas style, but implemented your own without putting the continuity at Hermès fragrances at risk.

To bridge to my (admittedly somewhat rambunctious) comments at the beginning of this half-novel:
Even if this fragrance is not a revolution that rolls the field of men's perfumes new and also some have given to word that the H24 is a bit too bravado / boring for them, he has set for me a perfect olfactory start to the year 2021.
After a long time, I finally had that Wow! moment again when testing a new perfume that took me back, back to the roots for a moment, so to speak.
That I would have such an experience with a Hermès fragrance I would not have thought, which is why I am really grateful to Christine Nagel for this launch.
Finally, a perfume has managed to arouse my enthusiasm again and to delight me with every new spraying.
I hope that remains so for the next time.

Thank you to everyone who has had the patience to follow my ramblings to this point. I hope it hasn't been too dull.

But now the tempting uni scripts are calling again and it's back to studying.
Ischgelroi
The best Hermès fragrance in a long time ?
Hermès H24 is something special for me. I have not actively pursued Hermès for a long time, even Terre d' Hermés could never really convince me of the Colognes I find a few quite nice, but currently only the Mandarine Ambrée is in my collection, something has just always been missing for me to buy another Hermés fragrance, but now to the reason why I find Hermés H24 so unique. I have tested numerous barbershop fragrances and in the end only the classic Acqua di Parma Colonia remained, all others were too old-fashioned, too scratchy etc. for me. H24 manages to present something really new here a really very nice barbershop fragrance, which is really modern and brings a nice light sweetness without being unsuitable for hot days. I find the rosewood and clary sage is well perceivable and also a slight floral note. H24 remains monotonous as it progresses, no real development can be detected here, but that doesn't bother me either. H24 is really quite different from all the other designer releases which are somehow all similar and somehow characterless. H24 has a strong independent character and definitely doesn't have to hide from perfumes over 200€, but what I have to say is that H24 is not necessarily a fragrance for teenagers or for people who are into very sweet things. I think that with me soon a bottle of this great fragrance will move in with me, here there is really a great fragrance from the designer category.

Just Different ?
I love the world of Hermès . Tdh is my best parfum, so when i find a new release after many years i was very excited. I blind buy a bottle.
When i first spray : mmyeaah fresh green natural different smell i like it . I have been wearing this for a week now : very relaxed soft natural nice smell, it is aromatic spicy green fresh with moderate sillage and long lasting on me and clothes. I got all the notes very well balanced and crafted . I love especially the drydown modern different classy refined smell.
So in general a good new fragrance with high quality ingredients 8.5/10 .
About the bottle : in photos the bottle looks ugly i did not like it at first BUT in real it is a Masterpiece i like it so much !
Frideau
Christine Nagel is copying herself?
I like most of the fragrances from the house of Hermés. It's not all sensational anymore, especially in recent years, but still always solid and balanced composition. And none of the fragrances from this house that I like get on my nerves even after a long time. I appreciate that! That's why I was curious about the new H24. To my nose, it's a differently assembled scent copy of the 2018 Citron Noir, also by Christine Nagel. Green freshness with an angular opening, tending towards the sour after a short while bland. No development, straightforward and not special in projection. Nice, inoffensive and as unexciting to me as the "black lemon". I will try it again in the summer with H24, perhaps this fragrance is designed for the heat and falls in the never-ending winter only so modest ...

DPArtistDPArtist 2 days ago
Very nice fresh scent, feels like a modern twist on an older herbal theme, I find this scent a paradox - both energizing and relaxing!
JFP26JFP26 17 days ago
Modern versatile fruity scent. Easy to like. Good performance with soft silage. Outside I get some pear whiffs here and there. Worth buying!
Nik604Nik604 24 days ago
Finally Hermes goes gender bender... boring, I'll stick to Intense Vetiver.
OmardoOmardo 1 month ago
A bit disappointed. it's not like any other fresh men fragrance, but too similar to them.the designer freshness is there and I don't like it

by Chrisniburg
by Bowser
by Zauber600
by Zauber600

Popular Hermès

Terre d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Bel Ami (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles by Hermès Bel Ami Vétiver by Hermès Concentré d'Orange Verte by Hermès Rocabar (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Voyage d'Hermès (Parfum) by Hermès Hermessence Cuir d'Ange by Hermès Hermessence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès Equipage (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate by Hermès Hermessence Rose Ikebana by Hermès Elixir des Merveilles by Hermès Calèche (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Amazone (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès Calèche (Soie de Parfum) by Hermès