Édition Rare - Rosam (2011)

Édition Rare - Rosam by Histoires de Parfums

Édition Rare - Rosam is a popular perfume by Histoires de Parfums for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesRose, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesDamask rose, Saffron, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oud, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 20.08.2019

Good Rose-Oud interpretation...
I like this one. It's a fresh, woody interpretation of the rose-oud combination that is refreshing and enjoyable. I get the rose, but the oud has a petrol-like aspect that remind me of Dior - Fahrenheit, so I would describe it as Fahrenheit with a prominent rose note. It's really nice. I also get the sandalwood, saffron, amber and incense. The rose note is really good in this, and the oud is not dark enough to be overbearing. They compliment each other really well. However, if money is an issue, then there are dozens of other rose-oud combinations out there.
7.5 5.0 7.5 6.0/10

Deja Vu...
I guess I have to give Rosam a thumbs up rating, but it barely deserves it, IMO. I wish I could do a better job of differentiating it from the competition, but to my nose it smells extremely similar to Black Aoud by Montale to the point of being almost laughable. As Black Aoud is less expensive, at least equally as good and came out first, I don't see any reason to buy Rosam in addition or instead of it, even if it is a good scent outright. Even better, I would buy Portrait of a Lady that is better than both of them IMO, and occupies the same space (albeit it smells completely different). Thumbs up for Rosam, but not recommended for purchase. 3 stars out of 5.

Lucasai 2 years ago
Rose & oud might be a very popular combo nowadays but Rosam is probably the most plush, fluffy and sensual of them all+3