1828 - Jules Verne (1999)

1828 - Jules Verne by Histoires de Parfums
1828 - Jules Verne (Histoires de Parfums)

1828 - Jules Verne is a popular perfume by Histoires de Parfums for men and was released in 1999. The scent is spicy-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Citric notes, Tangerine, Eucalyptus
Heart Notes Heart NotesNutmeg, Pepper
Base Notes Base NotesCedar, Frankincense, Vetiver, Pine tree cone

Submitted by Lobelia, last update on 14.10.2018

Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Very helpful Review
Men's scent meets woman
This is my first trial to write a review in English. I chose a men's scent because at a first sight of a scent I pay attention to the name followed by the summary of the fragances. Jules Verne the romantic author of science fiction novels. When I was a child I read them almost all. They seemed to me only old-fashioned but thrilling phantasy-stories. But now I recognize the humour and the political absurdities not only of those times. I even recognize the surrealism of the stories as well. Reading Jules Verne now is a different excitement with different fun because of knowing a lot more of history, science and philosphy. Clearly I expected a special tangy scent: Except of pine and mint it contents no fragances of the middle of Europe. But pine is my favorit coniferous tree and incence is one of my favorit fragances. If Jules Verne imagined to travel round the world within 80 days this collection of fragances reflects this. When I tested this parfume dedicated to Jules Verne the first time it teared away my breath. 1828 is like firy ice. At the same time it is the cool pine-forest in the high mountain and the sparkling eucalytus-trees while they are burning in Australia. Cool smoking incense in a catholic church and the arid scent of the areas in Africa where the scent trees are growing mixed up with the vetiver of South-Asia. 1828 smells clear, rough, smoky, hot and cold. Neither lovely flowers nor sweet fruits are cheering up the senses. Here we are almost landing at the moon. A long time later the grapefruit, the lemon and the tangerine appear softening and calming down the furious travel of fragances. Now the fast travel of Jules Vernes comes to an end and stands still to the more meditative view of the "Green Beam" a humorous love-story of Jules Verne. Lemon-green, something sweet and a little pouder-smell are appearing. At the end of the story the men are looking mesmerized at the green beam. The only woman who forced the men to search for the exact moment of the raising of the green beam is obeying one of these men...
1828 Jules Verne is a scent which rouses me out of exhaustion. It does not calm me at all.

• by Angua by Angua