With Love (2006)

With Love by Hilary Duff

With Love is a perfume by Hilary Duff for women and was released in 2006. The scent is fruity-sweet. It was last marketed by Elizabeth Arden.

Top Notes Top NotesSpices, Mangosteen
Heart Notes Heart NotesCocobolo wood, Mangosteen blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 09.07.2018

10.0 6.0 6.0 10.0/10

Want more!
The bottle is what first attracted me to this perfume. It has a dynamic shape and a novel cap. The only thing missing, in my opinion, was a little charm dangling off it. I chose one with red heart-shaped rhinestones and it compliments the bottle beautifully.

I bought my bottle as soon as I realized that the perfume had been discontinued and that I might never get to smell the true aroma if I waited any longer. I've heard that some bottles have already "turned" and nothing remains but a "celery" smell. Thankfully, I was lucky enough to get a bottle with the scent intact.

The first whiff of it struck me as tangy, much like the scent of an excited woman. However, that impression was very short-lived, dissipating within the first five minutes.

As the other notes reveal themselves, it strikes me as very warm and inviting, like a campfire. There's a slight sweetness to it, like a cinnamon roll, definitely not overly sweet like a birthday cake.

Unless they re-launch this, I'm not planning on buying another bottle. I want to remember it as it was meant to be.

Bcars10
Things that make you go "Hm"
This is one of the strangest perfumes I've ever encountered. I was very concerned when I first sprayed it! It was a spicy, woodsy, ultra dark chocolate. Parfumo says it's "fruity-sweet;" that is not my impression at all. It takes HOURS for any sort of fruit or sweetness to come out, and even then it is very restrained. The spices, woods, and musk definitely push the fruity sweetness to the background.

Sillage is fairly strong for the first couple of hours. The bottle is really pretty, but the cap looks cheap and plastic in comparison, and it's an odd urine-yellow color that clashes with the color of the liquid.

Overall, I'm not sure how to rate this. I need to wear it a few more times. But I will say that this is unlike any other typical celebrity offering on the market. And I got it for a song! It's a very good quality for the price I paid, but time will tell how much I wear it. It's not the perfume I typically go for, but I can see myself wearing this more often in fall and winter. It might grow on me yet.
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Fruit Steamed In Butter With A Cream Sauce
A very flirty fragrance that reminds me of a fruit steamed in butter, a very creamy scent. The mango stands out throughout the entire staying power of this perfume for me, while the amber and musk pop out to surprise you. It lasts about four hours with two sprays for me and then completely disappears. Not disappointing in the longevity for such a creamy fragrance with a designer name.
I'd say it's more of a mid-Oriental, not so light to be frivolous or young and certainly not heavy at all. The musk envelops you enough to give this a bit of mystique.
A very pretty fragrance to wear year-round. I actually love the bottle it's in. I think it's so pretty for such a little price.

With Love
I like this one. It is quite strong so you don't need to spray much on. Two sprays should be adequate. The scent is warm, rich and sweet. Quite delicious smelling actually. Reminds me of a decadent dessert. It's a cozy scent that envelopes your senses. I find it totally unisex. This perfume is hard to find in retail stores here in Canada. I found two bottles (30ml.) for 39.97 each plus tax at a department store in a neighboring town. There were only three bottles and it looked like old stock so it was like finding hidden treasure. I'm sure most peoples best bet will be to find this scent online. If you're not afraid of a heavier scent, you may want to give this one a try.
5.0 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

With Love
When i first tried this i thought sheesh
it's another run of the mill celeb fragrance
but never say never it has great
Silage very long lasting smells expensive
for a fraction of the price.

It opens with sweet mango then in a minute
spices i detect Chai adds to the quasi exotic
atmosphere of this scent the mystery of
the scent of Cocobolo the first material ever
used in a perfume
always keep me guessing what does it
smell like? it conjours like a ancient
Aztec market selling spices dyed in brightly
colored dyes with it's intoxicating smell
drifting though like
an offering to the Goddess of fertility,

The drydown returns to the scent of mango due
to the note of Mango blossoms
sweetening with amber musk is elusive
that's because of the domineering notes
of Mango and Spices it hides in diluted forms.

With Love is no Ordinary teen celeb
kind of fragrance with it's transitional
sophistication of a mature perfume and
yet with the marketing though young
teenage girls this scent Yells

"I'm not a Girl and I'm not yet a woman".
2.5 7.5 5.0 4.0/10

Helpful Review
Spicy sweet
This is a little too spicy for my liking. It's not a horrible smell, the drydown had quite a likable deep amber accord, but there was something about With Love that just didn't seem right. Perhaps it's the strength of the overall fragrance, which is rather overpowering when first applied that ruins this fragrance for me. I could imagine myself liking this if it were a lighter EDT version.

Bcars10 20 months ago
Spices, woods, and deep, dark chocolate. Very different & somehow compelling. Not your typical celebrity perfume; perfect for fall & winter!+1

by Sueskind