Slowdive 2017

Slowdive by Hiram Green
Slowdive is a popular perfume by Hiram Green for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-resinous. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Hiram Green

Top Notes Top NotesNeroli, Orange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesTobacco flower, Honey, Beeswax, Dried fruits, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesResins

Submitted by CPL, last update on 22.10.2020.

Better than Bee (NKNN)
• HIRAM GREEN SLOWDIVE •

If you don't want to read, you can watch the video on it (same information)

Slowdive is a honey forward scent and the honey is really front and center throughout. Both are amazing in their own rights, but it's hard not to draw comparisons to Zoologist Bee. Both are very lifelike, natural honey dominated fragrances with a similar honey accord and price wise they are in the same ballpark with Slowdive being 155€ for 50ml and I believe Bee goes for 195€ for 60ml. For me Bee was great, but more for the artistry; it's so natural, that I felt as if I rubbed raw honey on my body and I got a long lasting, well projecting, linear experience. Slowdive adds a couple more nuances, but retains that realistic raw honey, beeswax vibe with a bit of a green edge, at least in the opening. It is a bit more floral, with an ever so slight exotic touch from the tuberose, some neroli and orange blossom in the opening, although I found those to be very subtle. Some dried fruits are listed as well. None of them really take away anything from the honey though, they are just little additions that add some dimensions and depth. The only note that really pops up next to the honey from time to time is the tobacco blossom. As the name suggests, that has a tobacco scent, but it's really soft and floral and it smells more like a woody, dry grass or hay with the most easy going hint of tobacco. It is quite a linear fragrance still. I get some sourish and more herbal wafts in the drydown that I can't really place, but otherwise, it doesn't change all that much. The opening is a bit loud for a couple of minutes, but otherwise it's more of a subtle wear. It's not as powerful, longlasting or projecting as Hyde or Voyage 2019 from the brand were. Which I think adds to the wearability, compared to Zoologists Bee, which is more in your face.

To me this is a comforting, dreamy, sweet honey fragrance, that might still be a little bit one dimensional, but I guess that's the cost for wanting to present that honey so vividly and I think Slowdive found a great balance and I would definitely recommend this to anyone that's looking for a good honey fragrance or those who have Zoologist Bee on their wishlist.

Stunning Crime
How I managed to miss a new creation by Hiram Green for even a second, I don’t know. First thing I did when I read the initial review was go to th HG site and put myself on their mailing list to make sure this never happens again. Next I bought Slowdive blind. As expected, a near faint ensued when I smelled it. Yet I’m in a quandary about how to describe it. Alone, a word like beautiful won’t do, though Slowdive is. It’s also a bold fragrance, an unabashed, passionate stab at greatness.

Okay, this is what I smell. Upset with his wife for some reason, a 1940’s moviestar takes her bottle of Chanel No 22 out to the beehives they keep so their cook can serve fresh honey to their celebrity guests. Angry, he unthinkingly slams the bottle into a hive. The bees go crazy of course so he runs off. The wife, watching from the window, shakes her head, waits a while, then finds a beekeeper’s hat. She goes and gets the bee smoker, which happens to be filled with resin, to smoke the hive and calm the bees. She finds her Chanel No 22 broken, but not empty, some of its contents replaced by honey and pollen and beeswax. Salvaging it is impossible but she finds the scent of neroli, orange blossom, tuberose mixed with resin and beehive so deeply luxurious that she lights a cigarette and sits down to enjoy it.

I sprayed Slowdive on my arms this morning and as I turn in it’s still intoxicating me. It’s a stunner. Even if it had really arisen from a minor crime as in my imagination, all charges would be dropped.

Niche designers are just walking on scented water, boggling my nose that such extreme gorgeousness should arrive back to back—the other being Patchouli Cloud.

Slowdive
My first scent discovery from Hiram Green, and it is safe to say that I probably haven't smelled anything quite like this. But the question is, is it any good?

Polyanthes
Oh beeswax, lovely beeswax from beginning to end. ...
When I first spritzed Slowdive, I smiled a smug and deeply contented kind of smile because it is so wonderful, and because my first blind buy ever was such a ridiculous success :o)

This is not a furniture beeswax smell, and it’s not burning candles either, it is actual honeycomb, fresh out of the hive on a buzzing summer's day, still glistening with honey and powdered with pollen, there's a little bit of clean hay around the place too. Have you ever smelled and tasted the pollen granules that you can buy to boost your immune system and well being? Well, I get a load of that in here, not just the creamy sweet, softly clean, fuzzy little animal smell but also the super-fine, granular texture as the rich, tiny golden grains dissolve on your tongue.

The more I wear this, the more subtle nuances I notice. The resinous honey gently sticks to the beeswax all the way through and is very much like a delicious heather honey I love from Galicia; thick and semi-crystalized, dark amber, nectarous, dense, herbal aromatic, balmy and rich. There are some heady, creamy white flowers in here too.

It took me a few wearings to get on an intimate basis with the warm, deep, floral tobacco note, but I’m there now and I love it. It’s much rounder and more supple than other tobacco notes I’ve smelled, like rubbing fresh and ever so slightly dusty tobacco leaves between your hands leaving stains with a spicy, sweet, brownish green narcotic aroma.

Slowdive's dry down is long and lovely, a beautiful pastoral portrait of the perfect summer's day, where nature is friendly and life is always sweet.
Nectar of the gods.

ItchynoseItchynose 20 months ago
A slow dive into a pool of thick dark honey and beeswax. It's resinous, heavy, bittersweet and unusual. Quite the experience.

by EssAli
by Pepdal
by Carlossp
by Carlossp

Popular Hiram Green

Shangri La by Hiram Green Moon Bloom by Hiram Green Voyage 2019 by Hiram Green Arbolé / Arbolé Arbolé by Hiram Green Dilettante by Hiram Green Voyage by Hiram Green Hyde by Hiram Green Vivacious by Hiram Green Lustre by Hiram Green