1725 by Histoires de Parfums
1725 is a popular perfume by Histoires de Parfums for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is powdery-sweet. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
AlmondAlmond
SandalwoodSandalwood
CedarCedar
AmberAmber

Submitted by Lobelia, last update on 06.10.2021.

Ischgelroi
Nothing new, I'm afraid...
1725 I received a long time ago as a bottling with a purchase in the souk. Somehow this filling but disappeared into oblivion, because so much else was waiting for a test. Yesterday evening it was but finally so far and 1725 also called Casanova was finally allowed on the skin.

Unfortunately, 1725 is not so really mine. I try to formulate the evaluation but independently. 1725 has this already felt infinitely often used Le Male, Reflection Man, Parfums de Marly Harley DNA. Honestly, I can't even list all the fragrances that have this DNA. I always associate this DNA with the 90s or early 2000s. I was never a fan of it. However, 1725 is definitely made to a high standard and is in a league with Reflection Man in terms of quality. The main notes in 1725 are lavender, citrus notes, licorice and the typical sandalwood and vanilla base. There is some amber and almond to it here though. With 1725, though, I just kind of miss the innovation of having something standalone in front of me. Normally I find the brand very interesting.

The durability is with 7-8 hours in a solid midfield. The silage is a little under an arm's length and becomes skin tight after about 4-5 hours.

Unfortunately, I and the Casanova will not be friends, which is of course here also because it's just not my DNA, but also because of the previously mentioned lack of innovation.
Casanova at Dux Castle
With this play actor Johannes Heesters went on tour again and again from 1986; he was able to play the old woman seducer in a sitting position, which was very convenient for his own age.
His "reputation as a charmer" was followed at that time by many ladies who were still caught in his magic.
Those were for both sides surely star moments.

Whether Johannes Heesters wore "1725 - Casanova" by Histoires de Parfums at these performances, I don't know of course.
It would have been possible: this scent reminds me a little of stage make-up and wig powder; nestled in probably all artists' dressing rooms, whether in the smallest provincial stage or in the "big house" of the State Theatre.

Lavender, almond and vanilla unite on my skin immediately after the first contact to a quite compact powdery scent layer, reminiscent of a yellowish grey gauze curtain.
On the other hand, the citrus notes of the opening, with the exception of the liquorice touch, have almost no chance at all.
They are there for a moment; as if someone had opened the window briefly to let fresh air into this theatre wardrobe in which I seem to be.
Liquorice is courageous, bows briefly; but star anise points it to its place. But also its somewhat angular scent is quickly overrun with the big powder puff: it dusts a lot.
I'm now hoping for some glamour through my well-known "fragrance sizes" called sandalwood, cedar and amber.
Cedar harmonizes brilliantly with the existing powder coating; but on my skin a scent develops, which makes me look for an "emergency exit".
Also amber and sandalwood can't save this piece of cultural history for me anymore.
I feel like a huge powder can has been dumped over me.

And I'm disappointed! Disappointed by me, by my skin - because that will be the reason!
I wanted to walk in Casanova's footsteps, let myself be seduced by him in scented form, even dare to venture into slightly wicked areas with him - to experience the greatest adventures!
What a shame! Instead, I'm on the run! Not with him - actually in front of him!

Once again it shows that most of these powder scents, which please so many hearts, refuse me.
I haven't had much luck with them so far; that's what this great "seducer" proves.

However, I am sure, especially after the quite positive resonance here, that I am more or less a single case and that this sample will leave my "walking samples" behind quickly.
And yet there is this comment, which please would like to be seen as my personal fragrance experience.
Who would have thought that I would just fail so much at "1725 - Casanova"?

PMRP12
An elegant, powdery sweet fougere.
The almond and lavender are so smooth together, and there’s a hint of licorice/anise that adds something spicy and ever so slightly bitter. I actually prefer this to the oft-compared *Invasion Barbare*. Bottle worthy for barbershop fougere fans.

Soft Seducer
Scentrack:
Art of Noise - Love Beat

Casanova, a symbol of seduction, passion and adventure. It was not easy to justify this big name, but 1725 did it in big style. Like Casanova this fragrance is wolf in sheep's clothing. Soft, creamy and visually pale, and unbelievably alluring. Maybe it's too easy to say for fragrance is beautiful, but it perfectly describes 1725. Gentle, transparent, yet so precise. Perfectly balanced and tweaked. Starts with fluffy citruses, lavender and anise, and goes to dark amber, most realistic almonds and creamy vanilla and sandalwood.
Perfectly unisex, Casanova knows women must like him from the first smell. He surely knew what's good for him, like he advised it's easier to get in the bed with two ladies than one.

Rating: 10/10

More on Scentimentalwords

~ Smooth Operator ~
This "Casanova" is a smooth operator in a powdery velvet coat of purple lavender. As Giacomo himself would have said, "Be the flame not the moth." And in the sophisticated sillage of this HdP masterpiece that is the image you will give. After the initial greeting of the sweet talking citrus and anise this quickly moves into a lovers flowery poetry of liquorice and lavender. The almond and amber in the base are sweet but subtle seducing the nose the longer they lingers in your company. 1725 is a scent that is so familiar almost gourmand'ish in it's vanilla but a true classic fougere. The notes fall into place as they should clearly detectable and leave the wearer and those around him desiring more. You can expect a respectable longevity and a discreet personal sillage from this elegant charmer.
Kind Regards, Plat ~
Smell Alike - Think a modern smoother Rive Gauche.

Steve0580
A clean, expensive smelling talcum.
It's a rich smelling citrus and powder blend that dries down to what smells like an expensive talcum powder. I don't really pick up the other little nuances that are listed.

Another Fine Licorice Perfume
Although it's designated as a masculine composition, Histoires de Parfums 1725 reminds me a lot of some of the offerings of the house of Lolita Lempicka, and especially the masculine-leaning feminine perfumes. The notable presence of a dark licorice note combined with various other components important to Lolita Lempicka, including vanilla, amber, woods, etc. probably explains why I am reminded immediately of that house. 1725 also, for the same reasons, reminds me of Jesus del Pozo IN BLACK, and anyone who likes any one of these three would probably like the other two as well, it seems to me. The aesthetic is really very, very similar. Which of the three do I prefer? Hard to say. I may have to do a side-by-side comparison before issuing a verdict...

In a direct comparison, I have discovered how much sweeter the openings of LOLITA LEMPICKA and IN BLACK are next to 1725, which does make them seem initially quite a bit more feminine. In the drydown, however, I find all three to be unisex. My favorite drydown of the three is that of IN BLACK, probably because of the lavender note in 1725... Although I do think that this is a higher quality perfume in terms of components. Nonetheless, I think that anyone who likes one of these compositions would like the others as well. Black licorice lovers rejoice: anise/licorice-centric perfumes now abound!

MrLawmanMrLawman 5 months ago
A laundry clean aldehydic opening that dries down to a soft spicy perfume which is creamy, warm and powdery. Definitely spring appropriate.
Wilma065Wilma065 10 months ago
The licorice is fleeting to me as it quickly goes powdery and reminds me of Midnight in Paris. It's neither good nor bad; just average.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Nice manly fragrance, a bit barbershop and kind of remembering me Pour Un Homme de Caron. Interesting and masculine enough. I like it!
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
Classic fougere with lavender, sweet vanilla and almond with the tiniest hint of licorice. Feels dated and old school unfortunately.

by Smora
by Liquidasset
by MrsMancera
by MrsMancera

Popular Histoires de Parfums

Ambre 114 by Histoires de Parfums 1899 by Histoires de Parfums 1740 by Histoires de Parfums 1904 (Absolu Eau de Parfum) by Histoires de Parfums 1889 - Moulin Rouge by Histoires de Parfums Tubéreuse 3 Animale by Histoires de Parfums 1904 (Parfum) by Histoires de Parfums 1826 by Histoires de Parfums 1828 by Histoires de Parfums This is not a Blue Bottle 1.2 / Ceci n'est pas un Flacon Bleu 1.2 by Histoires de Parfums Édition Rare - Fidelis by Histoires de Parfums En Aparté - Prolixe by Histoires de Parfums 1804 by Histoires de Parfums Noir Patchouli by Histoires de Parfums En Aparté - Irrévérent by Histoires de Parfums Édition Rare - Pétroleum by Histoires de Parfums Édition Rare - Rosam by Histoires de Parfums Édition Rare - Veni by Histoires de Parfums This is not a Blue Bottle 1.4 / Ceci n'est pas un Flacon Bleu 1.4 by Histoires de Parfums Édition Rare - Ambrarem by Histoires de Parfums