This is not a Blue Bottle 1.4 Ceci n'est pas un Flacon Bleu 1.4 2018

This is not a Blue Bottle 1.4 / Ceci n'est pas un Flacon Bleu 1.4 by Histoires de Parfums
This is not a Blue Bottle 1.4 is a popular perfume by Histoires de Parfums for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-floral. It is still available to purchase.

Luca Maffei

Top Notes Top NotesDavanaDavana LavenderLavender CardamomCardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesYlang-ylangYlang-ylang Tonka beanTonka bean BenzoinBenzoin
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli LabdanumLabdanum OpoponaxOpoponax

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 02.04.2022.

Razvanyke
A good one for the summer
If you like the Amouage Sunshine Man, here you will find a similar vibe.
I think this perfume is really interesting because it is mixing florals with heavy notes like opoponax and labdanum, so the end result is interesting to say the least.

If you have the Amouage, this would be redundant but otherwise I think it´s a solid release from HDP and created by Luca Maffei. Not my favorite from the bunch, but I must admit that the niche quality of this creation is there - it does not smell generic at all.

Who's blue here???
Hello and welcome to a new comment from me! :)
Hold on! What's that now?? Here comes a fragrance in a BLUE bottle, but which is called "This Is Not A Blue Bottle? What's going on here? I'll explain it to you: The manufacturer, Histoires de Parfums, had once found that perfumes and perfumes in particular are very irritating and they brought out a blue bottle and mentioned that it was not a blue bottle. And they have achieved their goal of confusing you all! What, you don't believe me?
Believe it, I may often tell absolute nonsense, but every now and then I also tell the truth... *sigh* Well then do not believe me :D

But the name of the fragrance is actually very interesting, I think :D
The same goes for the manufacturer, of whom I haven't been able to test very many fragrances yet, but I found the few so far quite good. Histoires de Parfums, by the way, creates fragrances that are meant to tell stories, and in doing so it is oriented towards famous events and personalities from almost all periods of human history.

Now with "This Is Not A Blue Bottle" there is a little exception, because this time the fragrance is not really based on a story, even if the name of the fragrance is probably a reference to an artist's work, but I will tell you that after the description of the fragrance, because I seem to talk endlessly again... :D

Some now write that they would smell a lot of Ylang-Ylang. Well, I could hardly perceive Ylang, and I'm not exactly sad about that. Because you know that ylang-ylang is one of those fragrances that I personally find very exhausting, and it is precisely with such gentle scents that I think such a sultry, flowery note would have disturbed the fragrance rather than enhancing it.
Towards the end, however, I actually smell Ylang-Ylang, but fortunately this scent is not disturbing here at all, maybe also because the powdery-smooth and sweetish scents are simply in the foreground like the benzoic resin, which smells so wonderfully pleasant. More than the Ylang I smell the earthy patchouli, which is nice here, even if patchouli is not one of my favourite scents. In the end it stays warm and as described pleasantly sweet and powdery.

The silage and the durability:*
The sillage is quite moderate and even gets weaker. If there was no tonka bean here, the scent would probably disappear quickly... I recommend to spray a little bit on your clothes to get more of the scent! Even if the Sillage is rather weaker, the shelf life is still quite good, as the scent lasts for more than seven or eight hours.

Anyway, he still has a nice white pattern and looks simply nice and modern. I like it very much!
(Theoretically, you could still smoke the painting if you crumpled it up and lit it in a pipe... but well, don't worry, I'm not one of those people who would destroy works of art, as I generally like art in general very much!)

But the blue bottle of the fragrance here is neither an image nor an object of fantasy, it is real and indeed BLUE! Well, as far as I can tell from here. Maybe the actual bottle is completely different and was only camouflaged with a blue color to confuse you all (but you'll fall for anything :D). Anyway, I find it very interesting, and if someone finds a better explanation, he or she can tell me here :)

But enough babbling, the smell is very nice, but unfortunately quite weak. From the fragrance type it smells to me like a nice, sweetishly gentle perfume, but since it is weak, you can use it (or rather) well every day and in your free time, best in autumn and winter. If you have the opportunity to test it, then do so, because it smells very nice to me!

Well, and this brings me back to the end and I wish you all a nice evening :)

Popular by Histoires de Parfums

Ambre 114 by Histoires de Parfums 1899 by Histoires de Parfums 1740 by Histoires de Parfums 1904 (Absolu Eau de Parfum) by Histoires de Parfums 1889 - Moulin Rouge by Histoires de Parfums Tubéreuse 3 Animale by Histoires de Parfums 1904 (Parfum) by Histoires de Parfums 1725 by Histoires de Parfums 1826 by Histoires de Parfums This is not a Blue Bottle 1.2 / Ceci n'est pas un Flacon Bleu 1.2 by Histoires de Parfums 1828 by Histoires de Parfums Édition Rare - Fidelis by Histoires de Parfums En Aparté - Irrévérent by Histoires de Parfums Noir Patchouli by Histoires de Parfums Édition Rare - Pétroleum by Histoires de Parfums En Aparté - Prolixe by Histoires de Parfums Édition Rare - Veni by Histoires de Parfums 1804 by Histoires de Parfums 1969 by Histoires de Parfums Édition Rare - Ambrarem by Histoires de Parfums