Slowdive (2017)

Slowdive by Hiram Green
Slowdive (Hiram Green)
Slowdive (Hiram Green)
Slowdive is a new perfume by Hiram Green for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is resinous-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Hiram Green

Top Notes Top NotesNeroli, Orange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesTobacco blossom, Beeswax, Dry fruits, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesResins

Submitted by CPL, last update on 14.10.2018

Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Stunning Crime
How I managed to miss a new creation by Hiram Green for even a second, I don’t know. First thing I did when I read the initial review was go to th HG site and put myself on their mailing list to make sure this never happens again. Next I bought Slowdive blind. As expected, a near faint ensued when I smelled it. Yet I’m in a quandary about how to describe it. Alone, a word like beautiful won’t do, though Slowdive is. It’s also a bold fragrance, an unabashed, passionate stab at greatness.

Okay, this is what I smell. Upset with his wife for some reason, a 1940’s moviestar takes her bottle of Chanel No 22 out to the beehives they keep so their cook can serve fresh honey to their celebrity guests. Angry, he unthinkingly slams the bottle into a hive. The bees go crazy of course so he runs off. The wife, watching from the window, shakes her head, waits a while, then finds a beekeeper’s hat. She goes and gets the bee smoker, which happens to be filled with resin, to smoke the hive and calm the bees. She finds her Chanel No 22 broken, but not empty, some of its contents replaced by honey and pollen and beeswax. Salvaging it is impossible but she finds the scent of neroli, orange blossom, tuberose mixed with resin and beehive so deeply luxurious that she lights a cigarette and sits down to enjoy it.

I sprayed Slowdive on my arms this morning and as I turn in it’s still intoxicating me. It’s a stunner. Even if it had really arisen from a minor crime as in my imagination, all charges would be dropped.

Niche designers are just walking on scented water, boggling my nose that such extreme gorgeousness should arrive back to back—the other being Patchouli Cloud.
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Slowdive
My first scent discovery from Hiram Green, and it is safe to say that I probably haven't smelled anything quite like this. But the question is, is it any good?

Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Oh beeswax, lovely beeswax from beginning to end. ...
When I first spritzed Slowdive, I smiled a smug and deeply contented kind of smile because it is so wonderful, and because my first blind buy ever was such a ridiculous success :o)

This is not a furniture beeswax smell, and it’s not burning candles either, it is actual honeycomb, fresh out of the hive on a buzzing summer's day, still glistening with honey and powdered with pollen, there's a little bit of clean hay around the place too. Have you ever smelled and tasted the pollen granules that you can buy to boost your immune system and well being? Well, I get a load of that in here, not just the creamy sweet, softly clean, fuzzy little animal smell but also the super-fine, granular texture as the rich, tiny golden grains dissolve on your tongue.

The more I wear this, the more subtle nuances I notice. The resinous honey gently sticks to the beeswax all the way through and is very much like a delicious heather honey I love from Galicia; thick and semi-crystalized, dark amber, nectarous, dense, herbal aromatic, balmy and rich. There are some heady, creamy white flowers in here too.

It took me a few wearings to get on an intimate basis with the warm, deep, floral tobacco note, but I’m there now and I love it. It’s much rounder and more supple than other tobacco notes I’ve smelled, like rubbing fresh and ever so slightly dusty tobacco leaves between your hands leaving stains with a spicy, sweet, brownish green narcotic aroma.

Slowdive's dry down is long and lovely, a beautiful pastoral portrait of the perfect summer's day, where nature is friendly and life is always sweet.
Nectar of the gods.

• by EssAli by EssAli
  • by Maggy4u by Maggy4u
  • by Pepdal by Pepdal

Popular Hiram Green

Moon Bloom by Hiram Green Shangri La by Hiram Green Arbolé Arbolé by Hiram Green Voyage by Hiram Green Slowdive by Hiram Green Dilettante by Hiram Green